PDA

View Full Version : Did this guy actually see the game?

BobcatBenny
12-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Here is an article that astounded me.

Celina loses in title game

BY ANDREW MAY
(Created: Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:50 PM CST)

When it comes to winning championships, the buzz words around coaching circles are defense and special teams. Liberty Hill performed better in both of those areas Saturday and now finds itself as the 2006 Class 3A Division II state champion after beating Celina 22-19 at Baylor’s Floyd Casey Stadium.

The Panthers outplayed Celina in nearly every aspect of the game, but the title came down to a 30-yard field goal by Gio Magallon with six seconds remaining. Magallon drilled it, sending the Liberty Hill fans into a frenzy and delivering the team its first state championship in school history.

As poorly as Celina played at times, the Bobcats still had their opportunity to win the game. With less than two minutes to play in the game and the score tied at 19, Celina had the ball in Liberty Hill territory facing a 4th-and-1. Sophomore running back Charley Waldrep was blown up in the backfield by a horde of Liberty Hill defenders to give the ball to the Panthers with 1:14 to play. The more opportunistic Panthers drove to the Celina 15-yard line in six plays to set up the game-winning field goal.

“That’s the worst feeling in the world to lose the game like that,” said Waldrep, who rushed for 110 yards on 20 carries.

The championship undoubtedly came down to defense and special teams. Gashed for nearly 300 yards on the ground, the Bobcat defense played on its heels most of the night. Unable to figure out Liberty Hill’s unique slot T offensive set, the defense gave up runs of 51, 61 and 79 yards, two of which went the distance. Just when it seemed like Celina was figuring out how to slow down the run game, quarterback Thomas Perrin took to the air to throw over the top of a defense that loaded the box on every play. On special teams, Celina missed an extra point, had a snap sail over the head of holder Seth Davis on another, and failed to put points on the board on a 19-yard field goal. Those five points would have forced Liberty Hill to at least attempt to go for a touchdown on 4th-and-12 late in the game, as opposed to kicking the chip-shot field goal for the win.

“We don’t ever want to feel like this again,” said sophomore Troy McCartney, who rushed for 39 yards and caught a pass for 36 yards.

Jumping out to an early 7-0 lead less than two minutes into the game, it seemed like Celina was prepared to cruise to victory to notch its eighth state title. Davis scrambled for a 7-yard touchdown to put the Bobcats up with 10:34 remaining following a double reverse pass from Davis to McCartney.

On the ensuing kickoff, the Bobcats recovered an onside kick and looked poised to blowout its sixth straight playoff opponent. But Liberty Hill forced a turnover on downs after a Davis pass was batted down on 4th-and-6 from the Panther 22-yard line. Rejuvenated by the defensive stand, Liberty Hill scored on its next possession after running eight straight times. Junior fullback Doug Allman’s 1-yard plunge capped the 78-yard drive. Senior running back Brent Bode scurried 51 yards on a sweep out of the slot T to set up the score. Bode gained 152 yards on the ground in the first half on only six carries. As a team, the Panthers rushed for 188 yards on 16 carries, while the Bobcats rushed 26 times for 96 yards.

“It feels like heaven,” said Allman, who rushed for 81 yards in the second half, including a 61-yard touchdown on 4th-and-1. “There’s no other feeling in the world like this.”

Outside of the first drive, Celina's offense couldn’t string together a solid series in the first-half. Three of its possessions ended on downs, two of which delayed inside the Liberty Hill 25, allowing the Panthers to take a 13-6 lead into the half. On its first possession of the second-half, Liberty Hill scored on Allman’s run, but the two-point conversion failed, keeping the margin at 19-7.

“They’ve got a lot of heart,” Allman said of the Celina players. “It was just our time to shine.”

BobcatBenny
12-24-2006, 12:47 AM
The link failed, so I cut and pasted.

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 01:00 AM
That guy is full of it...Celina dominatred every stat on the board but 1..the final score

Celina out Offensed LH even..I posted th estats under a new topic.

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
That guy is full of it...Celina dominatred every stat on the board but 1..the final score

16 yards separated these two offenses.

It was a GREAT game. Shame someone had to lose, but someone did.

