PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Article in the Austin-American Statesman

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
There is a nice article in here about Cody Lattimore, but the Statesman brought up the incident of a parent who came down to the sidelines and yelled at him for delivering a decleating hit to his son. I know this was brought up before, and I'm sure that the fans in the stands from Liberty Hill know more about the details of the situation than any of the ones from Rockdale, so can any of you explain what happened? I think that it would be good for someone to step up and give us the details on what happened, as this is not representative of the entire Rockdale fan base, player sportsmanship, and class that Rockdale represents. The parent is supposedly an administrative member of the RHS faculty, so can anyone clear this up for me?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-21-2006, 12:32 AM
So, is this just a rumor, or does anyone not know anything?

RdaleBoi08
12-21-2006, 01:04 AM
What Rumor?

LHMom
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I was at the game, and saw the commotion just after it happened, but what info I had is really hearsay and not a great deal more than you've already posted. I "heard" that the father of the Rockdale kid came over to our sidelines and grabbed Cody by the jersey... then our principal went to calm things down.. That's about it... Again - didn't see it first hand so don't be jumpin' on me!!

Maroon87
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
I was at the game, and saw the commotion just after it happened, but what info I had is really hearsay and not a great deal more than you've already posted. I "heard" that the father of the Rockdale kid came over to our sidelines and grabbed Cody by the jersey... then our principal went to calm things down.. That's about it... Again - didn't see it first hand so don't be jumpin' on me!!

The father is lucky he didn't get dogpiled.

3afan
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
There is a nice article in here about Cody Lattimore, but the Statesman brought up the incident of a parent who came down to the sidelines and yelled at him for delivering a decleating hit to his son. I know this was brought up before, and I'm sure that the fans in the stands from Liberty Hill know more about the details of the situation than any of the ones from Rockdale, so can any of you explain what happened? I think that it would be good for someone to step up and give us the details on what happened, as this is not representative of the entire Rockdale fan base, player sportsmanship, and class that Rockdale represents. The parent is supposedly an administrative member of the RHS faculty, so can anyone clear this up for me?

link / article ???

CenTexSports
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/12/20/20Lattimore.html