PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Fans: Are You Ready for This!

BobcatBenny
12-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Been expecting it all year, I think we are about to see this!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/Cowboys-Implosion.gif

Nothing quite like a good ol' NFL team imploding!

Txbroadcaster
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
yep man a 10-6 record is really exploding

They said Dallas was dead after Romo replaced Bledsoe

They said they were dead after the Washington loss

They were supposed to be dead after the Saints rout

Now they are supposed to be dead after Philly whips them.

This team has flaws, but one thing they have done all year is bounce back from supposed season ending losses.

BobcatBenny
12-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yep man a 10-6 record is really exploding . . . This team has flaws, but one thing they have done all year is bounce back from supposed season ending losses.

Well, I guess it is just a fact that these guys will beat the lowly Lions.

The TO/Parcells/Jones/Romo fuse has been lit. I hope someone can douse the fuse before the engineered charges go off! :D

I'm guessing the implosion occurs in the 3rd quarter of the Wild Card game. :eek:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/Cowboys-Implosion.gif

SintonFan
12-26-2006, 07:40 PM
yep man a 10-6 record is really exploding

They said Dallas was dead after Romo replaced Bledsoe

They said they were dead after the Washington loss

They were supposed to be dead after the Saints rout

Now they are supposed to be dead after Philly whips them.

This team has flaws, but one thing they have done all year is bounce back from supposed season ending losses.
I agree. Jeez, reading the sports section these days seems like you are reading a Days of our Lives script.:eek:

GOFOR2
12-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Cowboys have the potential to be a great team, but I will say this.....they got rid of Vanderjact (spelling?) for lack of productivity and distractings...next up....T.O. I have applauded his play making ability over the course of the year, but he has way too much baggage and way too many drops. Neither one of those two cats are or were worth the money they got.

piratebg
12-26-2006, 07:56 PM
They should have a confidence builder next week vs the Lions. Hopefully this will get them pumped up for the playoffs the following week. I believe right now it looks like they will be playing Seattle, right?

BTEXDAD
12-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Cowboys have the potential to be a great team, but I will say this.....they got rid of Vanderjact (spelling?) for lack of productivity and distractings...next up....T.O. I have applauded his play making ability over the course of the year, but he has way too much baggage and way too many drops. Neither one of those two cats are or were worth the money they got.

Agreed. Apparently you are like me and don't go along with TO's statement that you have to go to him early and often. According to him, by the time they started throwing to him later in (Phi) game, it was too late. He didn't say it, but I think he had already lost interest like he has done in team meetings, practices, etc. That was the reason for drops. So, don't you see, it was off coordinator and QB's fault that he dropped passes. :rolleyes:

Cowboys still have legitimate shot to win NFC.

New Orleans seems to be most solid all around team, but if Cowboys can match their intensity, they can beat them. NO was fired up against Dal, then had big letdown against Wash the next week. Hard to maintain high level of intensity thru out playoffs, although the 1st week bye helps them.

Chicago has only two wins against teams with winning records.
Against 8-7 Seahawks and 9-6 jets. They are very beatable by a decent team.

Seahawks are, well, they're 8-7 and have problems just like everyone else.

Dal can beat PHi if they dont' turn the ball over 3-4 times which has become norm when the two teams play.

Phi didn't throw in the towel like they could have when McNabb went down, but they've had to treat every game since then like a playoff game intensity wise and it will catch up with them once playoffs start.

Whoever the other team in playoffs is, they will be beatable also, and boasting an 8-8 record.
Winner of NFC will be underdog to AFC team, but I don't see why Cowboys can't make it thru NFC playoffs. They really don't have any more question marks than anyone else. Their's are just more publicized.

Adidas410s
12-27-2006, 11:04 AM
The NO loss has nothing to do with intensity. It had everything to do with Sean Payton opening up his playbook (heck his FB scored 3 TD's...the first 3 of his career) and using exploiting the Cows in every way that he could.

The Philly loss was simply a matter of the Cows being dominated by a 12-yr old QB on offense and a tougher, more physical defensive unit.

I've held off on going off on TO this year because I was trying to be open-minded about the situation. His drops of course haven't helped his cause and now when he comes out and says "by the second half it's too late to be throwing me the ball..." then I'm really irked. For some reason, I thought that a top level player would go hard for 60 minutes. Evidently TO can only go hard for 30 minutes. Plain and simple...he was saying that he quit on his team because he didn't get the ball enough.

