PDA

View Full Version : Re: Celina, Everyone was right

kepdawg
12-24-2006, 02:39 PM
It appears that everyone was right and that Celina cannot compete on the 3A level. :rolleyes: In order to better prepare for the 3A playoffs, Celina has made the following changes to its schedule for 2007. Hopefully the non-district games will have them prepared for what should be a competitive district (Celina has contacted the UIL and will replace Wylie in district 9-5A, but will still represnt district 9-3A in the playoffs). If all of the Bobcats are from Plano anyway, why not play in a district with Plano? ;) Good luck to the Bobcats in 2007! :D

Non-district
@ Cedar Hill
@ Euless Trinity
@ SLC
District 9-5A
@ Richardson Berkner
Richardson
@ Allen
Plano
@ Plano East
Plano West
@ Lake Highlands
Playoffs
Week 1 of 3A playoffs
Week 2 of 3A playoffs
Week 3 of 3A playoffs
Week 4 of 3A playoffs
Week 5 of 3A playoffs
3A State Championship

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
[B]It appears that everyone was right and that Celina cannot compete on the 3A level.

They have proven they can compete on the 3A level. No question about that.

They are a great football team and will be a force again next year with so many players coming back.

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 08:52 PM
I like the preseason Schedule as posted...but you know what wont work?

Those teams wont play them...

Some upper class teams have been contacted in the past and this is the usual thoughts on it.
No...we have nothing to gain and everything to loose...if they lost , there would be hell to pay, and mass embarassment.

Remember they have beaten SLC before, and as recently as 2002 or 2003 at 7 on 7

In a hypothetical sense..if they played that pre season schedule, I doubt seriously they would loose them all...

All those teams going into a game with Celina would take it as ..You Got To BE joking right? ..and would be flat going in

the odds would be 99-1 against Celina, and I would take a shot for a little. ....

On any Sunday. (Friday Night)..stranger things have happend

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 08:57 PM
It appears that everyone was right and that Celina cannot compete on the 3A level. :rolleyes: In order to better prepare for the 3A playoffs, Celina has made the following changes to its schedule for 2007. Hopefully the non-district games will have them prepared for what should be a competitive district (Celina has contacted the UIL and will replace Wylie in district 9-5A, but will still represnt district 9-3A in the playoffs). If all of the Bobcats are from Plano anyway, why not play in a district with Plano? ;) Good luck to the Bobcats in 2007! :D

Non-district
@ Cedar Hill
@ Euless Trinity
@ SLC
District 9-5A
@ Richardson Berkner
Richardson
@ Allen
Plano
@ Plano East
Plano West
@ Lake Highlands
Playoffs
Week 1 of 3A playoffs
Week 2 of 3A playoffs
Week 3 of 3A playoffs
Week 4 of 3A playoffs
Week 5 of 3A playoffs
3A State Championship Yea but Kep, even then we still wouldn't have played anyone...... anyone that is in 3A. :doh:

JJ7997
12-24-2006, 09:14 PM

Non-district
@ Cedar Hill
@ Euless Trinity
@ SLC
District 9-5A
@ Richardson Berkner
Richardson
@ Allen
Plano
@ Plano East
Plano West
@ Lake Highlands
Playoffs
Week 1 of 3A playoffs
Week 2 of 3A playoffs
Week 3 of 3A playoffs
Week 4 of 3A playoffs
Week 5 of 3A playoffs
3A State Championship

LMAO

Hansum Stranger
12-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat

Those teams wont play them...

That's and old argument that holds no water at all. I've seen first hand Coach Ford turn down a chance to play other 3A teams.

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Yup...because it might not fit into what he is trying to accomplish pre season..usually a step up in competition.....to drop back into a regualr schedule...that way at the end he hasd already played playoff teams

Like this year Robinson, Liberty Christian, etc

If it was some sucky 3A team...he might not want to because it wouldn't help anything he is trying to accomplish...food for thought

I personally have been lobbying for Celina to play Colony High or Kenai Central in Anchorage..both are Habitually Alaska playoff teams and Kenai Central is to Alaska small schools what Celina is to Texas.

Colony in Wasila was 2nd with the big schools this year. but all in all would be an even match because of competition levels. Colony has over 2000 sturdents..but only about 50 play football, and the season is only Aug into oct complete with state.

But what a PR boon for both communites...and I think I can get it heavily subsidized....for expenses etc.

ESPN covered Barrow/Delta Junction this year, above the Arctic Cirle..they would jump on this match up...

Cameron Crazy
12-24-2006, 10:38 PM
I knew this would spark some thing!

lhpantherdad
12-25-2006, 01:29 AM
It appears that everyone was right and that Celina cannot compete on the 3A level.

How can you say such a thing???

Celina can compete and proved it by going undefeated in 3A until LH won in the last few seconds.

kepdawg
12-25-2006, 01:51 AM
I have just been informed that Euless Trinity has backed out. Coach Lineweaver felt that although the game was scheduled to be played at Trinity's home stadium, Pennington Field, that Celina would actually have the home field advantage due to Celina's past successes at Pennington. Celina is looking to replace Trinity and has contacted Todd Dodge about a game at Fouts Field against UNT.

Daddy D 11
12-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Liberty Hill already talked to Dodge...UNT is our homecoming :D