PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' married...

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 09:30 PM
This one finally drug me around the corner and chained me up. A few of you know Amanda and know that she's been waiting for a ring since the last time leggings were in style. They're back, so I figured it was time.

I finally broke down, got a ring, and proposed Christmas night.

I not only robbed the cradle, I broke it and stole her pacifier when I picked her up as an 18-year old freshman in college. She's graduating in May and I'm not getting any skinnier, so I sealed the deal ASAP. I now have my "trophy wife." Even if she grows old and ugly, she's way too cool not to show off.

All I have are these older pictures of us. I'll post these pics from the other night when I get back to Huntsvegas.

http://photos-641.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v45/45/77/34417141/n34417141_30957641_7551.jpg
Reveille Ball at TAMU a couple months after we started dating.

http://myspace-836.vo.llnwd.net/00286/63/87/286297836_l.jpg
About two years ago at Amanda's younger sister's quinceneara (I think).

http://photos.pe.facebook.com/v45/45/77/34417141/n34417141_30950641_879.jpg
This one's from about a year ago at the wedding of two of our friends.

Wedding's going to be on June 21, 2008 on North Padre Natty Seashore. I'm working on the logistics of making a beer fountain that would keep the beer from going flat. I'm stoked.

DU_stud04
12-27-2006, 09:31 PM
congrads! good lcuk with the beer fountain haha

carter08
12-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Congratulations
I just know it will be a Crimson Tide theme wedding

Gsquared
12-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo
I know. In every scenario I can think of the beer goes flat.

Any suggestions?

Bandera YaYa
12-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Any suggestions? ...whiskey???

CHS_CG
12-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Congrats Russel, I am soo excited for you and Amanda.. I bet she is beside herself right now lol.

tigerpride_08
12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
congrats...:clap:

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
...whiskey???
That's a whole lotta whiskey.

I like the way you think.

sweetwater07
12-27-2006, 09:42 PM
This one finally drug me around the corner and chained me up. A few of you know Amanda and know that she's been waiting for a ring since the last time leggings were in style. They're back, so I figured it was time.

I finally broke down, got a ring, and proposed Christmas night.

I not only robbed the cradle, I broke it and stole her pacifier when I picked her up as an 18-year old freshman in college. She's graduating in May and I'm not getting any skinnier, so I sealed the deal ASAP. I now have my "trophy wife." Even if she grows old and ugly, she's way too cool not to show off.

All I have are these older pictures of us. I'll post these pics from the other night when I get back to Huntsvegas.

http://photos-641.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v45/45/77/34417141/n34417141_30957641_7551.jpg
Reveille Ball at TAMU a couple months after we started dating.

http://myspace-836.vo.llnwd.net/00286/63/87/286297836_l.jpg
About two years ago at Amanda's younger sister's quinceneara (I think).

http://photos.pe.facebook.com/v45/45/77/34417141/n34417141_30950641_879.jpg
This one's from about a year ago at the wedding of two of our friends.

Wedding's going to be on June 21, 2008 on North Padre Natty Seashore. I'm working on the logistics of making a beer fountain that would keep the beer from going flat. I'm stoked.

congrats man......and she is something to show off...very pretty..you should be proud!!..lol

pirate4state
12-27-2006, 09:44 PM
awwwwwwwwwwww, Congrats Russ & Amanda!!! :)

Are we all invited?? :D

CheerMom
12-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Best wishes to you both!!

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
awwwwwwwwwwww, Congrats Russ & Amanda!!! :)

Are we all invited?? :D
Absolutely. You're Mexican, so we know you can BBQ and drink. You'll fit right in!

Matthew328
12-27-2006, 09:51 PM
DON'T DO IT!

The word of Beans in Old School when Frank the Tank got married...

pirate4state
12-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Absolutely. You're Mexican, so we know you can BBQ and drink. You'll fit right in!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: YOU KNOW IT!!! :D :D :D

Tx Challenge
12-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Congrats BDR,

Wish you and Amanda the best!

