PDA

View Full Version : its time to bring back ...(MERGED)

3afan
10-14-2005, 06:22 PM
... ever make you, secretly or not, root AGAINST their team just 'cause of their posts !?!?!?! :p

mwynn05
10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
yea and I bet I know who your rooting aginast because of this too

spiveyrat
10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
... ever make you, secretly or not, root AGAINST their team just 'cause of their posts !?!?!?! :p

Yep.

GreenMonster
10-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm willing to bet it is someone from in or around SNYDER, TEXAS. She's on my list

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
On a daily basis. Maybe now people will realize just why Sweetwater hates Snyder, show some class.

Ranger Mom
10-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Not naming any names....but yeah from me also!

On the flipside...I also root FOR teams because of the posters I have met on here who have become GREAT friends!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not naming any names....but yeah from me also!

On the flipside...I also root FOR teams because of the posters I have met on here who have become GREAT friends!! i was about to make that very same statment. great minds do really think alike...:inlove:

lepfan
10-14-2005, 09:28 PM
I used to really hate Marlin...because of 1 poster from there. (Not you B)

Da Mules
10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
It's hard to keep it positive when some adolescent gets on here and thinks he's still with the FridayNight Headbangers forum mind-set.

Adidas410s
10-14-2005, 09:32 PM
I could easily come out and say yes to this post but then again most, if not all, of the posters that annoy me are high school-aged kids and I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they just don't know any better.

SintonFan
10-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Let's see, I have had scraps with GP, Cuero and Burnet posters. Funny, even though at the time I was pretty ticked at each of them for stuff said here I never rooted against them unless they played against my team. I still root for those teams and for the most part have made peace with posters who at the time I was disgruntled with.
I vote no...

KTJ
10-14-2005, 10:13 PM

AJ getting to you?

:D

3afan
10-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
AJ getting to you?

:D

no idea who 'AJ' is ... so NO

Hupernikomen
10-15-2005, 12:09 AM
no idea who 'AJ' is ... so NO

Ouch AJ not going to like not being known..

injuredinmelee
10-15-2005, 12:11 AM
oh hell yes.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
It's hard to keep it positive when some adolescent gets on here and thinks he's still with the FridayNight Headbangers forum mind-set.

HaHa!! The one "Fridaynightheadbangers" website.

They hated me and Greenwood on there!

I saw that it has been completely "disbanded" now!

3afan
10-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules

and adolescent is not always defined by age!

lostaussie
10-15-2005, 06:43 AM
no idea who 'AJ' is ... man, that's gonna leave a mark :)

3afan
10-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Ouch AJ not going to like not being known..

sorry ... don't tell him where i live!

3afan
10-15-2005, 06:46 AM
well actually it just hit me who 'AJ' is ... and still NO

AJs cool ... weird, but cool

Bullaholic
10-15-2005, 09:34 AM

Well, there IS this whole family from Forney that roots for the Jackrabbitts and are complete sports "finatics" and even go so far as to hang out on a 4A site sometimes. No parental supervison---the kids are allowed to run "wild" while the dad is away on business. ;) :D (All in fun, of course 3A-- you have a great "sports" family),

Hupernikomen
10-15-2005, 10:08 AM

If you wouldn't have used the word weird in this post I would have called an old man a liar and insist you don't know who AJ is. :D

LogieJoeBean001
10-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I could easily come out and say yes to this post but then again most, if not all, of the posters that annoy me are high school-aged kids and I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they just don't know any better.

I have to agree with this. Most of the really annoying posters are either still in highschool or those who have just recently left highschool and still have an extremely low maturity level.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 04:14 PM
For some "unknown" reason, I thought of this thread. :D

WOS1
10-30-2005, 05:13 PM

I think I know who you're talking about. I agree, even though I pull for BC, he makes me want to not like them.:rolleyes:

chaingang
10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Im lost:confused:

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 05:46 PM
I think people should just let out their feelings on this...

My feelings are I do not root against any of 'em unless they're playing Cuero...

Now say there were 5 posters from this one town, and all 5 of them were jerks etc.... I may hope they lose... but haven't seen on of those towns yet...

