PDA

View Full Version : Closed Banner Thread

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I just have to say somethingabout that thread.

Ya know I do celebrate Chanukah (more accepted spelling) as my mother is Jewish, thus making me Jewish. My father is baptist so we celebrated both when I was younger. I don't have a problem at all with "Merry Christmas". To me Chanukah has always been more about religion and celebrating the perserverance of "my people". Unfortunatly I think too often in this country people do not hold Christmas in a religous aspect, it's about Santa and presents and for most has little to do with worship. Christmas has become for the most part a commercialized holiday that is secular. As a Jew I am never offended by the term "Merry Christmas". I think believe what you want to believe, but those of you that are getting upset that someone would object to saying Merry Christmas, do you really worship on that day or is it just a day you get presents? Chanukah can become the same way if you let it, all about presents and not about the true meaning. I do have a problem with someone saying "get over it" to someone that does object. We all have our rights to speak our mind and have our own religious beliefs. This country was founded by Christians and JEWS seeking religious freedom. Then again that's just my two cents being probably one of the few on the board that has grown up with a religious duality.

Old Tiger
12-22-2006, 07:39 PM
That is a great post

I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Emerson1
12-22-2006, 07:39 PM
It's usually the atheist who get all bent out of shape over it anyways.

thatsminty
12-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's usually the atheist who get all bent out of shape over it anyways.

I'm not bent all out of shape over it.

I just find it nice when everything is being recognized. Helps even things out.

jason
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
i just read it...why did it get closed???

Old Tiger
12-22-2006, 07:42 PM
i'll give you two guesses

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-22-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm not real sure why it got closed. Maybe someone got upset to people objecting to Merry Christmas.

jason
12-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
i'll give you two guesses enough said...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thatsminty
12-22-2006, 07:45 PM
why did it get closed?

Old Tiger
12-22-2006, 07:45 PM
SOMEONE was being lame

Emerson1
12-22-2006, 07:46 PM
No someone is lame

thatsminty
who? WHO!

Emerson1
YOU!

thatsminty
YOU!

pffft, plz

carter08
12-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Don't blame me

thatsminty
12-22-2006, 07:55 PM
dont hate me cuz you aint me

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Maybe if Tiger WR could contain himself and refrain from throwing stupid comments out there...

thatsminty
12-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Maybe if Tiger WR could contain himself and refrain from throwing stupid comments out there...

iawtp

Emerson1
12-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Don't hold your breath

carter08
12-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Don't hold your breath

Since his alter ego Texas Fight is now ROM, he must post all the stupid comments as Tiger WR

luvhoops34
12-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I can't believe that after the Christmas banner has been on here for as long as it has that certain people want to gripe about it. And then manage to get the tread closed. Way to go. You are defiling what Christimas is all about. Call Christmas whatever you want, who cares, I don't. And I won't be offended. Oh, by the way, the banner is still there and I hope it stays. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY , CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY, CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS , MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTAMS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS

bandera7
12-23-2006, 12:23 AM
In my family, religion has always been a major part of the family life. So Christmas is about Jesus. It is not commercialized, as many today have their Christmas'. It is still about Christ being born, and the significance that has on my life, and the life of the world. It is about thanking God for sending his son down to save my life, along with the lives of many others. I understand that this is not the belief of everybody. When I say Merry Christmas, I am extending the good feeling of the time of year. I am saying that I hope everybody has a great season, and that everybody finds some inner happiness. Whether you have commercialized Christmas, you havent, or if you celebrate something else, Christmas is a time of happiness for me, so I wish that happiness upon everybody else when I wish them a Merry Christmas. No, I have not grown up with dual religions, but that does not mean I do not respect them. I respect all religions. Without religion, what is the point of living life? It gives you something to live for, a reason for all that you do. So Merry Christmas is a term that I use to extend the happiness of this wonderful time of year to everybody, in the hopes that they have as great a time of year as I am.

wimbo_pro
12-23-2006, 12:29 AM
We all know who it was....we are all just afraid to say it out loud lest our computers explode and burn in a fiery death.

pirate4state
12-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
We all know who it was....we are all just afraid to say it out loud lest our computers explode and burn in a fiery death.

