PDA

View Full Version : AP All-State poll sometimes doesn't make much sense...

kaorder1999
12-21-2006, 05:59 PM
The AP All-State poll is SUPPOSED to take regular seaosn stats into consideration ONLY! NO POST SEASON...

Look at these stats...

Logan Turner
Springtown HS

PASSING

221-364 for 3257 yards and 37 td's

RUSHING

701 yards and 4 tds

ALL OF THIS IN 10 GAMES
---------------------------------------------------------

I talked to an AP voter and he said the consensus was that Turner was only named Honorable Mention because they werent a playoff team. That doesnt make much sense to me!

Rabbit'93
12-21-2006, 11:18 PM
seems to me if he did that on a NON playoff team then it's even more impressive.

kaorder1999
12-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
seems to me if he did that on a NON playoff team then it's even more impressive.

good point

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2006, 08:43 AM
You must remember that there are tons of kids that are talented out there. Many get overlooked somehow (Aston Whiteside from Vernon for example). It happens. When national letter of intent day comes many will still get overlooked. It is just a fact of life. That is the real tragedy. But those kids that want to keep on playing will suck it up and walk on somewhere with something to prove.

Going to football games every week we as fans know who the great players are. Some will get on an all star list and other will get overlooked. I congratulate the ones that are selected. Because there are so few of them it is a real honor to be selected. If they gave it to more players it would water down the award and not mean as much.

The TSWA all-state will be the next to come out and they will take into account the playoffs. You should see more kids that showed up at that time making the list. Good luck to Vernon's Aston Whiteside.

Emerson1
12-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Did you know he lived in Forney up until a couple years back?

Old Tiger
12-22-2006, 09:37 AM
It's all about your teams PR.