PDA

View Full Version : Recent favorite movie rentals:

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Not a rental

saw paranormal activity 2...AWESOME..better than the 1st and it ties into the 1st one in ways you never would have thought

DDBooger
10-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not a rental

saw paranormal activity 2...AWESOME..better than the 1st and it ties into the 1st one in ways you never would have thought :devil: now I want to watch it!

SintonFan
10-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Not a rental

saw paranormal activity 2...AWESOME..better than the 1st and it ties into the 1st one in ways you never would have thought

I am VERY curious now.
I enjoyed the first movie.:nerd:

SintonFan
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Watched Gamer last night.
2.5 out of 4 stars.

I swear they borrowed something from the "Jim Carrie Joker" when he played that role on that Batman movie. I could be wrong... lol

pirate4state
10-31-2010, 10:44 PM
@ the movies...Red - great cast, lots of laughs and they blow up things & kill people :2thumbsup

SintonFan
11-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Last night on AMC:

The Walking Dead

Very good first episode. I'm excited about keeping up with this series. Looks very well done.
3 out of 4 as far as TV goes.:clap:

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Last night on AMC:

The Walking Dead

Very good first episode. I'm excited about keeping up with this series. Looks very well done.
3 out of 4 as far as TV goes.:clap:

loved it..GREAT start

have u seen Dead Set? BBC miniseries...Zombies attack during Big Brother eviction episode..showing on IFC

SintonFan
11-02-2010, 09:49 AM
loved it..GREAT start

have u seen Dead Set? BBC miniseries...Zombies attack during Big Brother eviction episode..showing on IFC

Have not. Is it on netflix yet?

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Have not. Is it on netflix yet?

not as of now

DDBooger
11-02-2010, 11:14 AM
loved it..GREAT start

have u seen Dead Set? BBC miniseries...Zombies attack during Big Brother eviction episode..showing on IFC damn, I missed it. Wanted to watch that.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
damn, I missed it. Wanted to watch that.

I think it is showing all thru November

SintonFan
11-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Saw the new "Alice and Wonderland" last night on Netflix...
2.5-3 out of 4 stars.
Good movie the whole family will enjoy.
Ok, I'll say this now. Johny Depp is really good, even though he might be a flake.:D

DDBooger
11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I think it is showing all thru November I DVR'd the encore of ep. 1 and watched episode 2. Really good so far.

piratebg
11-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Karate Kid - It was ok but really long and dragged at times.

Grown Ups - Worth a couple chuckles but really kind of boring considering the comedy power present.

DDBooger
11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Karate Kid - It was ok but really long and dragged at times.

Grown Ups - Worth a couple chuckles but really kind of boring considering the comedy power present. I agree, I disliked both. Karate Kid wasn't even about Karate, it was Kung **. lol

piratebg
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - I like the extra look into the back story about Freddy but that was about it. The rest of the movie was a total and complete waste.

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 02:59 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - I like the extra look into the back story about Freddy but that was about it. The rest of the movie was a total and complete waste. I agree, background was cool, but that's it.

The Lovely Bones was pretty good. Stanley Tucci was pretty creepy. 3 1/2 out of 5

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Scott Pilgrim Saves the World

3 out of 5. It was kind of funny and really appeals to the nerd pop.

BullsFan
11-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Saw Killers last night. I like Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher, so I was predisposed to like this movie. And I did--very nice for light comedy, semi-light action.

pirate4state
11-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Tried to watch Kick Ass yesterday and I probably would have liked it if it had held my attention or maybe I just wasn't in the sit still type of mood? haha

Has anyone seen The Fourth Kind? It was on yesterday when I was drifting in & out of sleep (pain meds :D ) and looked pretty interesting??

piratebg
11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Tried to watch Kick Ass yesterday and I probably would have liked it if it had held my attention or maybe I just wasn't in the sit still type of mood? haha

Has anyone seen The Fourth Kind? It was on yesterday when I was drifting in & out of sleep (pain meds :D ) and looked pretty interesting??

I like The Fourth Kind. It was a pretty cool abduction movie.

SintonFan
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
We watched the new Clash of The Titans last night.
I enjoyed it! Who cares if eye-candy is a good thing. I don't!
3 out of 4 Stars!:clap:

SintonFan
11-15-2010, 12:41 AM
We watched
How to Train a Dragon
Friday night.
Pretty decent.
3 out of 4!:thumbsup:

piratebg
11-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Saw the movie Centurion last night. Not a bad action movie at all. Lots of action and lots of blood. It wasn't Gladiator but it was still a fun movie.

DDBooger
11-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Sherlock Homes meh, didn't like it

Wolfman same

SintonFan
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Sherlock Homes meh, didn't like it

Wolfman same

I couldn't understand half of what RDjr was saying.:doh:

SintonFan
11-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Not movies... but
I love Pawn Stars on Netflix.
3 out of 4 stars.:cool:

piratebg
12-01-2010, 08:08 AM
The Expendables - No real story or plot but given the list of actors in the movie, no story is really required.

The Last Airbender - I'm still scratching my head. I keep asking myself, "What the hell did I just watch?"

RoyceTTU
12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
The Expendables - No real story or plot but given the list of actors in the movie, no story is really required.

I watched this over the weekend. The broad range of actors used was great. Seems like they had every bad a$$ in history.

Not sure how close you paid attention but there were tons of "inside" jokes that were made about the actors "real" lives.

Your right though, not really much story, just a lot of blow stuff up kinda movie.

piratebg
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I watched this over the weekend. The broad range of actors used was great. Seems like they had every bad a$$ in history.

Not sure how close you paid attention but there were tons of "inside" jokes that were made about the actors "real" lives.

Your right though, not really much story, just a lot of blow stuff up kinda movie.

Oh I got the inside jokes and thought they were hilarious. :D

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Watched a two this week:

State of Play - I don't know how well this was received when it came out, but I liked it a lot. Fun conspiracy movie, and the ending doesn't ruin it like most of the genre.

Sherlock Holmes - Fun movie. Nothing to remember years from now, but I'm looking forward to the sequel.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
i watched INCEPTION with dicaprio. All I can say is WOW. Crazy movie, I loved it.

carter08
12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Not a rental, but saw the new Narnia.

