PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts For LH

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok lets create a scenario for next year.

Celina was the reigning 2A Champion....and everyone was gunning for us...

To get the proper feeling ..since you just won a 3A State Championship.

Hypothetically Move yourself to 4A next year, go 15-0 into the Big Game and get beat in the final 6 seconds of the Championship game by a field goal....you don't belong there right?

Think you are up for it.?

Thats just exactly what Celina did....kind of a longshot isn't it?. But that is the reality of it all...and you've had your glory.

Congrats on the Crown, and Good luck next year and an encore performance in 3A....But everyone will be gunning for you. Just as they were for Celina this year.

But IF you are going to win it all again or someone else...somewhere along the line

The Road to a 3A state Championship will go through Celina...BUT the pressure will be on you this time:)

Dogman_1969
12-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey Alaska Cat...

I'm not from LH or Celina but here is my take on next year. After watching LH "Do what they Do" to everyone in the playoffs, I'd say they should be ranked #1 going into next year.

Here is my reason. Everyone talks about Bode this, Allman (who will be back next year), and the three headed monster being LH's weapon. Their weapon is the 5 big men up front who opened up holes for those guys. Of the 5 lineman I think there are 3 sophomores and a junior. Sure they will have to replace the QB and both HB's but they will be back next year.

If you don't think so look at the state championship program. They are graduating a small group of seniors and are replacing them with a group that is 38-0 since the 7th grade. They will be back..............

clemsmarina
12-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Ok lets create a scenario for next year.

Celina was the reigning 2A Champion....and everyone was gunning for us...

To get the proper feeling ..since you just won a 3A State Championship.

Hypothetically Move yourself to 4A next year, go 15-0 into the Big Game and get beat in the final 6 seconds of the Championship game by a field goal....you don't belong there right?

Think you are up for it.?

Thats just exactly what Celina did....kind of a longshot isn't it?. But that is the reality of it all...and you've had your glory.

Congrats on the Crown, and Good luck next year and an encore performance in 3A....But everyone will be gunning for you. Just as they were for Celina this year.

But IF you are going to win it all again or someone else...somewhere along the line

The Road to a 3A state Championship will go through Celina...BUT the pressure will be on you this time:)

Whatever.....
Moving from 2a to 3a is a lot of numbers different than moving from 3a to 4a. I'm sure you have some stats to go with this!

Alaska cat
12-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Thats cool, we loose 3 on each side of the ball also, You may well be #1...Good for you, we were ranked nowhere when the year started...and moved along as theyear went on..I think we learned a tad from this year,, and it could have still went either way at the drop of the hat.

We will be around, and our JV hasn't been beaten either since pee wees, so we will not loose anything. Most of the starters this year were sophmores and Juniors,

Th e so called three headed monster is pretty good, and I think we should have learned a couple of things about it, so good luck on the trip through the playoffs next year and hopefully a rematch. But whoever winds up playing you will have to go through us to do it.

So have a Merry XMass...and see you in 364 days:):hand:

Alaska cat
12-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Whatever.....
Moving from 2a to 3a is a lot of numbers different than moving from 3a to 4a. I'm sure you have some stats to go with this!

sure there are but I'm sure you don't want to be bothered with them......but the facts remains the same!...step up there and find out:nerd: Its still never been done before...

Ranger Mom
12-25-2006, 02:02 AM
WOW!! The game was over last night and it is still a MDIBTY thing!!:D :D

Alaska cat
12-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Actually it was a compliment and a heads up all at the same time.Ranger Mom...nothing derogatory,

but what in the world is a MDIBTY thing!!??

marlin fan
12-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Actually it was a compliment and a heads up all at the same time.Ranger Mom...nothing derogatory,

but what in the world is a MDIBTY thing!!?? Check PM's

big daddy russ
12-25-2006, 04:18 AM
...But whoever winds up playing you will have to go through us to do it.

So have a Merry XMass...and see you in 364 days:):hand:
What happens if they don't wind up having to go through you. What happens if you lose to Royse City, Brownsboro, or another R2 team who loses to a R1 team?

Next year is still a ways off. A lot can happen between now and then. Celina has a phenomenal program, but it takes skill and a little bit of luck to do it consistently.

Good luck to both teams next year.

EAGLE9166
12-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Congrats From one STATE CHAMPION TO ANOTHER, WAY TO GO LIBERTY HILL FROM THEM TATUM EAGLES.

Alaska cat
12-25-2006, 12:43 PM
What happens if they don't wind up having to go through you. What happens if you lose to Royse City, Brownsboro, or another R2 team who loses to a R1 team?

Next year is still a ways off. A lot can happen between now and then. Celina has a phenomenal program, but it takes skill and a little bit of luck to do it consistently.

Anything is possible I guess, but for that scenario to be true, Celina would have to fail to make the playoffs.....not real likely for that to happen. Whoever is going to make the journey is going to have to beat Celina to be able to do it.

Royse City has never been able to do it, but then they are Div 1. The others will have to step up to the plate and most likely do something they have never done before.

Thats just history in a nut shell

pirate4state
12-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Is it ever NOT about MDIBTY???? :devil: :devil:

luvhoops34
12-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

L M A O :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alaska cat
12-26-2006, 03:18 AM
I'll leave it go at that..see you all next year..have a Happy and prosperous New Year to all of you.

The MDIBTY thing!! can resume in like August:D :D :D

Old Tiger
12-26-2006, 08:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken I heard that big #4 will be a RB next year?

LH Panther Mom
12-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
If I'm not mistaken I heard that big #4 will be a RB next year?
He might be, but who knows at this point? LOTS of time for replacements to be determined.