PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not believing the TO spitting incident

Adidas410s
12-20-2006, 03:00 PM
After having listened to numerous current and former NFL players speak on the matter over the past two days on ESPN...I've decided that TO didn't intentionally spit on DeAngelo Hall. My reasoning you might ask??? Simple. Every one of them said that if another player intentionally spit in their face that you can guarantee that there would have been immediate retaliation. Eric Allen (5 time pro bowler and HOF nominee) went as far as to say that if TO (or anybody else) had spit in his face that you can guarantee that his helmet would have come off and smacked TO in the face. It wouldn't have mattered if it was a playoff game, the Super Bowl, or in practice...he wouldn't have tolerated it.

Now evidently TO spit on Hall on the 6th play of the game. So even if Hall didn't react immediately...he had THE ENTIRE game to react to what Owens allegedly did...yet he didn't. I wonder why that is??? :thinking:

GreenMonster
12-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
After having listened to numerous current and former NFL players speak on the matter over the past two days on ESPN...I've decided that TO didn't intentionally spit on DeAngelo Hall. My reasoning you might ask??? Simple. Every one of them said that if another player intentionally spit in their face that you can guarantee that there would have been immediate retaliation. Eric Allen (5 time pro bowler and HOF nominee) went as far as to say that if TO (or anybody else) had spit in his face that you can guarantee that his helmet would have come off and smacked TO in the face. It wouldn't have mattered if it was a playoff game, the Super Bowl, or in practice...he wouldn't have tolerated it.

Now evidently TO spit on Hall on the 6th play of the game. So even if Hall didn't react immediately...he had THE ENTIRE game to react to what Owens allegedly did...yet he didn't. I wonder why that is??? :thinking: Because he has smaller testicles than you or RMAC?

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Because he has smaller testicles than you or RMAC?

:eek: :eek: :doh: :doh:

C'mon now!!!

injuredinmelee
12-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Now evidently TO spit on Hall on the 6th play of the game. So even if Hall didn't react immediately...he had THE ENTIRE game to react to what Owens allegedly did...yet he didn't. I wonder why that is??? :thinking:

because he didnt want to stoop to T.O.'s level?

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Ihave kept my mouth shut on this issue because some label me a TO lover and all that..but I have been thinking the EXACT same thing.

So HAll one of the biggest hot heads in the NFL, who has had MANY on field incidents such as fighting, flagrant fouls and the such, and is also one of the most emotional players in the league all of a sudden in one instant learns to control his anger and not go off on TO, YET later in the game dives at the back of Marc Colombo's legs which led to a fight.

Also as my astute wife pointed out watching the replay of the game..in the 3rd Q after a play they show TO and Hall walking back to their huddles talking, and Hall slaps TO's behind. Did not seem to be to angry about it then

injuredinmelee
12-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Why did TO admit to it then?
If he admitted to it and didnt really do it then he is a true wuss.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

That is ONLY thing that has kept me believing he did something, BUT I dont believe Hall's angle

3afan
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I am a big Cowboy fan ....... then why do I not care if TO spit or not? :(

Adidas410s
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

TO will say anything to the media to get his name in the papers! ;)

football4life
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
i'm just glad we won. bring on the iggles.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Terrell said the alleged spit came out while he was talking trash to Hall

LitanyofFury
12-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm telling ya. . .T.O. is crazy like a fox. He keeps all the attention on him because he can handle it and off of the guys like Romo. ;)

Macarthur
12-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I think there may be something to what you are saying, adidas.

Look, I don't like what TO did and he deserved to get fined. However, D. Hall is just as big a moron as TO.

JJ7997
12-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by football4life
i'm just glad we won. bring on the iggles.

Enjoy these next two wins, because come playoff time, you and I both know the Boys are going home !

scrub c
12-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
I'm telling ya. . .T.O. is crazy like a fox. He keeps all the attention on him because he can handle it and off of the guys like Romo. ;)

:thinking:

I think you are on to something

piratebg
12-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I kept waiting for some sort of video footage that showed the whole thing. I thought the fine was kind of steep, but I figured since he came out and admitted to it right off the bat, the league may have been a little more gracious.

football4life
12-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Enjoy these next two wins, because come playoff time, you and I both know the Boys are going home !

pshh, we win the next two, saints lose one, we get the bye and home game, and if we can beat the saints then, i think we could give chicago a run for their money.

Chris Hart
12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Whatever happens, I just hope the Cowboys can somehow avoid the Saints in the post-season. Sean Payton knows every tendency and weakness the Cowboys have, and he has already exploited them once. I do think the Cowboys 'could' beat the Saints if the offense showed up this time, but, i'd rather someone else knock them out first. I'm hoping the Boys beat the Eagles and Lions, and that the Giants beat the Saints this week giving the Boys a first round bye, and then I'm hoping the Saint's first round opponent knocks them off. I think the Cowboys match up real well with anyone else in the NFC, including Chicago. Payton just knows exactly how to attack the Cowboys...