BORING.
and I love the books,
this just wasn't very good.

waterboy
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
i watched INCEPTION with dicaprio. All I can say is WOW. Crazy movie, I loved it.
Was thinking about watching that one. Is it worth the investment in a Blu-Ray? We don't have a place to rent movies anymore out here in the sticks....:D

piratebg
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Year One - Not that great a movie at all.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Year One - Not that great a movie at all.

agree..had a chance to be funny but seemed like everyone just mailed it in

RoyceTTU
12-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Was thinking about watching that one. Is it worth the investment in a Blu-Ray? We don't have a place to rent movies anymore out here in the sticks....:D

Probably so, It has a lot of special effects, so the sound and pic would be tremedous. It will probably take watching it 2 or 3 times to understand 100%

DU_stud04
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
the social network was okay.... just more interested in the story.
despicable me....awesome.

SintonFan
12-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Probably so, It has a lot of special effects, so the sound and pic would be tremedous. It will probably take watching it 2 or 3 times to understand 100%

I saw this in IMAX 3-D. Bigger than anything and fun to contemplate the end and many aspects of the movie.

Best movie I saw this year and worthy of buying it on Blu-Ray imho.:)

DDBooger
12-16-2010, 08:31 AM
RESTREPO (on instant netflix)

Watch it...unnerving documentary about the Korengal valley in Afghanistan. I have the book, but the video gives you a visceral glimpse of that place.

5 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjqR6OucBc

RoyceTTU
12-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
the social network was okay.... just more interested in the story.

I enjoyed the book much better. Accidental Billionairs. It portrays the characters a bit different especially Mark.

pirate4state
12-16-2010, 10:04 AM
i watched INCEPTION with dicaprio. All I can say is WOW. Crazy movie, I loved it. I'm so annoyed that I never saw this in the theatre! Can't wait to watch it on blu-ray.

waterboy
12-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Sounds good. As long as I can get the gist of the story in the first viewing it makes it worthwhile. Those kind of movies are the kind I like because you can watch it more than once, enjoy it each time, and see something different each time.

RoyceTTU
12-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Sounds good. As long as I can get the gist of the story in the first viewing it makes it worthwhile. Those kind of movies are the kind I like because you can watch it more than once, enjoy it each time, and see something different each time.

Best way to describe it, Matrix vs. Bourne Identity....Maybe :D

waterboy
12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Best way to describe it, Matrix vs. Bourne Identity....Maybe :D
Didn't like Matrix, but I have all three of the Bourne movies in my collection. If the plot is more like the Bourne Identity, and the special effects are like the Matrix, it'll be good...:clap:

RoyceTTU
12-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Didn't like Matrix, but I have all three of the Bourne movies in my collection. If the plot is more like the Bourne Identity, and the special effects are like the Matrix, it'll be good...:clap:

Exactly

DDBooger
12-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm going to watch Little Fockers today.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Watched the Town last night.

Ben Affleck's bahston accent was wicked ahhhsum. If the Pats go to da bowl I'm gonna havta fly up and crash Havahd pahty. Efffffin rage!

RoyceTTU
12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Downloaded Wall Street 2. We'll see how it goes. I was a big fan of the first one.

SintonFan
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I saw Skyline last night.
2.5 out of 4
Interesting ending.

piratebg
12-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Vampires Suck - yes they certainly do

Resident Evil: Afterlife - Cool visuals but too many damn pot holes

SintonFan
01-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Netflix is showing Season 6 of Lost.
Gonna be busy for awhile.

Why the heck does Netflix now recommend some crazy Korean Flicks?

Did you hack my Account, Boog?:D

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 06:17 AM

Which Korean Flicks?...it is because of the Korean couple on lost I bet

DDBooger
01-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Did you hack my Account, Boog?:D LOL there are some good Korean flicks. Old Boy

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
LOL there are some good Korean flicks. Old Boy

The whole Vengance Trilogy is awesome..and there are some top rate Korean Horror Movies...and The Host is a great dark comedy

Tejastrue
01-04-2011, 03:32 PM

If you can handle the subtitles there are a few good ones.
This is a good suspense thriller in Hitchcock style. The film is called "Mother".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1216496/

piratebg
01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Diary of a Wimpy Kid - A kids movie that made me laugh because I can see my oldest son doing the exact same stuff.

SintonFan
01-05-2011, 01:25 PM
LOL there are some good Korean flicks. Old Boy

Have you seen Ip Man?

One of the best martial arts movies I've seen.

I do have Old Boy saved on my list.

SintonFan
01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Which Korean Flicks?...it is because of the Korean couple on lost I bet

That sounds plausible.

SintonFan
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
If you can handle the subtitles there are a few good ones.
This is a good suspense thriller in Hitchcock style. The film is called "Mother".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1216496/

That was one of the suggestions. Thanks for the tip.

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Watched the Town last night.

Ben Affleck's bahston accent was wicked ahhhsum. If the Pats go to da bowl I'm gonna havta fly up and crash Havahd pahty. Efffffin rage!

I watched the Town over the holidays and really enjoyed it. Ben Affleck was :thumbsup:

I read the Sookie Stackhouse series and I am now watching Season 1 of TrueBlood on dvd since I don't have HBO. I am a bit shocked by what IS shown on HBO:eek:

pirate4state
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I watched the Town over the holidays and really enjoyed it. Ben Affleck was :thumbsup:

I read the Sookie Stackhouse series and I am now watching Season 1 of TrueBlood on dvd since I don't have HBO. I am a bit shocked by what IS shown on HBO:eek:

Do you still have the books? I've been wanting to read them. I love, love True Blood!!!! :devil:

DDBooger
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Case 39 kind of creepy, but I felt like it had been done before because it took several common elements from recent horror movies.

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Do you still have the books? I've been wanting to read them. I love, love True Blood!!!! :devil:

Yes, I am sure my friend will let me pass them to you if you want to read them. Really strange watching the show after reading the books....I never thought Tara was black?! She is hilarious in the show.

Have you watched the Town yet?

pirate4state
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yes, I am sure my friend will let me pass them to you if you want to read them. Really strange watching the show after reading the books....I never thought Tara was black?! She is hilarious in the show.

Have you watched the Town yet? Yes, I loved it!

SintonFan
01-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Equilibrium.

3 out of 4 stars.

Pretty neat cross-genre of 1984 and something else.

piratebg
01-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Angels&Demons - I never read any of these books, but I liked this one more than The Da Vinci Code.