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 01:06 AM
I too wonder if the guy that wrote the article was there...No one played badly at all anywhere...according to that jerk Celina played badly...I think it weas more a matter of LH played goodly:)...errrrrr Betterly..:thinking:

loyalleopard
12-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Must be something to do with "LIBERTY" in the name. Congrats to both teams on a great season. Special Congrats to Liberty Hill and the Leopards of Liberty Eylau.

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Basically Celina's coaches lost it for them...with there 2a coaching style in class 3a

kaorder1999
12-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Basically Celina's coaches lost it for them...with there 2a coaching style in class 3a

what are you talking about?

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Going for it on 4th and 2 with the game tied at 19 with under a minute to play. They should have punted the ball and played field position instead of giving LH 60 yards instead of 90. That killed them. Then electing to kick a field goal on 4th and goal from the 2...they should have went for it the momentum was in their favor at that time.

WildTexan
12-24-2006, 01:21 AM
what a moron you must be....in 2A you RUN the ball on 4th and goal from the 3....you don't trot in a mediocre kicking game....but seein as Celina lost to a very good team with 10 seconds left, I guess I can see how a ***** such as yourself could figure out a way to denegrate a tremendous ballgame down to complaining about our previous entry in the 2A ranks...

please do not resort to name calling

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan
what a moron you must be....in 2A you RUN the ball on 4th and goal from the 3....you don't trot in a mediocre kicking game....but seein as Celina lost to a very good team with 10 seconds left, I guess I can see how a retard such as yourself could figure out a way to denegrate a tremendous ballgame down to complaining about our previous entry in the 2A ranks... just face it your coaches screwed yall.....it doesn't matter Celina sucks and LH won....nuff said

kaorder1999
12-24-2006, 01:22 AM
and that is 2A style of football? Guess I'm just confused. Coaches make decisions and base their decisions on what they feel like is best for their team at that very moment.

pirate4state
12-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan
what a moron you must be....in 2A you RUN the ball on 4th and goal from the 3....you don't trot in a mediocre kicking game....but seein as Celina lost to a very good team with 10 seconds left, I guess I can see how a ***** such as yourself could figure out a way to denegrate a tremendous ballgame down to complaining about our previous entry in the 2A ranks... :doh: :doh: I know you are smarting from a loss tonight, but that is NO reason to call someone names.

Txbroadcaster
12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
and that is 2A style of football? Guess I'm just confused. Coaches make decisions and base their decisions on what they feel like is best for their team at that very moment.

Wait you did not get a 3A manual when you started coaching? Cause I get a manual for each class as a broadcaster

You know 1A I sound like a redneck and say yall alot
2A little less redneck, make sure I promo the local hayride
3A. Must talk about Gilmer recruiting and how evil it is
4A sound a little more professional, but I do promo the local you sell it show on the radio station
5A Have a cosmo as I give indepth knowledge with a pure no accent broadcast voice, oh and I must bow down to the SLC altar at least once a quarter

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 01:32 AM

thats a bunch of crap..we have only won about 57 3A games in the past 5 years.

without a doubt we have the best coaching staff in the state.

the record stands on its own in the last 10 years 144-10

find coaches with a better record anywhere

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:34 AM
thats a bunch of crap..we have only won about 57 3A games in the past 5 years.

without a doubt we have the best coaching staff in the state.

the record stands on its own in the last 10 years 144-10

find coaches with a better record anywhere What does the past have to do with the bullcrap playcalling today? LH knew what plays yall were running. Whenever #1 stepped in in the backfield it was a run to the side opposite of him. They were outcoached by the LH staff. I saw multiple times LH coaches barking out the direction of the way the Celina play was going. LH is state champs eat your crow

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 01:40 AM
What does the past have to do with the bullcrap playcalling today? LH knew what plays yall were running. Whenever #1 stepped in in the backfield it was a run to the side opposite of him. They were outcoached by the LH staff. I saw multiple times LH coaches barking out the direction of the way the Celina play was going. LH is state champs eat your crow

now that is arrogant ..I have already ate crow, and did it graciously

but everyone can guess lucky on a call of two we run a whole bunchof plays from the same sets...

I saw a couple dud plays LH called to, but that don't make your coach look like a moron, like you

so in the mean time tiger you can kiss my *** I don't have to take that crap from you personally.

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:42 AM
You don't but it's out there that your coaches cost yall...gotta play field position buddy....why give a team that ran it down the field often a 60 yard field instead of 90. Punt the ball!

