PDA

View Full Version : Matthew328/Hart

Amos Moses
10-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Please don't speak without knowing all facts. Marlin doesn't need to be in your poll they will be playing long after your teams are finished for the year.Hart you want to talk about pereninal power. The dogs have been in the playoff every year since 95 been to regionals 4 times,quaterfinals,and semi-finals.Two-thirds of your top 20 have played a sub-par schedule. Their is no one in your top 20 that has played 3 4-A schools. The dogs play one of the toughest schedules year in and year out. The dogs may want their team in the polls but the fans know the dogs will be around for a long time.

Chris Hart
10-08-2002, 01:59 PM
I did not say Marlin wasn't a perennial power, what I did say was that at 3-2 they shouldn't be ranked ahead of perennial powers that are 5-0. If Marlin is playing long after my team(Burnet) and Matthew's team(Everman) are at home, then more power to them. I think Marlin will go deep in the playoffs, but you don't rank a 3-2 team in the top 10 period. I think they could possibly beat any or all of the teams in the top 10 on any given Friday, but the fact remains they are 3-2 and that doesn't deserve a ranking. When they get to 7-2 or 8-2, they will be ranked.

HornetPride
10-08-2002, 02:26 PM
I remember several years ago when Paris lost its first four games and went on to claim all the Class 4A marbles! When district begins, throw out the records, guys. Serving on the AP board, for example, is often a bunch of radio station guys from B.F.E. who want to see their hometown in print - trust me from experience.

Reveille
10-08-2002, 03:27 PM
More recently than Paris, Burkeville went 0-4 last year and ended up winning it all in 1a. You guys will be ranked if you continue to win. Good luck to you.

Matthew328
10-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Sorry but there are a few teams in my top 20 that have played 3 4A schools...first off all...most notably Everman who played 2 4A's and a school from Oklahoma the size of a 5A school...Jasper and a few others...and like I said one game a season doesn't make....it was a great win for Marlin but the season isnt over..and as for Marlin playing long before my team is done?? Well I guess we'll have to see on that one..but if I were you I wouldn't make that bet... :)

big daddy russ
10-08-2002, 10:05 PM
true that, matt... marlin, youve gotta be good if you hung with burnet and beat ennis, but you still have two losses. dont know who else you lost to, but these other teams still deserve to be ranked in front. kennedale beat everman, and we all know about everman, jasper, burnet, newton, sinton, etc... where you gonna fit in with two losses? certainly not ahead of any of the top nine. dont know too much about wills point, but theyre still undefeated and youre not. think about it kid, whos got more talent... florida state or north carolina? now whos ranked higher? these polls work the same way.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 12:31 AM
Marlin could be in for a colossal shock if they take Rockdale lightly. After the Ennis win, they sound like they're doing what teams historically do in putting all efforts on auto pilot.
Marlin 27, Rockdale 22