PDA

View Full Version : PI Tarpons vs La Feria Lions

footballgal
10-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Now anyone who loves a good match-up this is the game; I see and hear the respect that these two teams have for each other and that's great. This game has a history of great games dating back to the 70's, while a certain Tommy Cox and another Cox, Stevie Cox playing, there is a little Cox on this team this year Steven Cox who I hear had an excellent game last night, along with QB Lupe Castillo. I have seen most of these cubs grow into Lions, most of them are good kids.

Of course there is the close games like last year (13-12) and the blowouts, like in '93,'94. What type of game will this year bring us? It will be interesting one I guess will find out Friday.

<small>[ October 21, 2002, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

nfcfan
10-19-2002, 01:54 PM
Should be an excellent game. The bearkats gave the Tarpons a wake up call.

Tarpons need to address the unsportsman like penalties. When playing against LFeria and in the playoffs every yard counts.

Keep up the good work. GO TARPONS GO!
eek! Tarpons by 17. eek!

TarponRl3k
10-20-2002, 01:18 AM
Sorry but when it comes to La Feria...I'd have to take PI by only 7.
You've got two bands advancing to Area this week playing at your halftime(i know, where did La feria band come from, right???), you better play it up give the fans a better show because I guarantee you the stands will be filled to see WHATS UP with these two bands after that Pigskin showing.
Anyway...I know I said PI by 7 but only because I know La Feria's defense is doing some decent things this year and it should be a pretty interesting game. I'm looking foward to this Friday, make it good, Tarpons.
I have to say...even though we don't get the same respect or support in return...I'd have to say that for the most part...I'm proud to be with the band supporting the football team, you guys are awesome. I made sure we played Eye of the Tiger last time for the first defensive play and if it's what ya still want...I'll keep doin it.

Good Luck against the Lions and don't get too over confident due to your W over the Bearkats. I hope you are starting to realize that it's not that the other teams are playing poorer this year (with the exception of Rio Hondo), it's because you're playing so much better....when's the last time you gave Los Fresnos a game like that??! And congrats on the raymondville game
Good Luck Missile... :p

TarponRl3k
10-20-2002, 04:18 PM
My dad just told me that a Rio Hondo football player went up to him at our uh...Pigskin marching band comp yesterday and asked if our football team won and all that and he said that we're definitely gonna take it all because La Feria is nothing...even though they had just gotten whooped by La Feria the night before.

****side thought****why doesn't our band have football players at our major comps supporting us?????*******

Even though from Rio Hondo, he's surely correct, PI will be undefeated district champs for sure this year...maybe instead of PI by 7...PI by 21. wink Good Luck

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-20-2002, 06:14 PM
How bad did Rio Hondo get beat by La Feria anyway? I never did see a score......

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Nevermind......I found the score. 44-0 La Feria.

Kristen, I hope what you said is true. :D
Then again, that guy from Rio Hondo might have only been pulling your dad's leg. Guys, don't get complacent now....

TarponRl3k
10-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Yeah, that was the score. You are right, which is why it kinda confused me that he would say they are nothing after taking such a beating only the night before. It's up to the players to do their best anyway, what other players say should in no way affect the way that our team plays, they know better than that...or at least they should...
PLEASE DO NOT INJURE ANY OF THE BAND MEMBERS PLAYING FOOTBALL! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING THAT YOU KEEP THEM SAFE, if you must....do not play them, if we march a hole at Area the next day, we would basically automatically not be considered for state qualifiers...and with as much support as we give you, at leat respect ONE of our requests, unlike many others that I will not bring up because it deals with the coaches and principal as well.

GOOD LUCK AGAINST THE LIONS.....KEEP IT A SAFE, CLEAN GAME AND DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE LA FERA.