:mad: :mad:

Phil C
12-20-2006, 02:01 PM

injuredinmelee
12-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

For leading the league in dropped passes?

Step away from the Bong step away from the Bong

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Step away from the Bong step away from the Bong For league leading touchdown!!!!:mad: :mad:

3afan
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
L

stxfootballfan
12-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Terrell Owens was third among receivers with 389,279 votes, but Donald Driver (Packers) and Anquan Boldin (Cardinals), who weren't even in the top five in fan voting, got enough support from players and coaches to earn a trip to Hawaii.

BILLYFRED0000
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes but T O should go as the best spitter in the league.

Adidas410s
12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Terrell Owens was third among receivers with 389,279 votes, but Donald Driver (Packers) and Anquan Boldin (Cardinals), who weren't even in the top five in fan voting, got enough support from players and coaches to earn a trip to Hawaii.

Yep...and players/coaches voting counts a lot more than fan voting in the process.

Adidas410s
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

that would Sean Taylor...cuz at least somebody saw him do it! ;)

stxfootballfan
12-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I wonder if players and coaches voted before or after the spitting incident?

Macarthur
12-20-2006, 03:01 PM

Step away from the Bong step away from the Bong

His numbers are better than Boldin, IM. Not to mention the fact that he's just better than Boldin.

I really don't have a problem with it because TO has to realize that he's going to suffer some because of his antics.

What does burn me is Newmann getting snubbed. TNew deserves it as much as anyone, except for maybe McBriar.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Randy Moss isn't even going...

Eagles52
12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
TO is 5th in the NFC in receiving yards and receptions and leads the league in TD's. He should be a Pro-Bowler, even though he's a selfish jerk.

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I have yet to even see a highlight on Randy Moss this season. Maybe because he only has 42 catches and 3 touchdowns on one of the worst teams in the league.

Where can I find this dropped passes stat? Everyone talks about how many passes TO has dropped, how many times has TO been thrown to?

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:24 PM

There's the key: TO was not voted in by players or coaches, but did well in fan voting. Each counts as 1/3, so if he was respected more by players & coaches in the league he would have been selected.

1/3 = fans
1/3 = coaches
1/3 = players

You do the math! His antics the past 5 years in SF, Philly, & now Dallas hurt him around the league.

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Where can I find this dropped passes stat? Everyone talks about how many passes TO has dropped, how many times has TO been thrown to?

TO leads the league in dropped passes (15). Of course now it is reported that he has torn tendons in his finger. Whatever as that may be, but if you continue to play no excuses. Otherwise, have the surgery & shut it down. You can't have it both ways.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
There's the key: TO was not voted in by players or coaches, but did well in fan voting. Each counts as 1/3, so if he was respected more by players & coaches in the league he would have been selected.

1/3 = fans
1/3 = coaches
1/3 = players

You do the math! His antics the past 5 years in SF, Philly, & now Dallas hurt him around the league. So someone season/career should be based on off the field issues?

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
So someone season/career should be based on off the field issues?

Perception is often reality. All I am saying is it hurt him in the voting. Whether that is fair or not is subjective at best.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Perception is reality. All I am saying is it hurt him in the voting. Whether that is fair or not is subjective at best. So is that a yes?

icu812
12-20-2006, 05:33 PM

Randy Moss doesn't even put forth an effort on the field why would he be going?

g$$
So is that a yes?

Yes to what? Depends on the eye of the beholder, & evidently he is NOT well-liked within the league. You know how I feel about him.

Old Tiger
Originally posted by icu812
Randy Moss doesn't even put forth an effort on the field why would he be going? Why should he even if he does his team won't win. :D

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes to what? Depends on the eye of the beholder, & evidently he is NOT well-liked within the league. You know how I feel about him. Yea I know but anser this questin;

Should his off the field antics affect his career/season he is having?