SintonFan
12-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Here is an article that astounded me.

Celina loses in title game

BY ANDREW MAY
(Created: Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:50 PM CST)

When it comes to winning championships, the buzz words around coaching circles are defense and special teams. Liberty Hill performed better in both of those areas Saturday and now finds itself as the 2006 Class 3A Division II state champion after beating Celina 22-19 at Baylor’s Floyd Casey Stadium.

The Panthers outplayed Celina in nearly every aspect of the game, but the title came down to a 30-yard field goal by Gio Magallon with six seconds remaining. Magallon drilled it, sending the Liberty Hill fans into a frenzy and delivering the team its first state championship in school history.

As poorly as Celina played at times, the Bobcats still had their opportunity to win the game. With less than two minutes to play in the game and the score tied at 19, Celina had the ball in Liberty Hill territory facing a 4th-and-1. Sophomore running back Charley Waldrep was blown up in the backfield by a horde of Liberty Hill defenders to give the ball to the Panthers with 1:14 to play. The more opportunistic Panthers drove to the Celina 15-yard line in six plays to set up the game-winning field goal.

“That’s the worst feeling in the world to lose the game like that,” said Waldrep, who rushed for 110 yards on 20 carries.

The championship undoubtedly came down to defense and special teams. Gashed for nearly 300 yards on the ground, the Bobcat defense played on its heels most of the night. Unable to figure out Liberty Hill’s unique slot T offensive set, the defense gave up runs of 51, 61 and 79 yards, two of which went the distance. Just when it seemed like Celina was figuring out how to slow down the run game, quarterback Thomas Perrin took to the air to throw over the top of a defense that loaded the box on every play. On special teams, Celina missed an extra point, had a snap sail over the head of holder Seth Davis on another, and failed to put points on the board on a 19-yard field goal. Those five points would have forced Liberty Hill to at least attempt to go for a touchdown on 4th-and-12 late in the game, as opposed to kicking the chip-shot field goal for the win.

“We don’t ever want to feel like this again,” said sophomore Troy McCartney, who rushed for 39 yards and caught a pass for 36 yards.

Jumping out to an early 7-0 lead less than two minutes into the game, it seemed like Celina was prepared to cruise to victory to notch its eighth state title. Davis scrambled for a 7-yard touchdown to put the Bobcats up with 10:34 remaining following a double reverse pass from Davis to McCartney.

On the ensuing kickoff, the Bobcats recovered an onside kick and looked poised to blowout its sixth straight playoff opponent. But Liberty Hill forced a turnover on downs after a Davis pass was batted down on 4th-and-6 from the Panther 22-yard line. Rejuvenated by the defensive stand, Liberty Hill scored on its next possession after running eight straight times. Junior fullback Doug Allman’s 1-yard plunge capped the 78-yard drive. Senior running back Brent Bode scurried 51 yards on a sweep out of the slot T to set up the score. Bode gained 152 yards on the ground in the first half on only six carries. As a team, the Panthers rushed for 188 yards on 16 carries, while the Bobcats rushed 26 times for 96 yards.

“It feels like heaven,” said Allman, who rushed for 81 yards in the second half, including a 61-yard touchdown on 4th-and-1. “There’s no other feeling in the world like this.”

Outside of the first drive, Celina's offense couldn’t string together a solid series in the first-half. Three of its possessions ended on downs, two of which delayed inside the Liberty Hill 25, allowing the Panthers to take a 13-6 lead into the half. On its first possession of the second-half, Liberty Hill scored on Allman’s run, but the two-point conversion failed, keeping the margin at 19-7.

“They’ve got a lot of heart,” Allman said of the Celina players. “It was just our time to shine.”
From what paper(online resource) did you get this report?

mankat
12-24-2006, 02:57 AM
Writers have a flair for the dramatic. I read a couple of weeks ago that a RR Dragon had blood, mud, sweat and grass stains on his jersey after a loss. He had just played at Baylor (grassy turf). Take this article with a grain of salt, I know it is tough because it did not accurately describe the events of the evening.

dutchman
12-24-2006, 06:56 AM
As an outsider that went to watch a great football game, I would have to say the article was accurate. Celina never did figure out Liberty Hill's offense and when Liberty Hill did throw the football, if the receivers' would have caught more of the passes Celina would have been down even more. My thought was the Celina coaches would make adjustments to Bode swinging around on that sweep after halftime, they did, Liberty Hill still ran it when they needed to, example at the end of the game to get the field goal. Trust me I know how painful it is to speak about the game after a loss like this, but I would have to agree with the article.

