PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get that...

big daddy russ
12-25-2006, 02:16 AM
USC/Texas feeling about this years' natty championship? Everyone seems to be completely writing off Florida.

JJ7997
12-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Not really, last years Texas team was a hell of alot better than Florida of this year. I also think this years Ohio State is better than either team in that game last year. Just MHO though. I dont really see Florida competing in this one. The SEC worshipers would have you believe otherwise.

Old Tiger
12-25-2006, 10:42 AM
It seems that more emphasis is on the USC/Michigan game to me...

Not much publication or talk about the NC game IMO.

big daddy russ
12-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Not really, last years Texas team was a hell of alot better than Florida of this year. I also think this years Ohio State is better than either team in that game last year. Just MHO though. I dont really see Florida competing in this one. The SEC worshipers would have you believe otherwise.
This is what I'm talking aboutl.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-25-2006, 10:49 AM
last year was the only time i saw a bowl game . It was two unbeatens and clearly the two best teams. Until they switch to a playoff system i am not that interested in how College football decides the best team.

JJ7997
12-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This is what I'm talking aboutl.

Its just an oppinion. I havent been impressed by Florida, so thats why I am writing them off, But my measly oppion wont matter anyway.

TMer25
12-25-2006, 12:51 PM
USC/Texas feeling about this years' natty championship? Everyone seems to be completely writing off Florida.

Definitely. It reminds me of I believe 1992 when Alabama snuck by lots of teams and not many gave them a chance against Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Then they pretty much dominated Miami.

carter08
12-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Definitely. It reminds me of I believe 1992 when Alabama snuck by lots of teams and not many gave them a chance against Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Then they pretty much dominated Miami.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER
GIVE EM HECK ALABAMA

bandera7
12-25-2006, 01:02 PM
IMO Texas last year would have beaten this years Ohio State team...with a player like Vince Young, you can beat anybody from any time period. And then last years defense...everything about last year was amazing. I think that Florida is going to surprise people. In the National Championship, emotions play a huge role, and Florida will be ready to play. Dont count them out just yet.

Alaska cat
12-25-2006, 01:11 PM
In my own opinion it should have been Michigan got a shot at Ohio State again, they are clearly the 2nd best team I believe. But the BCS guys didn't want a rematch game...for lack of a rubber match if Michigan wins..I guess..

Go figure..whole thing is a mess..bring on the playoffs!

Txbroadcaster
12-25-2006, 02:09 PM

I think the short term history makes it seem like Texas was a 20 point underdog and no one picked them. ALOT of "experts" and sportscasters picked Texas to win. Dallas Morning news the day of the game showed what a bunch of papers were predicting and it was like 25 picks and I think it was 14 for USC 11 for Texas. I know at one point the line had Texas a favorite, but I THINK it settled on USC at 3 points.

The ONLY two reasons it is treated like a world defying upset is the Espn talk of USC being the best team in history and all that jazz.

IMO it is nothing like last year..the build up last year was AMAZING. It was the two definite top best teams. The whole month of December was NOTHING but USC vs Texas..This year, the NC game is an afterthough.

JJ7997
12-25-2006, 03:39 PM
For the sake of good debate, can anyone state some reasons or things Florida might do to pull off the upset ?

Old Tiger
12-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Percy Harvin and Tim Tebow

JJ7997
12-25-2006, 04:29 PM
What do you think Floridas defense will do about all those weapons the Buckeyes have on offense ? I think #11 may have a big game.

Snydertigersrul
12-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
In my own opinion it should have been Michigan got a shot at Ohio State again, they are clearly the 2nd best team I believe. But the BCS guys didn't want a rematch game...for lack of a rubber match if Michigan wins..I guess..

Go figure..whole thing is a mess..bring on the playoffs!

The BCS title game doesn't have the two best teams. Michigan was sent to the Rose Bowl. Florida is OVERATED

LitanyofFury
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM

I don't know what you're smoking if you think the Bucks from '06 could even get within 3 TDs of either USC or Texas from '05. Their defense isn't comparable. Their playmakers aren't comparable. All you have to do is look at the stats. This year's Bucks team averaged 33 points a game. . .both USC/Texas last year averaged around 50. USC/Texas had 2 Heisman winners and the Heisman runner-up who happened to be better than everyone. They had a LOT of guys on the field that night that went pro and high in the draft.

Huff
Young
Thomas
Bush
Leinart
Latui
Justice

And those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Not to dog ya because it is only your opinion. Just, most everyone across the sports world agrees that this year in CFB is fairly weak compared to last year. Just look at how much of an impact the rookie class is making in the NFL this year. Ginn will get drafted high. . .Troy Smith is projected as a late 2nd round or 3rd round guy. . .umm. . .Florida. . .don't know of anyone that'll get drafted outta that senior class except maybe some D-linemen. Haven't really researched them.

Old Tiger
12-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury

Huff
Young
Thomas
Bush
Leinart
Latui
Justice

Cedric Griffin and Lindale White

IHStangFan
12-26-2006, 09:06 AM
USC/Texas feeling about this years' natty championship? Everyone seems to be completely writing off Florida. yup, I'm right on board w/ ya Russ

JJ7997
12-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
I don't know what you're smoking if you think the Bucks from '06 could even get within 3 TDs of either USC or Texas from '05. Their defense isn't comparable. Their playmakers aren't comparable. All you have to do is look at the stats. This year's Bucks team averaged 33 points a game. . .both USC/Texas last year averaged around 50. USC/Texas had 2 Heisman winners and the Heisman runner-up who happened to be better than everyone. They had a LOT of guys on the field that night that went pro and high in the draft.

Huff
Young
Thomas
Bush
Leinart
Latui
Justice

And those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Not to dog ya because it is only your opinion. Just, most everyone across the sports world agrees that this year in CFB is fairly weak compared to last year. Just look at how much of an impact the rookie class is making in the NFL this year. Ginn will get drafted high. . .Troy Smith is projected as a late 2nd round or 3rd round guy. . .umm. . .Florida. . .don't know of anyone that'll get drafted outta that senior class except maybe some D-linemen. Haven't really researched them.

Ok, what I said was a stretch and you called me out. I'm just saying that Ohio State is alot better than Florida and thats just what I think. On the other hand, even if everyone thinks 05 UT and USC were the two greatest college teams of all time, that may also be a stretch. Texas was all about Vince Young and he's basically the only way they won it. USC was mortal as well, and played in alot of close games that year that they should have lost. ie: Notre Dame and a couple Pac 10 games.

LitanyofFury
12-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Ok, what I said was a stretch and you called me out. I'm just saying that Ohio State is alot better than Florida and thats just what I think. On the other hand, even if everyone thinks 05 UT and USC were the two greatest college teams of all time, that may also be a stretch. Texas was all about Vince Young and he's basically the only way they won it. USC was mortal as well, and played in alot of close games that year that they should have lost. ie: Notre Dame and a couple Pac 10 games.

Ok, I definitely agree with ya there. I think Ohio State is head and shoulders above Florida. Don't count the Gators out or anything, but they've been squeaking by all season even against inferior competition.

I also wouldn't go so far as to saw USC/Texas '05 were the greatest teams of all time. Kinda hard to make that call considering how the game has developed over the years and whatnot. Nebraska 95' and a few of those older teams were pretty dominant. I just think the hype machine rolled harder for the '05 championship than it ever has or ever will. And the BCS actually got #1 vs. #2 which made the game even bigger. Plus all the Heisman stuff.

I'm looking forward to USC vs. Michigan more. Oh yeah. . .and Notre Shame vs. LSU because I'm going to love seeing the Domers get annihilated. . .AGAIN. . .and make it 9 bowl losses in a row.;)

big daddy russ
12-27-2006, 02:49 AM
What do you think Floridas defense will do about all those weapons the Buckeyes have on offense ? I think #11 may have a big game.
The same thing they did against all those big weapons Arkansas had. I'm not a Florida fan, but they have one of the top five defenses in the nation and won the toughest conference in the nation. They'll show up to play.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-27-2006, 03:11 AM
I think this game will be as close as Miami and Nebraska a few years back. BCS might have gotten it wrong but what can we do? I'd go put some money down on Ohio State is what I'd do.

JasperDog94
12-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry Michigan. If you can't win your conference, then you don't deserve a shot at the National title.