PDA

View Full Version : Rangers trade John Danks to White Sox

VWG
12-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Danks, the Rangers minor league stud pitcher, traded for White Sox Brandon McCarthey.... all 6'7" of him. Pitched in relief last year for the Sox and the Rangers want to make him a starter.

Interesting move for the Rangers.

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 06:22 PM
good job management

why do i sense this will come back to haunt the rangers

AGAIN?!

big daddy russ
12-23-2006, 06:32 PM
McCarthy's young (he's what, 25 or so?) and at one point was one of the top five pitching prospects in the minors. Most pitchers don't usually start to develop until their late 20's, and he already has some major league experience.

Not saying it's a good or bad move, just saying give it time.

crzyjournalist03
12-23-2006, 06:46 PM
McCarthy is only a year and a half older than Danks and already has big league experience. He was a starter through his minor league career, and even started 12 games in the majors over the last two years. The White Sox traditionally use highly touted prospects as relievers before moving them to the rotation (see Mark Buerhle and Jon Garland). Chicago was planning on using him in the rotation next year. From all reports I've seen, McCarthy is the same pitcher as Danks, just a little farther along in development. Chicago was willing to make the deal because the Rangers threw in Nick Masset, who didn't have much of a future in Texas, but the Sox view him as a late inning set up man. Looks like one of those few trades that benefit both teams...I hate to see Danks go, but I'm a big McCarthy fan.

slpybear the bullfan
12-23-2006, 06:46 PM
We all knew they were going to have to trade one of the D's in the minors. I think Danks was probably the one with the most value.

Now, we just have to wait and see what we get.

GreenMonster
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
I just wish we still had Chris Young. :dispntd: All 6-10 of him. The really disappointing part is we only got an injury prone underachiever that bailed ship after one season. Now we have nothing to show for giving the Padres a solid starter that was huge in their rotation last year.

Adidas410s
12-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I just wish we still had Chris Young. :dispntd: All 6-10 of him. The really disappointing part is we only got an injury prone underachiever that bailed ship after one season. Now we have nothing to show for giving the Padres a solid starter that was huge in their rotation last year.
We still have Otsuka.