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Congratulations Russ!!!
My wife is a trophy wife, too. Why? Because she makes me tick and the motor never stops running when I'm around her. The best thing I ever did was have a chance to marry her and I am glad she said yes when I asked. We've been married for over 12 years(two kids in the process too!) and have been together for about 15 years. It takes a little work to make all those special feelings you had early on last and grow upon, but it has always been worth it. I now have the very best friend I could ever have imagined who just happens to be intimate on a level I never ever thought possible.
I wish you the best for your future family and hope we get a wedding invitation so we can attend. It'd be a hoot to finally meet you on your wedding day!:) :clap: :cool: :)

44INAROW
12-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Congrats Russ - wish you both all the happiness in the world

olddawggreen
12-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Congratulations BDR! I'm very excited for you guys and wish you all the luck, health and happiness possible:)

Will there be an open invitation to the wedding posted on the downlow? Maybe we can get the Mods to stickey it!;) :D

Cameron Crazy
12-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Congrats Russ!

SwtwtrMstngs04
12-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I got married last thursday thats good stuff good luck man

Bandera YaYa
12-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Congrats to you both......all the best!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

$cooter!
12-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Congrats Russel, I am soo excited for you and Amanda.. I bet she is beside herself right now lol. nice lil digital thingy there. ;)

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
congrats man......and she is something to show off...very pretty..you should be proud!!..lol
Haha, thanks man, but the looks will fade with time. You can always find a looker-- they're a dime a dozen-- but finding someone who can survive my production of natural gas, now that's tricky.

Seriously though, she's an awesome girl and someone that I could learn to tolerate for a while. As my buddy Melton likes to say, "I've found my future ex-wife." ;) j/k

luvhoops34
12-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Congrats and much happiness!

Did somebody say, pachanga? :D

RMAC
12-28-2006, 02:50 AM

Any suggestions?

Drink fast Russ, drink fast.

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Actually, I might try getting married. Keep me from getting in trouble durning offseason, all those court dates are hard to fit into a drinking schedule. Now, where to find a prospective wife?

Phil C
12-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Congratulations and Best Wishes in the future to you both.

CHS_CG
12-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Actually, I might try getting married. Keep me from getting in trouble durning offseason, all those court dates are hard to fit into a drinking schedule. Now, where to find a prospective wife?

how about your lovely girlfriend..... lol

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, not really a girl friend, did date a few times then decided better just hanging out and being just friends.

CHS_CG
12-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, not really a girl friend, did date a few times then decided better just hanging out and being just friends.

oooooh... I see

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 09:43 AM

gotta hate those types...oh well. They still have their moments! ;)

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Haha, thanks man, but the looks will fade with time. You can always find a looker-- they're a dime a dozen-- but finding someone who can survive my production of natural gas, now that's tricky.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

and congrats...

txkmom
12-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Congratulations! We just celebrated our 20th, and my husband has managed to survive!

Maroon87
12-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Nice job, Russ!:clap:

Bullaholic
12-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Congratulations to you and your lady, Russ....

Just a few tips from an "old" maried man who will celebrate his 37th at the end of this month:

1.. If she ever asks you a question, be sure you know the answer she wants to hear. Especially, never, ever, tell her that she looks anything less than gorgeous in anything she buys to wear.

2. Don't give her anything to cook or clean with for presents in at least the first 5 years of the marriage.

3. Never sit in your recliner and watch the game while she is washing dishes or cleaning house---better offer to help.

4. Don't ever mention how good another woman looked at any social event.

5. If she cooked it---eat it, and smile while you are doing it, even if it tastes like Kal-kan.

Those are just a "couple" of tips to get started....you will learn the "ropes" as you go.....

Again, congrats on your engagement and forthcoming marriage...

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 10:22 AM
And if she asks "Do these pants make my butt look big" DO NOT respond with "H*ll, they aint magic"

olddawggreen
12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Congratulations to you and your lady, Russ....

