PDA

View Full Version : Recent favorite movie rentals:

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 11:51 PM
V is for Vendetta (cool political sci-fi movie that keeps your interest throughout the whole flick) TWO THUMBS UP!
Lady in the Water (good story, a little chatty though, based on an M. Night Shyamalan fairy tale. Not his best work but I enjoyed this. Signs and UnBreakable are better than this) 1.25 Thumbs up
What are some of your recent favorite movie rentals? Rate them too please.:)

carter08
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I haven't rented a movie in years

District303aPastPlayer
STEP UP

SintonFan
Originally posted by carter08
Do you own a DVD player? lol

carter08
12-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Do you own a DVD player? lol

Yes
But Blockbuster is 30 minutes away

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes
But Blockbuster is 30 minutes away
Gimme your zip code or let me introduce you to something that's called NetFlicks.:p

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-28-2006, 12:02 AM
I usually buy DVDs instead of renting but I bought these recently
Walk the Line
Thank You for Smoking
Munich
The Omen
The Deer Hunter

All pretty good

We did rent Beerfest the other day

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
12-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Walk the Line
Thank You for Smoking
Munich
The Omen
The Deer Hunter

All pretty good

We did rent Beerfest the other day

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I buy about one out of every 100 flicks I have seen. I have learned that the more DVDs you buy the more they disappear.:D
Can I watch "Thank you for smoking" with my fairly young kids(12 and 9)? I was intrigued by the trailer.:nerd:

DU_stud04
12-28-2006, 12:11 AM
jackass 2.....i watched it a few times last night.

if you ever need a good laugh, whats better than stupid people doing stupid stuff to hurt themselfs?

SintonFan
12-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
jackass 2.....i watched it a few times last night.

if you ever need a good laugh, whats better than stupid people doing stupid stuff to hurt themselfs?
I just watch C-Span for the very same reason.:D

LHMom
12-28-2006, 12:36 AM
We watched Invinceable yesterday. It was pretty good. (A little football fix for those already missing it.)

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I finally bought Clerks II, but still haven't watched it!! :doh:

I fell asleep watching Cars the other night, that can't be good!!

Still trying to watch Nacho Libre & Invincible!!

MHSvarsity2007
12-28-2006, 12:44 AM
The Omen

the omen????? it was horrible!! i saw it twice and it was still lame.

i did like jackass 2 though...there were a few parts that i was like dear god but nonetheless it was pretty rad. :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-28-2006, 01:41 AM
I buy about one out of every 100 flicks I have seen. I have learned that the more DVDs you buy the more they disappear.:D
Can I watch "Thank you for smoking" with my fairly young kids(12 and 9)? I was intrigued by the trailer.:nerd:

Hmm I probably wouldn't, it has some pretty rough language and sexuality. I found it hilarious with alot of truth in it.

ILS1
12-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Watched Pirates Of The Caribbean 2. Great special effects but I thought the 1st one was better. Just finished watching The DaVinci Code. I thought it was an excellent movie!!! Very long movie too. 2 1/2 hours!! I normally don't buy DVD's,I just rent them. I might buy this one!!!

:D

GreenGobbla
12-28-2006, 04:08 AM
just finished watching BLOW. thought it was really good.

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Black tail

rangerjim
12-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Nacho Libre for stupid, silly fun.........

Watch for this line - "do you not realize I have had the diarrhia's since Easter?" (you have to do you're own hispanic accent for this for effect)

Me and my girls still quote the movie even after a good month after watching.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2006, 09:39 AM
I haven't rented a movie in years same here:D its been maybe 10 years. I usually buy it from TW on demand if i want to see a movie. Lady in the water was ok i enjoyed it. Battle of the Brave was not bad just a not so good ending.

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 10:02 AM
umm...I don't rent too many movies. I buy TV on DVD though. This year I've bought and/or borrowed the following:

TV on DVD
West Wing Seasons 1-7
Las Vegas Seasons 1-3
Entourage Seasons 1-2
The Office Season 1 (hoping to get Season 2 soon)

Movies
Cars...really enjoyed this one and might buy it.
Munich...really long and I fell asleep
Coach Carter...finally got around to watching it
Closer...don't let the kids anywhere near this one :(
Talladega Nights...got it for Christmas; saw it in theaters :thumbsup:
Waiting...the latest of many great Ryan Reynolds films (Van Wilder, Buying the Cow, etc). Definitely a "guy movie."
You, Me and Dupree...saw in theaters as well. It didn't get the greatest reviews but I really enjoyed the film.

There are probably others...maybe I'll think of them later.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I'd like to un-recommend a movie. "Click" was absolutely horrible. I never felt so down about life after watching this movie. Don't let the commercials fool you. It's not an uplifting hilarious Adam Sandler film. It has its funny moments, but in the end you just want to crawl up in a hole. This is the closest I've been to tears since I was young and watched "8 Seconds." But at least in '8 Seconds' I cried because it was relative to the movie. "Click" just made me that depressed.

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 10:19 AM
My nerdiness is gonna come out here...but I bought Volume 1, 2 and 4 (3 movies on each) of Shirley Temple classics......still looking for Volume 3. :nerd: :nerd:

Maroon87
12-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I got season 4 of Seinfeld as a Christmas present.:cool:

necks_c/09
12-28-2006, 12:45 PM
i rented the american pie naked mile last night.......that was so funny...it was great!

rockdale80
01-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
umm...I don't rent too many movies. I buy TV on DVD though. This year I've bought and/or borrowed the following:

TV on DVD
West Wing Seasons 1-7
Las Vegas Seasons 1-3
Entourage Seasons 1-2

Movies
Cars...really enjoyed this one and might buy it.
Munich...really long and I fell asleep
Coach Carter...finally got around to watching it
Closer...don't let the kids anywhere near this one :(
Talladega Nights...got it for Christmas; saw it in theaters :thumbsup:
Waiting...the latest of many great Ryan Reynolds films (Van Wilder, Buying the Cow, etc). Definitely a "guy movie."
You, Me and Dupree...saw in theaters as well. It didn't get the greatest reviews but I really enjoyed the film.

There are probably others...maybe I'll think of them later.

The Office is the best show ever made. Season 2 is WAY better than the first one. Well worth the money.

pirate4state
01-01-2007, 10:16 PM
FINALLY saw Clerks II - funny, but not as good as Clerks.

