PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Highlights

BH_146
05-18-2003, 02:13 PM
In looking over the results from 3A, here are some of the outcomes which stand out. Starting with the Barbers Hill-La Grange series, all 3 games end with a 4-3 score. I guess it didn't matter who was home or visitor, just who could score 4 runs first. Adrian Alaniz's 17 K's for Sinton, I hope I get to see him pitch. There are 2 district runner-ups still in contention; Woodville-District 20 and Gonzalez-District 27. And then we have Mineola, a third place team out of District 11. Not only have they advanced, but they have done so by dropping the first game in their three match-ups. They beat one second place team and 2 first place teams. As they say, that's using your WITS (whatever it takes). Congrats to them.

sinton66
05-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Out of the five series I tried to predict, both you guys and Bandera zapped me. After watching BH play the final game Saturday, I found myself suitably impressed with your efforts. Similarly, after Bandera popped Yoakum Saturday, I gotta give them their due also. It's getting real interesting! wink

Bandera YaYa
05-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Here's a stand out game...Ist game in the series between Bandera and Yoakum..bottom of 7th inning,Yoakum is at bat, the bases are loaded ,there are no outs....the score is 3-2, Bandera leads.....1st Yoakum batter swings out, the next batter pops out....one out left, bases are still loaded....but Fields finds 3 more strikes and then it's over!! Talk about an exciting end to a good game!!