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think people should just let out their feelings on this...

My feelings are I do not root against any of 'em unless they're playing Cuero...

Now say there were 5 posters from this one town, and all 5 of them were jerks etc.... I may hope they lose... but haven't seen on of those towns yet...

So you don't have any favorite teams, besides Cuero, that you would want to win when they were playing someone else, (again, besides Cuero)?

I know when I saw yall play, I wanted Cuero to win over West OSO.

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 05:51 PM
I wanted Cuero to win over West OSO.

BEWARE, of the Howling Bear!

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 05:51 PM
So you don't have any favorite teams, besides Cuero, that you would want to win when they were playing someone else, (again, besides Cuero)?

I know when I saw yall play, I wanted Cuero to win over West OSO.

Oh, well yah there are teams I wanna see win, for sure... If I respect some of their posters or maybe just one I'll hope they get to enjoy seeing their team win...

football4life
10-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Not all of the "adolescents" or us younger guys are just here to talk trash. Personally, i like to see what's goin on everywhere else, and also try to get a little love for my team every once in a while. But yea there are a whole lot of idiots on here who just try to stir things up and make complete morons of themselves.

3afan
11-11-2005, 07:08 AM
there was a similar thread to this a month or so ago but i couldn't find it ....

Are there teams you will, secretly or not, root AGAINST just because some of the lame brain, egotistical, uninformed, _______ (fill in the blank) posters? Of course there are - and i bet THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Happy Friday!

BrahmaDAD70
11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
If Cuero lost would the site shut down.
Im not saying I want them to lose but there are
alot of Gobbler fans. LOL

3afan
11-11-2005, 07:25 AM
yes there are alot of Cuero posters but they've been pretty good ... there was a time last year when Cuero Middle School found 3ADL and they had to be dealt with but we've gotten them under control

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2005, 07:29 AM
ttt for 3afan :)

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2005, 07:32 AM
I found the original thread and bumped it up. And, absolutely, unequivocally, and without a doubt, there are teams that I root against (and for) based on some of the posters. :)

3afan
11-11-2005, 07:32 AM
i'm impressed - i looked for a long time for this ...

thanks!

3afan
11-11-2005, 07:33 AM
yeah me too .... i wonder who? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2005, 07:33 AM
No problem! I had bumped it a week or so ago, so I remembered what my "search" was.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2005, 07:34 AM
yeah me too .... i wonder who? :thinking:

:D :D :D

lostaussie
11-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
alot of Gobbler fans. LOL for the most part i think the cuero posters are very knowledgable. i hope we get to play them in the finals. i have, and i don't want to sound ugly, gotten very tired of the bashing and horn tooting in district 4.

gobbler grad
11-11-2005, 08:44 AM

we will never leave, we will never give up on our Gobblers...it's TRADITION...:thinking:

j_dog
11-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
for the most part i think the cuero posters are very knowledgable. i hope we get to play them in the finals. i have, and i don't want to sound ugly, gotten very tired of the bashing and horn tooting in district 4.
I have not gotten tired of it because I don't read it! :D

WitchyWoman
11-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm willing to bet it is someone from in or around SNYDER, TEXAS. She's on my list

Hmmmmmm wonder who it is...... there are only two she's from in or around Snyder.... come on give, I wanna know if I'm on the hit list lol ! Are you gonna be @ the Snyder/Monahans Game? That way I'll know to duck if it's me.......... :D

If we get put out then I go for the team left standing... It does not concern me what their posters have said on here. I know it's about the boys, Town Spirit and Pride........ So IF Sweetwater gets further I'd yell the house down for em to go all the way. If you take this stuff on the D low seriously, then I'd have to say get a life... Cause it's all for fun! Plus you get to meet alot of people across Texas that are as crazy about Football as you are.

SSSSSOOOOOOOOO NO !!! ;)

3afan
11-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
.... it's all for fun!

exactly ... but you are human, so yes, you do ;) :thumbsup:

WitchyWoman
11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
exactly ... but you are human, so yes, you do ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks 3a, my kids tell me I do resemble my D-low handle when I'm mad though lol! Bad Witch :mad: :p

big daddy russ
11-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Everybody be hatin' on I-town, but we'll show ya'll. We gon' win the state title and take it home to the diiiirty south.