Emerson1
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Jackass 3D due out on Blu Ray on March 9th. Blu ray pack includes

Blu-ray (all presented in HD)

* UNRATED Version of the Film
* Theatrical Version of the Film
* MTV Making Of Special
* 11 Deleted Scenes
* 29 Outtakes
* Trailer

DVD

* Digital Copy of the Original Theatrical Version
* Classic 3D Anaglyph of the Original Theatrical Version (with four pairs of glasses)

piratebg
01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Knowing - Not a bad movie until you get to the end. Regardless, I thought it was still ten times better than 2012, if that's saying anything.

waterboy
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Knowing - Not a bad movie until you get to the end. Regardless, I thought it was still ten times better than 2012, if that's saying anything.
I liked "Knowing", too. It was a little depressing, but it was still decent. Tom Hanks is a good actor.

I saw "Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Cat Galore" this weekend. I watched it with my daughters. It was pretty funny in parts. Cute move...

piratebg
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I liked "Knowing", too. It was a little depressing, but it was still decent. Tom Hanks is a good actor.

Knowing starred Nic Cage :D

Tom Hanks is a great actor though.

waterboy
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Knowing starred Nic Cage :D

Tom Hanks is a great actor though.
:doh: I must've just had him on my mind 'cause I watched "Private Ryan" again. Yes, it is Nicholas Cage!:doh: Both are good actors and have made numerous good movies.

piratebg
01-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Saw the movie Adventure land and the only good thing I can say about was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXs93KbBCgY

:D

SintonFan
01-16-2011, 03:24 PM
OK, lots of time spent indoors this weekend.

Old Boy- umm, not sure what to think. Don't think I have seen a movie quite like this one. Interesting revenge and foolishness(mixed into one) plot is pretty original. Lots of violence. Keeps you guessing throughout.
3 out of 4

Black Water- if you love killer crocodile movies, this one is for you. Based on a true story
2.5 out of 4

Halo:Legends
Several short animes based on the game.
2.5 out of 4

Origin: Spirits of the past
Cataclysmic future Earth anime. Greenies will love it.
2 out of 4

Angels and Demons
Loved it! This guy can tell a story. Fast paced and never boring.
3.5 out of 4

SintonFan
01-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Saw the movie Adventure land and the only good thing I can say about was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXs93KbBCgY

:D

lol

"Hot potatoes, hot potatoes... hot potatoes hot potatoes, hot potatoes, hot potatoes hot potatoes oh oh hot potatoes!":D

TheDOCTORdre
01-16-2011, 08:49 PM
I saw Despicable Me, The Town and Easy A this weekend and was pleased with all three

DDBooger
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
The Exam
Really good, check it out on InstantNetflix

Trick or Treat
Had not seen it. Had the Creepshow and Cats Eye feel to it with the intertwining stories. Not bad. I expected it to be trash.

pirate4state
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
The Kids are Alright - excellent, but don't watch it with kids lol

Charlie St. Cloud - boo hoo fest

Nanny McPhee Returns - surprising all star cast, but it was a terrible movie :(

Clash of the Titans (on cable) - really enjoyed it

eagles_victory
01-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Inception:- 3.7 out of 5 good movie not exactly my type and a little long but a real good movie.

Charlie St. Cloud- 3 out of 5 decent movie didn't love it but it wasn't bad

Up next The Town

eagles_victory
01-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Inception:- 3.7 out of 5 good movie not exactly my type and a little long but a real good movie.

Charlie St. Cloud- 3 out of 5 decent movie didn't love it but it wasn't bad

Up next The Town

piratebg
01-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore - My kids liked it. Thats about all I can say.

Gonna watch The Sorcerers Apprentice tonight.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
watched shutter island..easy to predict but still a really good movie

waterboy
01-18-2011, 08:21 AM
My family and I watched "Flipped" last night. It was sort of a tear-jerker, but it was an excellent family movie.......if you like that sort of movie. 2.8 out of 4 stars

pirate4state
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Inception - really, really good. awesome visuals. wished I had seen it on the big screen.

Despicable Me - it was okay

DDBooger
01-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Despicable Me - it was okay Minions were the only redeeming part of the movie.

eagles_victory
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Death at a Funeral was decent 3 stars out of 5. Looking at Zoe Saldana for an hour and a half is never bad.

SintonFan
01-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Just saw Inception this weekend at the IMAX.
Run, don't walk to go see it. Amazing film that might be Leonardo's best work yet. Great cast and people will be talking about this movie. One of the few times I actually think I got my money's worth at the theater.
3.5 out of 4
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Inception - really, really good. awesome visuals. wished I had seen it on the big screen.

Despicable Me - it was okay

I saw Inception at the Imax 3D last summer. It was very, very good in that format. Let me know if you are in SA some weekend soon. I can put it on the big screen for you. We can BBQ and have drinks.:cool:

SintonFan
01-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Watched The Fountain-
Three stories told at once in this sci-fi love epic.
Intriguing... 3 out of 4

Watched Carriers-
Chris Pine(from Star Trek) in an end of the world virus movie.
3 out of 4

waterboy
01-19-2011, 08:34 AM
I saw "Salt" last night. Pretty good movie, not great. It had some surprising good twists that kept me guessing, which I like. I'd give it a 2.8 out 4 stars.

pirate4state
01-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I saw Inception at the Imax 3D last summer. It was very, very good in that format. Let me know if you are in SA some weekend soon. I can put it on the big screen for you. We can BBQ and have drinks.:cool: Thanks! :)

Saw The Social Network last night. I had to see what all the hype was about. For me, it lived up to the hype. The lead actor did a fine job and even Justin Timberlake did well with his part. It made me feel sorry for a billionaire. LOL

eagles_victory
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks! :)

Saw The Social Network last night. I had to see what all the hype was about. For me, it lived up to the hype. The lead actor did a fine job and even Justin Timberlake did well with his part. It made me feel sorry for a billionaire. LOL JT always kills it... But yea Social Network was like a 3.6 out of 5.

SintonFan
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Sunshine-
pretty cool sci-fi
3 out of 4

DDBooger
01-28-2011, 08:29 PM
The Rite sucked...but I don't believe in all the BS anyways (I was forced to go:rolleyes: ). By Exorcist standards it's weak.

Blastoderm55
01-28-2011, 08:56 PM
The Rite sucked...but I don't believe in all the BS anyways (I was forced to go:rolleyes: ). By Exorcist standards it's weak.

