including

RB McCartney
RB Waldrep
WR/CB/LB/QB Lynn
QB Seth Davis

LB Lavey
DE Holman

etc.

Still, this hurts a lot! But i can say we lost to the best team in the state!

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 07:47 PM
that, plus a lot of motivation to not let 22-19 happen again!

This win was great for LH, but probably not so good for the rest of 3A in the long run. Celina will have some unfinished business in '07

TexanAlum_06
12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
To my understanding LH has a lot coming back as well.

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 07:57 PM
anybody know how much exactly?

TexanAlum_06
12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Their bigest losses will obviously be Perrin the QB and Bode at RB. but I believe they are losing most of their secondary and a few LB's. and 4 of the O-lineman.

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 08:10 PM
4 o-linemen and the defense sounds like a lot

dogdad
12-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilmer, Liberty-Eylau, Royse City, and Celina all ranked in the top 5 next year.....all Region 2 teams

TexanAlum_06
12-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Sorry I meant to say 4 O-Lineman are coming back. well as far as the LB's goes... Allman the FB will probably play LB next year.

gobbler grad
12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
they only have have 15 seniors and not sure if all were starters...:thinking: think they will be loaded next year

Daddy D 11
12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
4 o line men?

there is only 2 seniors on the line.

perrin and bode will be missed greatly. but a QB fits in very nicely in our offfense.

we lose 4 on defense but all of them subbed in very frequently with juniors and sophmores.

we have 7 coming back on both sides.

WOS87
12-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilmer, Liberty-Eylau, Royse City, and Celina all ranked in the top 5 next year.....all Region 2 teams

I imagine Giddings will take one of those 5 slots as Fitzhenry is only a Junior this year

duckpluck
12-23-2006, 10:09 PM
LH - Much of the game they play 8 underclassmen on Defense. 3 of the 4 D line will be back. I hear the LB Lattimore will play both ways next season. On offense will play the position Post played this year. They will need to find the next Bode/Kociba. They have some nice possibilities.

The new QB Fickle next season is a better passer than Perrin IMO. The kids in the program really like his arm. Will not miss a beat with him replacing Perrin.

4 of 5 O linemen is awesome.

I also hear there are several kids talking about moving to Liberty Hill soon that are currently attending other schools like Georgetown and McNeil.

wimbo_pro
12-23-2006, 10:12 PM
As I last counted...we had about 30 on the team...we are graduating approx. 25 (or so I am told)... next year will be a tough re-building year for Wimberley, to say the least. Our strongest team looks to be our Freshman team, so we should be back to a strong contender in 2-to-3 years.

dogdad
12-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck

I also hear there are several kids talking about moving to Liberty Hill soon that are currently attending other schools like Georgetown and McNeil. [/B]
so that's the way it is in Liberty Hill?

Chris Hart
12-23-2006, 10:52 PM
A little more info about Liberty Hill that I read today in the game program in Waco. Liberty Hill's JV hasn't ever lost a game and they are 38-0 since 7th grade, so I'd say they will have no problems replacing the 4 starters they will lose on both sides of the ball. Coach Vance has a great program going in Liberty Hill and they will stay contenders as long as they are at the 3A level, or as long as Vance and staff are there. Congrats Panthers!:clap:

ILS1
12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
I thought Allman was Senior??

:D

OldNavy
12-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Celina needs to have a first class field goal team. That was the difference in this game. Celina left 5 points on the table with two missed extra points and a missed field goal.

Liberty Hill's Defense held Celina on what, 4 fourth downs. Defense wins championships and Liberty Hills Defense did what they needed to do. I hope there is a rematch next year. Sounds like both teams will have the personnel if they take care of business. But, there are a lot of quality teams in 3A and it is a blessing to get this far, win or lose.

Merry Christmas,

injuredinmelee
12-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
A little more info about Liberty Hill that I read today in the game program in Waco. Liberty Hill's JV hasn't ever lost a game and they are 38-0 since 7th grade, so I'd say they will have no problems replacing the 4 starters they will lose on both sides of the ball. Coach Vance has a great program going in Liberty Hill and they will stay contenders as long as they are at the 3A level, or as long as Vance and staff are there. Congrats Panthers!:clap:

holy crap they might be pretty good next year also.

TexanAlum_06
12-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
LH - Much of the game they play 8 underclassmen on Defense. 3 of the 4 D line will be back. I hear the LB Lattimore will play both ways next season. On offense will play the position Post played this year. They will need to find the next Bode/Kociba. They have some nice possibilities.

The new QB Fickle next season is a better passer than Perrin IMO. The kids in the program really like his arm. Will not miss a beat with him replacing Perrin.

4 of 5 O linemen is awesome.

I also hear there are several kids talking about moving to Liberty Hill soon that are currently attending other schools like Georgetown and McNeil.

LH has it made, Im not saying they actively recruit kids or persuade moveins to come out to the Hill but look at it this way... Any kid that is in a RR school district or Leander that is good but wants to move down and dominate like Allman has this year are going to look at LH...... and any kid that comes into austin that is looking for the best small school football program closest to austin... is gonna end up at LH... I wouldnt be surprised to see 3 or 4 "qaulity" moveins ( like Allman and Poitier ) next year for LH. Must be nice......

TexanAlum_06
12-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
As I last counted...we had about 30 on the team...we are graduating approx. 25 (or so I am told)... next year will be a tough re-building year for Wimberley, to say the least. Our strongest team looks to be our Freshman team, so we should be back to a strong contender in 2-to-3 years.