The individualness of players on this team will keep them from making the Super Bowl. Roy Williams, while I think he's a great guy, plays so much like an individual that it can be furiating at times. He's so concerned with making the big play and delivering the big hit that he lets a TE go by him ALL THE TIME and continually gets burned. Then he puts his head down and hides to avoid the wrath of coaches and fans. Once he makes a big play...he'll let you know it but he doesn't ever seem to take ownership of his mistakes and work to improve them.

injuredinmelee
12-27-2006, 11:05 AM
The individualness of players on this team will keep them from making the Super Bowl. Roy Williams, while I think he's a great guy, plays so much like an individual that it can be furiating at times. He's so concerned with making the big play and delivering the big hit that he lets a TE go by him ALL THE TIME and continually gets burned. Then he puts his head down and hides to avoid the wrath of coaches and fans. Once he makes a big play...he'll let you know it but he doesn't ever seem to take ownership of his mistakes and work to improve them.

amen

BTEXDAD
12-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The NO loss has nothing to do with intensity. It had everything to do with Sean Payton opening up his playbook (heck his FB scored 3 TD's...the first 3 of his career) and using exploiting the Cows in every way that he could.

The Philly loss was simply a matter of the Cows being dominated by a 12-yr old QB on offense and a tougher, more physical defensive unit.

Agree with most of this Adidas.

agreed about some of the playcalling for NO. Dallas should be ready for everything if they play again. But what did payton do the next week against Wash? Did he just close his playbook, and rest on his accomplishments? I still think intensity is huge in pro game. They were fired up against Boys and not fired up against Redskins.

Domination was there in Phi game, but with score 16-7 if Romo doesn't throw int in end zone (TO could have made a little more effort to catch it), score could have gone to 16-14 with momentum to cowboys. But instead, Eagles drive 80 yds and make game 23-7. That's when complete domination set in. Turnovers have been key against eagles.
Eagles have nine wins. Seven against teams with losing records and other two against cowboys. There's no way I can see them winning three strt weeks against playoff teams to get to super bowl. If they're gonna lose, why not to Cowboys? Hard to beat a team three times in season.

Bullaholic
12-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I think the 'Boys go 1-and-done this year in the playoffs---too many "holes" to fill in the "D" right now.....hate it, but the truth hurts. Loss of Ellis hurt the pass rush more than most know, and the secondary can't sustain coverages. Teams are doubling Ware and that "kills" the Dallas pass rush.

I think T.O. and Parcells are both gone next year---especially after seeing the look on Jerry Jones' face after the Philly loss.
I hope Dallas gets a young, innovative, and fiery head coach who can take them to next level. The Cowboys messed up when they let Sean Peyton go to N.O.---they should have promised him the job after Parcells leaves.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2006, 12:05 PM
TO did not lose this game. The lack of defense AGAIN, and the gameplan on offense lost the game.

Like him or not he has a valid point. When he is involved in the offense the Cowboys win. He has 650 yards recieving and 8 Tds when they win.

Funny people are talking about what he said...What Terry Glenn said was just as bad or worse.

rangerjim
12-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Hope they're not looking too far past the Lions. The Lions have imploded at the end of many games this year but odds say they should hang on to one late game win.

BTEXDAD - do you realize that the Cowboys also only have 2 wins against teams with winning records? Ind (11-4) and Tenn (8-7)? I think the Cows are one and done also.

ps - I'm a lifelong Bears fan but don't hold out much hope for them either - might get to NFC Championship game but they have to be on offensively and haven't proven they can do it from game to game. Packers will be playing for playoffs this weekend and will beat da bears as much as I hate the packers.

Looks like the Saints have the mojo this year..........

JasperDog94
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Funny people are talking about what he said...What Terry Glenn said was just as bad or worse. True.

What happened to our pass rush?:confused:

Bullaholic
12-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
True.

What happened to our pass rush?:confused:

JDog....When Ellis went down, that left Ware as the only outside speed rusher. They double him, and no worries---the Cowboys very rarely make a corner blitz like Philly to sack the QB quickly, and they only send Roy Williams occasionally, and he has been getting "picked up" a lot.

BTEXDAD
12-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim

BTEXDAD - do you realize that the Cowboys also only have 2 wins against teams with winning records? Ind (11-4) and Tenn (8-7)? I think the Cows are one and done also.

ps - I'm a lifelong Bears fan but don't hold out much hope for them either - might get to NFC Championship game but they have to be on offensively and haven't proven they can do it from game to game. Packers will be playing for playoffs this weekend and will beat da bears as much as I hate the packers.

Looks like the Saints have the mojo this year..........

Yes, I saw that about Cowboys also. lol. I was trying to spin things so they looked good (at least to me).
I don't see any clear favorite in Nfc. I was trying to make point that Boys have as good a shot as anyone, but I'll agree, if I was an unbiased bettor, I'd put money on NO.
Getting Bush AND Brees in offseason was equivalent to getting two top five picks, plus team hasn't had injuries they had last year.

rangerjim
12-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Did a quick check and Dallas and Chicago really have the weakest strength of schedule of all NFC teams in and possibly in for the wildcard. Winning teams played are as follows:

In: NO (4), Sea (4), Phi (5), Dal (2), Chi (2).
Maybe's: NYG (8), GB (6).

Probably nots: Didn't figure for STL, ATL, or Car since they seem to be more of a long shot.