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Basically this game ended CLOSE like I thought it would. I never bought in to the idea that the 10-1 defense would control the LH offense. I hadn't seen Celina play, but had seen LH play and I knew that this was just not going to happen. I don't think Celina actually thought that the LH offense could run on them like that. That being said, congratulations to both teams on making it to the title game, and to Celina, we know how it feels to lose to a last second field goal...believe me. Both programs are outstanding and poised to make deep playoff runs for many years to come. :)

3afan
12-24-2006, 07:10 AM

blah!

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 07:43 AM
TigerWR,
Please stop making derogatory comments about our coaches. You are very ignorant about football if you think we were out coached. If our plays were executed as they were called we win by at least 3 scores. You take away 3 errors on defense by Celina on 3 big runs by Liberty Hill and that offense gains 100 yards all night. But the errors were made. Our offense did not execute when we needed to and Liberty Hill is the champs this year. Merry Christmas.

On the idiotic newspaper reporter; maybe I fell asleep when that ball sailed over the holders head. Maybe in my opinion he wasn't there but got the ramblings from an uneducated person that was at the game.

Bottom line. Liberty Hill played well and won the ring, Congrats on your 1st!!!

Celina did not play their best and didn't win. Why because they are teenagers and stuff happens. Congrats on your fine season! See ya next year!

3afan
12-24-2006, 08:59 AM
-----------------------------

(everyone's new year's resolution - just ingore Tiger WR ...)

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
TigerWR,
Please stop making derogatory comments about our coaches. You are very ignorant about football if you think we were out coached. If our plays were executed as they were called we win by at least 3 scores. You take away 3 errors on defense by Celina on 3 big runs by Liberty Hill and that offense gains 100 yards all night. But the errors were made. Our offense did not execute when we needed to and Liberty Hill is the champs this year. Merry Christmas.

On the idiotic newspaper reporter; maybe I fell asleep when that ball sailed over the holders head. Maybe in my opinion he wasn't there but got the ramblings from an uneducated person that was at the game.

Bottom line. Liberty Hill played well and won the ring, Congrats on your 1st!!!

Celina did not play their best and didn't win. Why because they are teenagers and stuff happens. Congrats on your fine season! See ya next year! I will agree that he needs to stop making derogatory comments about your coaching staff. However, I will disagree about ya'll winning by 3 td's if ya'll execute your plays. Obviously LH's plays were not always executed like they are supposed to or they would have scored more. You know those plays ya'll stopped for losses were not designed to lose yards, so your statement is quite idiotic. Don't give me that Celina didn't play their best crap. The better team won...end of story.

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I will agree that he needs to stop making derogatory comments about your coaching staff. However, I will disagree about ya'll winning by 3 td's if ya'll execute your plays. Obviously LH's plays were not always executed like they are supposed to or they would have scored more. You know those plays ya'll stopped for losses were not designed to lose yards, so your statement is quite idiotic. Don't give me that Celina didn't play their best crap. The better team won...end of story. Oh, and the errors on ya'lls defense can be attributed to a great LH offense.

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I will agree that he needs to stop making derogatory comments about your coaching staff. However, I will disagree about ya'll winning by 3 td's if ya'll execute your plays. Obviously LH's plays were not always executed like they are supposed to or they would have scored more. You know those plays ya'll stopped for losses were not designed to lose yards, so your statement is quite idiotic. Don't give me that Celina didn't play their best crap. The better team won...end of story.
Did you see all our games. NO. I guess then you don't know. Did you see this game. Again A big no. So in the knowledge of Celina's ability you get a ZERO Greenmachine. I on the other hand attend most practices and miss no games. So I guess I can make a pretty subjective statement about the way we played. I guess maybe you should talk about something you know about. PAL.