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:36 PM
As for Hall of Fame, football does not include character. Baseball is the only one who does (Pete Rose, etc.). Although Ty Cobb got in of course & he was regarded as a real piece of work & one of the dirtiest players ever!

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
As for Hall of Fame, football does not include character. Baseball is the only one who does (Pete Rose, etc.). Although Ty Cobb got in of course & he was regarded as a real piece of work & one of the dirtiest players ever! That's the point I was getting to. Off-field issues should not effect post season honors and what not. Lawrence Taylor is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he openly admitted to being doped up on cocaine in games and what not.

g$$
12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Yea I know but anser this questin;

Should his off the field antics affect his career/season he is having?

IMO, yes it should because he brings it all on himself. He has disgraced coaches in SF & Philly, & now argues with Todd Haley in Dallas frequently on the sidelines. That does not sit well around the league, the "me first" attitude.

Is he a great player? Yes of course he is.

When your peers & coaches do not vote you in, that says a lot to me.

icu812
12-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Why should he even if he does his team won't win. :D

No his team wouldn't win but he might get another chance at a big contract with another team if he gives an effort. Moss and TO might be athletically the two most talented receivers but most teams wouldn't want either of them. That is why neither will go to the pro bowl. Honestly, I would be pissed if either guy was traded to my favorite team.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by icu812
No his team wouldn't win but he might get another chance at a big contract with another team if he gives an effort. Moss and TO might be athletically the two most talented receivers but most teams wouldn't want either of them. That is why neither will go to the pro bowl. Honestly, I would be pissed if either guy was traded to my favorite team. He will get another big
contract he is Randy Moss

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
TO leads the league in dropped passes (15). Of course now it is reported that he has torn tendons in his finger. Whatever as that may be, but if you continue to play no excuses. Otherwise, have the surgery & shut it down. You can't have it both ways.

So what is the next closest number? I wanna see a top 5/10 or something. Then I wanna see how often those players are thrown to in comparison.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-20-2006, 07:08 PM
I wonder if players and coaches voted before or after the spitting incident?

the voting had been completed before that game. Terrell Owens hasnt look that great most of the year but somehow the numbers are there and better than the ones that got selected. If TO makes a pro bowl again he will have to have monster numbers where they cant over look them.

g$$
12-20-2006, 07:12 PM
So what is the next closest number? I wanna see a top 5/10 or something. Then I wanna see how often those players are thrown to in comparison.

Why? Bottom line he leads the league in drops, & 1 of them cost the Cowboys the game (Redskins). Look it up on stats page for www.nfl.com I guess. Don't Harrison, Smith, C. Johnson, A. Johnson, & others get a lot of balls too?

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Wow so it is not showing his toughness that he is playing with a torn tendon in his hand? Yes he leads the league in dropped passes, but Steve Smith is in the top 5 and has played less games.

g$$
12-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow so it is not showing his toughness that he is playing with a torn tendon in his hand? Yes he leads the league in dropped passes, but Steve Smith is in the top 5 and has played less games.

I don't consider "toughness" having your owner/handler go to the media with the injured story. If it is not that bad then keep your mouth shut & play. But hey, it is TO so why expect that?

I guess after 14 games he is the ONLY one banged up in the NFL huh?

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I don't consider "toughness" having your owner/handler go to the media with the injured story. If it is not that bad then keep your mouth shut & play. But hey, it is TO so why expect that?

I guess after 14 games he is the ONLY one banged up in the NFL huh? You're funny! Mr. Negativity strikes again...

JasperDog94
12-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I guess after 14 games he is the ONLY one banged up in the NFL huh? Then be mad at the owner. TO didn't bring this up.

Old Tiger
12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Then be mad at the owner. TO didn't bring this up. JD94, consider g$$ pwned on that.

Good job and may peace be with you :)

g$$
12-20-2006, 08:10 PM

Pro Bowl? How about to a psychiatrist?

g$$
12-20-2006, 08:13 PM
JD94, consider g$$ pwned on that.

Good job and may peace be with you :)

Yeah, you bet. Owned on what? That TO is a jerk whom all of you defend b/c he is a Cowboy? Give me a break.

Owned? That coming from a guy who said Michael Jordan did not play defense even though he made 1st Team All Defense many times & led the league in steals! Try being knowledgeable Nurse!

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Just stop while you are behind

JasperDog94
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yeah, you bet. Owned on what? That TO is a jerk whom all of you defend b/c he is a Cowboy? Give me a break.
I'm not sticking up for TO as a person. As a player, he did not bring up this injury. Everyone's second favorite owner (behind Snyder) is the one causing this stink.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I guess after 14 games he is the ONLY one banged up in the NFL huh?

Did u feel that way when Jones told the press Ken Norton Jr was playing the year with a detached muscle in his arm? Or was that different since Ken had never been a problem?

I know u dont like him, but give him credit he is playing well with a torn tendon in his finger which is a vital part for him to catch the ball

g$$
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Just stop while you are behind

Behind on what? Man love for TO?

Maybe you should stop making excuses for him & see the light.

Emerson1
12-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm not sticking up for TO as a person. As a player, he did not bring up this injury. Everyone's second favorite owner (behind Snyder) is the one causing this stink.

g$$
12-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Did u feel that way when Jones told the press Ken Norton Jr was playing the year with a detached muscle in his arm? Or was that different since Ken had never been a problem?

I know u dont like him, but give him credit he is playing well with a torn tendon in his finger which is a vital part for him to catch the ball

Ken Norton did not have a history of theatrics either. Defend him all you want, but anyone of character sees TO for what he is.

Great player = yes
Egomaniac & poor excuse for a man = yes

So why does Jones feel the need to do that anyway? Is he the trainer now too? Chalk that up for another reason I don't like JJ as well.

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by g$$

What a crazy thing to say! Have surgery and shut it down?!

Perhaps a TO with one gimp hand is still a terrific threat on the field... that is why he is still playing. And still catching TDs... And still making big plays.

I too would like to see the stats on most drops per times thrown to. It cracks me up to this stat suddenly being tracked and a hot topic... never heard boo about it until this year.

Of course, TO being acting like an idiot has probably started to catch up with him... drawing attention to yourself isn't always a good thing.

g$$
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
What a crazy thing to say! Have surgery and shut it down?!

Perhaps a TO with one gimp hand is still a terrific threat on the field... that is why he is still playing. And still catching TDs... And still making big plays.

I too would like to see the stats on most drops per times thrown to. It cracks me up to this stat suddenly being tracked and a hot topic... never heard boo about it until this year.

Of course, TO being acting like an idiot has probably started to catch up with him... drawing attention to yourself isn't always a good thing.

I'm not advocating surgery now, just saying shut & play. Otherwise, shut it down if you want to make it a daily excuse.

Crazy to me is defending the clown.

piratebg
12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I was a little surprised he didn't make the roster. He is first in the NFL in TD receptions and 5th in the NFC in both receptions and yards. Aside from some personal issues, he has had a pretty productive year. Whether you hate him or not, his numbers speak for themself.

slpybear the bullfan
12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I'm not advocating surgery now, just saying shut & play. Otherwise, shut it down if you want to make it a daily excuse.

Crazy to me is defending the clown.

And I am amused by fanatical hatred of TO, JJ, and other figures in sports today...

BTW, who ever has heard of TO making ANY excuses for his 15 drops this year?

I haven't...

Again, I think he is a first class moron... but I love the talent and toughness...

Ranger Mom
12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
IMO, the players and coaches are just making a statement...they are tired of his antics!

JasperDog94
12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just in case you missed it...TO DIDN'T BRING THIS UP

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Ken Norton did not have a history of theatrics either. Defend him all you want, but anyone of character sees TO for what he is.