For the other gals on the board:

The Lake House - was pretty good
The Devil Wears Parda - don't bother

For all you indie lovers:

Little Miss Sunshine - :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tigerpride_08
01-01-2007, 10:18 PM

seems the same for me...

carter08
01-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
just finished watching BLOW. thought it was really good.

great movie

Emerson1
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I rented Behind Enemy Lines 2 last night. It was a straight to DVD movie and you could tell why. It was worth the $2.50 to get it though.

I got Snakes on a Plane to today, very good movie. Alot better than I thought it would be.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Jackass II
Jet Li's Fearless
The Groomsmen

I would suggest these to anyone.

Emerson1
01-01-2007, 10:40 PM
I bought Jackass 2 the day it came out. Make sure you watch all the bonus content.

pancho villa
01-02-2007, 12:30 AM
beerfest is a good rent movie.

The Descent was terrable!

Jackass 2 was awsome those guys are nuts.

44INAROW
01-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Walk the Line

We watched Walk the Line a while back and didn't expect to like it, and were pleasantly surprised..... both of us liked it.....

necks_c/09
01-02-2007, 01:37 AM
american pie: the naked mile:D :D :D :D

piratebg
01-04-2007, 12:14 AM
The Descent was a very good horror movie, compared to a lot of the crap released recently.

Invincible was good, but it was too freakin short.

Step Up was a waiste of time for me.

Beerfest was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

Those are all of the movies I have rented during the past week.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Descent was a very good horror movie, compared to a lot of the crap released recently.

Invincible was good, but it was too freakin short.

Step Up was a waiste of time for me.

Beerfest was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while.

Those are all of the movies I have rented during the past week.

I saw the descent in theaters and it was good there but I don't think it would be as good at home.

Beerfest was hiliarious, I thought.

"So you fancy yourself drinkers? Hmm yeah well we did just beat the Irish, so maybe a little."

SintonFan
01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
We're gonna rent Invincible and Beerfest based on a few recomendations here.
We recently saw SuperMan Returns. It was good but I'll give it 2.5 out of 4. It's very nice visually and Spacey is sure a heck-of-a different Lex Luthor. He's the "American Pie" of Super Villains here.:eek:

JJ7997
01-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i rented the american pie naked mile last night.......that was so funny...it was great!

Your right on that one ! What a great addition this series. Those migdets a hilarious !

GreenGobbla
01-11-2007, 02:07 AM
just finished watching Donnie Darko. always a classic.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
just finished watching Donnie Darko. always a classic.

..it's a mad mad world...

"First off, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette, Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intent of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little... white... pants. That's what's so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. What's the point of living, if you don't have a d%^&?" --Donnie Darko

Blastoderm55
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I haven't rented a move in a long time. If you do rent, give Blockbuster Online or Netflix a try. I think the former is the reason I haven't rented any movies lately. I saw too freaking many!

The one movie I do plan on renting is Idiocracy. Its the latest flick from Mike Judge, so it should be great. :D

Ray_BearKat
01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
The Illusionist was a very good movie i saw it earlier this week...

Jason1725
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I was wondering about tha Illusionist movie, was it worth buying?

un b weavable
01-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

TV on DVD
Entourage Seasons 1-2

Pretty much 2 of the best shows ever made.

I watched Beerfest and Crank last night. Beerfest was pretty good. I think its worth renting. Crank was insane but it was pretty cool. It reminded me of the Grand Theft Auto games but more intense. Definitely worth renting if you like action movies.

Phil C
01-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I rented Catch Me if You Can and it wouldn't work on my DVD player. :(
I will have to wait till they show it on tv. :(

Blastoderm55
01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I rented Catch Me if You Can and it wouldn't work on my DVD player. :(
I will have to wait till they show it on tv. :(

Its an excellent movie, Phil. I enjoyed it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Accepted
Idiocracy

Rent them, now.

Blastoderm55
01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Accepted
Idiocracy

Rent them, now.

I'll pass on the former, but I'm really looking forward to the latter. I might go rent it tonight if I don't go watch the varsity wrestling meet.

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Man on Fire (http://www.manonfiremovie.com/)

A great movie my son wanted for Christmas and I recently re-watched.:)

pirate4state
01-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Man on Fire (http://www.manonfiremovie.com/)

A great movie my son wanted for Christmas and I recently re-watched.:)

Yep, I really liked that movie!! :thumbsup:

I watched Nanny McPhee the other day!! :thumbsup: :)

AP Panther Fan
01-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I want to see this, is it out at the video store? The girls might have seen it at the theater, but I haven't....:thinking:

pirate4state
01-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I want to see this, is it out at the video store? The girls might have seen it at the theater, but I haven't....:thinking:

Saw it on one of the cable channels. HBO family maybe? So, yes it is at the video store!! Cute movie. If you liked Mary Poppins you'll love Nanny McPhee.

Okay, now I'm really leaving. ;)

Blastoderm55
01-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Saw both Idiocracy and The Last Kiss last night.

Idiocracy: Awesome movie. A wonderful indictment of our consumption-driven society. Hearing voices from King of the Hill was also a pleasant surprise, as well as a new role for Michael Bolton of Office Space fame. :)

The Last Kiss:
http://www.ugo.com/channels/dvd/features/inlivingcolor_season1/images/inlivingcolor_season1_1_th.jpg
HATED IT!

Buccaneer
01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I get about 6 movies a week with Blockbuster Online. I saw Crank tonight and it was excellent. Definitely not slow and very funny!

bandera7
01-14-2007, 01:45 AM
The Illusionist was amazing. Definitely worth buying. We just bought it, and I really loved it. I dont rent movies either, we just buy them. Recently, I have bought The Illusionist, Jackass 2, Talladega Nights, and many more that I just dont remember. But movies are something that my family likes, so we have a lot of them. Man on Fire definitely is excellent as well. Denzel is amazing in that movie. Did anybody see Deja Vu? I loved it, Denzel pulled that role of very well.

maroonpirate04
01-14-2007, 02:01 AM
I don't rent movies i always buying movies at Best Buy. So far i gotten around 500 movies vhs and dvds from the oldest to the newest releases. Everyday I watch around 4 or 5 movies a day. Right now Im in the year 1996 almost done with that year.
Todays movies were

Set It Off- Great movie of the '96 Holiday Season one of the biggest box office hits Jada Pinkett Smith, Vicia A Fox, Queen Latifah, and introducing new comer Kimberly Elise made great performances along with Dr Dre, Blair Underwood, Lorenz Tate

Ransom- Mel Gibson was reunited with co-star Lethal Weapon 3 Rene Russo in a suspense film about the kidnapping of their son

Jingle All The Way- Arnold Schwarzengger put his comedy talents to work in this Christmas Comedy with comdien co-stars Sinbad, Phil Hartman

101 Dalmations- After the 1950's verison came out '96 was the year to finally to make the live action verison. Glenn Close stars as the uncanny Cruella De Vil . also starring Jeff Daniels, Joely Richardson, and Joan Plowright

pirate4state
01-14-2007, 04:08 AM
Watched Invincible earlier. Pretty good movie, too short. :(

espn1
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Crank is the best one I've seen lately. A must see.

