PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Bills/ Oilers

carter08
12-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Game is being shown on ESPN

I don't know if i can watch
I've heard stories about it
But seeing it could be tough

For the lost souls, this was the Divisional Playoff Game in which Frank Reich led the Bills to an improbable comeback victory

wimbo_pro
12-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Only YOU would bring up something as painful as that game...you idiot.

Blastoderm55
12-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Probably the most painful pro game I've ever watched. I was such a huge Oilers fan back then, and to see them blow that lead was just horrible. I'm glad I'm not at home to witness it again. :(

turbostud
12-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I remember this game. The Oilers were up I think 35-3 at halftime and ended up losing.

charlesrixey
12-22-2006, 01:11 PM
oh YEAH!

as cowboy fans, we don't have to worry about THAT NFL record

wimbo_pro
12-22-2006, 01:22 PM
True...cowboy fans only need to worry about the record of "most arrested"...or "NFL Team Who Served More Time"

BreckTxLonghorn
12-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
True...cowboy fans only need to worry about the record of "most arrested"...or "NFL Team Who Served More Time"

Give Cincy a couple of years, they'll blow those records away.

charlesrixey
12-22-2006, 01:28 PM
arrests just go with the super bowl these days

Eugene Robinson getting arrested the day before the SB trying to get a prositute, the day after winning the award for best character.

Ray Lewis..........need i say more?

besides, i never said we've been a classy organization since 92', just an average NFL team arrest-wise!

apparently, we'll never catch up with the Trail Blazers!
O darn!

charlesrixey
12-22-2006, 01:29 PM
true, in cincy it is a rookie 'rite of passage'

Sinton94
12-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Game is being shown on ESPN

I don't know if i can watch
I've heard stories about it
But seeing it could be tough

For the lost souls, this was the Divisional Playoff Game in which Frank Reich led the Bills to an improbable comeback victory

what time?

carter08
12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
what time?

right now :(

STANG RED
12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Warren Moon = Biggest NFL chocking QB of all time!
I really liked Moon, but just never knew when he was going to be really hot, or really cold. He was both in this game. But, if I remember correctly, they also missed a couple FGs in the second half of this game that would have got them the win.

Blastoderm55
12-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Didn't Moon also get injured late in this game, leaving Cody What'sHisName to finish? If anyone dropped the ball, it was the D for crumbling with such a lead at the hands of a backup QB.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Warren Moon = Biggest NFL chocking QB of all time!
I really liked Moon, but just never knew when he was going to be really hot, or really cold. He was both in this game. But, if I remember correctly, they also missed a couple FGs in the second half of this game that would have got them the win.

I agree with Moon choking alot but in this game you really can't give him much of the credit. He played very well in the first half and not too bad in the second. I mean the Oilers defense is what really crumbled in the second half, gave up some huge runs and passes. Moon did nearly drive them down to win the game in the last few minutes.

STANG RED
12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I agree with Moon choking alot but in this game you really can't give him much of the credit. He played very well in the first half and not too bad in the second. I mean the Oilers defense is what really crumbled in the second half, gave up some huge runs and passes. Moon did nearly drive them down to win the game in the last few minutes.

No doubt the D did crumble, but Moon and the O had lots of 3 and outs in that second half, so the D was on the field nearly the whole time. Seems like he threw a couple of real bad ints also, if I remember correctly. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt all Moons doing, but he did play pretty poorly that 2nd half.

carter08
12-22-2006, 03:15 PM
The coaches were too conservative that final drive

dogdad
12-22-2006, 05:42 PM
aren't the Oilers the football team in Houston back when Houston had professional football?

JJ7997
12-22-2006, 07:29 PM
How could you remind us of such a horrendous thing ? That was the day I stopped giving a flip about the NFL.

Leopards,class of 75
12-22-2006, 11:32 PM
If I remember right, this game went into overtime. That year could have been an all Texas Super Bowl.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah it went to overtime, the Oilers had a chance with the winning drive very late in the fourth and ran a draw play and a couple short passes I think. Very conservative and settled for the field goal that tied the game to go to overtime. Settling really demorilized the players on the Oilers sidelines.