PDA

View Full Version : Dish Satellite Question

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 03:24 PM
When the guy from Alvin set up our satellite dish here in Dub C, he told us we would not be able to get our local San Antonio channels because we fell under the Houston umbrella. He said they would be blacked out.:mad: However, last night I watched them and for a little while this morning. Then nothing. At 2pm when I got home from Angleton, I tried again. They are working. Just wondering what the deal is? Does anybody know?

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 03:26 PM
either your account is setup in the wrong market...or they forgot to black them out. So just :)

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 03:31 PM
It's set up for SA local channels because of our billing address. However, we move around all over South Texas. This is the closest to Houston we have ever been. :( And I can't say I will be sorry to leave.

SWMustang
12-26-2006, 03:39 PM
if your billing address is in San Antonio (or the san antonio designated market area) sometimes it slips through the wickets and you will get the locals from that area - even though you're in the Houston DMA. Do you have DirecTV or DishNetwork?

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
if your billing address is in San Antonio (or the san antonio designated market area) sometimes it slips through the wickets and you will get the locals from that area - even though you're in the Houston DMA. Do you have DirecTV or DishNetwork?

Dish