PEACE.

44INAROW
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
i'm impressed - i looked for a long time for this ...

thanks!

I was looking for this yesterday.. (now I forgot why :rolleyes: )

44INAROW
11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
for the most part i think the cuero posters are very knowledgable.

horn tooting in district 4.

There is a District 4?

J/K

Ironically BrahmaDad - Bellville is a team I have always rooted for :) Several people from my home office live there, so I guess that's why :D

Old Green
11-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I root for all the teams that are represented on the Low REGARDLESS. There are good people in all the towns that post and I respect them ,thier hometown and their teams. After all it is just a game.

But there is one on another board that I hope gets their just deserts next week.:rolleyes:

jakarta101
11-11-2005, 01:09 PM
it doesnt matter the age to me.........its people who no matter win or lose they think their team is always the best and should never be beat!!just pisses me off!!

3afan
11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
nothing on this should "piss" anyone off ..... think about WHAT it really is ....

44INAROW
11-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I root for all the teams that are represented on the Low REGARDLESS. There are good people in all the towns that post and I respect them ,thier hometown and their teams. After all it is just a game.

But there is one on another board that I hope gets their just deserts next week.:rolleyes:

HHMM wonder what board that could be - I'll have to think Xtra hard to figure that one out :D :D

DaHop72
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM

Wouldn't be from a town that starts with a V would it??????

Old Green
11-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Wouldn't be from a town that starts with a V would it?????? NOPE !:D

RoTex4Life
11-11-2005, 02:02 PM

after last year we didnt shut down...we went out and recruited more awesome posters for this site and we are stronger than ever on the low now...lol

SintonFan
11-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Wouldn't be from a town that starts with a V would it??????
If you read the other thread titled WC7, Gonz 0 you might think the team started with a "K". :D

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2005, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by 44INAROW
HHMM wonder what board that could be - I'll have to think Xtra hard to figure that one out :D :D

GMTA!!! :D :D :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
after last year we didnt shut down...we went out and recruited more awesome posters for this site and we are stronger than ever on the low now...lol

Or in some cases, recyled..... :p ;)

Bullaholic
11-11-2005, 02:42 PM
A kinder, wiser, more insiightful recycled......:D

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 03:01 PM
bump.....

And original thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=35581) ;)

3afan
12-06-2005, 03:02 PM
ty, i was thinking about this thread

but its not as appropriate now as it was a few weeks ago ...............

Jody
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I ALWAYS root for other teams, especially those East of the Trinity River and near Interstate 10. :D

wos fan1
12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :clap:

handNthedirt
12-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Obviously, we all have a deep passion for the greatest game on the face of the earth....Football. The players do their thing on the field, the fans do their thing, which is root for their team(s), and against the opponent, and us coaches prepare all year for these exciting times. With us all having this common denominator, it should be fun spirited, and not demeaning. It is this good sportsmanship, as a whole that makes it so invigorating, have fun with it, it's Texas High School Football.....and that's all I have to say about that.

zooleander
12-07-2005, 12:10 AM

Are there teams you will, secretly or not, root AGAINST just because some of the lame brain, egotistical, uninformed, _______ (fill in the blank) posters?
Happy Friday! this is an interesting topic

i bet a lot of people were smiling when sinton got beat in the FIRST round

talk about OVER-RATED

whtfbplaya
12-07-2005, 03:46 AM
just one

District303aPastPlayer
12-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by zooleander
this is an interesting topic

i bet a lot of people were smiling when sinton got beat in the FIRST round

talk about OVER-RATED

naaa, 9 of 10 times Sinton beats Hondo... they were due.

griff
12-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Well, there are obviously 2 - 3 Barbers Hill posters on here who enjoy rooting against WO-S for no good reason at all. WO-S has no history with Barbers Hill - the two teams have never played. However, the WO-S fans on this board have no issues with Barbers Hill at all - just the handful of BH bozos who've created a hobby of running down WO-S.