NDFootball
01-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Has anyone seen Crank?? Is it any good? I've wanted to rent it but idk if it's worth the money nobody I know has seen it.

NDFootball
01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
woops nvm

Emerson1
01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Crank was alright. The previews make it seem alot better, most of it is pretty cheesy. Idiocracy was better

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Crank was good if you enjoyed The Transporter movies. The Covenant was also a good watch.

bulldogman06
01-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Idiocracy Crank and Covenant were all good. Accepted is real good though

bulldogman06
01-15-2007, 05:03 AM
By the way, best movies to watch for those who dont watch many: Gladiator, Patriot, Man on Fire, Out Cold, Jack Ass 2, Wedding Crashers, 40 yr. old virgin, the first matrix, Braveheart, Dragonheart, Old school, and a beautiful mind. Also, the ones in the theatres right now that I thought were awesome were Deja Vu, Pursuit of Happyness, The Good Shephard, and Apocalypto. This is coming from someone who has somethin like 700 DVDs and I probably go to the movies 2-3 times a week.

rundoe
01-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
We watched Invinceable yesterday. It was pretty good. (A little football fix for those already missing it.)

I watched it too and enjoyed it. Thought it was very well done, including the reality of him blowing his first play n the NFL to the ego's of the established players. Three and a half stars.

SintonFan
01-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Snakes!.....
on a plane!!!:D
This movie was fun. 2.5 out of 4 stars.

Blastoderm55
01-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Watch The 9/11 Commission Report Saturday night. A terrible movie in terms of audio and video, but very compelling. An intriguing re-enactment of the findings that took place after the fact.

AP Panther Fan
01-15-2007, 11:23 AM

Rented it and watched it this weekend. It was pretty good. :)

espn1
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
The Gridiron Gang is awesome. A must see.

SintonFan
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
We saw Jet Li's "Fearless" last night. I was pleasantly suprised with the quality of this film. 3 out of 4 stars!:clap:

SintonFan
01-16-2007, 10:19 PM
We're fixin to start "The Illusionist".
I'll let you know how it goes on the big screen.:D

sinton66
01-16-2007, 10:21 PM
When I get time, I pull out my DVD of "Open Range". I liked it so well, I went out and bought a copy.

espn1
01-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I just Bought One Eyed Jacks, The Far Country and The Good the Bad & the Ugly.

sinton66
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I also was given a bunch of John Wayne movies for Christmas and my birthday by my kids. One would think they know me well or something.;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I also was given a bunch of John Wayne movies for Christmas and my birthday by my kids. One would think they know me well or something.;)

I watched big jake the other day and I just love that movie.

GreenGobbla
01-17-2007, 07:27 AM
i rented texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning, and it was alright, nothing too spectacular, but none the less a decent movie.

also rented hard candy, but havent gotten around to watching it, not too sure if im going to like this one, sounds a little weird.

SintonFan
01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
We're fixin to start "The Illusionist".
I'll let you know how it goes on the big screen.:D
"The Illusionist" was a great film. All good quality writing, acting and effects.
3.5 out of 4 stars!:clap: :)
Now, "The Wicker Man" was terrible. I wanted to go out and stomp on witches and black cats after that movie.:mad: :eek:
At least that's how I felt afterward...:(
2 out of 4 stars on this pro-male drivel aimed at making female communes look like loony-bins.:thinking: :doh:

SintonFan
01-27-2007, 03:40 AM
ttt :)

SintonFan
01-27-2007, 03:43 AM
We just rented "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". It had it's moments but was pedestrian for this genre. 2 out of 4 stars.
I'm looking to rent "Idiocracy" after some of these reviews.:)

Blastoderm55
01-27-2007, 11:09 AM
We just rented "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". It had it's moments but was pedestrian for this genre. 2 out of 4 stars.
I'm looking to rent "Idiocracy" after some of these reviews.:)

You'll love it.

I like money.

:cool:

charlesrixey
01-27-2007, 11:26 AM
V is for Vendetta (cool political sci-fi movie that keeps your interest throughout the whole flick) TWO THUMBS UP!
Lady in the Water (good story, a little chatty though, based on an M. Night Shyamalan fairy tale. Not his best work but I enjoyed this. Signs and UnBreakable are better than this) 1.25 Thumbs up
What are some of your recent favorite movie rentals? Rate them too please.:)

V for Vendetta is one of the better movies i have seen in a long time. It was a good blend of intelligence and action.

piratebg
01-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I just saw:

The Covenant: Not as bad as they say, but you really have to keep an open mind to enjoy.

World Trade Center: Very good movie.

Gridiron Gang: Awesome football movie

Da Vinci Code: I thought it was good, but I never read the book, so I probably enjoyed it more.

Maroon87
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I bought Little Miss Sunshine the other day but fell asleep halfway through watching it. What I saw was pretty funny.:cool:

Blastoderm55
01-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I bought Little Miss Sunshine the other day but fell asleep halfway through watching it. What I saw was pretty funny.:cool:

Where did you leave off? The whole movie is hilarious. :p

Rented The Devil Wears Prada last night. Decent movie. Also rented Invincible. I'll hopefully review that Monday. :)

Maroon87
01-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Where did you leave off? The whole movie is hilarious. :p

Where the kid that's not speaking starts crying by the side of the road.

The grandfather was killing me...:D

Maroon87
01-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Rented The Devil Wears Prada last night. Decent movie. Also rented Invincible. I'll hopefully review that Monday. :)

Invincible is good. But then again I pretty much like anything with Mark Wahlberg. When The Departed comes out be sure to get it. He was hilarious in that flick, him and Alec Baldwin.

pirate4state
01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Where the kid that's not speaking starts crying by the side of the road.

