PDA

View Full Version : i will prolly get trashed for this...

necks_c/09
12-22-2006, 10:47 PM
rex grossman is a good qb.

carter08
12-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Dude
No

He has had games where his QB rating was under 2

necks_c/09
12-22-2006, 10:49 PM
its under 4.....and it was like 1 game......last week he threw for 339 yds and 2 tds w/ no int

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
its under 4.....and it was like 1 game......last week he threw for 339 yds and 2 tds w/ no int

One good game out of how many?

necks_c/09
12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
he had 1 really bad game but he has strung 3 good ones together.....

necks_c/09
12-22-2006, 10:52 PM
and before that at the beginning of the seaon like the first 3 games he did pretty well too....

i never said he was greta or anything......he is pretty good but he has been inconsisitent but that is what yall see....yall do not look at the good games.
He is only in like his first real season and he has had a couple of bad games....who doesnt have those early in their career....and he has done well enough to get them 12 wins.....thats more than 30 other qb's can say....(phillip rivers got 12 also.......but look at that running game...)

luvhoops34
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Dude, you've eaten one too many tacos at Ramons!;)

carter08
12-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Dude, you've eaten one too many tacos at Ramons!;)

HAHAHAHA

Are you still in the DUb?

Chris Hart
12-22-2006, 10:58 PM
He's not that good, but there are some worse than him out there. The thing is, you don't have to be very good when your defense/special teams consistently puts up 14-21 pts week in and week out. Basically then you just have to not turn the ball over and you'll win most of the time, just like the Bears have done thus far this year. Just imagine if the Bears 'had' a good QB...:eek:

necks_c/09
12-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Dude, you've eaten one too many tacos at Ramons!;) their food is good though.....:D

luvhoops34
12-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by carter08
HAHAHAHA

Are you still in the DUb?

Hell yea, will prolly be here another month. Went to HEB today. The traffic is seriously messed up with all that construction and what is the deal with the long traffic lights on 35 at those little side streets????

carter08
12-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Hell yea, will prolly be here another month. Went to HEB today. The traffic is seriously messed up with all that construction and what is the deal with the long traffic lights on 35 at those little side streets????

The traffic situation is horrible. We don't need all the traffic lights there. Just get used to it. We all had to

big daddy russ
12-22-2006, 11:43 PM
He's better-than-average and he's still learning. I think people were too quick to give up on him after that rough stretch, but everyone was quick to forget about how he started the season. Granted, his receivers had something to do with that, but he's essentially still a rookie considering how much time he's missed due to injury. The game still hasn't slowed down to him, but I think he'll be better than Jake Plummer ever was before it's all said and done. About the same arm strength, but sacrifices some mobility for accuracy.

Leopards,class of 75
12-23-2006, 12:15 AM
rex grossman is a good qb. i would not call him a good Q.B. He is just on a good team.

neck_06
12-23-2006, 12:21 AM
i don't care how good of a QB he is here is the main fact:

The Bears are 12-2 with him at QB this year and have clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Rex Grossman + Da Bears = 12-2 (good fit)

bobcat74
12-23-2006, 12:28 AM
"Da Bears" gave up 30 somethin' pts. to the Bucs last week!! The Bucs!!

IMO "Da Bears" are better off playing w/10 players on offense and just direct snapping to Jones!! I think he should be able to avoid having 6 turnovers in a game. :evillol:

Snydertigersrul
12-23-2006, 01:42 PM
rex grossman is a good qb.

You are crazy. If it was not for the defense, the Bears would be last in their division.

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 01:46 PM
oh goodness, that's all we need, another trent dilfer!

All this proves is that most of the time, you need a great qb to win a Super Bowl, but not always, if everything else is good enough

necks_c/09
12-25-2006, 05:59 PM
if you guys havnt noticed rex put out another good performance on sunday to lead his bears to another win.....i think their now 13-2.......no ints.....and a comeback drive to take the lead......not to shabby......

yall are to quick to send him packing and yall are to quick to love this romo kid too.......neither have proved or disproved theirselves yet so just give him a chance will ya....

now i will say sumthing though and that is if he plays terrible in the playoffs and they get eliminated it will be mostly his fault b/c more than likely the bears D will show up......

i think they will play against the saints for the nfc championship and the winner ends up playing the chargers in the super bowl.
That would be a good scenario.

should be a great game....

piratebg
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Rex Grossman sucks. He can thank the Bears D and Special Teams for most of the teams wins.

LitanyofFury
12-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I think for a guy that's gotten to sit and learn for 3+ years or whatever he still makes WAY too many mistakes. You could tell earlier in the year that he was always looking for the deep ball and he was just chunking it up there.

He's definitely improved some over the past few weeks, but we'll see come playoff time how he performs. I'd be picking the Saints right now. . .not the Bears.