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Did you see all our games. NO. I guess then you don't know. Did you see this game. Again A big no. So in the knowledge of Celina's ability you get a ZERO Greenmachine. I on the other hand attend most practices and miss no games. So I guess I can make a pretty subjective statement about the way we played. I guess maybe you should talk about something you know about. PAL. Every team can make the statement that if we execute our plays, we win :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Now with that said, As I have said in numerous posts. Liberty Hill won the championship and congrats to all of you! You will now know the taste and want it more and more! You are hooked on High School Football for life now! Way to go Panthers!

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Every team can make the statement that if we execute our plays, we win :rolleyes: I ask again, do you have any first hand knowledge of Celina football this year?

rundoe
12-24-2006, 09:25 AM

STATS again???? The Liberty Hill defense stopped celina in the red zone several times.

The offence busted loose for long runs and they out played Celina on the line.

Celina is a GREAT team, gave is the best fight we have had all year.

BUT, They in no way dominated this game.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I ask again, do you have any first hand knowledge of Celina football this year?

I do, i kept hearing how they couldn't stop our offense, well they didn't. I heard how we couldn't stop their offense, well we did.

LH STATE CHAMP!!!

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
STATS again???? The Liberty Hill defense stopped celina in the red zone several times.

The offence busted loose for long runs and they out played Celina on the line.

Celina is a GREAT team, gave is the best fight we have had all year.

BUT, They in no way dominated this game.

I agree. It looked last night like 2 evenly matched teams. The ebb and flow of the game was great. It was exciting but disappointing for us. On the other hand it was nice to see the exhuberation on your sidelines. Congrats my friend!

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:30 AM
I do, i kept hearing how they couldn't stop our offense, well they didn't. I heard how we couldn;t stop their offense, well we did.

LH STATE CHAMP!!!

I don't know if I said it, but I could have. I think I might have said or agreed with the game would be won or lost with our O and your D on the field and it was.

BobcatBenny
12-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
From what paper(online resource) did you get this report?

http://www.courier-gazette.com

It is a local Celina paper.

Ranger Mom
12-24-2006, 09:35 AM
In my "unpracticed" eye...I didn't see domination from either team. They were evenly matched and had no stars.....both played as a TEAM!!

That game could have gone either way several times but it was written in the stars for LH this season....that in no way takes away from the Celina players.

It was awesome to see the sportsmanship of the players....the entire game I a saw them helping their opponents up and lots of helmet slapping going on.

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I ask again, do you have any first hand knowledge of Celina football this year? I don't need any knowledge of Celina football to reply to this statement. First off, each play, each series is designed to gain yards and put points on the board. Sooooo, if you execute properly, you should score every series. I doubt a football coach would be coaching for long if he designed plays to lose yards and not score.

lostaussie
12-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
In my "unpracticed" eye...I didn't see domination from either team. They were evenly matched and had no stars.....both played as a TEAM!!

That game could have gone either way several times but it was written in the stars for LH this season....that in no way takes away from the Celina players.

It was awesome to see the sportsmanship of the players....the entire game I a saw them helping their opponents up and lots of helmet slapping going on. I agree RM. From the outside looking in, what I saw was a great game between very disiplined and evenly matched teams. I am very glad that I made the trip. Really didn't care who won but I sat right behind the father of #44 who was a very nervous man the entire game. I could tell he was a proud papa though as he ran that video recorder quite often during the game. Congrats to both teams. Very well played game..................As for Celina.............the Aussie curse continues. I doubt anyone else can say that the only 3 times the have seen the Bobcats play they have been beaten. Maybe next year I will make a roadtrip in pre-district to see if I can get that monkey off ya'lls back:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
12-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I agree RM. From the outside looking in, what I saw was a great game between very disiplined and evenly matched teams. I am very glad that I made the trip. Really didn't care who won but I sat right behind the father of #44 who was a very nervous man the entire game. I could tell he was a proud papa though as he ran that video recorder quite often during the game. Congrats to both teams. Very well played game..................As for Celina.............the Aussie curse continues. I doubt anyone else can say that the only 3 times the have seen the Bobcats play they have been beaten. Maybe next year I will make a roadtrip in pre-district to see if I can get that monkey off ya'lls back:thumbsup:

GSquared sat on the LH side too....maybe that counteracted the Curse of G2!!

Was I correct in hearing that this is the first State Championship that Celina played in and lost?

lostaussie
12-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
GSquared sat on the LH side too....maybe that counteracted the Curse of G2!!