The grandfather was killing me...:D

Awwwww, you were almost done. You really need to finish it. Best part of the movie is coming up!!! ROFL!

I watched the Covenant this afternoon. :) I liked it, ALOT!

Next up: The Illusionist & Idiocracy. :nerd: :D

piratebg
01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Awwwww, you were almost done. You really need to finish it. Best part of the movie is coming up!!! ROFL!

I watched the Covenant this afternoon. :) I liked it, ALOT!

Next up: The Illusionist & Idiocracy. :nerd: :D

My wife fell in love with most of the guys in that movie. :D

pirate4state
01-27-2007, 08:57 PM
My wife fell in love with most of the guys in that movie. :D

OH YEAH! :inlove: :inlove:

Well you guys had those two girls always in their undies?? :rolleyes: :p

piratebg
01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
OH YEAH! :inlove: :inlove:

Well you guys had those two girls always in their undies?? :rolleyes: :p

Oh, yes. I will admit, they were a little gracious with the cleavage. ;)

piratebg
01-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I just finished watching "The Illusionist" and thought it was a very good movie. Definitely worth the rent. :thumbsup:

sectionCwannabe
01-27-2007, 11:50 PM
saw gridiron gang a few weeks back very good movie, for me, it brings back alot of memories!

pirate4state
01-27-2007, 11:55 PM
I just finished watching "The Illusionist" and thought it was a very good movie. Definitely worth the rent. :thumbsup: I'm suppose to be watching that, but instead here I am. :doh: :D

piratebg
01-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm suppose to be watching that, but instead here I am. :doh: :D

You missing a goodin :D

pirate4state
01-27-2007, 11:57 PM
You missing a goodin :D

I actually started it like 5 hours ago, but then got interrupted. I'll start it back up in a bit, but then who will you have to talk to?? :p

piratebg
01-27-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm watching Spaceballs right now and speaking my favorite lines as I'm posting. :cool:

pirate4state
01-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm watching Spaceballs right now and speaking my favorite lines as I'm posting. :cool:

ROFL! I need to pay attention to The Illusionist. :nerd: :D

BuffyMars
01-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah....ummm....I'm gonna need you to come in and work on Saturday.

We are DVDaholics. We should probably start a program. We seriously lost count after 500...we have what we call tubs'o'dvds. It's sad. Very. Very. Sad. We did invest in netflix as well which has helped with our compulsion.

So We finally had to slow down on the addiction, so now all we buy are TV series on DVD.

Our recent buys are must haves! :D

Currently in our dvd player:
Veronica Mars Seasons 1 & 2
X-Files Seasons 1 & 2

Terry what else?

Txbroadcaster
01-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Right now that is all VM and X-Files

FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hope Floats'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss

piratebg
My DVD player broke two days ago. I just had to watch The Illusionist at a friends house. I'll probably go out and buy a DVD Recorder when I get my return in about a week.

BuffyMars
01-28-2007, 12:23 AM
My DVD player broke two days ago. I just had to watch The Illusionist at a friends house. I'll probably go out and buy a DVD Recorder when I get my return in about a week.

Return....hahaha!! New concept what is that? :mad:

I FEAR tax season!!!

:(

piratebg
01-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Return....hahaha!! New concept what is that? :mad:

I FEAR tax season!!!

:(

I love tax season. This is the one time of year that the government smiles down on me. :D

BuffyMars
01-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I love tax season. This is the one time of year that the government smiles down on me. :D

I don't get returns anymore. :( Stupid 1099 gal here. :weeping: :helpme:

smustangs
01-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Just watched the Guardian and wow by far my favorite movie nwo.

pirate4state
01-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I just finished watching "The Illusionist" and thought it was a very good movie. Definitely worth the rent. :thumbsup:

Okay, finally watched it. It was very good, but I had it all figured out way before the illusion started. :(

NDFootball
01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
IMO I think The Prestige is better than The Illusionist, but that's just my opinion. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

tigerpride_08
01-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
IMO I think The Prestige is better than The Illusionist, but that's just my opinion. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

i saw Me,You, and Dupree the other week and i have to say it was pretty funny...:)

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Idiocracy was okay. I think maybe I need to watch it again. :thinking: I laughed at a few things, but I was expecting a non stop laugh-a-thon and that didn't happen.

Also watched The Guardian earlier in the week. Good flick! :thumbsup: Ladies if you are a fan of Kevin Costner - rent it!! :)

TexanAlum_06
01-29-2007, 12:38 AM
I just watched Lucky # Slevin and The Sentinal and both of them were very good:clap:

SintonFan
01-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by NDFootball
oooooooooo...
I've been waiting for The Prestige to come out. It's gotta be awesome to be better than The Illusionist.:)
We watched Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind on the Big Screen in HD tonight. It was as sweet as could be in HD with all those colorful effects and great storyline.:cool: :clap: 3.5 out of 4 stars!
We plan on seeing The Covenant tomorrow night.
Maybe Idiocracy next Saturday. It IS Super Bowl weekend. lol

bhtrainer
01-29-2007, 09:09 AM
im defenitly a sucker for Talladega Nights...its soo stupid its funny...my ringtone on my cell is him praying at the dinner table...lol...but other than that a movie i rent all the time is Rudy...lol ive rented it so much its cheaper just to buy it

AP Panther Fan
01-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
im defenitly a sucker for Talladega Nights...its soo stupid its funny...my ringtone on my cell is him praying at the dinner table...lol...but other than that a movie i rent all the time is Rudy...lol ive rented it so much its cheaper just to buy it

Dear 6 lb, 8 oz Baby Jesus.......best part of the movie...:D

BuffyMars
01-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah Terry and I have been thinking if we have twins...they will be Xena, and Warrior Princess.

Buccaneer
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I watched Catch a Fire and The Marine last night. The Marine is a WWE production starring John Cena the wrestler. It may have more explosions than any movie I have ever seen. I hope to watch Flyboys tonight or the Unknown.

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Caught Firewall with Harrison Ford on the tube last night. Okay flick, but one thing that stood out....Harrison Ford is old and needs to stop making films where he needs to be kicking someone's ass. It just isn't believable anymore. :(

Blastoderm55
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Caught Firewall with Harrison Ford on the tube last night. Okay flick, but one thing that stood out....Harrison Ford is old and needs to stop making films where he needs to be kicking someone's ass. It just isn't believable anymore. :(

Isn't he making another Indiana Jones movie? :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM

I like money.