Great player = yes
Egomaniac & poor excuse for a man = yes

So why does Jones feel the need to do that anyway? Is he the trainer now too? Chalk that up for another reason I don't like JJ as well.

You act like Jones is the only Owner/GM to announce a player has an injury...I think the deal is you dont seperate TO's good and bad...I do..Yes he is a jerk and an egomaniac, but the guy also will play thru injuries, sorry but I have to respect that...Kind of reminds me of other WRs like Irvin, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith and so on..Can be loudmouths can be jerks, but they are also gamers who play hard.

JasperDog94
12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
You act like Jones is the only Owner/GM to announce a player has an injury...I think the deal is you dont seperate TO's good and bad...I do..Yes he is a jerk and an egomaniac, but the guy also will play thru injuries, sorry but I have to respect that...Kind of reminds me of other WRs like Irvin, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith and so on..Can be loudmouths can be jerks, but they are also gamers who play hard. Remember when TO made it back for the Superbowl withe the Iggles? I sure didn't want to see him suit up because the Iggles were much better with him than without. He's an egomaniac and a jerk, but one tough football player.

g$$
12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
IMO, the players and coaches are just making a statement...they are tired of his antics!

She said it best, & I agree.

BTW, I have no fanatical hatred of anyone; I just don't like TO or the kid gloves JJ handles him with personally.

Is he a tough football player? Yes

Is he a 1st class idiot, moron, & jerk? Yes

And, what other owners do you know TXBR that go to the press with every hangnail or problem? I know of one: Jerry Jones.

g$$
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Just in case you missed it...TO DIDN'T BRING THIS UP

And your point is...? TO got what he wanted & that is headlines. All of you just keep falling for his tired act.

JasperDog94
12-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And, what other owners do you know TXBR that go to the press with every hangnail or problem? I know of one: Jerry Jones. Also remember that JJ is the general manager as well. It's part of their job to field questions. You act like he is the only general manager doing this sort of thing. (BTW - I don't care much for Jones either.)

JasperDog94
12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And your point is...? TO got what he wanted & that is headlines. All of you just keep falling for his tired act. My point is that you keep blaming TO for bring up his injury when he didn't.

g$$
12-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Also remember that JJ is the general manager as well. It's part of their job to field questions. You act like he is the only general manager doing this sort of thing. (BTW - I don't care much for Jones either.)

Yes, I know he's GM, remember Quincy Carter & some other wonderful picks? How about giving up a draft pick for Drew Henson? I could go on & on about that guy. Jimmy J. wanted full control & JJ said no. Jimmy said see ya.

And no, I don't hear other GMs having a daily chat about minor injuries or other stuff. Coaches, yes they do in their briefings. Most GMs lay low this time of year until the Draft, then they are more in focus. But not JJ, & you know why as well as I do...he loves attention just like his partner in crime TO!

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM

Is he still playing??? I figured when he went to the Raiders he'd be done........ :thinking:

It's probably a good thing TO isn't going to the pro bowl b/c he'd probably decide NOT to play at the last minute and then the media circus would ensue. :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
IMO, the players and coaches are just making a statement...they are tired of his antics! Finally......and you all know RM tells it like it is!!!!! :clap: :clap: :D He never had a chance in hell of going....no one was gonna chance him pulling some stunt and embarrassing the Pro Bowl organization.... :p

IHStangFan
12-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Step away from the Bong step away from the Bong LOL!!! I was wondering if I was the only one that thought he did WAY too much talking and not enough catching the football.

mrescape43
12-21-2006, 01:45 AM
I didn't know that they had a pro bowl for league leaders in dropped passes and spitting on the opposing teams players.:D :D

LogieJoeBean001
12-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

LOL!! My thoughts exactly...