I typically root for the teams from Region 3 simply because that's where I live and that's where my alma mater is. Heck, I'd even root for Barbers Hill if they were to make run through the playoffs - as long as they're not playing WO-S. I stick with the "local" teams - and that means any team from Region 3.

Black_Magic
12-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I think its Awfull to hate on another team... Cant we all just get along??? come on everybody join in.. WE ARE THE WORLD... WE ARE THE CHILDREN.... :wave: :wave: ... Move side to side..

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I've been thinking about this thread for a couple of days, now, though I'm not sure why..... :thinking: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Bullaholic
05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Personally, I think Liberty Hill gets all the "breaks". I heard that is why they moved them to another Region. ;) :D

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Personally, I think Liberty Hill gets all the "breaks". I heard that is why they moved them to another Region. ;) :D
I bet you're right. :p :D

I think actually the UIL felt sorry for me having to talk to myself so many weeks in a row. ;)

raider red 2000
05-11-2006, 10:14 AM
LH panther mom- i will be routing against yall tonight and tomorrow....and if we are lucky on sat night too :)

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
LH panther mom- i will be routing against yall tonight and tomorrow....and if we are lucky on sat night too :)
:hand: You know you secretly want to root for us. :p :kiss:

Sweetwater Red
05-11-2006, 11:31 AM
for the most part i think the cuero posters are very knowledgable. i hope we get to play them in the finals. i have, and i don't want to sound ugly, gotten very tired of the bashing and horn tooting in district 4.

Jerry's Football Ratings final poll of 3A's
strongest districts last year.
#1 District 4 147.73 5
#2 District 16 147.35 5
#3 District 27 145.93 6
#4 District 10 145.54 4
#5 District 24 145.13 6

Then you wonder why all the horn tooting???

Don't worry though it ended with the latest UIL re-alignment.

zeus63
05-11-2006, 11:35 AM
What's gonna suck for Snyder is next year when they don't have Sweetwater and Wylie to blame for not winning the district title, because they are gonna get second to Greenwood. IMO

DaHop72
05-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
What's gonna suck for Snyder is next year when they don't have Sweetwater and Wylie to blame for not winning the district title, because they are gonna get second to Greenwood. IMO :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
05-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Uh oh someone woke up Dahop !!!!!!

raider red 2000
05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:hand: You know you secretly want to root for us. :p :kiss:

ok...if i make it to the game....i will route for the offense...both teams :)

MHSvarsity2007
05-11-2006, 04:06 PM
i root against wylie in everything. :p

RBARKER
05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by griff
Well, there are obviously 2 - 3 Barbers Hill posters on here who enjoy rooting against WO-S for no good reason at all. WO-S has no history with Barbers Hill - the two teams have never played. However, the WO-S fans on this board have no issues with Barbers Hill at all - just the handful of BH bozos who've created a hobby of running down WO-S.

:weeping: :crying: :weeping: :crying: :tongue:

Pmoney
05-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
What's gonna suck for Snyder is next year when they don't have Sweetwater and Wylie to blame for not winning the district title, because they are gonna get second to Greenwood. IMO
I think not b/c Snyder will be the District Champs....and another thing arn't you from snyder???...and if i am correct about you being from snyder...That a way to show your school spirit for your alma mater

Pmoney
05-11-2006, 05:31 PM
I didn't like sweetwater before but the hate grew worse b/c some of the posters from there(not all of the members from swater are bad but some are)

Cameron Crazy
05-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey there are also alot of Sweetwater fans here to

Jody
05-11-2006, 09:06 PM
there was a similar thread to this a month or so ago but i couldn't find it ....

Are there teams you will, secretly or not, root AGAINST just because some of the lame brain, egotistical, uninformed, _______ (fill in the blank) posters? Of course there are - and i bet THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

Happy Friday!

