PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Division 2 State Championship...

kaorder1999
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Wish I could have been there. Congrats to both teams for getting there.

Liberty Hill, winning the State Championship is something that you will never forget. Your offseason starts Monday so get ready to defend your title.

Celina, congrats on getting there. Many people didn't think you had a chance in hell after moving to 3A from winning it in 2A. You proved a lot of people wrong including myself. There are a lot of teams in Class 3A that could only dream of making it to the State Championship. What a great coaching staff!

ON A SIDE NOTE....

Yes I was cheering for Liberty Hill mainly because I believe some Celina fans and also posters are annoying as all get out. As predicted by another poster immediately the "we played like crap" and "we freaking gave it to them" cards were played by some Celina fans I know that were at the game that I talked to on the phone. "We should have won this game by 3 scores." Imagine if Celina had won this game and that came out of the mouth of a Liberty Hill fan??

Cameron Crazy
12-24-2006, 04:40 PM
congrtas LH!!

Adidas410s
12-24-2006, 04:41 PM
This is all because you don't like the color orange!!! ;)

Chris Hart
12-24-2006, 04:47 PM
No offense to Celina or their fans, but, those uniforms are the ugliest things I've ever seen, lol. I've heard the all orange ones are just as bad, but I wouldn't think so. You have to be good to play in something like that, lol, and they were...

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 04:48 PM
SIDE NOTE: (sorry, this is gonna be a girly comment :D )

Kellye & I noticed that on the jumbo tron the Celina uniforms looked red & much nicer than what we were seeing on the field. :p :p :p

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

ON A SIDE NOTE....

Yes I was cheering for Liberty Hill mainly because I believe some Celina fans and also posters are annoying as all get out. As predicted by another poster immediately the "we played like crap" and "we freaking gave it to them" cards were played by some Celina fans I know that were at the game that I talked to on the phone. "We should have won this game by 3 scores." Imagine if Celina had won this game and that came out of the mouth of a Liberty Hill fan??

That was me and I am sorry to have expressed my opinion. I'll do a better job from this point on. I still thought this was a board to discuss the games before and after the fact. Guess I was wrong again.
*puts on purple glasses and yells Who ya rootin for L-H-H-S!*
*gets sick*
*puts subject to bed.*

See ya next year!

Adidas410s
12-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
No offense to Celina or their fans, but, those uniforms are the ugliest things I've ever seen, lol. I've heard the all orange ones are just as bad, but I wouldn't think so. You have to be good to play in something like that, lol, and they were...

it's not as much the unis as the plain orange helmets...they just kill me they're so bad.

Matthew328
12-24-2006, 05:02 PM
those plain orange helmets are awful..can we get a white "C" on them or something?

Chris Hart
12-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
it's not as much the unis as the plain orange helmets...they just kill me they're so bad. Maybe that's what it was, lol. All I know is they weren't very attractive. Maybe they are after that blue collar thing, nothing flashy, just workmanlike. However, I do remember them on TV a few years ago with a big C(?) on their helmet, looked much better IMO:)

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 05:22 PM
They looked red on the video board :D

Adidas410s
12-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Maybe that's what it was, lol. All I know is they weren't very attractive. Maybe they are after that blue collar thing, nothing flashy, just workmanlike. However, I do remember them on TV a few years ago with a big C(?) on their helmet, looked much better IMO:)

yeah they used to have the orange C on a white helmet if memory serves me correct. They need that look back...

TexanAlum_06
12-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Liberty Hill, winning the State Championship is something that you will never forget. Your offseason starts Monday so get ready to defend your title.

That is very True... I experienced it last year and it is a feeling like no other! But the 2nd part is true as well. Congrats to LH.enjoy the victory.. but you better start preparing for next year! Because now the Cat is out of the bag and every team will be gunning for you now and yall now have a Big RED Bullseye on yalls back. Wimberley experienced the same thing this year. Next year will be even tougher!