Seriously, TO is an awesome player but just wish he would quit doing stupid things! I don't like the negative light he casts on the Cowboys when he pulls his stunts. I would've loved to have given him a piece of my mind when he lay his head down on the football in the endzone like it was a pillow after one of his td's...cost the 'Boys a penalty just because he wanted to be a showoff! Think of the team, TO!

Emerson1
12-21-2006, 09:07 AM
So any update on a top 5 in league leaders for drops? I wanna see how many times steve smith and other pro bowlers have dropped it.

stxfootballfan
12-21-2006, 09:17 AM
NFC

Rank Name Team Games Drops
1 Terrell Owens DAL 14 15
2 Darrell Jackson SEA 13 11
T-3 Steve Smith CAR 12 10
T-3 Troy Williamson MIN 13 10
5 Reggie Brown PHI 14 9

Targets (#Passes Thrown To)

Rank Name Team Games Tgt
1 Torry Holt STL 14 154
2 Donald Driver GB 14 145
3 Anquan Boldin ARI 14 140
4 Terrell Owens DAL 14 137
T-5 Steve Smith CAR 12 129
T-5 Roy Williams DET 14 129

AFC

Rank Name Team Games Drops
1 Andre Johnson HOU 14 11
T-2 Randy McMichael MIA 14 8
T-2 Randy Moss OAK 13 8
T-2 Reggie Williams JAC 14 8
T-5 Chris Chambers MIA 14 7
T-5 Dennis Northcutt CLE 12 7
T-5 Reggie Wayne IND 14 7

Targets (#Passes Thrown To)

Rank Name Team Games Tgt
1 Andre Johnson HOU 14 152
2 Chris Chambers MIA 14 141
3 Laveranues Coles NYJ 14 138
4 Chad Johnson CIN 14 137
5 Marvin Harrison IND 14 128

wedo
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
T.O. sucks and does not belong in the pro bowl. Anyone who cannot, for whatever reason, show some class doesn't belong anywhere near something as honorable as the probowl.

LitanyofFury
12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Shawn Merriman has been shooting steroids and he made the pro-bowl. Lotsa thugs make the pro-bowl. Why? They play well.

T.O. deserves it just as much as those other receivers that got in. He could have just called it quits and healed his hand. He wouldda still gotten paid. Instead he stuck it out and he's had all of 5 or so more drops than guys like Steve Smith.

Hey, but since he's not going to be spending time in Hawai'i he can get to writing on that next childrens book of his. Little T learns about saliva.:D

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by wedo
T.O. sucks and does not belong in the pro bowl. Anyone who cannot, for whatever reason, show some class doesn't belong anywhere near something as honorable as the probowl.

If Class is part of it then Lawerence Taylor, Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, Deltha O'Neal, Ray Buchanon, Barrett Robinson and so on and so on should not go..and they have all been ARRESTED...As much of a egomaniac as TO has been the guy has never been in trouble with the law

Bandera YaYa
12-21-2006, 10:40 AM
If Class is part of it then Lawerence Taylor, Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, Deltha O'Neal, Ray Buchanon, Barrett Robinson and so on and so on should not go..and they have all been ARRESTED...As much of a egomaniac as TO has been the guy has never been in trouble with the law After a good nite's sleep....and after reading DaHop's thread about his loss, I have decided that I don't want to spend any more energy trying to point out TO's shortcomings....I agree, it's not important in the whole scheme of things. He has some personal issues and I wish him well in sorting them out, I really do. I'm going to spend the rest of this day being appreciative of what I have and enjoying this precious time. Ya'll have a great day and God Bless us all....TO, too!!! :) :clap: :)

wedo
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
If Class is part of it then Lawerence Taylor, Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, Deltha O'Neal, Ray Buchanon, Barrett Robinson and so on and so on should not go..and they have all been ARRESTED...As much of a egomaniac as TO has been the guy has never been in trouble with the law

Ok that wasn't me it was rangergrad06! I like T.O. he has helped the Cowboys out a lot like him or not! The Pro Bowl should not be a popularity contest!