PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys/Eagles

mchavez
12-25-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm calling it right now! After the Cowboys lose this game, both teams will win out, and play each other in the first round!!

TexanAlum_06
12-25-2006, 07:27 PM
If the cowboys keep playign liek they are now they will be one and done in the playoffs.

football4life
12-25-2006, 07:30 PM
the boys don't deserve to play in the playoffs, they are playing like their season is over, not like they have a chance to win the DIVISION for the first time since freaking Aikman. pissing me off.

injuredinmelee
12-25-2006, 07:31 PM
It is ridiculous that they cant run the ball any better than they are. I had to turn it off.

JJ7997
12-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by football4life
the boys don't deserve to play in the playoffs, they are playing like their season is over, not like they have a chance to win the DIVISION for the first time since freaking Aikman. pissing me off.

Bout time the cowboys fan get out of the 90's

football4life
12-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Bout time the cowboys fan get out of the 90's

for real. i figured that the idea of finally getting out of the shadow of the 90's might be a reason to be maybe the freaking slightest fired up. but, no, that would be too convenient. we bent over after the first series, and it was over from there.

Snydertigersrul
12-25-2006, 07:53 PM
It's time for a change, even with a change in head coaches. The defensive coordinator has to go. He is a holdover and I'm surprised that Parcells has kept him this long. The offense is too plain. Parcells needs to fire both coordinators.

mchavez
12-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Bill is too conservative!! Look what Sean payton is doing with NO, running trick plays, taking chances!! That could be the Cowboys, but no Bill is too scared!!

setxsports
12-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
It's time for a change, even with a change in head coaches. The defensive coordinator has to go. He is a holdover and I'm surprised that Parcells has kept him this long. The offense is too plain. Parcells needs to fire both coordinators. It's talent to.

formermbcouns
12-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm a diehard Cowboys fan but I have to admit...THEY SUCK!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Should have kicked a field goal when we had it down there early.

Snydertigersrul
12-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by **********
It's talent to.

There is ample talent to get to the Super Bowl. Even with the questionable coaching moves, they are in the playoffs.

JJ7997
12-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
There is ample talent to get to the Super Bowl. Even with the questionable coaching moves, they are in the playoffs.

There is not ample talent, the cowboys are also -rans. I cant believe even a cowboys fan would have the gall to mention them and the Super Bowl in the same sentence.

Old Tiger
12-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Cowboys suck :(

LitanyofFury
12-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Didn't matter if they won or lost. The Saints and Bears are heads and shoulders above the Cowboys and everyone else in the NFC.

For starters the Cowboys should:

1. Cut Roy Williams. Plenty of guys can lay hits. The more important part of being a safety is covering well and helping your DBs, something that Gooner still hasn't figured out.

2. Oust T. (eam) O. (bliterator). The guy is a fool and a huge distraction and hand or not. . .when it comes to crunch time he drops the ball.

3. Find some O-Linemen worth a damn. How terrible is Colombo? Marco Rivera USED to be a legit lineman and now he's so-so. . .saw him get burned easily several times tonight.

4. Find a gamebreaking RB and stick with him. Julius Jones is an AVERAGE running back and not as good as his brother Thomas. Barber is a hoss but still he's probably not the gamechanger ya need.

5. Get rid of Tuna and the coaching staff. Tuna is getting old and he's not a motivator. He stands on the sidelines and looks pissed off all game and like he can't believe what he's seeing. Well, coach, you're the one leading them. . .if they suck that obviously reflects on you.

6. It'll never happen until the guy dies, but get rid of Jerry Jones. Obviously Jones has succumbed to the $-signs over fielding a decent team. Bringing T.O. in was an asinine move designed to do nothing more than sell tickets and get press. Same with Bill Parcells. He does a good job with stadiums and whatnot but when it comes to fielding a team he's a horrid GM.

7. The Cowboys should tell all their fans to stop living in the past and to stop torturing themselves. Go cheer for a team that isn't as overhyped as the Domers and is actually worth watching. . .like the Titans.:D

Old Tiger
12-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Didn't matter if they won or lost. The Saints and Bears are heads and shoulders above the Cowboys and everyone else in the NFC.

1. Cut Roy Williams. Plenty of guys can lay hits. The more important part of being a safety is covering well and helping your DBs, something that Gooner still hasn't figured out.

2. Oust T. (eam) O. (bliterator). The guy is a fool and a huge distraction and hand or not. . .when it comes to crunch time he drops the ball.

3. Find some O-Linemen worth a damn. How terrible is Colombo? Marco Rivera USED to be a legit lineman and now he's so-so. . .saw him get burned easily several times tonight.

4. Find a gamebreaking RB and stick with him. Julius Jones is an AVERAGE running back and not as good as his brother Thomas. Barber is a hoss but still he's probably not the gamechanger ya need.

5. Get rid of Tuna and the coaching staff. Tuna is getting old and he's not a motivator. He stands on the sidelines and looks pissed off all game and like he can't believe what he's seeing. Well, coach, you're the one leading them. . .if they suck that obviously reflects on you.

