PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Liberty Hill as the division II Champs this year?

SintonFan
12-24-2006, 02:22 AM
I knew they would be good, but honestly I didn't see this at all. They had lots of talent and a system which utilized that talent. They improved their defense during the season and kept it up during the playoffs. That's a fun team to watch for sure. Yall had something special there LH. Something to really be proud of in all aspects. :)
Any thoughts out there on how you saw this team before the season started?

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 02:23 AM
Well, I picked them to win in our pick'em . brackets (http://www.bracketmaker.com/predict_list.cfm?parent=361848) :D :nerd: ;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-24-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm drunk and I'll say I did not see this happening, congrats LH.

SintonFan
12-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, I picked them to win in our pick'em brackets. :D :nerd: ;)
lol
The subject is about before the season started. :p :D
I saw them as a 3rd or 4th round team but HEY I like where they ended up, of course(I really really liked Hondo(especially in the playoffs) too).:) :cool:

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
The subject is about before the season started. :p :D
I saw them as a 3rd or 4th round team but HEY I like where they ended up, of course(I really really liked Hondo(especially in the playoffs) too).:) :cool:

I know, I'm just being ME!! :p

After I saw them play Cuero to the wire I knew they had something special!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SintonFan
12-24-2006, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'm drunk and I'll say I did not see this happening, congrats LH.
No! Handle your liquor friend.:inlove:

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Well it 'tis the season and all those old friends are in town.

mankat
12-24-2006, 02:34 AM
They were supposedly in a rebuilding year, but those close to the team believed they would be better. There was concern over the move to a tougher region and a tougher schedule. The consensus was a better team but maybe not a better record or playoff run.

SintonFan
12-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by mankat
They were supposedly in a rebuilding year, but those close to the team believed they would be better. There was concern over the move to a tougher region and a tougher schedule. The consensus was a better team but maybe not a better record or playoff run.
There is lots of younger players from both teams that played tonight, right? Future looks bright here.:cool:

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Not many people gave us a chance at even coming close - saying the only folks left on our team were Bode & Lattimore; saying such a "one-dimensional" offense never had a shot; saying our defense is weak....well, I think you get the drift.

At the beginning of the season, I wasn't 100% positive we would be in the position we are tonight. But, I did know that there was something very special about this team. I said several months ago that there was a quiet determination that this TEAM played with - no stars, just these guy depending on themselves, each other, and their coaches.

Last Saturday morning when I woke up, I just knew that it was going to happen. I knew that the boys would do what was needed to win last week, and I somehow knew then, they would do what was needed to win again today.

Old Green
12-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I know, I'm just being ME!! :p

After I saw them play Cuero to the wire I knew they had something special!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very true P4S.

As the season progressed I saw Liberty Hill Panthers as a team that had the cohesion and the will power to win it all. No stars just good kids on a mission that ran their offense to perfection and a defense that made few mistakes.

Congrats On winning state LH:clap:

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Playing the schedule that LH did and how they came through it says a lot about their team. After losing VERY close games to us and Wimberley, they just seem to get rolling and building on their success. Once they made it to the playoffs and started rolling over everybody, I felt they were destined for what they accomplished. One hell of a team! Congratulations and look forward to tangling with ya'll again next year. :)

Gobbler Fan
12-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Lh getting moved to that easier Region *3* helped em out ..........

:D j/k of course

3afan
12-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'm drunk and /.....

why do folks advertise that they are drunk (if Its even true)? amazing ...... :rolleyes:

rundoe
12-24-2006, 11:11 AM
My son is a captian on the team.

Back in June they held a meeting, just the captains, no coaches, just them. They said as seniors they were going to set the example of what hard work and determination can do. (he told me about it later that month in a discussion after an off-season work out.)

They agreed that this year they were going to be Panthers!!! No stars, But Panthers. Everyone would work hard, do their jobs and all stick together AS A TEAM and play AS A Team.

I have to admit. They did what they said they would do!!!!!.

They truly were a Band of Brothers!!! They believed in themselves and NEVER gave up or thier team.

By the way today is my sons' B-Day. Happy Birthday Gray. Senior # 54 and Merry Christmas too!!!! I couldn't be prouder.

BILLYFRED0000
12-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
My son is a captian on the team.

Back in June they held a meeting, just the captains, no coaches, just them. They saidf as seniors they were going to set the example of what hard work and determination can do. (he told me about it later that month in a discussion after an off-season work out.)

They agreed that this year they were going to be Panthers!!! No stars, But Panthers. Everyone would work hard, do their jobs and all stick together AS A TEAM and play AS A Team. I have to admit. They did what they said they would do!!!!!.

They truly were a Band of Brothers!!! They believed in themselves and NEVER gave up or thier team.

By the way today is my sons' B-Day. Happy Birthday Gray. Senior # 54 and Merry Christmas too!!!! I couldn't be prouder.

Happy Birthday and that is the only way to play the game. I will be honest and say that Celina never expected to get this far when the season began either. We were rebuilding and lost a key offensive player for the season and our line backer corp was depleted as well. But you really never know what a team will do till it comes under fire. And LH emerged victorious.

catman
12-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I didn't see it but I was intrigued when I saw their schedule.