Just a few tips from an "old" maried man who will celebrate his 37th at the end of this month:

1.. If she ever asks you a question, be sure you know the answer she wants to hear. Especially, never, ever, tell her that she looks anything less than gorgeous in anything she buys to wear.

2. Don't give her anything to cook or clean with for presents in at least the first 5 years of the marriage.

3. Never sit in your recliner and watch the game while she is washing dishes or cleaning house---better offer to help.

4. Don't ever mention how good another woman looked at any social event.

5. If she cooked it---eat it, and smile while you are doing it, even if it tastes like Kal-kan.

Those are just a "couple" of tips to get started....you will learn the "ropes" as you go.....

Again, congrats on your engagement and forthcoming marriage...

Spoken like a true survivor!;) :D

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 10:25 AM
And if she asks "Do these pants make my butt look big" DO NOT respond with "H*ll, they aint magic"

Are you speaking from experience??:D

footballgal
12-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Congrats Big Daddy Russ! Best wishes to both of you, on your soon to be union together. Marriage, can be a great thing, you should look forward to, with lots of promise! :)

Bullaholic
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Spoken like a true suvivor!;) :D

Got the scars to prove it, too, Olddawg...:D

ILS1
12-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Congrats BDR!!! You did indeed get yourself a 'Trophy Wife'!!! My question is 'Does she have an older sister'?? LOL!!!! Because you are a man of your word I know ya'll will be happy together!!! Congrats again!!! (Let me know IF she does have an older sister. Not TOO old,if you know what I mean)

:clap: :clap: :D :D :devil: :devil:

olddawggreen
12-28-2006, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ
[B]Haha, thanks man, but the looks will fade with time. You can always find a looker-- they're a dime a dozen--

The funny thing is, sometimes as your love for each other grows, the closer you get and the longer your together, the more you look the same to each other. Kinda locked in time sorta thing.

Not an expert, but a few things that have worked for my marriage are;

1. Honesty, sometimes you have to fudge on this a little, or bite your tounge when it comes to what she's wearing, what she's serving at the dinner table and little things like that. If you don't feel good telling a little white lie, you better just say, yes honey, oh wow.

2. Mutual respect, this is huge! If you lose this, your going to be miserable or heading out the door. Don't say things to each other during heated arguments that you can never take back. Some doors should be locked and never opened.

3. Support each other, always put your spouse first, especially with the inlaws and friends and especially with the inlaws, did I mention especially with the inlaws?. You are a unit now. Work together. Grow together.

4. Make sure after you have children, you still make time for each other. This is a hard one and not always easy to do if you and your wife put your kids first, but even if its a drive in the country or a cup of coffee alone together, work it in.

Good luck:)

CHS_Grad '85
12-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Congrats!!!! fb_gurl and I are excited for you!!!!

Bullaholic
12-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ
[B]Haha, thanks man, but the looks will fade with time. You can always find a looker-- they're a dime a dozen--

The funny thing is, sometimes as your love for each other grows, the closer you get and the longer your together, the more you look the same to each other. Kinda locked in time sorta thing.

Not an expert, but a few things that have worked for my marriage are;

1. Honesty, sometimes you have to fudge on this a little, or bite your tounge when it comes to what she's wearing, what she's serving at the dinner table and little things like that. If you don't feel good telling a little white lie, you better just say, yes honey, oh wow.

2. Mutual respect, this is huge! If you lose this, your going to be miserable or heading out the door. Don't say things to each other during heated arguments that you can never take back. Some doors should be locked and never opened.

3. Support each other, always put your spouse first, especially with the inlaws and friends and especially with the inlaws, did I mention especially with the inlaws?. You are a unit now. Work together. Grow together.

4. Make sure after you have children, you still make time for each other. This is a hard one and not always easy to do if you and your wife put your kids first, but even if its a drive in the country or a cup of coffee alone together, work it in.

Good luck:)

Good advice, olddawg---nobody could have made it as long as you and I if they don't practice these things. I just hope these kids can say after 37 years that they are as lucky to have each other for a life partner as I and my wife have been...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Anyone on here up for a crash of this event?

