PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Restaurants

CalallenWildcat
12-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Quite simple: list your favorite restaurants...limit your list to your three favorites and they must be in Texas

Mine:

Casa Rio - San Antonio
Snuffer's - Dallas
Charlotte Plummer's - Fulton

espn1
12-26-2006, 11:49 AM
FOGO DE CHAO (http://www.fogodechao.com/history.htm)

carter08
12-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Top China- Lake Jackson
Windswept- Oyster Creek
Rainforest- Galveston

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Top China- Lake Jackson
Windswept- Oyster Creek
Rainforest- Galveston

are you referring to the rainforest cafe in Galveston?

CalallenWildcat
12-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

If he is, I hope he realizes there are MANY more than 1

carter08
12-26-2006, 12:02 PM

Yes
I know that it is a chain restraunt
but its good

CalallenWildcat
12-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Yes
I know that it is a chain restraunt
but its good

eh, I've had MUCH better seafood.

carter08
12-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
eh, I've had MUCH better seafood.

I like the BBQ Chicken Pizza
Maybe my favourite thing ever

CalallenWildcat
12-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I like the BBQ Chicken Pizza
Maybe my favourite thing ever

Don't think I've ever had that. I might have to try it sometimes

CHS_CG
12-26-2006, 12:49 PM
for steak my favorite place is The Country Inn Steakhouse in Somerville.. Tony will agree with me that that is the best steak you will ever have hands down.

for other stuff I would have to say

Wings n More
Mazzios Pizza... (used to eat it all the time in Missiouri and havent had any since i been in texas :( )

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Coco Loco in Bryan turned into a favorite of a few of us who live in Fowler. Bulldogman06 and I ate there 5 times in the last two weeks we were down there.

CalallenWildcat
12-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Wings n More

Actually, that sounds really good right about now. I may have to drive into Corpus!

crzyjournalist03
12-26-2006, 01:14 PM
for steak my favorite place is The Country Inn Steakhouse in Somerville.. Tony will agree with me that that is the best steak you will ever have hands down.

Wings n More
Mazzios Pizza... (used to eat it all the time in Missiouri and havent had any since i been in texas :( )

There are still a few Mazzios around the Dallas area...hard to come by now, but I remember going to one in Duncanville or DeSoto I believe...

CHS_CG
12-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
There are still a few Mazzios around the Dallas area...hard to come by now, but I remember going to one in Duncanville or DeSoto I believe...

man I loved them. The closes one to me is in Tyler I think. I used to live about 15 miles from one in Missiouri!

BreckTxLonghorn
12-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Has anyone heard of/ been to Pancho and Lefty's in Hare, TX? I've never been, but it made front page of the Austin-American Statesman due to its 8lb burger that you have to order a DAY in advance. It's $25 bucks, but if you eat the whole meal in 3 hours or less it's free, PLUS 500 dollars to be the first to finish the meal. I'm already planning my trip.

Here's the website: www.panchoandleftys.com

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I'll always love Joe Allen's in Abilene. I could drive all over the state and not find a steak as good.

Dogman_1969
12-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey my buddy lives about 3 miles from Hare and that place is a great spot to stop if you like a really country environment. And cold beverages.............

Dogman_1969
12-26-2006, 02:39 PM
man I loved them. The closes one to me is in Tyler I think. I used to live about 15 miles from one in Missiouri!

And I thought you were born and raised in Cwell CG........

You aren't a true bohemian after all.........

Old Tiger
12-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Hey my buddy lives about 3 miles from Hare and that place is a great spot to stop if you like a really country environment. And cold beverages............. Real good when you are inebriated and want a godo ol burger.

Bullock's in Milano, Texas is a goodplace to eat too but never go there sober or you'll be like gross.

loboes86
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
A real good steak house in Hondo was Herman and Sons. I guess it's still there ? They had really good food .