I would NEVER root against a team, unless we were playing them or they were playing someone else I liked better. If one of those two rare things occur, then look out! :D

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Jody
I would NEVER root against a team, unless we were playing them or they were playing someone else I liked better. If one of those two rare things occur, then look out! :D
:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Hmmmm.....for some unknown reason, I was thinking about this today. :thinking: :thinking:

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 09:46 PM
I will always root against one team in ever game, Sweetwater and Wylie when they are not playing Sweetwater-

3afan
07-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I will always root against one team in ever game, Sweetwater and Wylie when they are not playing Sweetwater-

don't worry, you'll grow out of that some day ........

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
NEVER, I root against Sweetwater in anything, even checkers

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I think that if you root against a team, you are rooting against all the hard work that was put forth by every individual that is a part of that organization. Rooting against a team is the same as encouraging the failure of a young man who has dreamed and worked towards success for a countless number of years. Celebrating in that failure when athletes are unfortunate enough not to succeed is even worse. I'm not saying that it is wrong to cheer for your team, but you have to be mindful that football is more than just a game to those who play it, it is sometimes a lifetime of dreams and dedication where you learn not only how to play the game, but how to work on a team, be devoted to a cause greater than yourself, rely on others, succeed, fail, be loyal, be accountable for your actions, pride, etc. I fail to see how it can be justified to wish for the failure of a young man whose only fault was to be a part of a dream for a team other than the one you support.

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that if you root against a team, you are rooting against all the hard work that was put forth by every individual that is a part of that organization. Rooting against a team is the same as encouraging the failure of a young man who has dreamed and worked towards success for a countless number of years. Celebrating in that failure when athletes are unfortunate enough not to succeed is even worse. I'm not saying that it is wrong to cheer for your team, but you have to be mindful that football is more than just a game to those who play it, it is sometimes a lifetime of dreams and dedication where you learn not only how to play the game, but how to work on a team, be devoted to a cause greater than yourself, rely on others, succeed, fail, be loyal, be accountable for your actions, pride, etc. I fail to see how it can be justified to wish for the failure of a young man whose only fault was to be a part of a dream for a team other than the one you support.
Okay, is this better? If two teams are playing and one set of fans (or some of them) are obnoxious and the fans of the other team aren't, I will root FOR the team with the non-obnoxious fans. :)

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
My favorite pasttime, except for watching Snyder win, is the failure of Sweetwater teams in athletic competition.

Bull's-eye
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM

Well Said!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
That means Liberty Hill Mom could never cheer for Sweetwater. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
07-19-2006, 11:22 PM
My favorite pasttime, except for watching Snyder win, is the failure of Sweetwater teams in athletic competition.

sad ....

IHStangFan
07-20-2006, 01:20 AM
I hate to admit I'm that way...but yes...there are a few I root against. I mainly base it on the fact that they have militant, rude, and generally unfriendly crowds. Those are the teams I root against. .....ask a certain 1995 valley crowd that "welcomed" us Ingledinks down there by throwing stuff at us and spitting on us...yelling they were going to kick our arses......Ingleside crushed them....and on the way out you heard ....(crickets) Then there was West Oso....we used to have police escorts when we played there, and we had to lock our buses in a caged parking lot. :doh:

Adidas410s
07-20-2006, 08:33 AM

so how about we have the teams just play...and we'll not keep score!!! That way nobody wins, nobody loses. Sound like a plan??? :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-21-2006, 08:11 PM
so how about we have the teams just play...and we'll not keep score!!! That way nobody wins, nobody loses. Sound like a plan??? :rolleyes:
You completely misinterpreted the point I was trying to make. I'm not saying that you shouldn't cheer for the home team and have pride, but you should be conscious of the hard work that the other team put forth and be humble in victory and hold your head high in defeat. I really do not believe that there is any acceptable reason to wish for the failure of the other team unless you are out on the field, playing between the lines and within the rules of the game and playing to win fairly. There is a certain level of obligation as a spectator to be respectful of the players on the other team, they are all just kids giving it everything they have in hopes of bringing pride to their team, town, and families. Nobody in the stands should try to slander and belittle the hard work that any young man who steps out onto the football field, the baseball diamond, or the basketball court, even if they aren't on the team they support. High school athletes don't play for the money, they play for the dreams that they have of glory and success. Nobody should try to smear defeat in the faces of high school players, KIDS, who gave it everything they have. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that it is every fan's responsibility to not tear down the dreams of these young athletes, but to help build them up as much as they can. Players sometimes win, and players sometimes lose, but they should never have their failures thrown back in their faces by selfish fans whenever the wall of everything they have worked for has came crumbling down in defeat. Would you rather help that young player build that wall up with encouragement, or kick them while they are down and make them feel like they should not ever try to get back up?