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Isn't he making another Indiana Jones movie? :confused: Oh yeah....:(

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
I like money.

I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.

piratebg
01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
OMG :eek: :eek: :eek:

RFLMAO

piratebg
01-31-2007, 05:19 PM

I have been waiting a long time for this one. It's one of those movies where they say, "We're gonna make it" and then they say, "We'd like to, but we're not sure."

pirate4state
moving on ..... :eek: :evillol:

Blastoderm55
Guess that was too risque. :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Guess that was too risque. :p

I could really go for some Starbucks. :D

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:21 PM
electrolytes :D ;)

Blastoderm55
01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
BRAWNO!

Its what plants crave. :D

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
BRAWNO!

Its what plants crave. :D

One of my fave lines I can't post :( :(

"It says on your chart you're jacked up, you talk like a sissy, and your poop is all retarded" - edited :D

Blastoderm55
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
I'd love to post a transcript of the Army officer's explanation of his experience with Upgraydd. :p

Blastoderm55
01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Welcome to Costco, I love you.

pirate4state
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I have to watch it again. This is the same thing that happened with Napoleon Dynamite. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
I'd love to post a transcript of the Army officer's explanation of his experience with Upgraydd. :p

It has two D's because he likes to serve out a "Double Dose" of pimping.

Blastoderm55
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't worry scrub. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick [butt] lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

Blastoderm55
01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
It has two D's because he likes to serve out a "Double Dose" of pimping.

You see, a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

SintonFan
02-03-2007, 03:35 AM
We saw "Employee of the Month" tonight. It was hilarious. Sam's Club rules!:clap: :D
3 out of 4 stars.:cool:
Blasto, we bought a new sofa from Rooms To Go tonight.:)

Blastoderm55
02-03-2007, 11:23 AM
We saw "Employee of the Month" tonight. It was hilarious. Sam's Club rules!:clap: :D
3 out of 4 stars.:cool:
Blasto, we bought a new sofa from Rooms To Go tonight.:)

Cool. Which one?

And have you seen the other Employee of the Month? It stars Matt Dillon. Its a bit, um, darker than the Jessica Simpson version. :p

SintonFan
02-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Cool. Which one?

And have you seen the other Employee of the Month? It stars Matt Dillon. Its a bit, um, darker than the Jessica Simpson version. :p
I'll look for it Blasto.
The sofa is too new to show or I'd have a pic.:( It's a hybrid cinema corner sofa.:)
OK, we saw Crank and I'll give it 3 out of 4 stars. A non-stop adrenaline RUSH! Nice but not for the kiddos!
We also saw Open Season and everyone enjoyed that movie. 2.5 out of 4.
Did I say that The Descent was OK, but still managed to make you feel underwhelmed with it's preposterous ending? lol

44INAROW
02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
watched Invincible last night - enjoyed it - watching the interviews afterwards was good too.. of course, I am a huge Mark Walberg fan:) his wife (the one at the beginning of the movie) looked so familiar - anyone know something she's been in?

pirate4state
02-26-2007, 11:51 AM
:doh: :doh: I still haven't watched Running with Scissors and tomorrow Stranger than Fiction hits video stores. :(

Blastoderm55
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
:doh: :doh: I still haven't watched Running with Scissors and tomorrow Stranger than Fiction hits video stores. :(

Its already in my Q. :D Watching "Trust The Man" or something like that tonight.

pirate4state
02-26-2007, 11:55 AM
When I wasn't at a softball game this weekend I was watching Eddie Murphy's Delirous & Raw. :thumbsup:

44INAROW
02-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I almost rented that DVD about the magicians/illusionists? can't think of the name right now.. seems it's a one-word title... any idea if it's any good?

pirate4state
02-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I almost rented that DVD about the magicians/illusionists? can't think of the name right now.. seems it's a one-word title... any idea if it's any good? Prestige? Everyone on the downlow that has watched it has nothing but good things to say. Also the Illusionist was good too!! :)

Blastoderm55
02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I almost rented that DVD about the magicians/illusionists? can't think of the name right now.. seems it's a one-word title... any idea if it's any good?

The Illusionist? :p

44INAROW
02-26-2007, 12:14 PM
crapola - I don't know if it's Prestige or the Illusionist? are they both about magicians?

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Relative Strangers - funny in some parts - not for everyone
Trust the man - great cast including David Duchovny - it was an alright film - I miss the X-Files
Flicka - loved it - great family movie - the only thing that was weird is that they had a 27 year old actress playing a 17 year old :rolleyes: there are plenty of young actresses that could have played this role....in one particular scene you could REALLY SEE her age :doh: other than that .... the cinematography was awesome :nerd: :D

Blastoderm55
03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Relative Strangers - funny in some parts - not for everyone

But you can't tell the difference in the dark. :cool:

Saw Stranger than Fiction last night. Meh. :p

BuffyMars
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Terry and I bought Accepted...and it was hilarious!! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
But you can't tell the difference in the dark. :cool:

Saw Stranger than Fiction last night. Meh. :p

How the hell are ya! :p

I think Emma Thompson's character depressed me more than Will Ferrell's!!

Blastoderm55
03-12-2007, 11:15 AM
How the hell are ya! :p

I think Emma Thompson's character depressed me more than Will Ferrell's!!

Dustin Hoffman's character really ticked me off. Its just a freaking book! And now its only "okay?" :mad:

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Dustin Hoffman's character really ticked me off. Its just a freaking book! And now its only "okay?" :mad:

"Will you shut the hell up!" - ROFLMAO! :D

AP Panther Fan
03-12-2007, 11:24 AM

[i]Flicka - loved it - great family movie - the only thing that was weird is that they had a 27 year old actress playing a 17 year old :rolleyes: there are plenty of young actresses that could have played this role....in one particular scene you could REALLY SEE her age :doh: other than that .... the cinematography was awesome :nerd: :D

I watched this one last week and while the movie was okay, I am thinking Tim McGraw should just stick to singing....not much of an actor.