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Floresville: Maverick Cafe

Pleasanton: Fat Cowboy's

Bay City: K2's

Dub C: Baytown Seafood
Ramon's

San Antonio: Cheesecake Factory
Old San Francisco Steak House
EZ's
Paesano's
J Alexander's
Hung Fong's on Broadway
Chris Madrids
Pico De Gallo
a sports bar on I-10 W that I can't remember the
name of :mad:
Carrabba's Italian Grill

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-26-2006, 03:01 PM
The Dixie Chicken has some good 1 lb. burgers. Mmmmm, can't wait to get another one.

Old Tiger
12-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Shroeder's(speling?) in Thorndale is AWESOME!

CHS_CG
12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
And I thought you were born and raised in Cwell CG........

You aren't a true bohemian after all.........

no i was born in KC Missiouri, the lived about an hr away from Springfield and moved to Texas about 10 years ago.. so 10 years there.. the rest of my life here! My Uncle that lives in Kansas keeps tellin me i needa go back to God's country and I tell him.. "man I AM in God's country!"

espn1
12-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Shroeder's(speling?) in Thorndale is AWESOME!
What do they serve? I'd like to check them out.

Old Tiger
12-26-2006, 03:29 PM
burgers and beer I believe

JJ7997
12-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Michaelangelos Lil' Italy here in Hell Paso

Humble City Cafe in Humble

Crossfire Cafe at Circle T in Hamilton

BBQ place in Llano, but I cant remember the name.

SWMustang
12-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Here in Tomball/Houston

Goodson's Cafe - One of the best Chicken Fried Steaks in the state

Doyle's - Excellent spaghetti

El Palenque - Mexican - Can't get enough "Papa's Nachos"

Fuzzy's Pizza - New York Style

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
BBQ place in Llano, but I cant remember the name.

Coopers BBQ :):):)

awizzy
12-26-2006, 04:06 PM
cheesecake factory-houston
baytown seafood-west coulmbia

JJ7997
12-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Coopers BBQ :):):)

Thats it, awesome place.

Bullaholic
12-26-2006, 04:22 PM
New Orleans- Brennan's (Breakfast)
Commander's Palace
Etienne's

Lafayette- Lagneaux's
Pat's or Las's (not many folks know where Henderson, LA is outside of Breaux Bridge)

Ft. Worth- Uncle Julio's
Pappadeaux's
Joe T's
Benito's Casa Comida
Rockfish

Antec
12-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Riverpoint In Lake Jackson

On The River in Freeport

Pinchers in El Campo

Nolan Ryan's Water Front Steak House & Girlls near Three Rivers on 72

Rudy & Pacos in Galveston-Great Fresh Seafood

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Ft. Worth- Joe T's

We went there last Friday night. It was good...but I'm starting to think that their food is going downhill. For what you pay you sure get a lot of food but the taste just seems more bland (in the fajitas at least) in their beef/chicken each time I get it. I don't go there a lot though...only once every few months. The nice part this time was that we only had to wait about 15 minutes @ 7PM on a Friday so that was nice. :)

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Fuji's Japanese Steakhouse in Abilene...MUCH better than Beni Hana's with MUCH bigger portions and A LOT cheaper. I could eat there all the time. :D:D:D

Beehive in Albany - It was a 30 minute drive from Abilene but I always loved the trip. I usually don't like anything but a filet to be more than 1 1/4"...but their 2"+ ribeye is good every time.

Perini's in Buffalo Gap - An average steak...but their sauce is better than anywhere else IMO. They have great pork ribs as well but they're only available as an appetizer. Other downer is that you can't order french fries! :(

For BBQ...there were plenty of good places in Abilene (Harold's, Betty Roses, Joe Allen's) depending on what you wanted to eat. Some others that I've enjoyed:

Rudy's north of San Antonio on I-10
Cooper's BBQ in Llano
Lone Star BBQ in Brady (though it wasn't as good the last time I had it)
Sonny Bryan's in Dallas (the original location is pretty good...the others not so much)
County Line BBQ in Corpus Christi (it was right on the water...the atmosphere was good/better than the food)
----------------
Kings Inn @ Baffin Bay (King Ranch) - The first place I ever had frog legs (and probably the last as well) but their food was very good and it's served on a bunch of trays and you pick and choose what you want.