Bull Butter
07-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I hate to admit I'm that way...but yes...there are a few I root against. I mainly base it on the fact that they have militant, rude, and generally unfriendly crowds. Those are the teams I root against. .....ask a certain 1995 valley crowd that "welcomed" us Ingledinks down there by throwing stuff at us and spitting on us...yelling they were going to kick our arses......Ingleside crushed them....and on the way out you heard ....(crickets) Then there was West Oso....we used to have police escorts when we played there, and we had to lock our buses in a caged parking lot. :doh:

Los Tarpons?????

I can't speak for all PI fans, but we do have some hardcore old-timers who are pretty rude. However, most of the rudeness is usually reserved for our coaches(when things aren't going good)

BTW, Ingleside didn't crush PI that night. Final score was 22-15. Too much Bubba Jackson, that kid was a HOSS

Maroon87
07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Los Tarpons?????

I can't speak for all PI fans, but we do have some hardcore old-timers who are pretty rude. However, most of the rudeness is usually reserved for our coaches(when things aren't going good)

BTW, Ingleside didn't crush PI that night. Final score was 22-15. Too much Bubba Jackson, that kid was a HOSS

We tend to get things thrown at us quite often by RGV fans. Of course when we throw stuff back, we're called racist.:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
07-21-2006, 08:50 PM
You completely misinterpreted the point I was trying to make. I'm not saying that you shouldn't cheer for the home team and have pride, but you should be conscious of the hard work that the other team put forth and be humble in victory and hold your head high in defeat. I really do not believe that there is any acceptable reason to wish for the failure of the other team unless you are out on the field, playing between the lines and within the rules of the game and playing to win fairly. There is a certain level of obligation as a spectator to be respectful of the players on the other team, they are all just kids giving it everything they have in hopes of bringing pride to their team, town, and families. Nobody in the stands should try to slander and belittle the hard work that any young man who steps out onto the football field, the baseball diamond, or the basketball court, even if they aren't on the team they support. High school athletes don't play for the money, they play for the dreams that they have of glory and success. Nobody should try to smear defeat in the faces of high school players, KIDS, who gave it everything they have. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that it is every fan's responsibility to not tear down the dreams of these young athletes, but to help build them up as much as they can. Players sometimes win, and players sometimes lose, but they should never have their failures thrown back in their faces by selfish fans whenever the wall of everything they have worked for has came crumbling down in defeat. Would you rather help that young player build that wall up with encouragement, or kick them while they are down and make them feel like they should not ever try to get back up?
And maybe you misunderstand a bit. Rooting "FOR" or "AGAINST" does not mean you're slandering one team or the other or belittling any player. It means that you would cheer for one team to have a winning score over the other.

big daddy russ
07-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I'll admit it-- I'm a hate monger. I can't stand it when 'Bama wins at anything. But then again, that's the appeal of HS and college-level sports versus the pros. The rivalries are much more intense, and a rivalry is basically born out of contempt for another team.

I'll admit, I used to hate Aransas Pass, but after getting on with their newspaper I couldn't help but root for them.

Snydertigersrul
07-21-2006, 10:15 PM

That sounds like a good idea, but it never would work. People want to see a winner and a loser. The bottom line is winning puts people into the seats and keep the school board off the head coach's back.

Black_Magic
07-22-2006, 05:43 PM
so how about we have the teams just play...and we'll not keep score!!! That way nobody wins, nobody loses. Sound like a plan??? :rolleyes: I remember a quote from the Movie THE ROCK.. Sean Connery said. " losers whinne about doing thier best, Winners go home with the prom queen."

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 05:46 PM
If you are cheering for one team, aren't you, by that very fact, rooting against the other team??