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I watched this one last week and while the movie was okay, I am thinking Tim McGraw should just stick to singing....not much of an actor. well yeah - that's a given AND isn't he bald?? :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
well yeah - that's a given AND isn't he bald?? :thinking:

Probably since I cannot find even one picture of him without a hat or scarf on his head....and I actually looked. :nerd:

pirate4state
03-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Probably since I cannot find even one picture of him without a hat or scarf on his head....and I actually looked. :nerd: Well, I seem to remember a bald patch in Friday Night Lights and his "hair" in Flicka was suspect. ;)

piratebg
03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I saw Man of the Year with Robin Williams yesterday. The previews were a little misleading in that this was not an entire laugh out loud comedy. If you go in wanting to laugh for 105 minutes then you will be let down. The movie was good, but not great.

I also rented Borat but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

Blastoderm55
03-14-2007, 12:07 PM
I watched the first hour of Borat last night, then turned it off and wished that I could somehow get back that hour that I had completely wasted. My mom is a sick, twisted woman for wanting me and my fiancee to watch that rubbish.

BuffyMars
03-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I watched the first hour of Borat last night, then turned it off and wished that I could somehow get back that hour that I had completely wasted. My mom is a sick, twisted woman for wanting me and my fiancee to watch that rubbish.

I agree. I have never wanted to leave a theater so much in my life. I personally didn't find making a mockery out of this country's racism funny.

I don't think racism should ever be funny whether you are trying to exploit it or not. But thats just me.

pirate4state
03-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I have no desire to watch that "film".

Last night I watched "On the outs" - crazy movie.

Buccaneer
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
BORAT was painful! Casino Royale was very entertaining. I did not buy Daniel Craig as James Bond. Harsh Times was very harsh!

SintonFan
03-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I thought "BORAT" was amusing but not hilarious(maybe if I could actually hear it instead of hearing my friend laugh to all the punchlines the movie would be better.)
2 out of 4.
"The Prestige" was a good movie. Unlike "The Illusionists" this movie actually tried to play a trick on you in the "big picture",
It was good and I'll rate this movie 3 out of 4 stars.
We watched "Stranger than Fiction" tonight and it was much better than I saw it advertised.
3 stars out of 4 for this cool movie.:) :clap:

piratebg
03-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Well, I finally saw Borat. It was funny at parts but I didn't think it was terrible. The part that really had I closed my eyes and cringed at was the part where him and his fat friend were fighting over Pamela Anderson. Yuck.

piratebg
03-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Okay, I finally got to see Rocky Balboa last night and I absolutely loved. Even my wife, who has only seen 1, 2, and 4, was at one point brought to tears by the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, and there are probably only a few who haven't, you have got to rent this one.

The other movie I saw last night was Eragon and it was ok, but it felt like it was missing something. The story didn't pull me in to it so there was no real sense of adventure or excitement. Oh well, there will be a couple of sequels to come. Hopefully they can fix that.

piratebg
04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Last night I saw Blood Diamond and Children of Men. Blood Diamond was a great flick from the time it started until the time it ended. Children of Men was good too, but it was kind of slow at the beginning and didn't have the end the way I thought it would, but still good nonetheless.

SintonFan
04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I forgot about this thread. lol
300. What can you say. Fabulous movie!
3.5 out of 4 stars!!!:clap:

piratebg
04-20-2007, 07:09 AM
I saw Flushed Away last night with my boys. It was definitely one of the better animated movies that I've seen in a while. Very good and worth the rent.

Buccaneer
04-20-2007, 01:42 PM
BOBBY was good. Death of a President was alot of propaganda.

DDBooger
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I agree. I have never wanted to leave a theater so much in my life. I personally didn't find making a mockery out of this country's racism funny.

I don't think racism should ever be funny whether you are trying to exploit it or not. But thats just me. ah I loved it. i didn't watch it with my thinking cap! lol "Do not be afraid Gypsy, I only want your tears, give them to me, or I will take them" lol racism should not be funny but think of it as a "gross out" documentary about racism. I laughed hysterically at a lot of it. now the scene where his friend azamat sits on his face, GROSS, couldn't watch that.

Emerson1
05-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Just rented Pan's Labryinth, The Last King of Scotland, and Letters from Iwo Jima. I almost got Snakes on a Train

Got Elder Scrolls Oblivion for 360

Disc 1-3 of season 3 of Smallville should be here by Wednesday aswell

piratebg
05-30-2007, 08:20 AM
I recently rented Epic Movie and actually got a good amount of laughs out of it. It wasn't that bad.

I also saw Night at the Museum and it was ok.

Buccaneer
05-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Apocalypto is the best movie I have seen lately.

Emerson1
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Epic Movie is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It has no real "watching" value, it's stuff you find funny talking about it a week later.

I though apacalypto was kind of bland, alot of cool violence though.

spoilers

Same with Pan's Labyrinth. I thought it should of been longer, a movie like that you can stretch to 2 hours and 30-45 minutes. The 3 quest seemed kind of useless to, overall the whole "fairytale" part of it was not used enough. To much "real" stuff happened. I didn't have any idea it was gonna be subtitles either until the guy told me when I rented it. I didn't like hearing a language I know some words to while reading english. I liked it overall though, they should do a sequel

end spoilers

I am about 1/3 through Last King of Scotland and really like it. Worth a rental

LHMom
06-04-2007, 11:19 PM
It's not that new, but I just watched The Guardian. LOVED IT.

pirate4state
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Blast - I FINALLY saw Running with Scissors - I loved it :D

"I smell manure."
"I don't smell anything."
"No, I smell manure. It's coming out of your ears!"

Finally saw The Prestige - LOVED IT!!! :clap:

Ladies - I rented a couple of chick flicks:

Because I said so - very sweet mother/daughter movie AND
Music and Lyrics - Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore - very cookie cutter, but some funny stuff especially if you grew up in the 80's. :D

pirate4state
06-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Rented & watched Deja Vu - loved it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

piratebg
06-24-2007, 11:10 PM
I rented Norbit and am still fighting to get my money back. I haven't seen a movie that bad in a while.

I also rented Ghost Rider and it was definitely more watchable than Norbit, but at the same time it was still not that very good.

Prior to these two I saw the The Messengers, which was okay but nothing to get excited about, and Hannibal Rising, which I found to be both interesting and entertaining.

DDBooger
06-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Going to Prison - Some funny parts, but otherwise, pointless

Letters from Iwo Jima - had some rather poignant moments
and a interesting glimpse in to the enemies perspective.