Wildcatter Ranch @ Possum Kingdom (Graham/Graford) - Never had a bad meal there. A good (but not amazing) steak and excellent roast. Their sides (and tortilla soup) are what sets this place apart IMO.

Any tex mex place that I've eaten at along the Riverwalk. The combination of the atmosphere and the people make for a wonderful experience. They always have great salsa (I LOVE good, hot salsa) and the food never disappoints.

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Antec

Nolan Ryan's Water Front Steak House & Girlls near Three Rivers on 72

I've eaten there but it sucked the night we went!

carter08
12-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I'd like to add

Lucy's- West Columbia
Baytown- West Columbia

SWMustang
12-26-2006, 04:58 PM

Not all Rudy's are created equal. I'm partial to the one in Austin on 183. It's the best IMO.

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Not all Rudy's are created equal. I'm partial to the one in Austin on 183. It's the best IMO.

that one is also very good. To me Rudy's is like Sonny Bryan's in Dallas. Some are good...some are just plain crappy...:(

pirate4state
12-26-2006, 05:27 PM
San Antonio - Pico de Gallo
Arlington - Mercado Juarez
Corpus Christi - Alcapulcos

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
San Antonio - Pico de Gallo
Arlington - Mercado Juarez
Corpus Christi - Alcapulcos

I ate at Acapulco the last time I was in CC. I like Kiko's better!:D

GreenMachine
12-26-2006, 06:54 PM
For seafood - Crab N or Crab Inn - South of Rockport. For barbecue - Rudy's north of San Antonio and the Barbecue Station in Cuero (it has the best potatoe salad). For mexican food -Mi Tierra in San Antonio (but last time, for the first time, it wasn't great. Maybe a bad night for the cook :D).

tigerpride_08
12-26-2006, 07:13 PM
mine is Gringo's in Houston...:D

buff4life
12-26-2006, 07:15 PM
College Station--Texas Roadhouse
Austin--Texas Land and Cattle
Bob's Steakhouse in Cameron isn't bad either

rundoe
12-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Fuji's Japanese Steakhouse in Abilene...MUCH better than Beni Hana's with MUCH bigger portions and A LOT cheaper. I could eat there all the time. :D:D:D

Beehive in Albany - It was a 30 minute drive from Abilene but I always loved the trip. I usually don't like anything but a filet to be more than 1 1/4"...but their 2"+ ribeye is good every time.

Perini's in Buffalo Gap - An average steak...but their sauce is better than anywhere else IMO. They have great pork ribs as well but they're only available as an appetizer. Other downer is that you can't order french fries! :(

For BBQ...there were plenty of good places in Abilene (Harold's, Betty Roses, Joe Allen's) depending on what you wanted to eat. Some others that I've enjoyed:

Cooper's BBQ in Llano
Lone Star BBQ in Brady (though it wasn't as good the last time I had it)
Sonny Bryan's in Dallas (the original location is pretty good...the others not so much)
County Line BBQ in Corpus Christi (it was right on the water...the atmosphere was good/better than the food)
----------------
Kings Inn @ Baffin Bay (King Ranch) - The first place I ever had frog legs (and probably the last as well) but their food was very good and it's served on a bunch of trays and you pick and choose what you want.

Wildcatter Ranch @ Possum Kingdom (Graham/Graford) - Never had a bad meal there. A good (but not amazing) steak and excellent roast. Their sides (and tortilla soup) are what sets this place apart IMO.

Any tex mex place that I've eaten at along the Riverwalk. The combination of the atmosphere and the people make for a wonderful experience. They always have great salsa (I LOVE good, hot salsa) and the food never disappoints.

