PDA

View Full Version : I need some positive thoughts and....

lepfan
12-21-2006, 07:29 PM
....prayers that I get out of this frozen hell hole tomorrow! I am getting massive cabin fever being shut in for these last 3 days...I have no more laundry to do so I am now bored. A person can only lay in bed, read, and watch so much TV. I never thought I would say it, but I am BORED!!!! It is supposed to be above freezing for a few hours and if I can just get about 100 miles east I have it made (as far as the snow and ice goes). I must get to SE OKLA. for Christmas!!! I have not done shopping and must get that finished on Saturday. Leave it to me to procrastinate (did I spell that right?).

luvhoops34
12-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I hope you make it for Christmas!

Emerson1
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Go buy guitar hero.

DU_stud04
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Go buy guitar hero. ill second that one.

Bandera YaYa
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
OMG you haven't done your shopping yet?? I would be frantic!! I hope it thaws out so you can get to the stores!!! Good luck!!! (and if you don't , it's ok....spending time with family and friends is a gift in itself) Merry Christmas!!! :)

lepfan
12-21-2006, 10:36 PM
I have one gift bought!!! Guitar Hero???? will that solve all my problems.... LOL ....if it will then I will buy 2!!! I will be giving more gift cards this year!!!

Alaska cat
12-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
....prayers that I get out of this frozen hell hole tomorrow! I am getting massive cabin fever being shut in for these last 3 days...I have no more laundry to do so I am now bored. A person can only lay in bed, read, and watch so much TV. I never thought I would say it, but I am BORED!!!! It is supposed to be above freezing for a few hours and if I can just get about 100 miles east I have it made (as far as the snow and ice goes). I must get to SE OKLA. for Christmas!!! I have not done shopping and must get that finished on Saturday. Leave it to me to procrastinate (did I spell that right?).

Well if you make it to SE Okla let me know...its 60 and sunny over here now:)

SintonFan
12-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Me and the misses bought a couple of hand-held Yahtzee games last year. Perfect for those times when you get stir-crazy feelings and just need to unwind.:) Good luck getting to OK.:)

lepfan
12-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Well if you make it to SE Okla let me know...its 60 and sunny over here now:) Grrr.....I talked to my mom this morning...she was saying "Man the sun is so bright I can't hardly see!" ---- Not gonna tell you what I thought about saying! ;) A friend livng here is headed out to OK tomorrow also...we are gonna follow each other to Dodge and then head south!!!!!

BobcatBenny
12-22-2006, 01:00 AM
I need some positive thoughts and....
I am positive that it would be a mistake to drive on unsafe roads. ;)

Better to be safe than sorry.

lepfan
12-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Ok guys...if I head east for 50 miles (roads are slushy wet--not frozen) I should be in the clear! I am out of here in about 10 minutes. The sun is shining bright and the temp is 19 degrees right now...supposed to get up to a whopping 44 today!!!!

44INAROW
12-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Good Luck Jill - Hope you get to SE Oklahoma safe and sound. I have procrastinated myself but did get the bulk of the shopping and wrapping done last night -Hubby and I FINALLY got the inside decorations up and it is beginning to look like Christmas. (bout time) gotta do some last minute things after work today, then I am done - I am waiting with baited breathe for my middle son to drive in from FLA - he got to Pascagoula, MS last night and was in Baton Rouge on his last update this morning. I am glad he chose to drive instead of fly though - seems the airports are clogged up bigtime from the Denver blizzard situation.......
thank heavens you still have TV and the internet.. Can you imagine being stuck in the house for 3 days without that?? eewwww

3afan
12-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Go buy guitar hero.

go buy a GUITAR !!!

here's one for under $100 (Epiphone is made by Gibson)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-DR100-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=518569

3afan
12-22-2006, 11:38 AM
or spend a few more $s and get a starter package such as ....
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D8GAP-Acoustic-Guitar-Pack?sku=515437

lepfan
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
go buy a GUITAR !!!

LOL

I made it!!!! I am off to Paris now...gonna do some midnight shopping!!!

luvhoops34
12-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Glad you had a safe trip. Merry Christmas!