Was I correct in hearing that this is the first State Championship that Celina played in and lost? yes, but they had a tie in class B with Big Sandy in 1974

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2006, 09:55 AM
As for Celina.............the Aussie curse continues. I doubt anyone else can say that the only 3 times the have seen the Bobcats play they have been beaten. Maybe next year I will make a roadtrip in pre-district to see if I can get that monkey off ya'lls back:thumbsup:
I wonder if this means the Aussie curse is actually stronger than the G2 curse? :eek: :eek: :eek: :crazy:

BobcatBenny
12-24-2006, 09:55 AM
It is easy to arm chair quarterback or coach a game once it has been played.

Liberty Hill's defense made the plays when they had to and never gave up. Liberty Hill's offense played well too.

Here is what I am certain of, I loved the game. I waited for a game like this all season.

My heart was in my throat. I got to ride the roller coaster of emotions. I would not have wished it to be that our kids came up on the short end of this game, but they did.

If I had been a player or a coach, we would not have even been in the title game

I am looking forward to reviewing the box score of the game. My gut feeling is, if you put your hand over the score part, you might wonder how LH won. That is an amazing thing about statistics, they do not always tell the true story. This is where heart mixed with good coaching and yes, luck (the ball is oblong for a reason) trumps stats! :)

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't need any knowledge of Celina football to reply to this statement. First off, each play, each series is designed to gain yards and put points on the board. Sooooo, if you execute properly, you should score every series. I doubt a football coach would be coaching for long if he designed plays to lose yards and not score. That has nothing to do with the question. I said we did not play our best. You said don't give me that crap. You can't judge what you have no Knowledge of can you? Then go sit down until you can answer the question.

lostaussie
12-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I wonder if this means the Aussie curse is actually stronger than the G2 curse? :eek: :eek: :eek: :crazy: For some strange reason mine only seems to effect Celina in 3A playoffs:thinking:

Hansum Stranger
12-24-2006, 10:05 AM

Last year Gainesville's offense had more yards than Wimberley's. Total offense means nothing at the end. The score is all that matters.

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Last year Gainesville's offense had more yards than Wimberley's. Total offense means nothing at the end. The score is all that matters. I am in actual agreement with you HS!

kaorder1999
12-24-2006, 10:08 AM
bobcat1...I think his statements stemmed from the fact that you said if Celina would have executed yall would have won by 3 scores. His argument is that if LH would have executed they could have won by more. I see his point. I dont think he is talking about your statement about not playing their best as you said in Celina's case. I think he's saying that because somebody made a post the other day that said if Celina lost the fans would be saying that they didn't play their best.

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh Okay. I usually don't just say how I think we played in losses on any team I have ever watched. I am not trying to make an excuse. Just stating my observation. You have seen us play. What did you think?

lostaussie
12-24-2006, 10:11 AM
here is some execution for ya..............what about the wide open dropped TD pass at the end of the 1st half. I really at the time thought that would be the LH downfall. Didn't end up mattering, but it could have very well been the play we all remembered. BOTH teams had missed oportunities.

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 10:12 AM
here is some execution for ya..............what about the wide open dropped TD pass at the end of the 1st half. I really at the time thought that would be the LH downfall. Didn't end up mattering, but it could have very well been the play we all remembered. BOTH teams had missed oportunities.

You are right Aussie. Shoulda Coulda Woulda will be remembered.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't know if I said it, but I could have. I think I might have said or agreed with the game would be won or lost with our O and your D on the field and it was.

that may partially be true, but our o had something to do with it to.

kaorder1999
12-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Oh Okay. I usually don't just say how I think we played in losses on any team I have ever watched. I am not trying to make an excuse. Just stating my observation. You have seen us play. What did you think?
awww...i dont know...I didnt see the game yesterday. I couldnt get to Waco.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
bobcat1...I think his statements stemmed from the fact that you said if Celina would have executed yall would have won by 3 scores. His argument is that if LH would have executed they could have won by more. I see his point. I dont think he is talking about your statement about not playing their best as you said in Celina's case. I think he's saying that because somebody made a post the other day that said if Celina lost the fans would be saying that they didn't play their best.

Right, AND we didn't play our best either.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Right, AND we didn't play our best either.

Uh, Actually more that ONE post!!!!!