How do you ever get time to watch any football, lol.

piratebg
12-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Austin

Enchiladas y Mas
Spaghetti Wharehouse
Freebirds(since there are none here)

MHSvarsity2007
12-26-2006, 08:11 PM
can't beat chilis or olive garden...but i like the rainforest cafe (i've only been to the one in grapevine) too...although the food is revolting, i enjoy the environment lol

BobcatBenny
12-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by espn1
FOGO DE CHAO (http://www.fogodechao.com/history.htm)
Hands down the best! :)

luvhoops34
12-26-2006, 09:06 PM
What's the name of the mexican food place in Ft. Worth? Joe T. Garicas?

I ate there in my previous life. Good food and good atmosphere.

Matthew328
12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Steak: Houston's Steakhouse in Addison

Mexican: Frijoles in Arlington by Six Flags, best salsa ever IMO

Burritos: Sevi's in Wichita Falls (puts Chiplotle and Freebirds to shame)

BBQ: Joe Allens in Abilene

Chicken Fried Steak: this is a TOUGH one....I'll get back to you

Burgers: Tommy's Hamburgers here in Fort Worth, its way better than Kincaide's IMO

Pizza: This is another hometown pick, but Bosses in Lake Worth is greatness

Chain: Texas Roadhouse, its a chain but the food is awesome

mwynn05
12-26-2006, 09:20 PM

Wings n More
Mazzios Pizza... (used to eat it all the time in Missiouri and havent had any since i been in texas :( ) There's one in Palestine

Matthew328
12-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I think there is a Mazzio's in Athens still too...

CHS_CG
12-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think there is a Mazzio's in Athens still too...

Yall are makin me hungry! lol

piratebg
12-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I ate at a Mazzios in either Temple or Belton.

LHPfactory
12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah Coopers in Llano is good and Fago De Chao is good but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

For a great steak I like Texas Land and Cattle, any location.

I heard the windswept burnt down in Oyster Creek years ago, did they rebuild?

I once ate at an old burger joint in Taylor, I think it was called Ferraris (sp?).... Awsome burger and great price. I was helping a friend who just built a home in Liberty Hill and was moving his family from Rockdale (smart move ;) ) Good for LH also, his son a 4 year old about the size of a 7 year old (i think he will be Emmerts replacement in a few years).

99IHSMustang
12-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Best place for steak that I have eaten has to be hands down Ruth's Chris

SWMustang
12-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Best place for steak that I have eaten has to be hands down Ruth's Chris

I've eaten there and at Perry's. I give Perry's the edge.

99IHSMustang
12-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I've eaten there and at Perry's. I give Perry's the edge.

I have never eaten there I might have to try it some time.

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Steak: Fogo de Chao

Mexican: Dunno which one's my favorite off the top of my head, but I'd have to say Mi Pueblito Ponce's in Bryan is up there

BBQ: Tough one. I'd go with either Cooper's in Llano or the Meat Market in Luling.

Chicken Fried Steak: NOBODY. The only two truly great CFS places I've ever been to have both gone the way of the dodo bird. Floyd's Ranch House in Ingleside (rated best CFS in the state by the Houston Chronicle in 1987) and the Brush Country Inn down in Riviera. Floyd Greene (owner of Floyd's) used to own a second restaurant out in Flour Bluff, but it was bought out about 20 years ago and is still living off Mr. Greene's name. He died a couple of years ago, and his restaurant here in Ingleside isn't the same. Different recipe for the CFS. Don't know what happened to the Brush Country Inn, but theirs was just as good. BCI had a CFS called the Brush Country Saddle Blanket that was over a foot long, about eight inches wide, and spilled over both sides of the plate.

There are three CFS's I've had that can now claim the "best." Bandera Grill in Huntsville, Trout Street Bar and Grill in Port Aransas, and (surprisingly) Cracker Barrel. I've eaten at many of the other CFS places that have a big legacy to follow (the Country Inn in Somerville, Sodolak's in Bryan, etc) and was disappointed every time.

Burgers: Another place that died, the Kokomo Kafe in Aransas Pass, has the best. Second-best has to go to Pelican's Landing in Port Aransas.

