PDA

View Full Version : Alabama

stxfootballfan
12-22-2006, 11:30 AM
If Alabama is such a great program, with great facilities and recruiting power, how come no one has taken the job?

CenTexSports
12-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I have heard several interviews concerning this and there are mixed feelings. Gene Stallings says that everybody should want this job because it is without question the best pure college fooball position in the nation. Best program, facilities, and tradition.

On the other hand whoever takes this job will always be working in the shadow of the "BEAR." Plus you will always be compared to his legacy. This is why Bill Curry says it is one of the toughest jobs to fill.

carter08
12-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Exactly what he said

Bama is a great program, but there is a lot to live up to because of Bear Bryant

stxfootballfan
12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Colin Cowherd on Alabama :
"Bama looks in the mirror and sees Brad Pitt but what they really are is Brad Garret"

This is from a few weeks ago
skip ahead to min 4:15
http://weagleweagle.com/audio/herd_11292006_3.mp3

BILLYFRED0000
12-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Colin Cowherd on Alabama :
"Bama looks in the mirror and sees Brad Pitt but what they really are is Brad Garret"

This is from a few weeks ago
skip ahead to min 4:15
http://weagleweagle.com/audio/herd_11292006_3.mp3

Now there is the truth. They need to wake up and smell the late.
Coffee is so 20th century.

big daddy russ
12-22-2006, 02:51 PM
From what I've heard from some of my friends (and this is complete hearsay) is that there's a lot of internal politics going on in Tuscaloosa right now.

Granted, the money and prestige alone should be enough to lure a big name, but I don't know if they can do it. There aren't many big names left to my knowledge, and that could be one of the reasons they're pushing for Saban so hard.

Realistically, who's left that they might want? June Jones is a good coach with Super Bowl credentials, but he's up there in years and probably likes Hawaii. Same with Chris Ault at Nevada. Bo Pellini (I think) would be the last one out there, but who knows what he's going to do.

District303aPastPlayer
12-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Alabama believes they are a big time coaching position still... no one else in America does though....

Old Tiger
12-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Because Bama is history only

big daddy russ
12-22-2006, 11:33 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, they were a top-tier program just five or six years ago. They have more modern NC's (modern is since the AP started awarding it in the 30's, 1934 if I remember correctly) than anyone this side of Notre Dame, and that alone could make them a recruiting powerhouse again if they find some success.

Couple that with all those Heisman Trophieeeees...... oops. The guys who want to win the Heisman go to Auburn. My bad. :D

Tx Challenge
12-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
As much as it pains me to say it, they were a top-tier program just five or six years ago. They have more modern NC's (modern is since the AP started awarding it in the 30's, 1934 if I remember correctly) than anyone this side of Notre Dame, and that alone could make them a recruiting powerhouse again if they find some success.

Couple that with all those Heisman Trophieeeees...... oops. The guys who want to win the Heisman go to Auburn. My bad. :D

:D :D :D :clap: :clap:

raider red 2000
12-23-2006, 10:28 AM
bama's new coach

http://www.creedscove.com/sites/al/newcoach