PDA

View Full Version : For Liberty Hill and Celina

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Two teams that will test the strengths and weaknesses of each other, but lets not forget the kids themselves

they have worked their tails off for this opportunity, and i know the people of both communities couldn't be more proud. Win or lose, this game is about champions, on and off the field, and i'm pretty sure every player's dream in august is to be in this position in december. For those whose sons are still playing, never let your children forget what brought them here, and what they play for.

People are watching you, from all across the country and all across the world (i know several that will be listening from the middle east--something i did myself a year ago).

This kids represent their towns, their parents and their schools, and i hope that in all classes, in all games today, every fan can know after the game, win or lose, that winning is only part of the game. For Tyler Franklin and the Waldrep family, for those from Liberty Hill who are struggling as we speak, this game is just a game, and yet something more.

If it was just a game, then it wouldn't be Texas football.

If my Bobcats fall tonight, at least i know they will have fallen to a truly great team. And if they win, i know they will be tested as never before. As a fan, that's all i can hope for.

Good luck to both, and

Go Bobcats!