PDA

View Full Version : Giddings at Manor

Pudlugger
10-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Well I gotta say, Manor will take this one. Giddings has shown nothing since they caught Yoakum napping last month. Meanwhile, Manor comes out of a dogfight with La Grange at home with a play-off spot now on the line. Manor's speed and passing game will be the difference. :cool:

Manor 21
Giddings 14

lepfan
10-12-2003, 05:09 PM
I agree Pud the word from Giddings is the O is on vacation...maybe they will stay there... :D

tigerSville_04
10-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah Manor will take that game. Giddings is all talk. Even tho we lost 15-7 to them they are weak. Ill say Manor wins 24-7

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-12-2003, 07:41 PM
I'm not too sure about this years team, but usually Giddings just secures wins. In other words they don't have to go all out to win games I think they just make sure they got the game won, and play defense the remainder of the game. I wish they would actually win games by a big margin though. Well Good Luck to both teams.
I STILL WANT MY BUFFS TO WIN SO GO BUFFS GO.
Giddings 17
Manor 14.

buffalo booster
10-13-2003, 10:29 AM
If Giddings is going to win this one, it's going to have to rely on its defense. Buffs have only given up 66 points in six games, and nobody's scored more than 15 in any game.

Offense is still struggling. Finally scored a couple of offensive TDs last week (first two in last three games), but they came on an early breakaway run on the second play from scrimmage, and a short drive late in the 4th quarter. No sustained drives throughout the game.

We've got a decent running back, but you can't keep riding the same horse and hope to win. If the Buffs are going to win, it will need to be a low scoring game. Hate to pick against the Buffaloes, but I predicted early on that this would be one of their toughest games of the year...

gochargers!!
10-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Buffs win...

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-13-2003, 06:59 PM
GO BUFFS GO
GIDDINGS BY A FIELD GOAL.
GO BUFFS GO

Mustang '89
10-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Manor has to secure at least one win from the big three in district 24AAA (La Grange, Giddings, Elgin). I think La Grange gave them a taste of what playoff football will be like. Weaknesses were exposed, and I'm confident the coaching staff will address those issues this week. If the offense can give the D some rest with a few long drives, Manor will be able to win this one.

Mustangs- 21
Buffs- 8

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-14-2003, 12:58 PM
GIDDINGS WINS BY 4 TD'S.........UMM...probably not...lol.
Well hope Giddings "D" can stop the power of the Mustangs.
Most likey Manor has this one but u never know,
Giddings by a field goal.
GO BUFFS GO.

keep_it_real
10-14-2003, 02:33 PM
I say Giddings wins this by 2 touchdowns.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-14-2003, 04:19 PM
well I really hope so.
GO BUFFS GO

GoForIt
10-14-2003, 05:58 PM
This game could go either way. But I guess since La Grange beat Manor by only 10, then Manor must be some shocking force, right?

offensive coach
10-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Honestly this will be one of the best games of the district this year. I see Giddings pulling off a close one. Manor just can't win the big games. Last year the same situation was at hand and the buffaloes knocked off Manor to secure a playoff spot.

Giddings 13
Manor 10

Pudlugger
10-14-2003, 06:47 PM
GoForIt:
This game could go either way. But I guess since La Grange beat Manor by only 10, then Manor must be some shocking force, right?They are a good football team with several very talented players.

Mustang '89
10-14-2003, 10:51 PM
offensive coach:
Honestly this will be one of the best games of the district this year. I see Giddings pulling off a close one. Manor just can't win the big games. Last year the same situation was at hand and the buffaloes knocked off Manor to secure a playoff spot.

Giddings 13
Manor 10Different year, different team.

cant stop me
10-15-2003, 01:14 AM
giddings by 1 td good luck to both teams

buffalo booster
10-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Giddings D will keep them in the game. But the offense has got to improve. Just in case the coaches need my help:

I would give the ball to Philip at least 10 times. The kid runs hard and will get some yardage. Also, it will take some of the pressure off Dwayne, who is averaging 20 carries a game. Last three opponents seemed to be keying on him. Giving the ball to another RB might open things up for him when he does get the carry.

