PDA

View Full Version : Maroon87

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 03:15 PM
How does Calallen baseball look this year or do I even need to ask?? ;) That district is gonna be very, very interesting!!! :clap: :clap: Come on SPRING!!! :D

Maroon87
12-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How does Calallen baseball look this year or do I even need to ask?? ;) That district is gonna be very, very interesting!!! :clap: :clap: Come on SPRING!!! :D

We should have a pretty good chance to pick up some more UIL hardware this year. However, our region got even tougher with Moody dropping down so it'll be even more of a dogfight than usual come playoff time.:D

How is Sinton shaping up? If we play ya'll again this year we're gonna have to have a little M&G.

luvhoops34
12-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Is Moody in yalls district? If so, that would make it one of the toughest baseball districts in the state.

CalallenWildcat
12-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Is Moody in yalls district? If so, that would make it one of the toughest baseball districts in the state.

No, Moody is in GP's district. So there's a 2-headed monster in that district and a 2-headed monster with us and Robstown in our district.

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We should have a pretty good chance to pick up some more UIL hardware this year. However, our region got even tougher with Moody dropping down so it'll be even more of a dogfight than usual come playoff time.:D

How is Sinton shaping up? If we play ya'll again this year we're gonna have to have a little M&G.

We lost 3 starting seniors, return some great young talent. Things look promising once again in Pirate land. :thumbsup: I'm sure we'll be in the Calallen tourney again this year. I haven't seen a schedule yet, but I'll let you know!! :)

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
No, Moody is in GP's district. So there's a 2-headed monster in that district and a 2-headed monster with us and Robstown in our district.

Moody, Robstown & Calallen in the same district - LOOK OUT!!! :eek: All GREAT programs!!! :clap:

haha - nevermind....I just read your post!!! :doh: :nerd: Oh well, Moody in 4A is just crazy.

Maroon87
12-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Moody, Robstown & Calallen in the same district - LOOK OUT!!! :eek: All GREAT programs!!! :clap:

haha - nevermind....I just read your post!!! :doh: :nerd: Oh well, Moody in 4A is just crazy.

We thought they were gonna be in our district initially. That would've been insane!

My brother in law played for Moody in the early 90s and he's already running his mouth about how Moody is gonna have a cakewalk through 4A. I can't wait for his reality check.:D

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We thought they were gonna be in our district initially. That would've been insane!

My brother in law played for Moody in the early 90s and he's already running his mouth about how Moody is gonna have a cakewalk through 4A. I can't wait for his reality check.:D

Are you kidding? It would have been so much fun, of course I can say that as a 3A rat. :p It's all good for South Texas baseball!! :thumbsup:

Cakewalk??? Don't think so!!! LOL!!

big daddy russ
12-24-2006, 04:29 PM
For about 15 or 20 weeks (at different points in time) in the late-90's and early-00's, Moody was the top team in the nation.

Maroon87
12-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
For about 15 or 20 weeks (at different points in time) in the late-90's and early-00's, Moody was the top team in the nation.

My bro in law pulls that card quite frequently.;)

CalallenWildcat
12-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Yes, but I believe we have also beaten them a few times in recent years. Could be wrong on that.

Top teams in 4A Region 4A are, IMO: (in no particular order) Calallen, New Braunfels, Robstown, Moody, GP

GP might be down this year; we will see what they return, but in 2005 they were the only team that forced us to extra innings in the playoffs.

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Yes, but I believe we have also beaten them a few times in recent years. Could be wrong on that.

Top teams in 4A Region 4A are, IMO: (in no particular order) Calallen, New Braunfels, Robstown, Moody, GP

GP might be down this year; we will see what they return, but in 2005 they were the only team that forced us to extra innings in the playoffs.

I don't know that I'd really put Gp up there, but then again we have history. :p :D :D ;) j/k guys - you know I love to hate you!!! :devil: :inlove: