PDA

View Full Version : Crow is being served!

turbostud
12-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by husker_football_fan: The real 3A football is played in this location, far from the rio grand valley my friend. Port Isabel 63
Rice 61
Looks like husker_football_fan has some crow to chew on.

sinton66
12-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Heh, heh, I LOVE it! Way to go Tarpons!!

SintonFan
12-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Those boys are good. Rice had a hard time stopping them.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Talking about eating crow, Maybe Husker-fan sould have waited, before he posted Bellville starts basketball on monday!

turbostud
12-06-2003, 09:50 PM
ttt

Ranger Mom
12-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Isn't crow just NASTY!!!!

That is why I don't talk smack on here - I don't want to have to eat crow (it puts me in a "fowl" mood!!) :D :D

turbostud
12-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Where are the PI fans? Are they home yet?

sinton66
12-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Maybe not, could still be celebrating in San Antonio. And then there is that LOOOOONG drive. :D

turbostud
12-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Yea I guess you are right. I cant wait to hear their game analysis.

footballgal
12-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Here is one of them!!!

It was a crazy one, but it was a great game, this one beat my all time,( When PI beat the #1 ranked Cuero Team in '94)

BTW the trip seemed alot shorter back for some reason!!! :D

sinton66
12-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Watch for footballgal to post. She'll prolly be the first one on here. Kool Tarpon 21 and the other players will be much later getting home. Them boys ought to be eating steak tonight! wink

sinton66
12-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Lo and behold, here she is. Congrats footballgal, sounded like it was a terrific game. SintonFan was there giving me updates.

turbostud
12-07-2003, 12:06 AM
66, did you take lessons from Miss Cleo?

Ranger Mom
12-07-2003, 12:07 AM
turbostud:
66, did you take lessons from Miss Cleo?LOL!! That's kinda what I was thinking!!

CheerMom
12-07-2003, 12:28 AM
By going into 4OT's, I think PI had just as hard of time stopping Rice. This was no one sided game. It came down to who could convert, and Rice came up short. And to the fans who harassed my daughter(who is a cheerleader)as she tried to walk to our vehicle, you showed a lot of class. She was already in tears and you made it worse by yelling "loser go home" to her. I heard it, along with several other people within hearing distance. We may of come up short today, but we know who the true winners are!!

spaniard
12-07-2003, 12:31 AM
CheerMom:
By going into 4OT's, I think PI had just as hard of time stopping Rice. This was no one sided game. It came down to who could convert, and Rice came up short. And to the fans who harassed my daughter(who is a cheerleader)as she tried to walk to our vehicle, you showed a lot of class. She was already in tears and you made it worse by yelling "loser go home" to her. I heard it, along with several other people within hearing distance. We may of come up short today, but we know who the true winners are!!hey cheermom, just remember that you guys had an awesome season, and for the few village idiots that yell crap like that, dont leave with a bitter taste about PI, those few dont represent the whole town. this is one thing i've learned in my "many" years, hehe.

sinton66
12-07-2003, 12:34 AM
turbostud:
66, did you take lessons from Miss Cleo?Heh,heh. I amaze myself sometimes. Not really, just know footballgal's dedication to the Tarpons. She's a very nice person and a tremendous fan. wink

footballgal
12-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks Sinton66, you know me well, without knowing me :) It was a crazy game. Neither defense could stop of others offense. But in the end the SeaWall defense made it count, with an exclamation point! There must of been 1000 yards combined. Seems like two games were played, the regular game which ended in a 35, 35 score. (PI might have ended the game at regular regulation, with a 45 yard kick, but the kick came up short) Then the 4 overtimes, adding another 28+ points. Whewwww, it was an emotionally draining game. But we as fans feed of, of each other and hopfully the players did the same with the fans.

To: Cheermom, I am sorry that had to happen to your daughter, there is always a village idiot in every town, so on behalf of rest of the good fans, apologies for the shameful mishap.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

turbostud
12-07-2003, 01:26 AM
ttt

PI-fan
12-07-2003, 01:35 AM
CheerMom:
By going into 4OT's, I think PI had just as hard of time stopping Rice. This was no one sided game. It came down to who could convert, and Rice came up short. And to the fans who harassed my daughter(who is a cheerleader)as she tried to walk to our vehicle, you showed a lot of class. She was already in tears and you made it worse by yelling "loser go home" to her. I heard it, along with several other people within hearing distance. We may of come up short today, but we know who the true winners are!!PI had a hard time stoppin the RBs, Rice had a hard time stoppin the PI Offense. Rice scored on long runs, PI scored on impressive drives.

Speaking of village idiots, where is that guy that said it was gonna be 80-0? How bout his brother who said that Devine's offense was better than PIs? LOLOLOLOL :D :D :D :D :D :D

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 03:36 AM
yummmm!!!

turbostud
12-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Speaking of village idiots, where is that guy that said it was gonna be 80-0? How bout his brother who said that Devine's offense was better than PIs? LOLOLOLOL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems some people have disappeared. :D

CheerMom
12-07-2003, 01:59 PM
I agree that all communities have village idiots, but none of our comments were made in person to deliberately hurt someone. There were also PI fans that came into our stands at the end of the game and taunted our fans. I think this was pretty classless after such a class filled game. Maybe you need to make sure these people stay home when you face Marlin. Congrats on a great game. It's a shame someone had to go home with a loss. Good Luck against Marlin.

PI-fan
12-07-2003, 02:47 PM
CheerMom:
I agree that all communities have village idiots, but none of our comments were made in person to deliberately hurt someone.Maybe its even worse when those rice backers were making their condesending comments in this forum cuz it disrepected more ppl than that incident with your daughter. They said stuff like, 'Real football isn't played in the valley'- That sure sounds like deliberately said to hurt people, but its ok to u cuz it wasn't in person?-Geez :rolleyes: ..and oh what did u say when they said that to your daughter? I'm sure u stood your ground, right? i know i would've said something if it was the other way around.

OH, and i don't know how u the fans/players? became the 'real' winners(there is that REAL word again :rolleyes: ), because of some ignorant people.

CheerMom
12-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Actually, nothing was said in response. Unlike some people, I am a gracious loser. Once again, good luck against Marlin!!

Football GOD
12-07-2003, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CheerMom:
<strong>By going into 4OT's, I think PI had just as hard of time stopping Rice. This was no one sided game. It came down to who could convert, and Rice came up short. And to the fans who harassed my daughter(who is a cheerleader)as she tried to walk to our vehicle, you showed a lot of class. She was already in tears and you made it worse by yelling "loser go home" to her. I heard it, along with several other people within hearing distance. We may of come up short today, but we know who the true winners are!!</strong>[/QUOC
CHEERMOM,I WAS AT THE GAME LIKE ALWAYS AND NEVER DID I NOTICE ANYTHING LIKE THAT BY OUR FANS.AS A MATTER A FACT I WENT AND INTRODUCED MYSELF W/
THE RICE PLAYERS BY THE TEAM BUS AFTER THE GAME
TOLD THEM HOW PROUD THEY SHOULD BE AND NOT TO HANG THEY'RE HEADS CAUSE IT WAS ANYONE'S GAME TIL THE FINAL PLAY.THEY ARE ONE HECK OF A TEAM WE TARPONS KNOW THE FEELING OF LOOSING A GAME LIKE THIS, AND IN KNOW WAY WOULD WE INTEND TO RUB IT IN ANYONE'S FACE,BUT YOU WERE PRESENT AND I'M SURE IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND YOU GUYS WOULD BE CELEBRATING A BIG WIN LIKE THAT LIKE CRAZY .
OH BY THE WAY SOME OF OUR TARPON FANS CAME INTO THE GAME ON YOUR SIDE OF THE STADIUM AND WERE TOLD BY RICE FANS THAT PORT ISABEL DID NOT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST A GREAT TEAM LIKE RICE SO YOU SEE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...SO PEACE ...
RICE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR AWESOME PLAYERS
RETURNING!!! GO BLUE!GO WHITE!
GO TARPONS! 2003-THE YEAR OF THE MIGHTY TARPONS**

SO GET RID OF THE SOUR TASTE AND BE PROUD OF
RICE TEAM SUCCESS!!!THIS GAME IS NOT ABOUT YOUR DAUHTER BUT THE BOYZ PLAYING THE GAME,THINK OF THEM AND CONGRATULATE THEM,REGARDLESS THEY DESERVE THAT FROM YOU ALL!!!

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Football GOD ]</small>

CheerMom
12-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks, Football God. I'm sure that hearing words from some of the PI fans was appreciated by our boys. This isn't a case of sour grapes, I just didn't appreciate my daughter being verbally attacked(which I heard myself). But, I'm also sorry that some of our fans were rude, also. It was a great game and one I'm sure that will not be forgotten soon. As I said before good luck against Marlin and represent Region IV with pride.

CheerMom
12-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Also, we are very proud of our boys and they know it!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2003, 10:45 PM
CheerMom:
By going into 4OT's, I think PI had just as hard of time stopping Rice. This was no one sided game. It came down to who could convert, and Rice came up short. And to the fans who harassed my daughter(who is a cheerleader)as she tried to walk to our vehicle, you showed a lot of class. She was already in tears and you made it worse by yelling "loser go home" to her. I heard it, along with several other people within hearing distance. We may of come up short today, but we know who the true winners are!!WOO!!!! Just got home from San Antonio, and what a game!!!!

CheerMom, i'm sorry that happened to you and your daughter, please don't think that we're all like that.

Rice had a very good team, and I want to congratulate them on a great game, and a fine season.

Rice's players, and fans have earned my respect through their support, and the level of toughness and hard playing they showed. However, I have NO RESPECT whatsoever for Rice's coaching staff.

Rice's coaches, as they were exiting the bus when they arrived at the stadium, gave some of our fans some real hateful stares. And during the game, when Rice scored their first TD, some of Rice's coaches felt it necessary to TAUNT OUR FANS AND OUR COACHES!!!!!!!

That kind of attitude, OUT OF A COACH, is totally unnecessary and UNCALLED FOR! So before you go off complaining about a couple of "bad apple" fans, take a look at your own coaching staff before passing judgement on us.

Sorry, I really needed to get that off of my chest.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 06:04 PM
I said all of the comments that have been posted. Why yell at someone taking the loss hard. I am not a Rice Raider, I supported them in their drive to state. I have said over and over how great that game was. You can not tell me that PI played the same game against LH as they did against Rice. I said Rice would score 35 points at least mmmmmmmm. 35-35 end of the fourth. The seawall defense didnt do much. As for the offense comming into the game only teams that spread the field would win. Being a Nebraska fan I love the option offense and PI ran it well against a team that refused to slow play it. It was a great game. Sorry the best football is not from the rio grand vally, on a great sunny day in san antonio PI was one play better. What a hell of a game.

PI-fan
12-09-2003, 02:15 AM
husker_football_fan:
The seawall defense didnt do much. Sorry the best football is not from the rio grand vally. And Rice's defense did? lol

The best football can't be from your area either, cuz if it was then they would still be playing! eek! :D :D :D :D :D

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: PI-fan ]</small>