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I guess then I will wait for honest opinions from folks like kepdawg or other posters not from Celina that had seen us play before and at this game.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I agree. It looked last night like 2 evenly matched teams. The ebb and flow of the game was great. It was exciting but disappointing for us. On the other hand it was nice to see the exhuberation on your sidelines. Congrats my friend!

Also, Congrats to your team. Great bunch of kids. Great game.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

P.S. Glad to you you talking and not just smiley faces, lol.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 10:23 AM
You've been Celina'd!

You've been Panthered!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist, lol. Merry Christmas

rundoe
12-24-2006, 10:25 AM
I too wonder if the guy that wrote the article was there...No one played badly at all anywhere...according to that jerk Celina played badly...I think it weas more a matter of LH played goodly:)...errrrrr Betterly..:thinking:

lol. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Stay Warm

Rabbit'93
12-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Bobcat1 I think waldrep disagrees on your theory of not executing.

From DMN:
"They played harder than any team we faced all year," Waldrep said. "I don't think it was what we were doing, it was what they did to us.

congrats to both teams on a fine year.

bobcat1
12-24-2006, 10:30 AM
yep

Adidas410s
12-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Bobcat1 I think waldrep disagrees on your theory of not executing.

From DMN:
"They played harder than any team we faced all year," Waldrep said. "I don't think it was what we were doing, it was what they did to us.

congrats to both teams on a fine year.

remember what happened the last time a player (ahem...Matt Leinart...ahem) made comments to the media that his team was the better team and if only they had executed they would've won...

Waldrep was smart enough to play the PC card! ;)

Daddy D 11
12-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Basically this game ended CLOSE like I thought it would. I never bought in to the idea that the 10-1 defense would control the LH offense. I hadn't seen Celina play, but had seen LH play and I knew that this was just not going to happen. I don't think Celina actually thought that the LH offense could run on them like that. That being said, congratulations to both teams on making it to the title game, and to Celina, we know how it feels to lose to a last second field goal...believe me. Both programs are outstanding and poised to make deep playoff runs for many years to come. :)

NEVER bought into it either :D

clemsmarina
12-24-2006, 11:55 AM
I think the article is very close to being dead on....

Celina's defense was on it's heals most of the night, GUESSING and swiping at anything that moved. Good offensive play calling took care of that.

The only thing Celina dominated in the game was the clock, but that doesn't put points on the board.

You could say that Celina dominated in the tunrover dept as well, but Liberty Hill's defensive stops in the red zone wipe out that column.

By far and away the best football game I have ever personally witnessed!!!

Man am I looking forward to those purple STATE CHAMPIONS t-shirts.

See yall again next year!

Crow22
12-24-2006, 12:11 PM

Dumbest post of the year.

We have a winner.

JJ7997
12-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Dumbest post of the year.

We have a winner.

I agree.

BobcatBenny
12-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Well, I certainly do not know how to converse with someone that has not seen more than 1 football game, but if my memory serves me correctly.

Celina produced more offensive yards. Scored as many touchdowns. Had 50% more offensive snaps. Had 70% more first downs.

Here is what won the game for Liberty Hill. Liberty Hill stuffing Celina on 4th down plays. That is what champions do.

Celina played poorly? That is diminishing the play of Liberty Hill.

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
remember what happened the last time a player (ahem...Matt Leinart...ahem) made comments to the media that his team was the better team and if only they had executed they would've won...

Waldrep was smart enough to play the PC card! ;)
PC? How was he being PC to speak the truth about how he saw the game? And who cares about Leinart's comments....I mean seriously. They have nothing to do with this.

Matthew328
12-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Here's a crazy thought....maybe Celina didn't play well...maybe Liberty Hill had a little bit to do with it?

BobcatBenny
12-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Here is even a crazier thought . . . both teams played their guts out. Celina played well. Liberty Hill played better.

Hansum Stranger
12-24-2006, 04:23 PM
I am in actual agreement with you HS!

Maybe you are finally seeing the light ;)

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 08:20 PM
When you take all the bru ha ha and stats there is only 1, and only one stat that matters

LH made 1 field Goal
Celina missed 1 field goal

Game LH

All the rest was so even it didn't matter

LH made gains in huge chunks, Celina ground it out...and the only 16 yard difference...hardly matters

Congrats LH.