We need to spread out the Manor D. The line has been stacked against us lately. Passes to Brian behind the line of scrimmage won't do it. Go deep to Trent once or twice. Even if they are not complete, the defensive backs will need to stay back to respect the pass.

If we run sweep right, sweep left, sweep right again, it's going to be a long night.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-15-2003, 04:15 PM
GIDDINGS BY A FIELD GOAL,
GO BUFFS GO.
by the way is it in Manor or Giddings??

Mustang '89
10-15-2003, 04:41 PM
It's in Manor!!!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Thankzzz

GO BUFFS GO

Is there any more fans/students on this forum from Giddings....geeze, there is hardly anybody that gets on this forum and backs up Giddings.
But anyways,
GO BUFFS GO

duckbutter
10-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I'm still mad about Giddings beating us a couple of yrs ago.
Manor by 14

buffalo booster
10-16-2003, 11:09 AM
That game was one of the best football games that I had seen in years. Both teams played well and neither team deserved to lose. Giddings won it late on a halfback pass.

We know we were fortunate to get away with that one. Newton was probably the best team that the Buffs played in the playoffs - better even than La Grange, who beat us in the next round.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah, Newton vs Giddings back in 01-02, man what a game, the score stayed tight the entire game, It had several lead changes, but Giddings pulled off a very lucky win...thanks to the class of 02' which had a good group of strong/big/athletic players, oh and of course thanks to one of the best coaches ever(my opinion).
But anyways, Giddings vs Manor,
C'mon BUFFS GO STOMP ON THOSE MUSTANGS.
GO BUFFS GO.

mustang#51
10-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Personaly, i don't think giddings is ready for us (manor) blow out!!!! bottom line

offensive coach
10-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Now Mustang #51 yall won't blow us out. The buffs defense is very fast and strong. This going to be a low scoring game and it may go to any team. Mustang #51 I'll be at the game you better show me something. Just kidding Mustang I hope you have a good game just don't expect on celebrating Friday night. lol :D

Giddings 13
Manor 10

Pudlugger
10-16-2003, 09:20 PM
buffalo booster:
That game was one of the best football games that I had seen in years. Both teams played well and neither team deserved to lose. Giddings won it late on a halfback pass.

We know we were fortunate to get away with that one. Newton was probably the best team that the Buffs played in the playoffs - better even than La Grange, who beat us in the next round.Let me get this straight Buffalo Booster. La Grange beat Giddings not once , but twice in 2001 yet you say a team that Giddings beat was better than La Grange. That is illogical. :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-17-2003, 09:20 AM
The bottom line between LaGrange and Giddings is that I think Giddings always has bad luck on that match... I don't know why but it's crazy. B-Booster is right though, Giddings beat better teams than Lagrange, trust me, for Instance, I think if Lagrange would of played um....Rice C. they would have lost, and especially would of lost against Newton...(back in 01). And if LaGrange was really the (S***) that year then they would of killed Giddings that saturday night in the Astrodome, and would of definitely won the State Champ, but what happen....Well Lagrange had less mistakes then Giddings, which gave them the win. But anyways that history, for now, Giddings vs Manor, giddings by a field goal.
GO BUFFS GO,
GIDDINGS ALL THE WAY.

