PDA

View Full Version : texas vrs tenn.

awizzy
12-23-2006, 12:43 PM
they are one espn right now its been a good game and durant is too much to handle its about 4 min left and texas is up 14

awizzy
12-23-2006, 12:56 PM
50-35 half time texas ahead

RdaleBoi08
12-23-2006, 01:57 PM
81 Texas Tenneessee 76 With 4mins left

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 02:01 PM
every time tennessee pulls it in close texas takes the momentum right back--abrams had 3 quick 3's as tenn was making a little run

Texas is going to be good at the end of the year

Pmoney
12-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Tenn 88
Texas 87
11.4 sec left Texas ball

awizzy
12-23-2006, 02:07 PM
wow that was insane..i wont even be mad if we loose

awizzy
12-23-2006, 02:09 PM
ok i lied that made me mad

Pmoney
12-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
ok i lied that made me mad
ya i thought so

Pmoney
12-23-2006, 02:11 PM
what a play by Durant!!!!!!!!!! we are going to OT!!!!!!!!!

Texas 89
Tenn 89

awizzy
12-23-2006, 02:12 PM
durant is too good what a game this has turned out to been...i think tenn. should be in the top 25 and texas also...they beat okst and memphis these are two soild teams

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Durant is for real, i can tell you that!

game going to overtime, 89-89

awizzy
12-23-2006, 02:35 PM
man this was a hard game to loose but will help the horns out in the long run

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Durant travels almost every time he gets the ball on the low block, but the refs don't call it. Don't believe me? Go back and watch carefully. Also, it was a great play he made, but what he committed a charge, and it wasn't called. There should have been no overtime in this game, but the refs were calling for UT the entire game. The Longhorns were very lucky to even have got a chance to win that game.

Emerson1
12-23-2006, 02:45 PM
This isn't the NBA, the refs aren't going to go out of their way to make sure he gets special treatment.

If you want that call on Durant at the end, then the charge on Tennessee should of been called in OT.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
This isn't the NBA, the refs aren't going to go out of their way to make sure he gets special treatment.

If you want that call on Durant at the end, then the charge on Tennessee should of been called in OT.

I slept all the way up until the last :30 of the game, and I missed that in overtime, but I do believe that any foul, travel, carry, double dribble, etc., should be called no matter how much time is on the clock, so if it was in fact a charge, it should have been called. Referees are hired to make the calls and should do their job the entire game, no matter if there is 20 minutes or 20 seconds on the clock.

JasperDog94
12-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Durant travels almost every time he gets the ball on the low block, but the refs don't call it. Don't believe me? Go back and watch carefully. Also, it was a great play he made, but what he committed a charge, and it wasn't called. There should have been no overtime in this game, but the refs were calling for UT the entire game. The Longhorns were very lucky to even have got a chance to win that game. You have got to be kidding me. Tennessee got every single call late in that game. Every time the Vols ran into somebody, it was a blocking foul. Every time that Texas went at someone, it was a charge.

There was one play where the Texas guy was in place so long, he took a nap and played a complete game of Madden before he was run into.

Durant picked up his 4th foul with somewhere around 10 minutes in the 2nd half and had to play really careful. You could tell he was holding back until that last play of regulation.

3afan
12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You have got to be kidding me. Tennessee got every single call late in that game. Every time the Vols ran into somebody, it was a blocking foul. Every time that Texas went at someone, it was a charge.

There was one play where the Texas guy was in place so long, he took a nap and played a complete game of Madden before he was run into.

Durant picked up his 4th foul with somewhere around 10 minutes in the 2nd half and had to play really careful. You could tell he was holding back until that last play of regulation.

yeah Tennessee got some home cookin' in that 2nd half .... but it was a meaningless non-conf game anyway

JasperDog94
12-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
yeah Tennessee got some home cookin' in that 2nd half .... but it was a meaningless non-conf game anyway I sure would've liked to see Texas not give up that lead though. Although I'd say Tennessee earned that victory, not Texas losing it.

Mustangpride09
12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
man this was a hard game to loose but will help the horns out in the long run

How does blowing a 15 point lead help a team?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-23-2006, 11:07 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Tennessee got every single call late in that game. Every time the Vols ran into somebody, it was a blocking foul. Every time that Texas went at someone, it was a charge.

Okay, they were calling for UT for the first half, which is what I watched and know for a fact they were. No, I'm not kidding you, that was a charge.

JasperDog94
12-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Okay, they were calling for UT for the first half, which is what I watched and know for a fact they were. No, I'm not kidding you, that was a charge. If you didn't watch the 2nd half, then you dont' know what I'm talking about.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-23-2006, 11:13 PM
If you didn't watch the 2nd half, then you dont' know what I'm talking about.

I watched the last minute of the second half, and my only argument was that there should have been no overtime due to the referee not calling the charge, which was the correct and appropriate call. Also, I did take my first statement back, but the referees were also failing to call travelling in the first half on a regular basis. There is no argument, these things are facts. Facts are generally undisputable, unless you love to make arguments with no merit.

JasperDog94
12-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Basketball is a lot like baseball when it come to officiating. Some refs will call it and some refs won't. That's why you adjust to the game. You say it was a charge. Maybe it was. Goodness knows that anybody that saw that 2nd half knows that most of the calls (especially charging/blocking) were going against Texas.

Did you see Durant's 3rd foul where all he did was put his arms straight up, got run into by the shooter and was called for a foul? Or his 4th foul where he was starting to drive the ball and the defender tried to slide in front of him and Durant gets called for a charge? That charge against Durant changed the way he played the rest of the game until that last shot in regulation.

All that to say this: The game still went into overtime and both squads had a chance to win it. Tennessee made the plays when they needed to. They earned the win.

JasperDog94
12-24-2006, 12:37 AM
I watched the last minute of the second half, and my only argument was that there should have been no overtime due to the referee not calling the charge, which was the correct and appropriate call. I just caught the highlights on ESPN. If anything should have been called it should have been a blocking foul. Durant was going towards the basket (slightly left) and the defender was standing his ground. Durant jumped for the shot in front of the defender. The defender shuffled his feet to get under Durant and Durant came down on him. Durant should have had a chance to win the game. But it wasn't called. Oh well. But in no way, shape, or form was it a charge. Not when the defender's feet are moving.