AFC looks to be the much stronger conference but the NFC playoffs should be more entertaining to watch. Hoping for a Dallas/Chicago match-up so I can watch on my buddies new HDTV 54" screen. Watched some games last week and it was awesome.

CHS_CG
12-28-2006, 09:39 AM
just bc i LOVE posting my opinion about the boys... heres what i think

ready??

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wuerg/vomit-smiley-014.gif

BobcatBenny
12-28-2006, 03:32 PM
10 . . .

BobcatBenny
12-29-2006, 10:42 AM
9 . . .

BobcatBenny
12-30-2006, 06:51 PM
8 . . .

pirate4state
12-30-2006, 07:20 PM
why the countdown now??? game isn't until Noon tomorrow, but there will be no implosion. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will say this, the Lions kinda scare me. :eek:

carter08
12-30-2006, 07:23 PM
http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/CowboysSuck2.png

pirate4state
12-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by carter08
http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/CowboysSuck2.png

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Tell me again what the Texans record is??

carter08
12-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Tell me again what the Texans record is??

The Texans have tripled their win total from last year

pirate4state
12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by carter08
The Texans have tripled their win total from last year

Well, that's something to hang your hat on! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bandera YaYa
12-31-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I've held off on going off on TO this year because I was trying to be open-minded about the situation. His drops of course haven't helped his cause and now when he comes out and says "by the second half it's too late to be throwing me the ball..." then I'm really irked. For some reason, I thought that a top level player would go hard for 60 minutes. Evidently TO can only go hard for 30 minutes. Plain and simple...he was saying that he quit on his team because he didn't get the ball enough.

. I mean can this guy just play the game, do what he's being paid for and shut the hell up after the game??????? Is that really too much to ask???? :thinking: :thinking:

charlesrixey
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM
At least the cowboys are in the playoffs

BobcatBenny
12-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
At least the cowboys are in the playoffs

Not for long. :p

setxsports
12-31-2006, 01:18 PM
They are done!! They can't even play well against the Lions.

BobcatBenny
12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
7 . . .

3afan
12-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Not for long. :p

why do you dislike the cowboys?

SintonFan
12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Because Celina has more Super Bowls than the Boys.;)

BobcatBenny
12-31-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't dislike the cowboys. I am actually a homer, but I can just recognize an impending implosion when I see it.

Be sure to stand back a safe distance! :D

BobcatBenny
12-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I may have to accelerate my count down. I'm not sure the Cowboys will make it until next weekend!

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 05:49 PM
why the countdown now??? game isn't until Noon tomorrow, but there will be no implosion. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will say this, the Lions kinda scare me. :eek:

haha....open mouth insert foot:doh:

ur boys did implode(on defense)

JJ7997
12-31-2006, 07:28 PM
I couldnt be happier. The cowboys are a joke, I guess their fan base will shrink a bit now.

pirate4state
12-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

I did say the Lions scared me. :dispntd: Stupid, stupid, stupid!! (and I'm not calling YOU stupid, I'm calling the Cowboys stupid) I can see them being one & done, but I'll still be the die hard fan cheering & jeering them on. :D :thumbsup:

I will live & die with the Cowboys. :thumbsup: Love 'em, hate 'em, I don't care. :cool:

pirate4state
12-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I couldnt be happier. The cowboys are a joke, I guess their fan base will shrink a bit now.

Good for you! :thumbsup: :wave:

carter08
12-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

Don't you mean insert Foots

MARLINDOGS
12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
just bc i LOVE posting my opinion about the boys... heres what i think

ready??

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wuerg/vomit-smiley-014.gif :eek: :eek:

88bobcats
01-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I was able to stomach the 1-15 and 3-13 early Jimmy Johnson seasons, so I can handle a 9-7 Parcells playoff season. If the 'boys do go one-and-out then I'm going to invest in public stock of brown paper bag companies. If not the 'boys, the 'aints need to take the NFC this year!

If not the 'pokes, then I'm rootin' for a Saints/Chargers Super Bowl XLI.....

BobcatBenny
01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
6 . . .

slpybear the bullfan
01-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I will live & die with the Cowboys. :thumbsup: Love 'em, hate 'em, I don't care. :cool:

Right there with ya! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hold onto my team loyalties through thick or thin.

Bridgeport Bulls.
Texas Rangers.
Boston Red Sox.
Dallas Cowboys.

BobcatBenny
01-02-2007, 04:45 PM
5 . . .

3afan
01-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
5 . . .

hey, when does Celina Middle School start back up? ;)

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I will live & die with the Cowboys. :thumbsup: Love 'em, hate 'em, I don't care. :cool: Word.

BobcatBenny
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
4 . . .

BobcatBenny
01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
hey, when does Celina Middle School start back up? ;)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/Cartman.gif

BobcatBenny
01-04-2007, 09:56 AM
3 . . .