PDA

View Full Version : Shot a 61 yesterday at Oso Course...

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 02:46 PM
...on nine holes. I was proud of myself.

injuredinmelee
12-27-2006, 02:56 PM
I was gonna say on Tiger 07.. lol

injuredinmelee
12-27-2006, 02:57 PM
whats the slope rating on that course. How long is it?

Adidas410s
12-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I was gonna say on Tiger 07.. lol

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I finally got into playing TW07 last week. Well I made it to the last match in team tour where it's best 2 out of 3 vs Team TW. First match, my guy and John Daly beat Goosen/Montgomery 6 and 4 at St Andrews. 2nd round...I have Singh/Donald up against TW/Sorenstam at the K Club. We're up 3 with 4 holes to go...and then lose 4 straight holes and lose the match 1 up! :mad:

No problem....me vs TW @ Pebble Beach. We spend most of the match AS before I win the 12th to go 1 up with 6 to play. Then Wu calls...breaking my concentration. I tell him I have to go as I halve the 13th. Then all of a sudden...I lose 14, 15, AND 16 and now TW has me dormie with 2 to play. Have no fear...I stick it to 7 ft on the Par 3 17th to go dormie 1 and then on 18 my drive BARELY clears the water as TW flies his into the Pacific Ocean and I cruise to a birdie and we're back to AS and heading to extra holes. I'm not kidding here...for the next 25 HOLES we halve the hole. Finally, we're on #9 at Pebble (our 44th hole) and Tiger holes out from the fairway for eagle after I had stuck my approach 2 ft away for an upcoming birdie putt. Damn that Tiger Woods. I'll get him tonight that's for sure!!! :mad::mad::mad:

injuredinmelee
12-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I finally got into playing TW07 last week. Well I made it to the last match in team tour where it's best 2 out of 3 vs Team TW. First match, my guy and John Daly beat Goosen/Montgomery 6 and 4 at St Andrews. 2nd round...I have Singh/Donald up against TW/Sorenstam at the K Club. We're up 3 with 4 holes to go...and then lose 4 straight holes and lose the match 1 up! :mad:

No problem....me vs TW @ Pebble Beach. We spend most of the match AS before I win the 12th to go 1 up with 6 to play. Then Wu calls...breaking my concentration. I tell him I have to go as I halve the 13th. Then all of a sudden...I lose 14, 15, AND 16 and now TW has me dormie with 2 to play. Have no fear...I stick it to 7 ft on the Par 3 17th to go dormie 1 and then on 18 my drive BARELY clears the water as TW flies his into the Pacific Ocean and I cruise to a birdie and we're back to AS and heading to extra holes. I'm not kidding here...for the next 25 HOLES we halve the hole. Finally, we're on #9 at Pebble (our 44th hole) and Tiger holes out from the fairway for eagle after I had stuck my approach 2 ft away for an upcoming birdie putt. Damn that Tiger Woods. I'll get him tonight that's for sure!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I played 06 for about 30 minutes and took it back to EB Games and traded it in. I havent even attempted 07 yet.

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 03:10 PM
whats the slope rating on that course. How long is it?
From the white tee boxes, it's a 112. Can't remember what it is from the blues or how long it is.

Adidas410s
12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I played 06 for about 30 minutes and took it back to EB Games and traded it in. I havent even attempted 07 yet.

07 is awesome. They finally made it realistic. Heck...I used to shoot in the 40's on a regular basis back in college. You made a par...you were going to lose. I didn't really play 06 that much. However...you can make 07 ridiculously hard. I now play it without the power and spin boosts (you can turn them on but the default is off) and you can even turn off the ability to zoom in on your target and line up your shot. Essentially, it's like real golf except you get to see a fly by of the hole when you are on the tee box but that's it. After that, you're just lining it up with what you can see from your shot. My first time out...I shot a 96 at the K Club with 30 mph winds. My best round in the "life like conditions" was -4 at St Andrews...and that's only because you don't really need to aim as much as be able to hit it long and straight off the tee and watch out for big slopes in the front of the green.