The wife wanted to watch it, but she scares too easily. She still has nightmares of Heath Ledger as The Joker. :p

DDBooger
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
The wife wanted to watch it, but she scares too easily. She still has nightmares of Heath Ledger as The Joker. :p you know, there is the standard blood vessels popping, eyes rolling and all that stuff. It just seemed like a lot of B actors and THE MAN himself, Anthony Hopkins. Even then, Hannibal Lector was scarier.

piratebg
02-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Red - One of the best action/comedies that I've seen in a long time. Great Cast, good story, and tons of fun.

Tonight its Machete.

pirate4state
02-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Red - One of the best action/comedies that I've seen in a long time. Great Cast, good story, and tons of fun.

Tonight its Machete.

Agreed.

I loved Machete. :D

The Fighter was pretty good. Luckily for Mark Walburg he keeps surrounding himself with REAL actors so most people don't realize what a terrible actor HE is. ;)

DDBooger
02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Agreed.

The Fighter was pretty good. Luckily for Mark Walburg he keeps surrounding himself with REAL actors so most people don't realize what a terrible actor HE is. ;) Malkovich is great.

Christian Bale and Amy Adams carried the movie (The Fighter)

Maroon87
02-01-2011, 11:14 AM

"Machete don't text."

Maroon87
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
I saw "W" on Starz the other night. I was expecting an Oliver Stone hatchet job on GWB but I thought he painted a symapthetic pic of him.

Of course, he made Condoleeza Rice look like a total nitwit.:doh:

piratebg
02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
OMG Machete was so flippin awesome. I loved it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2011, 06:53 PM
OMG Machete was so flippin awesome. I loved it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Same here. I watched it at the theater and then rented it from Video on Demand (suddenlink).
I want to get it on DVD. It's a movie I could watch over and over. Most Robert Rodiguez are for
that matter.

garciap77
02-03-2011, 08:19 PM

It was at the movies so, it must be true!:D

;)

DDBooger
02-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
It was at the movies so, it must be true!:D

;) lol

Watched the Pat Tillman Story...GREAT Doc

RoyceTTU
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
lol

Watched the Pat Tillman Story...GREAT Doc

+1 I knew the story from the 30,000 ft view, but the details were intersting. It's worth the watch.

Conviction - I liked it quite a bit, wife didn't really

Chain Letter - I started it, turned it off about 30 min in, was horrible.

BaseballUmp
02-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Toy Story 3- Pretty good 3.5-5
Saw- Not really that good 2-5
Dinner for Schmucks- 2-5
Get Him to the Greek- Liked it alot 4-5

DDBooger
02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
The Pat Tillman Story - Excellent

waterboy
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
"The American" (1.9 out of 4 stars).......Slow, and very little action, no real in-depth characters / storyline.....not a very good movie at all, in my opinion.

SintonFan
02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Chronos-
interesting Mexican take on vampire movies.
2.5 out of 4.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Chronos-
interesting Mexican take on vampire movies.
2.5 out of 4.

Love that movie it was Guillermo del Toro's first feature that he wrote and directed...just watched it again over the snow days last week

SintonFan
02-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Love that movie it was Guillermo del Toro's first feature that he wrote and directed...just watched it again over the snow days last week

Pretty good for very very low budget.:nerd:

Ron Perlman must have cost twenty bucks back then.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Pretty good for very very low budget.:nerd:

Ron Perlman must have cost twenty bucks back then.

Perlman and Toro have been friends a long time..plus at that time Perlman had only done 4 movies and some TV

SintonFan
02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
That's cool. Had no clue.:cool:

DDBooger
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I Spit On Your Grave - 3 of 4
Due Date 2.5 out of 4

SintonFan
02-13-2011, 01:16 PM
The Last Airbender-
pretty straight up fantasy, not very deep, lots of special effects.
2.5 out of 4

Didn't watch the series, so was pleasantly with the movie. Wanna see the next one.

piratebg
02-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Paranormal Activity 2 - Not a bad sequel and ties into the first one well. 3 out of 4

Case 39 - Kreepy kid movie that wasn't what I expected. Not to say that it wasn't watchable. 2.5 out of 4

coach
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Kick Ass- the only 10 year old girl im scared of

SintonFan
02-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Paranormal Activity 2 - Not a bad sequel and ties into the first one well. 3 out of 4

Case 39 - Kreepy kid movie that wasn't what I expected. Not to say that it wasn't watchable. 2.5 out of 4

We're gonna check out PA2 tonight.:cool:

DDBooger
02-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is a great show on Instant Netflix Starz...new episode every Saturday after it premiers Friday on cable.

runtowin
02-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Clash of the Titans- Original was better
The Social Network- Quick witted intelligent humor very enjoyable but you must pay attention it goes fast

SintonFan
02-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Paranormal Activity 2-
The first movie was a tad better.
Chihuahuas would rock in this movie. If only to see the pool machine eating them. :D
2.5 out of 4.

Antec
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
We haven't rented a movie in over 5 years

All the movie rental places in Wharton have closed down

There may be one of those rental machines outside of McDonals.

Everybody I guess uses Netflix now.

We don't even do any pay per view on DriecTV anymore-Wife just watches them on regular channels like Lifetime-etc

SintonFan
02-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Antec
We haven't rented a movie in over 5 years

All the movie rental places in Wharton have closed down

There may be one of those rental machines outside of McDonals.

Everybody I guess uses Netflix now.

We don't even do any pay per view on DriecTV anymore-Wife just watches them on regular channels like Lifetime-etc

Antec, Redbox is a good way to rent movies super cheap. It cost 1 buck a night for new movies, but it does take a credit card.

I just saw that I have "Soylent Green" on my Netflix Queue. Should I rent it for the kids?:(

DDBooger
02-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Antec, Redbox is a good way to rent movies super cheap. It cost 1 buck a night for new movies, but it does take a credit card.

I just saw that I have "Soylent Green" on my Netflix Queue. Should I rent it for the kids?:( I loved Soylent Green (the movie, note the substance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 12:49 AM
I loved Soylent Green (the movie, note the substance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

You didn't answer the question. Clarification: Good for 13 to 16 year olds?

DDBooger
02-23-2011, 01:16 AM
You didn't answer the question. Clarification: Good for 13 to 16 year olds? I have no basis for that judgment as I don't have 13-16 y/os...clarification.

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
I have no basis for that judgment as I don't have 13-16 y/os...clarification.

Don't you teach them? just saying...

DDBooger
02-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Don't you teach them? just saying... `18-21, but it may be too old for your kids. Obviously lacks CGI and other wonders of modernity. lol I liked it and still do.

pirate4state
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Flipped - if you want to relive your teenage love angst then rent this movie. If you are Rob Reiner fan, rent this movie. The cast was great and it was pretty good.

SintonFan it is age appropriate for your kids, but because of the angst they may want to watch it with you or at all :D

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 08:27 PM
`18-21, but it may be too old for your kids. Obviously lacks CGI and other wonders of modernity. lol I liked it and still do.

So 13-16 is just fine then.:D

I'll check out Flipped, Rita.:nerd:
Who didn't have teenage love angst?:o

SintonFan
02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
The Importance of Being Earnest-

Oscar Wilde is ummmm dry.
I had cotton mouth from watching it. Not bad and all dialogue(I know it was a play).
2.5 out of 4.

We watched this Valentines night. Had some laughs.

DDBooger
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
127 hours...really good movie 3 of 4

coach
02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I spit on your grave

SintonFan
02-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows

3 out of 4.

One of my favorite HP movies so far.
This series has literally "grown up."
Even more so than the last movie. You can feel death stalking the good characters... not good, but it seems necessary after all the twists and turns in this series.
BTW, I HAVE not read the last book. Enjoying it nonetheless.

pirate4state
02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows

3 out of 4.

One of my favorite HP movies so far.
This series has literally "grown up."
Even more so than the last movie. You can feel death stalking the good characters... not good, but it seems necessary after all the twists and turns in this series.
BTW, I HAVE not read the last book. Enjoying it nonetheless.

I agree and I can not WAIT for the finale. It will be bitter sweet, but it looks amazing!!!

SintonFan
03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
I agree and I can not WAIT for the finale. It will be bitter sweet, but it looks amazing!!!

The movie was awesome. We didn't want to wait and see it at home.
We should have.
I gotta better movie screen and sound system than the dollar movies did.:D

crzyjournalist03
03-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Despicable Me:

My 2-1/2 year old and I both were laughing throughout...great family movie!

DDBooger
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
127 Hours 3 of 4 not much action, but brutal depiction of the will to live.

Inside Job - 4 of 4 unflinching, eye opening unpartisan look at ALL to blame

Love and Other Drugs 2.5 of 4 lots of naked lady parts and funny/uncomfortable topics.

piratebg
03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Megamind- Very funny and worth the watch.

SintonFan
03-07-2011, 01:23 AM

Dude we're gonna watch it Monday night!:cool:

RoyceTTU
03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
127 Hours 3 of 4 not much action, but brutal depiction of the will to live.

Inside Job - 4 of 4 unflinching, eye opening unpartisan look at ALL to blame

Love and Other Drugs 2.5 of 4 lots of naked lady parts and funny/uncomfortable topics.

I watched all 3 of these yesterday. You are on the money on all :D

I watched "The Next 3 Days", it starts very slow and I fell asleep, I woke and rewound it and finished it. The last 45 minutes is intense. Great movie :clap:

waterboy
03-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I watched "Beverly Hills Chihauhau 2" with my family the other night. My kids loved it so I'd have to give it a 3 out of 4 stars.

"Megamind" is up next.....

SintonFan
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM

I agree!
Three out of four stars for Megamind.:cool:

SintonFan
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Monsters-
2.5 out of 4.

Interesting low budget movie on extra-terrestrial aliens in and around Norte Mexico. ala Cloverfield somewhat.
Was this about illegal-aliens or ones from outer-space? Some interesting analogies, for sure. The great wall of America was there. lol
The ending could have been better imho.

RoyceTTU
03-09-2011, 08:10 AM
I am number 4

Took my daughter last night. We both really liked it. We really like Michael Bay movies.

DDBooger
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Watched Battle:Los Angeles last night. It was chock full of action. Not much for storyline. Think Independence Day and District 9 thrown together. Pretty good combat scenes in a scenario where Aliens are not that much more advanced than us.
3 of 4

SintonFan
03-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Watched Battle:Los Angeles last night. It was chock full of action. Not much for storyline. Think Independence Day and District 9 thrown together. Pretty good combat scenes in a scenario where Aliens are not that much more advanced than us.
3 of 4

I want to see that movie. Looks interesting.

SintonFan
03-17-2011, 10:05 PM
The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
2.2 out of 4.
Kinda cool but the lead character(apprentice) was a whiner. Not cool there.

pirate4state
03-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Life as we know it - typical chick flick

Morning Glory - not bad. Diane Keaton & Harrison Ford are funny :D and Rachel McAdams is Rachel McAdams

BaseballUmp
03-19-2011, 04:43 PM
and Rachel McAdams is Rachel McAdams

*Fine

SintonFan
03-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Predators
2.6 out of 4
Liked it.

Rashomon
2.9 out of 4
Better with less crazy laughing.

What the Bleep do we know.
0-4 out of 4.
lol :D

Blastoderm55
03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Paul was a great flick.

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Paul was a great flick.

yes it was..great casting and a nice little twist at the end

coach
03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Fighter was awesome...it kicked rocky's ass...great boxing movie

Blastoderm55
03-22-2011, 08:41 AM
The Fighter was good although my wife and I pulled up Youtube and blasted Good Vibration by Marky Mark everytime there was a fight scene. :D

DDBooger
03-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Hall Pass was HILARIOUS
3 1/2 of 4 typical Farrely brothers

coach
03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
The fighter was amazing. Marky Mark was great and Christian Bale was brilliant.

piratebg
04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Jackass 3 - Very funny

Unstoppable - Great movie but was kind of short I thought.

SintonFan
04-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok, We're gonna have to check out The fighter. Sounds good!

Stardust...
saw it again(I think).
2.5 out of 4.
Dude. DeNiro is gay... very gaaay in this movie. Pretty funny actually.:D

piratebg
04-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 - Not bad but not great. I know it's only half the story but this Potter film dragged a little too much for my liking. I am looking forward to the other half though.

RoyceTTU
04-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Watched "Country Strong" - Not bad. I was expecting worse but wife wanted to watch.

