PDA

View Full Version : Phil, bring me up to speed

IHStangFan
12-26-2006, 09:05 AM
on the District 30-3A basketball standings both boys and girls. I know if anyone, you have been paying attention. Who are the teams/players to watch?

Thanks in advance amigo!

Phil C
12-26-2006, 10:49 AM
I haven't been to too many games yet. Right now schools are more involved in tournaments and I don't usually attend these because you never know when your team is going to play and sometimes where when multiple gyms are used. When they settle down into district I will be best able to keep up with it. Also bear in mind many teams still are not up to peak basketball contitioning due to lenthy runs into the playoffs. :)
But District starts next week and it should be interesting. From what I can tell though in the boys and girls look for West Oso to be the powerhouse in the district. The rest of the playoffs will probably be up for grabs and make an interesting season.
Aransas Pass boys have done great in the past but I think this is going to be a rebuilding year for them.
Will you be at any of the games?

pirate4state
12-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I've been wondering the same thing...
NOT!!! :devil:

Here is the info Caller Times has:

BOYS
Orange Grove 4-1 (more game info missing)
Sinton 5-5 (with a Three Rivers game that they didn't get results for)
Aransas Pass 5-6 (one game info missing)
West Oso 3-5 (some games missing)
Mathis 2-7
Ingleside 1-3 (again lots of game info missing)

*looks like district begins 1/12

GIRLS
Aransas Pass 11-5 (according to Caller Times AP has played Mathis & Orange Grove, but that may have been in a tourney)
West Oso 6-3
Orange Grove 6-7
Sinton 2-9
Ingleside 2-9
Mathis 1-7

and some of the girls games are missing too.

*looks like district begins 1/5

I know nothing about basketball, but if I had to guess I'd say:

West Oso, Orange Grove, Sinton/AP (BOYS)

Aransas Pass, West Oso & Orange Grove (GIRLS)

We'll see what Phil has to say. :)

Phil C
12-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Sinton did beat Three Rivers in a close game. I still think West Oso Girls are going to be the front runner in the district.

Phil C
12-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I think the Sinton boys will be competing for a shot at the playoffs. Our girls are in a rebuilding year and have some injuries. If they recover they might be able to fight for a spot in the playoffs also.
We have some good eighth grade girls coming to high school next year and they have the potential to be good at that level.

IHStangFan
12-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Hey, thanks for the info! Phil, I doubt I will be able to make any games this year. We are just going to be getting into our new house up here. I may try to get to a couple of my...."new home town" games in Needville. I'm now an official split fan...Ingleside/Needville. :)