Days of Glory - French film about the north african troops who fought for France in the 2nd world war. nominated for several oscars but from my knowledge of that war and its history I sensed a lot of revisionist perspective(what hollywood movie about war doesn't), yet it had its moments.

luvhoops34
06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I rented Norbit and am still fighting to get my money back. I haven't seen a movie that bad in a while.

I also rented Ghost Rider and it was definitely more watchable than Norbit, but at the same time it was still not that very good.

Prior to these two I saw the The Messengers, which was okay but nothing to get excited about, and Hannibal Rising, which I found to be both interesting and entertaining.

I actually paid money at a theater to see Norbit. It sucked big time. :eek:

pooch
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
40 year old virgin...thinking about sandbags right now....

Hitch....

Buccaneer
06-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Shooter was great! Classic Wahlberg! Black Snake Moan was ok. Also saw Perfect Warrior.

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Shooter was great! Classic Wahlberg! Black Snake Moan was ok. Also saw Perfect Warrior.
I have shooter right now. I am making my way through letters from Iwo Jima, pretty good so far, a lot of action.

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Just watched Shooter, pretty decent, it's non stop action.

Diocletian
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Apocalypto is the best movie I have seen lately.

i'd have to agree .....

2nd best i've seen in a while is a movie called Seraphim Falls

Emerson1
06-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Was shooter out in theaters?

3afan
06-30-2007, 06:23 AM
yeah but it didnt do well - it wasnt bad

pirate4state
06-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I still have The Good Shepard. Anyone watch this yet?

Emerson1
06-30-2007, 10:20 AM
I still have The Good Shepard. Anyone watch this yet?
It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long.

DDBooger
06-30-2007, 10:20 AM
I still have The Good Shepard. Anyone watch this yet? i have, it can seem dull, but its not a james bond or Mission Impossible, its real, i found it very interesting.

charlesrixey
06-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long.

all of those 'y's and one too few 'o's?!

Buccaneer
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i have, it can seem dull, but its not a james bond or Mission Impossible, its real, i found it very interesting.

The same could be said of Breach.

Emerson1
06-30-2007, 07:23 PM
The same could be said of Breach.
Breach isn't supposed to be a movie like James Bond though.

DDBooger
06-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Breach isn't supposed to be a movie like James Bond though. nope, breach is nothing but a man with computer access to all of our secrets he was assigned to protect

ILS1
07-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Just watched "The Good Shepard". It was a really good but everyone is right way toooooo loooooong!!! 2 hrs. and 41 minutes but who's counting............

Night At The Musuem was entertaining and great special effects. It was ok overall.

The Shooter was decent. I like Mark Wahlberg as well.

:D :D

Blastoderm55
07-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Just watched "Big Nothing", starring David Schwimmer (Friends) and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead). I would describe the flick as a very dark "Office Space." Worth a one-time viewing.

Buccaneer
07-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
i'd have to agree .....

2nd best i've seen in a while is a movie called Seraphim Falls

Seraphim Falls was a little slow but had great scenery! It got a little weird at the end.

Buccaneer
07-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Just watched "Big Nothing", starring David Schwimmer (Friends) and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead). I would describe the flick as a very dark "Office Space." Worth a one-time viewing.
I thought that was the worst movie I had seen in a long time but I dislike David Schwimmer immensely!

piratebg
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Saw Stomp the Yard and I wanted to stomp the person that recommended it. What a waste of $4!!!

Buccaneer
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Here is a good one, Sublime stars Tom Cavanaugh(Ed).

Buccaneer
07-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Good week for rentals:

Zodiac - very interesting true story
The Number 23 - worth the rent
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer - weird but compelling
The Contract- straight to video stars Jon Cusack and Morgan l. Freeman
The Astronaut Farmer - good
The Dead Girl
The Lost Room - Sci Fi miniseries thoroughly entertaining

VanKampen
07-29-2007, 12:17 PM
300 - best action/killing movie with the most badass dude ever(leonidas)
hot fuzz - funniest action movie ever

DDBooger
07-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
300 - best action/killing movie with the most badass dude ever(leonidas)
hot fuzz - funniest action movie ever how did you rent 300? doesn't it come out on tuesday?

Emerson1
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2003/61twigjyf2.jpg

piratebg
07-29-2007, 06:05 PM
how did you rent 300? doesn't it come out on tuesday?

Anything is possible with tv-links. :D

Emerson1
07-29-2007, 06:07 PM
how did you rent 300? doesn't it come out on tuesday?
I know my video store puts them out on Saturday.

Astrosdawg07
07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Premonision was really good...!

DDBooger
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Anything is possible with tv-links. :D true, i watched the simpsons movie last night

Ranger Mom
07-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Premonision was really good...!

Premonition?? I agree!!

Although I love almost everything Sandra Bullock is in!!:D

Maroon87
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I watched Zodiac last night. I really liked it. A tad long but not too bad. The most annoying thing is that it jumps around quite a bit.

pirate4state
07-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Premonition?? I agree!!

Although I love almost everything Sandra Bullock is in!!:D

That movie was good!! :)

I watched Transformers, AGAIN! Last night - at home! :D

piratebg
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm probably going to check out 300 and Hot Fuzz tomorrow. Has anyone seen Hot Fuzz yet?

piratebg
07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, I went to the local Movie Gallery to try to rent 300 around lunch time and they were all gone. :mad: I did however get Hot Fuzz but I was really hoping for a double feature.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Rented "Employee of the Month" a few days ago and was pleasantly impressed...much funnier than I expected!

piratebg
08-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, I watched Premonition tonight and was very disappointed with the movie. Hot Fuzz on the other hand was absolutely hilairous.

Emerson1
08-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I got Hott Fuzz in the mail. Once I finish up Bourne Supremacy I will watch it.

Buccaneer
08-02-2007, 08:54 PM
This weeks DVD's

Hot Fuzz
Pathfinder
Lonely Hearts stars John Travolta and James Gandofini
Played

Blastoderm55
08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Saw part of "Confetti" the other night. Don't watch it.

piratebg
08-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I know this is a movie rental thread, but I bought Monster Squad on DVD and that movie still rocks 20 years later. Sometimes I miss the 80s. :)

Bellville22
08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
City of God

I had heard great things about this foreign movie and I finally got to watch it. I think there was even a thread on here about this movie. It's outstanding! Set outside Rio in Brazil, it's in Portuguese, but don't let that discourage you, it is a great movie! Be sure you have the subtitles on.

tigerpride_08
08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
i saw 23 the other night and it was pretty good...i would of thought it would have been alot scarier though...