Blood Out - pretty much stinks

Blastoderm55
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Its Kind of a Funny Story - Meh, not much of a funny movie.
Get Him to the Greek - Meh. Russell Brand is better in small doses.

piratebg
04-19-2011, 07:15 AM
Tooth Fairy - The Game Plan was better but that is not saying much. Billy Crystal was the only reason to watch about 5 minutes of this movie.

SintonFan
04-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Tron: Legacy-
I liked it but the Zeus guy kinda stole the show.
2.5 out of 4

Best thing about this movie was testing my home theater lighting system with customizable RBG LEDs. We found the perfect light blue to watch the movie with. Makes the whole movie experience at the house a little better. :)

pirate4state
04-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Due Date - I laughed really loud, a lot so :2thumbsup

The Tourist - meh...wait for cable

RoyceTTU
04-26-2011, 06:49 AM
I watched Arther last night. Has its funny moments but really is disappointing as a whole.

SintonFan
04-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh man!
We watched Machete last night.
Guilty pleasure no doubt.
2.75 out of 4.
If only to see a drug-addled Lindsey Lohan body double nude and in a three way. Lots of funny parts.:D

Blastoderm55
04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
I watched Arther last night. Has its funny moments but really is disappointing as a whole.

Agreed.

DDBooger
04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Limitless...I liked it 3 out 4

SintonFan
04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh man!
We watched Machete last night.
Guilty pleasure no doubt.
2.75 out of 4.
If only to see a drug-addled Lindsey Lohan body double nude and in a three way. Lots of funny parts.:D

no pun intended after re-reading this:doh:

Yalls review was pretty spot on.

piratebg
04-27-2011, 07:48 AM
The Chronicles of Narnia : Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Great family film. The story is a little weaker than the previous entries and the effects are not as good, but it was still a great fantasy/adventure.

piratebg
04-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Skyline - Waste of time and $1

piratebg
04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Let Me In - Great vampire movie. Easily one of the better horror movies I've seen in a while.

DDBooger
04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Let Me In - Great vampire movie. Easily one of the better horror movies I've seen in a while. Original or American?

Farmersfan
04-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Let Me In - Great vampire movie. Easily one of the better horror movies I've seen in a while.

The young female star of Let Me In was also the young Hit Girl in the movie kick Ass. Now that was a good movie. Let Me In was ok.

piratebg
05-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Original or American?

American, though I am told the original was quite good too.

Txbroadcaster
05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
American, though I am told the original was quite good too.

I was actually not impressed with original..did not hate, but had such high expectations for it that it just was not that good IMO

BaseballUmp
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Due Date- Had a lot of good parts but did expect a little more. 3.5-5

Megamind- Decent. 3-5

127 Hours- Couldn't get into it 2.5-5

SintonFan
05-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

127 Hours- Couldn't get into it 2.5-5

Same here.

Yoe_09
05-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Step Brothers: 4.5
"It's the blanking catalina wine mixer"

Blind Side: 4.6

eagles_victory
05-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Fast Five was great if you liked the original 2 you will love this one.

piratebg
05-06-2011, 12:24 PM
A Perfect Getaway - Somewhat suspenseful with neat little twist. 2.5/4

piratebg
05-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Green Hornet - I like it. Lots of action and Seth Rogen just cracks me up. 3/4

DDBooger
05-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Thor...meh. Was alright. Looking fwd to Captain America.

Blastoderm55
05-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Thor was awesome. Both it and Green Lantern will lean more to the sci-fi side of things as far as superhero movies go, and I'm loving it.

Something Borrowed was cute. Go if your woman makes you.

Rented Green Hornet and will watch it before Sister Wives.

DDBooger
05-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Thor was awesome. Both it and Green Lantern will lean more to the sci-fi side of things as far as superhero movies go, and I'm loving it.
Rented Green Hornet and will watch it before Sister Wives. I thought it was more fantasy than Scifi. Very cheesy. It was like watching a more expensive Masters of the Universe with Dolphin Lundgren.

Blastoderm55
05-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought it was more fantasy than Scifi. Very cheesy. It was like watching a more expensive Masters of the Universe with Dolphin Lundgren.

Good journey. :mad:

I loved the exploration of parallel universes and their connection through wormholes. Can't wait for the Avengers next May.

SintonFan
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
500 Days of Summer
Funny...
laughed throughout the movie. Interesting take on the genre.
3 out of 4. No kidding.

Blastoderm55
05-10-2011, 01:36 PM
500 Days of Summer
Funny...
laughed throughout the movie. Interesting take on the genre.
3 out of 4. No kidding.

I hated the movie. What a rotten woman. :mad:

SintonFan
05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I hated the movie. What a rotten woman. :mad:

lol
Without a doubt not one many guys will find appealing with her attitude. He knew her nature though before he became involved. I gave it 3 out of 4 because it was well written, funny and imho mimics modern life.

Blastoderm55
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Saw Country Strong tonight. Bad music, predictable story. Waste of two hours.

SintonFan
05-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Date Night-
2.5 out of 4
Didn't seem like there was alot of chemistry between Carrel and Fey. Had some funny parts but pretty average.

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Date Night-
2.5 out of 4
Didn't seem like there was alot of chemistry between Carrel and Fey. Had some funny parts but pretty average.

I actually felt the opposite..thought they carried a average script with a great give and take between them and loved the cameos from Wahlberg, Kunis and Franco

pirate4state
05-16-2011, 09:43 AM
RENTALS:

The Switch was AWFUL!!!

Black Swan was weird, but in a good way.

Secretariat was AWESOME!!!

@ THE MOVIES:

Fast Five was a lot of fun! :2thumbsup

Something Borrowed was pretty good for what it was. Ginnifer Goodwin is awesome.

Bridesmaids was great. I'll have to watch again because there were some parts I missed from laughing so hard. It does get mushy towards the end, but then it comes back with more laughs.

SintonFan
05-17-2011, 08:03 AM
I actually felt the opposite..thought they carried a average script with a great give and take between them and loved the cameos from Wahlberg, Kunis and Franco

I liked the cameos, for sure. :thumbsup:

SintonFan
05-17-2011, 08:05 AM
The Chronicles of Narnia : Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Great family film. The story is a little weaker than the previous entries and the effects are not as good, but it was still a great fantasy/adventure.

I gave it 3 out of 4.
I did think the special effects were on par, though.

SintonFan
05-21-2011, 12:00 AM
The Last Exorcist-

2 out of 4.
Not sure about this movie. Left me wondering if I was watching Paranormal Activity 1.1.1 or The Devil's Club(like one of those crappy movies from the 70's). I guess some kind of melding happened with a couple of ideas. The movie didn't really feel or look original.

Txbroadcaster
05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
The Last Exorcist-

2 out of 4.
Not sure about this movie. Left me wondering if I was watching Paranormal Activity 1.1.1 or The Devil's Club(like one of those crappy movies from the 70's). I guess some kind of melding happened with a couple of ideas. The movie didn't really feel or look original.

IMO the lead actor made that movie better than it would have been. He played the last guy on Veronica Mars and I just like his acting style.

Thought the movie was really good and creepy at points, nice twist at the end...thought it got a little muddled in the plot and I would like to have seen more supernatural moments

it was def in the Blair Witch/Paranormal genre and I dont have a problem with that...that style is now here and a genre within itself..just like Slasher or Zombie genre

speaking of that..have u seen trailer for Grave Encounters? another in the pov ghost genre

SintonFan
05-22-2011, 11:29 PM
IMO the lead actor made that movie better than it would have been. He played the last guy on Veronica Mars and I just like his acting style.

Thought the movie was really good and creepy at points, nice twist at the end...thought it got a little muddled in the plot and I would like to have seen more supernatural moments

it was def in the Blair Witch/Paranormal genre and I dont have a problem with that...that style is now here and a genre within itself..just like Slasher or Zombie genre

speaking of that..have u seen trailer for Grave Encounters? another in the pov ghost genre

I did give the movie 2 out of 4 because I did say it didn't seem original to me(including the ending which reminded me of a cheesy 70's "devil's" movie).

But, I wavered between 2.5 and 2.0 out of 4 for my initial review. 2.5 is average in my opinion. The movie was close to it.

That is the beauty of this thread. We get to compare notes and post our own opinions while we see others'.

I haven't even heard of
Grave Encounters. Does it look good?
We might check out Insidious soon.:cool:

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2011, 06:35 AM
I did give the movie 2 out of 4 because I did say it didn't seem original to me(including the ending which reminded me of a cheesy 70's "devil's" movie).

But, I wavered between 2.5 and 2.0 out of 4 for my initial review. 2.5 is average in my opinion. The movie was close to it.

That is the beauty of this thread. We get to compare notes and post our own opinions while we see others'.

I haven't even heard of
Grave Encounters. Does it look good?
We might check out Insidious soon.:cool:

yea I think 2.0-2.5 is perfect rating

I agree, I love talking movies, especially horror movies

DDBooger
05-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Game of Thrones on HBO is excellent!!! 3.5 out of 4

RoyceTTU
05-23-2011, 10:00 AM

I agree. It's getting very good.

Sweetwater Red
05-23-2011, 10:08 AM

I haven't missed an episode. The way last night's show ended was nuts.

pirate4state
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
"I want to see the little man FLY!" haha

Game of Thrones has NOT disappointed. I love HBO!!!

DDBooger
05-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I watched next weeks ep 7 on HBOGO, it's getting REALLY good!

pirate4state
05-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I watched next weeks ep 7 on HBOGO, it's getting REALLY good! I was tempted, but am going to wait.

DDBooger
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
I was tempted, but am going to wait. Tell me that Dwarf isn't earning a shot at an emmy. His acting is great.

AP Panther Fan
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I watched Black Swan this weekend....horrible. I'm not sure how it won so many awards. It was confusing and weird.

pirate4state
05-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Tell me that Dwarf isn't earning a shot at an emmy. His acting is great. Agreed. I am even impressed with the youngest daughter of the King's hand. They have weird names so they don't really stay with me. LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Game of Thrones on HBO is excellent!!! 3.5 out of 4 4 out of 4 maybe. I normally dont watch any of the series on HBO but this one got me hooked from the first one. Was going to see week 7 episode on the website they posted but i'll wait so dont give it away :mad:

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
4 out of 4 maybe. I normally dont watch any of the series on HBO but this one got me hooked from the first one. Was going to see week 7 episode on the website they posted but i'll wait so dont give it away :mad: Your missing out HBO has the best shows on TV.

Txbroadcaster
05-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Your missing out HBO has the best shows on TV.

I think Showtime and AMC does now, but HBO is still one of the best networks as well

eagles_victory
05-28-2011, 02:32 AM
I think Showtime and AMC does now, but HBO is still one of the best networks as well Maybe now but it is hard to argue against The Wire, Sopranos, and Entourage even though 2 are done and 1 almost is. I havent watched any AMC shows yet.

piratebg
05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Monsters - Very misleading and a let down if you are expecting a real monster movie. However, the movie was well acted and the story, a love story it turns out, wasn't bad at all, but I do feel cheated out of a good monster flick. 2/4

RoyceTTU
05-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Watched Lincoln Lawyer last night. Wow, it's a great movie. :thumbsup:

SintonFan
05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Monsters - Very misleading and a let down if you are expecting a real monster movie. However, the movie was well acted and the story, a love story it turns out, wasn't bad at all, but I do feel cheated out of a good monster flick. 2/4

Lack of sex get to you?
j/k pbg:D

Btw, if you paused it just before the end you got to see the alien "money shot". I am not sure if she was pleased or not.:eek:

SintonFan
06-01-2011, 12:20 AM
3 of 4

Non stop action! Worth the dollar I spent tonight.
The movie played like a pretty cool video game. The story was not this movies strength, but I'm sure most in the military would appreciate the message. I did. Did you see the sign that had, "Support our Troops!" on it? Great turnaround irony.

It definitely borrowed from Independence Day and maybe a tad bit of Saving Private Citizen. Didn't see much from District 9.

Boog, I did take that these specific troops learned to deal with the alien's weakness and then became much more effective as a fighting force.
Overall the movie was pretty intense because it centered on a very small part of the battle. I, and darn near everyone in the theater jumped on that one part toward the end. ;)

Yeah, 3 out of 4 sounds about right.
None in our family were disappointed. Thank goodness we saw the digital edition.
:cool:
Much better than the standard dollar movie fare.

Blastoderm55
06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
X-Men: First Class was awesome. I'd rank it well above the other three. Great cast too.