I don't know what ya'll are talking about. Why don't ya'll take the time to read through the rules. Again, if you have a problem with ME or any other mod/admin feel free to send us a PM.

Sunday can not come soon enough.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
In my family, religion has always been a major part of the family life. So Christmas is about Jesus. It is not commercialized, as many today have their Christmas'. It is still about Christ being born, and the significance that has on my life, and the life of the world. It is about thanking God for sending his son down to save my life, along with the lives of many others. I understand that this is not the belief of everybody. When I say Merry Christmas, I am extending the good feeling of the time of year. I am saying that I hope everybody has a great season, and that everybody finds some inner happiness. Whether you have commercialized Christmas, you havent, or if you celebrate something else, Christmas is a time of happiness for me, so I wish that happiness upon everybody else when I wish them a Merry Christmas. No, I have not grown up with dual religions, but that does not mean I do not respect them. I respect all religions. Without religion, what is the point of living life? It gives you something to live for, a reason for all that you do. So Merry Christmas is a term that I use to extend the happiness of this wonderful time of year to everybody, in the hopes that they have as great a time of year as I am.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
That's what I'm trying to say.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know what ya'll are talking about. Why don't ya'll take the time to read through the rules. Again, if you have a problem with ME or any other mod/admin feel free to send us a PM.

Sunday can not come soon enough.

I'm going to punch you right in the baby-maker.

luvhoops34
12-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by bandera7

Great Post! I wish more people felt this way instead of worrying about what is politically correct or whether they felt their religion got snubbed by whatever greeting somebody used!

charlesrixey
12-23-2006, 01:42 PM
is this really a thread on a 3A football board? Now people have to attack others' religion?

thank goodness the game starts in three hours

mustang04
12-23-2006, 01:54 PM
it is alot like Halloween to me......people say "Happy Halloween" meaning have a good evening of getting candy or watching your little kids run around in costumes or even YOU getting to run around in costumes...very few ppl mean it has what Halloween is REALLY based upon. Christmas, to me, is the JOLLY season...its just like all those OLD Christmas movies like Rudolph and whatnot...the bottom message of those movies was not "YOU HAVE TO BE A CHRISTIAN TO ENJOY CHRISTMAS"...the message they sent was that Christmas is a time of giving and caring and being with the family! Watch "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey.....at the end when Lucy Lou wishes him a Merry Christmas and says that no one should be alone on Christmas, you can see how that affects the Grinch and how Whoville cebrates it as well..they point it out as a time of caring.....NEVER is Christianity pointed out thruought the movie......I promise you if you went up to a person who didn't have anyone and looked them straight in the eye and said Merry Christmas...more than likely they would more than appreciate it

thatsminty
12-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
it is alot like Halloween to me......people say "Happy Halloween" meaning have a good evening of getting candy or watching your little kids run around in costumes or even YOU getting to run around in costumes...very few ppl mean it has what Halloween is REALLY based upon. Christmas, to me, is the JOLLY season...its just like all those OLD Christmas movies like Rudolph and whatnot...the bottom message of those movies was not "YOU HAVE TO BE A CHRISTIAN TO ENJOY CHRISTMAS"...the message they sent was that Christmas is a time of giving and caring and being with the family! Watch "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey.....at the end when Lucy Lou wishes him a Merry Christmas and says that no one should be alone on Christmas, you can see how that affects the Grinch and how Whoville cebrates it as well..they point it out as a time of caring.....NEVER is Christianity pointed out thruought the movie......I promise you if you went up to a person who didn't have anyone and looked them straight in the eye and said Merry Christmas...more than likely they would more than appreciate it

ron howard slaughtered "the grinch"

SintonFan
12-23-2006, 03:49 PM
But was the thread really ever closed?:thinking: :D

thatsminty
12-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
But was the thread really ever closed?:thinking: :D

more like "on pause"

SintonFan
12-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by thatsminty