PDA

View Full Version : Charley Waldrep

Chris Hart
12-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I was thoroughly impressed with this kid! I read the article about he and his father before the game, and his father mentioned how he used to go around defenders with slick moves when he played, but the younger Waldrep will lower his head and initiate the contact. I thought at the time, with the younger Waldrep's limited size, why? After watching him, i now see why. The kid is an artist at squaring his shoulders and lowering his head and taking on the defender straight up. He has deceptive power and his ability to use this maneuver properly like he does, it keeps the defender from being able to get a grip anywhere on him and he breaks ALOT of tackles. He does it as well as anyone I've seen on the high school level, and he doesn't even have the prototype build for it. Other high school power runners could afford to watch some tape on this kid, and learn how to do it properly. It's a move that is very under utilized, but very pretty to watch when done properly. I appreciated the skill the young man has, and his running mentality...:clap:

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I agree Chris!! Thanks for putting it into words. I just could not believe the determination of this kid!!! :clap: He took hit after hit and kept coming!!! :thumbsup: Very impressed with him!!! :thumbsup:

OldNavy
12-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Great observation! I saw him last year as a freshman and thought I had never seen a tailback that could carry so much momentum through a cut. He still seems to have that ability and his ability to run through tackles is remarkable.

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Yup and we will have him for two more years. As a Senior he should be a huge forse to reckon with...like he isn't a handful now:)

Chris Hart
12-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I'd take that Cat on my team anyday...

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:53 PM
And his partner in crime #27 Troy Mc Cartney is a sophomore also. He is the best all out kid I have seen. He will blow a hole for Charley or run it himself. You may remember him. He was the kid that leaped and snatched that pooch kick out of the air that was given back to Liberty Hill. Yea he plays all out! 2 sophomore back for 2 more years! Wow!:D

Dogman_1969
12-24-2006, 10:45 PM
I watched Celina play for the first time yesterday. They are a well coached team, great young athletes that play with heart and class.

I'd love to see them play somewhere along the way next year.....