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Justin Beiber Never Say Never 4 out of 5 Im not even a huge fan but it is pretty cool to just see everything about the back story and the concerts.

ccmom
06-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Justin Beiber Never Say Never 4 out of 5 Im not even a huge fan but it is pretty cool to just see everything about the back story and the concerts. That explains a lot...:thinking:

DDBooger
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Justin Beiber Never Say Never 4 out of 5 Im not even a huge fan but it is pretty cool to just see everything about the back story and the concerts. I admire your honestly! :cool:

DDBooger
06-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Started watching Jericho on Instant Netflix. Pretty damn good. I'm enjoying it.

Red Riding Hood, meh, 2 out of 4.

New X-men was pretty good, 3 out of 4.

Txbroadcaster
06-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Started watching Jericho on Instant Netflix. Pretty damn good. I'm enjoying it.

I have tried more than once to get into the series and I just cant...I REALLY want to, love that theme, but something just does not grab me

eagles_victory
06-05-2011, 06:39 PM
I admire your honestly! :cool: I gave my man card up a long time ago when it comes to music movies and tv shows I like lol

piratebg
06-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Due Date - Funny but not laugh out loud funny.

DDBooger
06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Super 3 out of 4 pretty funny "shut up crime"

Source Code 3.5 out of 4, great scifi flick.

Blastoderm55
06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm really looking forward to Super 8 tomorrow. And then Green Lantern the following week. Its going to be a good summer movie season.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm really looking forward to Super 8 tomorrow. And then Green Lantern the following week. Its going to be a good summer movie season. Do they have that movie on $14 seats? Think they're called Dbox seats?

Blastoderm55
06-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Do they have that movie on $14 seats? Think they're called Dbox seats?

Not sure what those are. I wanted to see it at the IMAX, but its not in 3-D so I'll just watch it at the Rio 6 in Beeville for the $3 matinee.

SintonFan
06-09-2011, 06:33 PM

I heard those seats are awesome. Pretty cool I'm moving back now that Corpus has upgraded their movie facilities.:clap:

SintonFan
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM

Link to Starplex (http://starplexcinemas.com/locations.php?theaterid=1018)

They do show that Super 8 will be available for D-Box.

Says you can buy the tickets online for 12.50.

Blastoderm55
06-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the link. The wife and I ended up at watching the noon showing of Super 8 and splurged on the D-Box seats. Its was cool! :D Great movie too.

SintonFan
06-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the link. The wife and I ended up at watching the noon showing of Super 8 and splurged on the D-Box seats. Its was cool! :D Great movie too.

Is it true you get to "dial in" how intense you want the seat to be?:cool:

Blastoderm55
06-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Is it true you get to "dial in" how intense you want the seat to be?:cool:

Yeah, there are four levels of intensity. I really enjoyed it.

Sweetwater Red
06-11-2011, 02:46 PM

I tried them out in the lobby while watching the Pirates of the Carribean trailer and found
them annoying. Of course you couldn't adjust the intensity level of them either.

SintonFan
06-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Sweet!
We're gonna have to check it out.:clap:

SintonFan
06-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Just saw "Altered" on Netflix yesterday.
Low budget Sci-Fi about five 30 something year olds that, for some unknown reason, want to connect(revenge) with a horrific alien-abduction past, when they were teenagers.
Gonna give it 2.5 because the special effects were pretty decent and while the plot was confused, it did keep you entertained somewhat.
Not sure how original this movie was...
still:
2.5 out of 4.

DDBooger
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Lincoln Lawyer 3 of 4

Unknown 3 of 4

Both were good

pirate4state
06-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Bridesmaids was hilarious (can't remember if we already discussed this)

Hangover II was what I expected.

Pirates of the Caribbean {insert rest of the title} Johnny Depp was good, as usual...everything else is a blur :sleeping:

Super 8 was so much fun!!! I loved everything about it.

X-Men: First Class was pretty dang good. :2thumbsup

This summer is gonna cost me (or someone :D) a pretty penny!! There are SO many movies coming out that I want to see. :cheerl:

Blastoderm55
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Bridesmaids was hilarious (can't remember if we already discussed this)

Hangover II was what I expected.

Pirates of the Caribbean {insert rest of the title} Johnny Depp was good, as usual...everything else is a blur :sleeping:

Super 8 was so much fun!!! I loved everything about it.

X-Men: First Class was pretty dang good. :2thumbsup

This summer is gonna cost me (or someone :D) a pretty penny!! There are SO many movies coming out that I want to see. :cheerl:

Seen all of those except Pirates. I agree, its shaping up to be an exciting movie season! Green Lantern tomorrow!

eagles_victory
06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Green Lantern was ok nothing special.

Blastoderm55
06-17-2011, 11:17 PM

I loved it, but I was a huge GL fan growing up so I was really looking forward to this movie.

eagles_victory
06-18-2011, 02:45 AM
I loved it, but I was a huge GL fan growing up so I was really looking forward to this movie. Oh I knew nothing about it going in

Saggy Aggie
06-19-2011, 11:32 AM
I've seen a couple movies lately.

Limitless: Great movie. Cool plot. I enjoyed it a lot.

Thor: Great movie. I loved everything about it.

Pirates and the whatever: Ehhh, never was a huge fan of the movies, but my gf loves them so I went. It was about what i expected, and It was OK at best to me. Even she wasn't really that into it.

Hangover 2: Exactly what I expected. Lacking originality, but still very funny.

SintonFan
06-19-2011, 11:34 AM

I can't help but call this movie Green Wilder...:(

Blastoderm55
06-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I can't help but call this movie Green Wilder...:(

Ryan Reynolds would be better off as The Flash, but he was a decent GL.

SintonFan
06-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Ryan Reynolds would be better off as The Flash, but he was a decent GL.

Excellent idea!!!:cool:

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Bad Teacher 1 of 4. Honestly seemed like they hired Cameron Diaz and went out and plucked about 5 random people off the streets. The acting was bad. There are some funny parts in it though.

RoyceTTU
06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Sucker Punch - 2 of 4. Kinda weird. If it wasn't for some pretty cool graphics this movie wouldn't be worth watching. Plot line is odd

pirate4state
06-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Bad Teacher 1 of 4. Honestly seemed like they hired Cameron Diaz and went out and plucked about 5 random people off the streets. The acting was bad. There are some funny parts in it though. Just from the trailer I already knew what would happen, but I went to see it because I love dark humor. I'll give it a :thumbsup: