PDA

View Full Version : Phil...ESPN is STILL in disbelief over VY and Texas!!!

Adidas410s
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
THE HYPE: The Trojans, gunning for an unprecedented third-straight national title, were billed as maybe the best team ever. They dressed two Heisman winners — QB Matt Leinart and TB Reggie Bush — and hadn't lost in nearly three seasons. All of which meant Texas, despite a 19-game winning streak and a Heisman runner-up of its own, was a touchdown underdog. "I felt disrespected," Young says. "They said we shouldn't be there, and I was upset about losing the Heisman. So I told the guys, 'Let's show the world who the national championship is supposed to go to.'" THE TRUTH: What looked like a mismatch turned into the best college game ever, with five lead changes, 1,130 yards of offense — and one clear star. Young ran for 200 yards, scoring 3 TDs, and threw for 267 more. And with 26 seconds left, down 38-33 and facing fourth and five at the 8, the ball and the game were in his hands

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/espn100/news/story?page=espn100/index&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
[quote]THE HYPE: The Trojans, gunning for an unprecedented third-straight national title, were billed as maybe the best team ever. They dressed two Heisman winners — QB Matt Leinart and TB Reggie Bush — and hadn't lost in nearly three seasons. All of which meant Texas, despite a 19-game winning streak and a Heisman runner-up of its own, was a touchdown underdog. "I felt disrespected," Young says. "They said we shouldn't be there, and I was upset about losing the Heisman. So I told the guys, 'Let's show the world who the national championship is supposed to go to.'" THE TRUTH: What looked like a mismatch turned into the best college game ever, with five lead changes, 1,130 yards of offense — and one clear star. Young ran for 200 yards, scoring 3 TDs, and threw for 267 more. And with 26 seconds left, down 38-33 and facing fourth and five at the 8, the ball and the game were in his hands

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/espn100/news/story?page=espn100/index&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Yep, and Young proved them all wrong, too. Oh well, ESPN has always been known to be in love with USC. They even had Matt Leinart run a commercial for them, but couldn't air it due to a blatant NCAA rules violation.

Adidas410s
12-24-2006, 04:34 PM
ttt

slpybear the bullfan
12-24-2006, 05:05 PM
VY is turning into a legitimate Star in the NFL. I do think his career will have a hard time lasting 10 or more seasons... but during the next several years I sure will enjoy watching him.

I turned off the Giants -Saints early on as soon as I saw the titans were playing... just because of VY. He was fun to watch, even though I am a Cowboys fan and should have been rooting the Giants on to a victory.

turbostud
12-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

I turned off the Giants -Saints early on as soon as I saw the titans were playing... just because of VY. He was fun to watch, even though I am a Cowboys fan and should have been rooting the Giants on to a victory.
Why would a Cowboy fan root for the the Giants?????? There are 3 teams a Cowboy fan should never root for, Giants, Eagles, and Redskins.

Phil C
12-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Way to go Vince! I told you all he was great! :)