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 09:41 AM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
The bottom line between LaGrange and Giddings is that I think Giddings always has bad luck on that match... I don't know why but it's crazy. B-Booster is right though, Giddings beat better teams than Lagrange, trust me, for Instance, I think if Lagrange would of played um....Rice C. they would have lost, and especially would of lost against Newton...(back in 01). And if LaGrange was really the (S***) that year then they would of killed Giddings that saturday night in the Astrodome, and would of definitely won the State Champ, but what happen....Well Lagrange had less mistakes then Giddings, which gave them the win. But anyways that history, for now, Giddings vs Manor, giddings by a field goal.
GO BUFFS GO,
GIDDINGS ALL THE WAY.It just amazes me how impossible it is for Giddings folks to accept the fact that beating them twice in one year was because La Grange had a BETTER TEAM!!! :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-17-2003, 10:30 AM
Well look, maybe they did have a better team, but what I'm saying is backing up b-booster on the post that "If Lagrange would of played the real hard teams that Giddings played they would of most likely lost to them". Again for Instance Rice C., and Newton.
But like I said that's the past. But anyways Hope Elgin gets a win against La Grange, and if La Grange wins well I want La Grange to prove that is can win by a big margin; like Giddings did back in 01....when giddings was up by like 20 points at the half. What a game that was.
Giddings vs Manor...Giddings by a field goal.
GO BUFFS GO.

CD1
10-17-2003, 10:39 AM
The 0l buffaloes did have a better team than the 01 leopards. They may have beat them twice but clearly giddings had the better players and any team can win on any given day. La Grange made less mistakes therefore they won both times. Giddings lost both of those games by themselves the leps really just didnt shut the buffs down. But like luis said that is in the past go buffs and beat la grange this year

Pudlugger
10-17-2003, 11:27 AM
CD1:
The 0l buffaloes did have a better team than the 01 leopards. They may have beat them twice but clearly giddings had the better players and any team can win on any given day. La Grange made less mistakes therefore they won both times. Giddings lost both of those games by themselves the leps really just didnt shut the buffs down. But like luis said that is in the past go buffs and beat la grange this yearWell if you can't settle the question of who is the better team by beating them twice than arguing with someone on a bullitin board sure wont either. I'll take the two wins and be satisfied as to which team was better that year. :)

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-17-2003, 11:34 AM
HEY CD1!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT'S UP, HOW U BEEN?.
GO BUFFS GO

gochargers!!
10-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Go Buffs...Go out tonight & beat MANOR. Not the 2001 Leps....but MANOR.

buffalo booster
10-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Yo, pud -- you need to reread my post. I believe that I said that Newton was the best team that Giddings faced that year. Excellent talent. I believe that I also said that we were lucky to beat them. I still believe that. True, LG beat us twice. Can't deny it... Wouldn't be prudent...

Nothing illogical about my post. Sometimes, the better team doesn't win on the field. But, that's why we play the game. You shouldn't take offense at the props I was throwing to the folks in Newton.

Good luck to your Leopards tonight against Elgin. See you next week in Giddings.

backer24
10-17-2003, 01:00 PM
manor is a new team with a new attitude, we will beat the buffalos. last years win was a fluke. manor should take the victory easy.

Mustang '89
10-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Hopefully the ref won't pull out a piece of paper to check for a first down this year!!!!!

Mustang '89
10-17-2003, 01:26 PM
I also hope they don't bring that "Homer" ref they had at the JV game last night. That had to be the worst non-call I have ever seen!!

mustangDE
10-17-2003, 02:04 PM
There is no way Giddings is getting this one we are going to shut down their offense! Different year different team.

mustang#51
10-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Mustang#51 the final score wuz 26-14 get it right.. NUFF Said to all those who thougt we would lose.. da games are over!!!!!

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Pudlugger:
Well I gotta say, Manor will take this one. Giddings has shown nothing since they caught Yoakum napping last month. Meanwhile, Manor comes out of a dogfight with La Grange at home with a play-off spot now on the line. Manor's speed and passing game will be the difference. :cool:

Manor 21
Giddings 14Missed it by 5 points but the outcome was right!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Well what a game, just out of curiosity how many pointS did LG score against Manor?
Good luck to Manor the rest of the Season, and good luck in the playoffs.
Giddings vs LaGrange
Giddings 21
LaGrange 17
GO BUFFS GO.

Mustang '89
10-18-2003, 04:48 PM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
Well what a game, just out of curiosity how many pointS did LG score against Manor?
Good luck to Manor the rest of the Season, and good luck in the playoffs.
Giddings vs LaGrange
Giddings 21
LaGrange 17
GO BUFFS GO.La Grange 24
Manor 14