PDA

View Full Version : Someone Broke into (nf)

injuredinmelee
12-21-2006, 07:59 PM
My sisters house today while they were at work. They unwrapped all the xmas presents. Luckily she had only wrapped clothes to this point so they didnt take any of that. The toys and etc were all in the garage in bags. They didnt get touched. They turned over all the mattresses and emptied all the drawers. They even emptied the stockings. My nephew is distraught that they took his PS2.

piratebg
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Very sad to hear about that. This is the time of year where buglaries are on the rise. Some people just have no respect at all. Hopefully this does not spoil their Christmas.

SWMustang
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
hopefully there's a special place in hell for anyone who would do that. Are you taking donations to help the little guy replace his PS2?

injuredinmelee
12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
hopefully there's a special place in hell for anyone who would do that. Are you taking donations to help the little guy replace his PS2?
I think I will give him mine actually and just buy my kids the 360 that they want for christmas.

CalallenWildcat
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow, if I had the money to do it I'd buy the kid a PS2. That's terrible that anyone would do that. We have been burglarized twice and I knwo it's no fun. I'll pray that whoever is the perpetrator of the crime will be caught and served justice.

luvhoops34
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
About the only time we have any burglaries in our area is around Christmas. It's bad to be ripped of anytime of the year, but Christmas is the worst. I just can't understand someone that would steal a kids Christmas presents.

Emerson1
12-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Someone broke into our house about 15 years ago and stole all my clothes.

Ps2's are only $120 now, shouldn't be that hard to replace.

mwynn05
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Someone broke into our house about 15 years ago and stole all my clothes.

Ps2's are only $120 now, shouldn't be that hard to replace. Dude $120 is a lot of money. It sucks to hear about the burglary. The worst part about being robbed isnt the material things its the lost of comfort and safety you feel in your home we were robbed one time before i was born

big daddy russ
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Wow, if I had the money to do it I'd buy the kid a PS2. That's terrible that anyone would do that. We have been burglarized twice and I knwo it's no fun. I'll pray that whoever is the perpetrator of the crime will be caught and served justice.
A burglary in Portland? That had to be all over the news. :D :D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Theft Preventative:

http://www.blank-firing-guns.com/gun-sword_1734_7893571.gif

Old Tiger
12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Theft Preventative:

http://www.blank-firing-guns.com/gun-sword_1734_7893571.gif Nah...here is the real theft preventative

http://www.thedogplace.com/Reference/Chihuahua/Chi_Rio_Wanna_Fight.jpg

44INAROW
12-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I hope whoever did it has a chronic case of hemmoroids - :mad: :mad:

injuredinmelee
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM
a little update after my sister and her hubby went through the house:

The trash that broke in actually stole kids clothes. MY sister has 4 kids all 6(almost 7) or younger (go ahead make the jokes I do it to her all the time) and the theives actually took the time to go through each kids clothes and stole clothing. Can you imagine? They didnt take big electronics like televisions because people would have seen them carrying that out the front door on a busy street. All of the stuff is replaceable but they both work hard to provide for all their brood. You can imagine what daycare cost for the 3 kids that are not old enough to go to school.

Their kids didnt sleep well last night. I am sure they all ended up sleeping in the same room. I had picked up my nephew, the oldest along with my two kids from school yesterday and when I had to go back to work my mom took all of the kids to my sisters house to drop him off. That was when they found out someone had broken in. My daughter would nto do anything alone last night. I had to turn the lights on in dark rooms for her etc. It is amazing what something liek that does to young children. I couldnt imagine being violated like that but I never really thought about how it destroys the peace most kids feel in their own home.

My nephew is a good kid. He has his moments of pain in the butt, however he does have soem emotional issues. He is a very very very smart kid. Does great in math at school and reads better than my daughter who is 2 yrs older. He has a bad habit when things are bothering him of pulling hair out from the front of his scalp. When his world is good he is okay. He still has to take meds to help with his behaviour. They rent the house that was broken into. The last place they lived was also a rental and when the landlord failed to way the mortgage they were forced to move with less than a months notice because the house was being repoed for lack of a better term from its owners. This was less than a month ago. My nephew didnt want to move. He liked his old house because it was in the country and he had lots of room to roam. HE started pulling hair out again when he found out that he had to move from the territory he had established as his own. He had finally stopped and I hope and pray for him that he deals with this.

I guess the reason I tell this story to the Dlow is because I know how gracious and caring most of us are and I hope that you will all pray for this part of my family in hopes that the children will be able to put aside the drama that some greedy, spineless piece of trash has dropped on a young struggling family during the holidays. I pray that this wont cause stress the rest of their lives during this time of year. I know from experience how things stay with you. I had soem horrible things happen to me as a child during the christmas season and all these years later i still have a hard time this time of year. I jsut want to get through it every year and get it over with. I pray and beg that these kids dont have to carry that burden also.

pirate4state
12-22-2006, 09:06 AM
This really sucks for your family. :( Luckly, no one was home when these punks broke in. :mad: I have never understood the motiviation/deparation these type of people must be feeling when they steal from someone else. :dispntd: :dispntd:

I hope the kids aren't to scared by this.

CalallenWildcat
12-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
A burglary in Portland? That had to be all over the news. :D :D :D

One of them they never caught :(

The other one they caught about a month later. He had burglarized 7 houses in Portland and 11 in Rockport.