6. It'll never happen until the guy dies, but get rid of Jerry Jones. Obviously Jones has succumbed to the $-signs over fielding a decent team. Bringing T.O. in was an asinine move designed to do nothing more than sell tickets and get press. Same with Bill Parcells. He does a good job with stadiums and whatnot but when it comes to fielding a team he's a horrid GM.

7. The Cowboys should tell all their fans to stop living in the past and to stop torturing themselves. Go cheer for a team that isn't as overhyped as the Domers and is actually worth watching. . .like the Titans.:D I'd trade Roy for draft picks and offensive lineman

Adidas410s
12-26-2006, 10:36 AM

7. The Cowboys should tell all their fans to stop living in the past and to stop torturing themselves. Go cheer for a team that isn't as overhyped as the Domers and is actually worth watching. . .like the Titans.:D

Geez...what do you like about the Cows???

1. You don't cut somebody like Roy Williams. You either trade him...or get him to bulk up and move to OLB and/or create a "rover" position and run a 3-3-rover-4 defense

2. TO's off the field stuff plays big for...wait for it...the people off the field. If it was REALLY an issue in the locker room then you would've heard something from SOMEBODY in the locker room. They don't care...you've heard from many guys that he's a good teammate and he's done a lot this year to help the progress of crayton, hurd, etc.

3. The o-line hasn't been bad this year. They've looked bad against the Giants at home and both times against the Eagles but that's about it. They've played surprisingly well and have done enough to allow this offense to have a chance to succeed.

4. Gamebreaking RB's aren't out there...and they haven't been since the 80's when there were 10-15 top level RB's in the league. These days you have Tomlinson on top and then Alexander, Johnsons (Lari and Rudi), Barber, and then it drops off more from there.

5. Parcells has done a good job in Dallas. The greatest??? Of course not...but any team that had QCar as their "franchise QB" will take sometime to overhaul. Take a look at how many starters are left from his first year. Off the top of my head you have Williams, Newman, Ellis (different position), Adams, and Witten (split time with Campbell initially). So he has had to replace 19 out of 22 starters from when he started. Maybe it's just me...but that's a pretty big turnover. Has he made mistakes? Of course. His biggest was not turning Peyton loose with offensive play calls and then letting him head to NO. He could've told Sean, "I'm staying for 1 or 2 years...and then I'll make sure that you're my replacement" and I bet Jerry would've gone for it. Zimmer can go too...the defensive is great on rush defense but struggles in deep pass coverage and in pressuring the QB.

6. You can't get rid of the owner moron. Also, he's made a lot of very good personel moves. You want to question the TO move and say it was made to sell tickets. It wasn't...they were already selling out the place so that really didn't make a big difference. A heavy majority of the seats were already sold as season tickets and there sure wasn't a problem selling the few thousand remaining seats for an individual game.

7. Vince Young is fun to watch...the Titans still aren't that exciting! ;)

Phil C
12-26-2006, 10:45 AM
This is alarming. Right now teams need to start winning to have momentum into the playoffs. Dallas does not have momentum. Right now if New Orleans wins next week they will have great momentum going into the playoffs as will Chicago. If Titans are able to get to playoffs they will have great momentum too like the Chargers. Eagles have momentum too.
It is hard to get this momentum in the playoffs.

gobbler grad
12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
after yesterday, just don't see Cowboys going very far...hope i'm wrong, but...........................:thinking:

Ingleside Fan
12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Oh NO we suck again!!!:doh:

Macarthur
12-26-2006, 05:24 PM

Obviously, NO proved it, but I'm still not convinced Chicago is all that.

Well, we all know that can't happen, especially since he just got his contract renewed. There are very few in the league that can hit like him. I think his game would improve greatly with a quality "centerfielder" playing next to him. They should have spent money on Chris Hope last off-season. He would have been perfect.

I'm with you here. I will be surprised if he's back. He has big numbers, but could have huge numbers if he played hard all the time.

There is always room for improvement, but the line hasn't been that bad this year. Actually, Columbo has had a very solid year. I will agree that Rivera has declined noticably. I think the guard spot is their weak link. They are mediocre at G.

Chicken & Egg with OL above. JJ & MB3 are a good combination. Nothing at all wrong there.

This is where I'm with you 100%. Parcells has been a .500 coach for the last decade. He has had some good moments and he's very good at personel. However, he continues to make glaring errors and his teams look unmotivated and poorly coached for BIG GAMES! That is inexcusable. They had three big home games this year: Giants, NO & Philly. Not only did they lose all three, they were not even competitive. That is flat out inexcusable. If you notice Jerry Jones comments after the game, I think he was illuding to the same thing.

I disagree. I think Jones has learned his lesson from the late 90's early 2000's when he was a bad GM. He knows he needs a football man. That's why he brought in Tuna. I also disagree on TO; I honestly think they thought he could push them over the top.

I really laughed at this one!

Go win 5 World Championships, "Titans fans", then come talk smack about Cowboy fans. Laughable. VY is fun to watch, but you think the Titans are more exciting to watch? Gimme a break. Hey, and don't be surprised if Jones runs off Tuna and your coach, Fisher, is on the Cowboys sideline very soon.

To say the Cowboys are over-hyped is funny. I suppose that's why they have almost all the highest watched telecasts for the networks each and every year, Over-hype?