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Watched Perfect Stranger earlier with Halle Berry & Bruce Willis. Not a bad flick. :thumbsup:

Buccaneer
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Good Paul Walker flick - Bobby Z

Bull19
09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Perfect Stranger

the country music group?

LHMom
09-11-2007, 10:14 PM
My favorite recent rental is Shooter. Mark Wahlburg is an ex-sniper. Good good show.

piratebg
01-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I rented Good Luck Chuck and laughed my butt off. If you like silly fun, dirty jokes, and boobies, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

44INAROW
01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
I rented Good Luck Chuck and laughed my butt off. If you like silly fun, dirty jokes, and boobies, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

I am hoping they have a copy when I go by after work. I looks funny.. We watched Mr Woodcock over the weekend - pretty predictable.. had it's moments but nothing great in my opinion

Originally posted by LHMom
My favorite recent rental is Shooter. Mark Wahlburg is an ex-sniper. Good good show.

Excellent show - -I agree 2 thumbs up :):clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

piratebg
01-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, I finally saw Wild Hogs and it was ok. I saw Balls of Fury and American Pie: Beta House last week and laughed my butt off all night long. :D

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 05:02 PM
3:10 to Yuma - Very good. I hate westerns but actually was able to sit through this one.

The Hoax - Got really good reviews, but just an average movie at best.

Ratatouille - Best animated movie since Monsters Inc

Buccaneer
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Have you seen The Heartbreak Kid?

piratebg
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Have you seen The Heartbreak Kid?

Nope. It really didn't look all that interesting to me when I saw the previews.

pirate4state
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
3:10 to Yuma - :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bourne Ultimatum - finally, lol - it was okay

Wild Hogs (on cable) - had some funny moments, but mainly "eh"

Reign Over Me - pretty good, not your typical Adam Sandler movie

Stardust - I liked it

Live Free or Die (tag line from the cover made me pick it up "from 2 of the writers of Seinfeld" :D ) - gonna watch it later tonight - i'll report back :nerd:

eagles_victory
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Nope. It really didn't look all that interesting to me when I saw the previews. To me it was pretty good I thought it was pretty funny

Buccaneer
01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
3:10 to Yuma - :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bourne Ultimatum - finally, lol - it was okay

Wild Hogs (on cable) - had some funny moments, but mainly "eh"

Reign Over Me - pretty good, not your typical Adam Sandler movie

Stardust - I liked it

Live Free or Die (tag line from the cover made me pick it up "from 2 of the writers of Seinfeld" :D ) - gonna watch it later tonight - i'll report back :nerd:

Stardust was a great movie comparable to The Princess Bride. I agree with most of your opinions. I thought 3:10 was a little unbelievable and Wild Hogs was dumb. I have seen Live Free or Die and look forward to your opinion.

LHMom
01-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Both of these have been out a while, but in the last week I have watched Mr. Brooks & Perfect Stranger. Really liked both of them.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Just bought some bootleg DVDs of I am Legend and The Great Debators and thought both were really good.

FutureAD
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
ya i thought I am legend was a pretty good movie...

pirate4state
01-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Buc - haven't watched Live Free or Die, but I will report back when I do. LOL

I also watched I am Legend. I thought Will Smith did a fantastic job, but I thought the set up was poor. I didn't like the 30 second "lead in" to 'hey, this is what has happened' and then BAM you are in the "story" :rolleyes:

DU_stud04
01-22-2008, 01:28 PM
letters from iwo jima
namesake

piratebg
01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I Am Legend was pretty good. It wasn't the ending I was hoping for but still a good flick.

Buccaneer
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
The Hunting Party was excellent!

Emerson1
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Toy Story - greatest animated movie ever

pirate4state
01-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I have seen Live Free or Die and look forward to your opinion. I tried to watch it last night and it could NOT hold my attention. I may give it another shot tonight.

piratebg
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
I saw Halloween last night and it was ok. The first half was well done and the last half just felt really rushed. I also rented Mr. Woodcock but I probably won't watch that until late tonight.

sweetwater07
01-25-2008, 05:06 PM

there are a few parts that might not need to be seen, (sexual scenes)...but tother than that and the fact that they prob will lose interest its ok for them to watch.....btw i love this movie, its in my top 3 favorites

sweetwater07
01-25-2008, 05:11 PM
3:10 to Yuma was great
Thank you for smoking- is amazing and makes you think
Fight Club is my favorite movie hands down
Blow - another great one by johnny depp
and the most recent movie i've really really liked was "The Shooter" w/ Mark Wahlburg....check it out

SintonFan
01-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
there are a few parts that might not need to be seen, (sexual scenes)...but tother than that and the fact that they prob will lose interest its ok for them to watch.....btw i love this movie, its in my top 3 favorites
lol
Kids are 10 and 13 now. I don't think I let them see it with some "sexual scenes"...
I plan on renting "3:10 to Yuma" sometime soon....
not a great Western fan but those "Blockbusters" do have good stories.
I don't have much time for movies nowadays...
Looking forward to the SuperBowl.:D

SintonFan
01-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Toy Story is pretty cool, K.
Rat Story is just as good...:p

Buccaneer
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Last night it was "Invasion" with Nicole Kidman a remake of The Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, "The King of California" starring Michael Douglas and "The Nines" with Ryan Reynolds. All 3 were entertaining but the "Nines" was strange.

Tonight it is "Lake Placid2", Bordertown(JLo), and "The Comebacks".

Bearkat
01-31-2008, 09:30 AM
The Heart Break Kid.

Romantic comedy that I thought I would hate. (My girlfriend rented it) This movie is funny from start to finish. It's an adult only movie though. There are a few scenes that are very sexual in nature. Some nudity. It kept my laughing!!!

TMer25
01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Watched The Asassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Absolutely loved it.

westtxfballfan
01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Recently watched "The Lookout," about a young guy who suffers a brain injury in a car wreck and is relegated to being the nighttime janitor at a rural bank. He gets convinced/pressured into helping some bad guys rob it. Very well done.

Released in 07, got very good reviews, but didn't score big at the box office.

If you need big names, big explosions or a loud, MTV soundtrack, you may not like this one.