PDA

View Full Version : Former Everman Player Signs

Matthew328
04-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Former Everman standout John Turntine who started for 3 years at TCU signed a free agent deal with the Detriot Lions....congrats to John, this is a culmination of all the hard work you have put in for all these years...you have been through more in your young life than most of us could ever imagine and you have stuck with it and never given up..as a freind and former teammate I am proud of you!

Phil C
04-28-2003, 03:03 PM
That is great news Matt! I know everyone here wishes him great sucess in his pro career. Thanks for sharing the information with us Matt.

Ladykat5
04-29-2003, 07:14 PM
From what I heard yesterday by one of our coaches one of Kennedales former players, Wes Bautovich, got picked up by I think he said New York Jets. I think he signed as a free agent but I am not really sure. Then we have Cedric James playing for the Vikings which I think most everyone already knows. How about that 8-3A... hehe I will try to get back with better information when i find out more. I am not trying to brag on Kennedale or anything I just think its really neat when someone from a school in the area, especially 3A, goes pro in anything. God bless everyone.

qb12
04-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Wes Bautavich...Strong safety for Texas aTm right?? Great ballplayer.

Ladykat5
04-29-2003, 09:30 PM
I thought he played quaterback at A&M for awhile and then he moved to a diff college but i could be wrong.

Buffalo
04-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Saw him play in high school
congatulations

Landry
04-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Wes Bautovich went to Texas A&M at Kingsville out of high school to play quarterback. He then transferred to Texas A&M at College Station and was moved to the secondary. You were probably still in Godley at that time LadyKat5.

Showtime33
04-30-2003, 01:19 AM
I played against both James and Bautavich in HS. Both are great athletes.

Matthew328
04-30-2003, 08:42 AM
I guess I could tell a few of you what happened with John and why his story is so special..when John was in 7th grade he lived with his mother in Mississippi who was a security guard...she was murdered while at work and John and his sister were forced to move to Ft Worth with his father...John's father was abussive at the time and physically abused both John and his sister. John's sister went back to Mississippi to live with their grandparents and John ran away...for a few weeks in 8th grade John was homeless...some nights he had no place to stay other nights he'd stay with freinds..yet John still managed to attend school reguarly...a teacher took John in for a while and then John moved in with his then girlfreind...his g/f's parents took him in becuase he had no where else to go...their relationship turned into more of a brother/sister relationship as time passed...now John who was all-state in football and all region in basketball at Everman has a degree from TCU and is trying to earn a spot in the NFL...truly a good story..

Ladykat5
04-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Thats an amazing story. Landry who told you I went to Godley? haha. I've been in Kennedale for all my years. Thank you for correcting what I said about Wes though. I wasnt very sure.