Pizza: Actually a chain, Gumby's Pizza. I think the only one in Texas is in College Station, but they're only in college towns. Athens, Madison, Gainesville, etc.

Chain: Fogo de Chao is technically a chain, but it's a small one that is still family owned, so I'm going to have to agree with Matt about the Texas Roadhouse. Great steaks and the bread just puts it over the top.

olddawggreen
12-27-2006, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ
[B]
Chicken Fried Steak: NOBODY. The only two truly great CFS places I've ever been to have both gone the way of the dodo bird. Floyd's Ranch House in Ingleside (rated best CFS in the state by the Houston Chronicle in 1987) and the Brush Country Inn down in Riviera. Floyd Greene (owner of Floyd's) used to own a second restaurant out in Flour Bluff, but it was bought out about 20 years ago and is still living off Mr. Greene's name. He died a couple of years ago, and his restaurant here in Ingleside isn't the same. Different recipe for the CFS.

Man, I spent many a late night, early morning eating CFS at Floyds off of SPID in Corpus back in the 70's. I think I remember it being open 24 hours, or at least it was open when all the clubs shut down. I never knew for sure, but I think the CFS was really good. It was always kinda like how some of the women get better lookin at closing time. There were some nights that they could have served me battered and fried cardboard and I would have thought it was the best I ever had.:D :D All joking aside, Floyds was known for their good food back then.:)

One of the most consistant resturants that I know of is the Kings Inn on Baffin Bay. It is greatttt.

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Burgers: Texas Hamburger Company (Best Angus burger I've ever had, and for under 5 bucks. Awesome!) All their burgers are top-notch and you better grab a handful of napkins, cuz you're gonna need them.
Mexican: Blancos Mexican Restaurant no.2 on Fredericksburg rd. in San Antonio. I've always been as happy as can be with everything I've eaten there. The early morning taco specials are a great value before 9am.
Mexican: Vallarta Grill (less than a mile from my house and it's fantastic every time).
Place to go for atmosphere and appetizers together: Mamacita's Restaurant and Cafe (you gotta love the deco and their fried portobello mushroom appetizer is very nice for the price) We have been known to order a couple of those and have a drink or two. Note: If you want a better portion on that select appetizer, ask the waitress/waiter if it is any good, to have them suspect you have never been there. It's underhanded but we have noticed you get bigger portions this way.
Best places on dressing for a salad:
Tie!
Back Street Cafe in Sinton. They have this Walnut Dressing that is omg good! Absolutely the best Thousand Island style dressing I have ever had(I'm NOT a thousand island dressing fan at all). It's perfect on their greens and the rest of the food there is pretty good, too.
The Astor in Corpus Christi. The Green Goddess dressing should be almost illegal with the amount of garlic in it. It's a guilty pleasure for the gahhh-lic lover in me. It kills vampires and you are immune from mosquitoes for two days guaranteed!

GetRDoneStangs
12-27-2006, 08:33 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by espn1
FOGO DE CHAO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hands down the best!

That place is awesome...I get a big kick out of turning over someone's (that is way beyond full) card to Green and whatch the boys start filling that plate up again!:D :D

Maroon87
12-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Saltgrass. I love that place.:cool:

There's a Fogo de Chao on Westheimer not far from my house but I've never been. I guess after reading this thread I'll have to investigate...;)

GetRDoneStangs
12-27-2006, 08:43 PM
There's a Fogo de Chao on Westheimer not far from my house but I've never been. I guess after reading this thread I'll have to investigate...

Go hungry and don't plan on doing anything for a while afterwards!

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Saltgrass. I love that place.:cool:

There's a Fogo de Chao on Westheimer not far from my house but I've never been. I guess after reading this thread I'll have to investigate...;)
It's not cheap, but it's soooo damned good. Think of it as an "all you can eat steak joint."

Maroon87
12-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Think of it as an "all you can eat steak joint."

I'll just make sure the ambulance is on standby...;)

Maroon87
12-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Go hungry and don't plan on doing anything for a while afterwards!