Maroon87
12-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Anyone on here up for a crash of this event?

"We're brothers from New Hampshire, and we're venture capitalists.":D

IHStangFan
12-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Congrats bro!! I know the feeling, I bought Kristen a ring for Christmas. :doh:

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 03:42 PM
...Now, where to find a prospective wife?
The Phillippines.

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Congrats bro!! I know the feeling, I bought Kristen a ring for Christmas. :doh:
Holy crap. Hell yeah, B. When's your big day? You doing it big or doing it at JP's?

And thanks for all the well-wishes everyone.

Tx Challenge
12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
BDR,

Are you going to "sing" at this wedding? :cool:

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"We're brothers from New Hampshire, and we're venture capitalists.":D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
BDR,

Are you going to "sing" at this wedding? :cool:
I was thinking of karaoke to "Man, I feel like a Woman," but may do "Today my world slipped away" instead. ;)

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Congratulations
I just know it will be a Crimson Tide theme wedding
Oh, and Carter, I'm sure I can figure out a way to incorporate the Tide into my wedding. :devil:

Tx Challenge
12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I was thinking of karaoke to "Man, I feel like a Woman," but may do "Today my world slipped away" instead. ;)

At least it isn't a 3 Days Grace song that comes to mind.

I will have to think about it a bit but I am sure I can come up with something for you!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Are you going to be grilling fajitas for this, Russ?

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Are you going to be grilling fajitas for this, Russ?
Haha, probably not. Too much work. We'll probably do brisket instead. It's easier.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Haha, probably not. Too much work. We'll probably do brisket instead. It's easier.

Yep, this one is definately getting crashed. All I want to know, is who's coming with me?

thatsminty
12-28-2006, 07:08 PM
as if I'd miss crashin' something...c'mon now

mistanice
12-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Yep, this one is definately getting crashed. All I want to know, is who's coming with me?

and hit on the bride's good lookin' relatives....(women of course)

Maroon87
12-28-2006, 08:16 PM

I'm in. :cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm in. :cool:

JEREMY TRIED TO SEDUCE ME.

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:30 PM

:clap: :clap: I think some of you should dress up like those cats and really crash Russ' wedding!!! It'd be a RIOT!!! Of course, Russ & Amanda wouldn't care b/c they are cool like that!! LOL!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap: I think some of you should dress up like those cats and really crash Russ' wedding!!! It'd be a RIOT!!! Of course, Russ & Amanda wouldn't care b/c they are cool like that!! LOL!!

Russ has already introduced me to Amanda and her family, so it really wouldn't be that much of a crash...

Matthew328
12-28-2006, 11:43 PM
If there will be some hot single women at the wedding I am in...

big daddy russ
12-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Russ has already introduced me to Amanda and her family, so it really wouldn't be that much of a crash...
Man, you should see her little bro now. You hung out with them in what, early November? He's probably grown 2-3 inches and cut out even more of the baby fat.

Wes wants to play da foosball next year if he transfers over to a public school. I'm lobbying the in-laws for a move to Ingleside. He's already one of the studs of his little league up in Katy.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Man, you should see her little bro now. You hung out with them in what, early November? He's probably grown 2-3 inches and cut out even more of the baby fat.

Wes wants to play da foosball next year if he transfers over to a public school. I'm lobbying the in-laws for a move to Ingleside. He's already one of the studs of his little league up in Katy.