Matthew328
12-24-2006, 05:29 PM
or at least put a white c on the orange helmet...just something! LOL

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 08:29 PM
If we are talking about style points every one and their dog knows Purple clashes with black, espedcially when worn by a panther....You should really get a descent set of cloths for that Cat....that is the homliest cat mascot I have ever seen in my life, more resdembled a large rat....right Benny?:)

kaorder1999
12-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That was me and I am sorry to have expressed my opinion. I'll do a better job from this point on. I still thought this was a board to discuss the games before and after the fact. Guess I was wrong again.
*puts on purple glasses and yells Who ya rootin for L-H-H-S!*
*gets sick*
*puts subject to bed.*

See ya next year!

wasnt talking about you....talking about 2 Celina fans i talked to on the phone after the game...

bobcat1
12-25-2006, 11:24 AM
wasnt talking about you....talking about 2 Celina fans i talked to on the phone after the game...
Twas Sarcasm anyway. LOL

LH Panther Mom
12-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Why shouldn't we discuss it and give our opinions? It was a heck of a game!

*puts on purple glasses *
*gets sick*

I'd get sick too if I were looking at orange through purple glasses or vice versa....not a pretty combination. :p

bobcat1
12-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why shouldn't we discuss it and give our opinions? It was a heck of a game!

I'd get sick too if I were looking at orange through purple glasses or vice versa....not a pretty combination. :p
Some folks don't like my opinions and think it takes away from LH's victory. That is not what I intended at all. I think y'all played a heck of a game. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Some folks don't like my opinions and think it takes away from LH's victory. That is not what I intended at all. I think y'all played a heck of a game. :clap: :clap: :clap:
:eek: :eek: Dang! I thought I was the only person that some folks didn't like my opinions. ;)

Balcones fault
12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Having previously lived in Celina, we couldn't get rid of the orange gear quick enough when we moved from there. We seem to have no problem with burnt orange though. :)

It certainly was an exciting game to listen to on the webcast. Congrats to the LH team and fans!

And BTW, the prevailing opinion from my listening post(myself plus a 3A veteran fan (Greenwood)) was that Celina didn't take advantage of scoring opportunities. To say they gifted LH with the win is probably an emotional response, but there is some truth in that statement, IMO.

Perhaps there will be a rematch next year.

LHPfactory
12-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
3A veteran fan (Greenwood)) was that Celina didn't take advantage of scoring opportunities. To say they gifted LH with the win is probably an emotional response, but there is some truth in that statement, IMO.

Perhaps there will be a rematch next year.

Celina was denied scoring opportunities by the LH defense (fail to convert is fail to convert). Conversley LH gifted Celina with a dropped pass in the endzone, and 3 fumbles. 1 T/O in LH terratory and 2 in the redzone. And last , the ref that was playing for Celina's secondary, He slowed down Bode enough for the Celina Dbacks to get the steps, that would have went for 6, no ands ifs or buts!

rundoe
12-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
If we are talking about style points every one and their dog knows Purple clashes with black, espedcially when worn by a panther....You should really get a descent set of cloths for that Cat....that is the homliest cat mascot I have ever seen in my life, more resdembled a large rat....right Benny?:)

Jeez, Picking on the MASCOT!!!! Thats just plain sad. Then asking Benny for back up, are you really THAT bored?

I think I must be the only person on the board that doesn't think Celina's uniforms are ugly. They looked fine to me. (I told Bobcat this in a PM I think.

bobcat1
12-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Jeez, Picking on the MASCOT!!!! Thats just plain sad. Then asking Benny for back up, are you really THAT bored?

I think I must be the only person on the board that doesn't think Celina's uniforms are ugly. They looked fine to me. (I told Bobcat this in a PM I think.

You Did??? Oh Yea you did.:p My sometimers kicked in.;)

BobcatBenny
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Gonna have to agree with that! :D

Celina clearly won the Mascot State Championship!:eek:

buff4ever
12-26-2006, 05:23 PM
haven't seen celinas uniforms so i have no verbage on that. But congrats to LH on the victory, Games are not given away this late in the playoffs they ar taken. Some teams may fail to take it when they have the chance (giddings included), but that doesn't mean they gave the game away. LH took the state championship, go enjoy it.