That's the same strategy I use when I go to Pappadeaux.:D

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'll just make sure the ambulance is on standby...;)
With a case of Pepcid.

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 09:58 PM
There are three CFS's I've had that can now claim the "best." Bandera Grill in Huntsville, Trout Street Bar and Grill in Port Aransas, and (surprisingly) Cracker Barrel. I've eaten at many of the other CFS places that have a big legacy to follow (the Country Inn in Somerville, Sodolak's in Bryan, etc) and was disappointed every time.

Pizza: Actually a chain, Gumby's Pizza. I think the only one in Texas is in College Station, but they're only in college towns. Athens, Madison, Gainesville, etc.

Chain: Fogo de Chao is technically a chain, but it's a small one that is still family owned, so I'm going to have to agree with Matt about the Texas Roadhouse. Great steaks and the bread just puts it over the top.
Have you tried LuLu's Jailhouse Cafe in SA?
as quoted from fofo:

Lulus jailhouse downtown san antonio. biggest cfs ive seen. they even serve it with cheese and jalapenos on top if you want. if you eat it all you get their 3 pound cinnimon roll free!!
I tried it and agree with him. Biggest and about the best around!:clap:
Were you talking about Gumbas for the pizza place?

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Russ, these are some pictures pirate44 originally posted on those CFSs from LuLu's. Enjoy!
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/1939/food017nz.jpg
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/582/food029ko.jpg
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/4237/food030yk.jpg
The last was the 3 pound cinnamon roll you can get there. Our family ate ONE for 3 days straight, for breakfast!
Please come back FOFO(the off-season is here)!!!:clap:

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I ate at Acapulco the last time I was in CC. I like Kiko's better!:D
I have always liked Kiko's! They have awesome fried mushrooms, too.:cool:

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Russ, these are some pictures pirate44 originally posted on those CFSs from LuLu's. Enjoy!
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/1939/food017nz.jpg
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/582/food029ko.jpg
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/4237/food030yk.jpg

Dang, that looks really good. I'll have to link up with you for some directions and a beer or two next time I'm in the SA area.

And the pizza place was Gumby's. (http://www.gumbyspizza.com/)

pirate4state
12-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I have always liked Kiko's! They have awesome fried mushrooms, too.:cool:

I have never eaten there. How are the prices. That's why I love Acapulco's - can't beat the price & the service is awesome!!

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I have never eaten there. How are the prices. That's why I love Acapulco's - can't beat the price & the service is awesome!!
I haven't been to Kikos in about ten years so I can't say what their prices are. It was priced very nice then, when they used to be in Annaville/Tuloso.:nerd: They moved off of Staples(I think) and are now more of
a tourist restaurant I've heard. They DID have the best fried mushrooms back when.
Where is Acapulco's?:confused:

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Dang, that looks really good. I'll have to link up with you for some directions and a beer or two next time I'm in the SA area.

And the pizza place was Gumby's. (http://www.gumbyspizza.com/)
lol
I think you did call for me to meet up with you there at LuLu's or Chris Madrid's. I apologize for not getting you to either place that Saturday:( Gimme a call a few days in advance and I'll make it worth your effort, Russ.:cool:

pirate4state
12-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Where is Acapulco's?:confused:

On Airline & McArdle across from Toys 'R Us.

SintonFan
12-27-2006, 11:41 PM
On Airline & McArdle across from Toys 'R Us.
Goodness, that's around the corner from my Grandma's!:doh:

SintonFan
12-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Gimby's 20" pizza looks like a great deal! (http://www.gumbyspizza.com/menus/WagonWheel.pdf) :clap:

LHMom
12-28-2006, 06:20 PM
If they have to be in Texas, I'd go with:

Jardin Del Rey in Leander. The Pechuga Jardin is amazing.
Cooper's BBQ in Llano. Best pork chop in the world!
Fisherman's Wharf in Galveson. My once-a-year pre-cruise stop. Great seafood and excellent bar service. :)