Did he stop drinking sodas like I tried to influence him to? He sure did throw down that Coke when I told him that college and pro football players don't drink sodas...I know his mom was up for the idea for sure.

big daddy russ
12-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Did he stop drinking sodas like I tried to influence him to? He sure did throw down that Coke when I told him that college and pro football players don't drink sodas...I know his mom was up for the idea for sure.
I don't think he gave up cokes, but he's starting to get more active with the kids in the neighborhood. There are some athletic little kids in his neck of the woods and all they do is play football and baseball all day long. Heck, one of his little sixth grade buddies can throw a football almost 60 yards. :eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't think he gave up cokes, but he's starting to get more active with the kids in the neighborhood. There are some athletic little kids in his neck of the woods and all they do is play football and baseball all day long. Heck, one of his little sixth grade buddies can throw a football almost 60 yards. :eek:

That's impressive. I'm glad to see that he's out there being active and absorbing the game. All I want to say is congratulations to the parents for introducing him to crack....errr, sports.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-29-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If there will be some hot single women at the wedding I am in...

That's what I'm talking about.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 09:44 AM

Don't dash his dreams too soon, G2

are you married?

Maroon87
12-29-2006, 10:24 AM

"You didn't sleep well? Was it the hard mattress?"

"Yeah it could've been the hard mattress. Or the midnight rape. Or the nude gay art show that took place in my room. I'm sure one of those things contributed to my lack of sleep."

:D :D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 10:53 AM
"You didn't sleep well? Was it the hard mattress?"

"Yeah it could've been the hard mattress. Or the midnight rape. Or the nude gay art show that took place in my room. I'm sure one of those things contributed to my lack of sleep."

:D :D :D

Man, I think you like that movie even more than I do, and that's scary. :cool:

Maroon87
12-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Man, I think you like that movie even more than I do, and that's scary. :cool:

It's my "bad mood" movie...when I'm in a bad mood, I watch it and it cheers me up.;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 12:00 PM
It's my "bad mood" movie...when I'm in a bad mood, I watch it and it cheers me up.;)

Sounds like you're in a bad mood a lot, or looking for an excuse to be.

Maroon87
12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Sounds like you're in a bad mood a lot, or looking for an excuse to be.

I look for any excuse to AVOID a bad mood, but those suckers can be sneaky...:nerd:

99IHSMustang
01-03-2007, 04:30 PM
A little late on this one, but Congrats Russ!

......... " Another one bites the dust" :( :D

Blastoderm55
01-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Congratulations Russ! Looks like you caught yourself a good one. Take care of each other. :clap: :)

neo800
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Dont do it!!!!Your freedom will be gone!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-03-2007, 10:15 PM
What an IDIOT! Oh well, I guess that just means more for us.

piratebg
01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Congrats BDR :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
01-03-2007, 10:47 PM
I remember Red Skelton's bit on marriage, "Marriage is a FINE Institution. If you don't mind being in an Institution".

Congrats, Russ and Amanda. Hope you have many happy years together.

I've been "nailed down" for 36 years come March. I've only regretted it about half the time.:D (j/k. of course).

I HAD to say that, mine reads the board.;)

pancho villa
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Your life as you know it is over!

neck_06
01-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Your life as you know it is over!

that a boy poncho!

poncho villa...raining on happy people's parades since........well i don't know when he was born, but you get the point!!!

AggieJohn
01-04-2007, 04:21 AM
I'm working on the logistics of making a beer fountain that would keep the beer from going flat. I'm stoked. nice to see that you've got the priorities in order

big daddy russ
01-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
nice to see that you've got the priorities in order
Weddings are boring. Why the hell would I care about the ceremony? As long as I get the ring and the piece of paper, I'm good.

AggieJohn
01-04-2007, 02:12 PM
i loved my wedding.....what's not to like, beautiful gal, your best friends, gifts galore....what's not to like

99IHSMustang
01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Weddings are boring. Why the hell would I care about the ceremony? As long as I get the ring and the piece of paper, I'm good.

I agree with you 100%... screw waisting money on a nice ceremony. Go to Las Vegas and get married by Elvis and spend the rest of the money there.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
Congratulations! We just celebrated our 20th, and my husband has managed to survive!

awww.... a woman I can relate too!:D

Congratulations Russ! I will look forward to "wedding plan" threads and hearing your take on the whole process.:D

g$$
01-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats Russ & all the best to both of you! Here's to many prosperous & happy years ahead...