Yes next year will be a rebuilding year for the Texans... they are just losing too much.... they will have some offensive firepower with Harley in the backfield and if Scudder can mature into a good QB. he has the physical skills... the run defense will probably be pretty stout. but they are losing every starter in the secondary. that will be a problem. The O-line will have a some growing to do... It doesnt help them with giddings coming to town first week and their schedule. But we shall see what happens... Ugh I cant believe football season is already OVER!!!:(

Alaska cat
12-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Celinas JV hasn't lost either, nor the freshmen, nor the Pee Wees, they won the super bowl of the area , or middle schools teams.

the next crops just keep showing up

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Celinas JV hasn't lost either, nor the freshmen, nor the Pee Wees, they won the super bowl of the area , or middle schools teams.

the next crops just keep showing up And what does that have to do with todays loss, absolutely nothing

stangGirl2007
12-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Ugh I cant believe football season is already OVER!!!:(

Tell me about it!! It feels like it just started! How can it be over ALREADY???:doh: :eek: :weeping:

Old Tiger
12-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
Tell me about it!! It feels like it just started! How can it be over ALREADY???:doh: :eek: :weeping: You knwo what the end of football season means....lots of nothing

LH Panther Mom
12-24-2006, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
I thought Allman was Senior??

:D
Nope. :p

GreenMachine
12-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Cuero is losing a ton of seniors, but our jv team only lost one game (to LH with two scores in the 4th quarter) so we should be pretty good again next year. I think we had 8 or 9 sophomores that saw extensive action on the varsity squad. Just like some of the other teams, we too get quality kids from a neighboring large community whose football program is in shambles and want their kids to play on a winning program like Cuero has.

rundoe
12-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Every team loses seniors every year. So actually every team is always rebuilding.

That being said, I'll say Liberty Hill looks pretty darn good for the next three, with what they have already!!!!!

Lots of the kids have been playing together since we brought Pop Warner football here several years ago.

Matthew328
12-24-2006, 02:56 PM
How fast is Liberty Hill growing?? Is the growth like the rest of Austin?? I know Celina is growing as I expect them to be 4A in the not so distant future..is the same in store for Liberty Hill?

Chris Hart
12-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
How fast is Liberty Hill growing?? Is the growth like the rest of Austin?? I know Celina is growing as I expect them to be 4A in the not so distant future..is the same in store for Liberty Hill? Liberty Hill will be 4A in the near future. I don't expect them to go 4A in the realignment before the 08 season, but possibly the one before the 2010 season, if not then, then the the one before 2012 for sure...

duckpluck
12-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Most of the growth is in the LH area but actually in Leander school district and even Georgetown. The lines are quite odd.
The real growth cant occur until a waste water line get installed along Hwy 29. Thats why there is no resturants and stores popping up in Liberty Hill. LH may be the only 3A school with out a Dairy Queen or Sonic. LOL

LHPfactory
12-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I would hope to get a quality line backer other than Allman. I know the Raging Bull would be a great line backer, however, he carries the ball a bunch and is the work horse of the Offense. That big boy needs some rest to play his best.

BILLYFRED0000
12-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I would hope to get a quality line backer other than Allman. I know the Raging Bull would be a great line backer, however, he carries the ball a bunch and is the work horse of the Offense. That big boy needs some rest to play his best.

Yes that is a fact. Aston Whiteside was flat wore out by the end of the game. I think it was a factor in their defense and the way the last quarter went for us. I don't think you can have a key player playing both ways in the playoffs at this level. It works thru district but once you get to the region finals the men have been seperated from the boys.

firstcat
12-28-2006, 02:46 PM
We won't have to worry about ball-carriers for next year. the monster will have all its heads still in tact!
Donnie Huckins, one of our JV backs rushed for over 1,000 yards this season.
And don't forget Chris LaCaille who was out this season due to injury. He is one of the fastest kids in school

BILLYFRED0000
12-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
We won't have to worry about ball-carriers for next year. the monster will have all its heads still in tact!
Donnie Huckins, one of our JV backs rushed for over 1,000 yards this season.
And don't forget Chris LaCaille who was out this season due to injury. He is one of the fastest kids in school

The thing you guys have to worry about is your Line. The blocking schemes for the slot t are tricky. I think your defense may suffer some as well. It is the D that kept you in a couple of games this year and it will be next year as well. The deeper you go the better the competition. The Celina game went like I said.
We held you to 22(I said 21) and then it becomes a defensive problem for the lh D. I would say the odds are the same for the same issue to happen again. Can't wait for next year to get here that is for sure.

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Only good news for Celina. . .

Hrm. . .maybe that they've dominated 2A for DECADES or whatever and that they moved up a classification and pretty much dominated everyone there as well?

Wish I'd had a chance to play for their football team when I was younger!

LH Panther Mom
12-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
The thing you guys have to worry about is your Line. The blocking schemes for the slot t are tricky. I think your defense may suffer some as well. It is the D that kept you in a couple of games this year and it will be next year as well. The deeper you go the better the competition. The Celina game went like I said.
We held you to 22(I said 21) and then it becomes a defensive problem for the lh D. I would say the odds are the same for the same issue to happen again. Can't wait for next year to get here that is for sure.
No worries on the OL - 4 of 6 return, plus a couple of the swingmen. Overall, we lose 8 starters - 4 on each side & should reload quite well.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 09:55 AM
well, you have to remember that this thread was made right after the game ended, so the 'only good news' is a bit exaggerated!

Can't wait for next year!