When I go to a Greenwood game, I cheer for them, I may not yell AGAINST the other team, but I damn sure don't want them to win!!

Snydertigersrul
07-22-2006, 10:43 PM
If you are cheering for one team, aren't you, by that very fact, rooting against the other team??

When I go to a Greenwood game, I cheer for them, I may not yell AGAINST the other team, but I damn sure don't want them to win!!

Way to go Ranger Mom. You hit the nail on the head.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Way to go Ranger Mom. You hit the nail on the head.

OMG!!! Did we just agree on something?:eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe I did misunderstand the question. The way I read the thread, I saw it as the criticism of other teams and the crap talking that takes frequently on message boards between fans of other schools is what is considered rooting against teams. It is common to find people saying that if there is a team that they have a grudge against, whether it be a rival or not, they hope that team loses every game. I'm not saying that rivalries and traditions are wrong, but hoping that a kid loses a game whenever they aren't playing the team that you support because you don't like the team they play for isn't right. I guess I must be alone on this one or many of you have failed to see the point I have been trying to make.

Matthew328
07-23-2006, 01:04 PM
I didn't root against the team but I kind of hoped they'd get beat in the playoffs because I hated playing them...they were alwasy so darn tough and that's

Abilene Wylie

I look at it more of a compliment than anything...I did not like playing those guys...

injuredinmelee
07-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I root against Snyder every week. I would root for Notre Dame and the Taliban before I would root for the Tigers... the only reason.. Black Magic.

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe I did misunderstand the question. The way I read the thread, I saw it as the criticism of other teams and the crap talking that takes frequently on message boards between fans of other schools is what is considered rooting against teams. It is common to find people saying that if there is a team that they have a grudge against, whether it be a rival or not, they hope that team loses every game. I'm not saying that rivalries and traditions are wrong, but hoping that a kid loses a game whenever they aren't playing the team that you support because you don't like the team they play for isn't right. I guess I must be alone on this one or many of you have failed to see the point I have been trying to make.
I get what you're saying, I think...or maybe I don't. Are you saying the only games we can care about the outcome is for the team we support?

I'm not saying the talk that happens would be rooting against teams, but that I might hope for one of the two teams to win (and/or lose) based on the "talk".

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2006, 02:00 PM
No, the only real problem that I have is singling out teams and hoping that they always fail simply because you don't like them. I have said what I have because I think that as fans a lot of people are not aware as to how much an athlete puts into winning, and when a person tries to tear down a team and hopes they fail, they are hoping that the dreams and the efforts of every individual on that team are extinguished and made in vain. This is high school football, there should be a certain level of compassion and respect for players for every team, not hatred for the team and for the kids that play on that team.

Snydertigersrul
07-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I root against Snyder every week. I would root for Notre Dame and the Taliban before I would root for the Tigers... the only reason.. Black Magic.

I root against Sweetwater every week. I must admit in the lat two years, I did root for Sweetwater against Wylie. My two favorite teams are the Snyder Tigers and whoever is playing Sweetwater.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I root against Sweetwater every week. I must admit in the lat two years, I did root for Sweetwater against Wylie. My two favorite teams are the Snyder Tigers and whoever is playing Sweetwater.
Judging by the spelling of your name, I would not have expected anything else.

mustang04
07-23-2006, 07:06 PM

big blue.....take it easy on the mentally challenged....:D

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 08:34 PM

You know...I was gonna mention that at one time but thought he probably ran out of space.....but now looking at YOUR name, it's way longer!!:thinking: :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
You know...I was gonna mention that at one time but thought he probably ran out of space.....but now looking at YOUR name, it's way longer!!:thinking: :thinking:
No, I'm pretty sure he/she spelled his/her name like that because typing like the on a computer is what many would consider in vogue. Nobody can be original these days it seems, or traditional for that matter.

3afan
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
... the thread about teams you root against just because of some of the posters on this board. I looked but couldnt find it ... but I do a have a team in mind.

:o

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
HERE IT IS!!! :D :D :devil: :devil: :nerd: :nerd: :thinking:

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
found it & bumped it :D

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2006, 01:38 PM
I've got your back.... ;)

here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=37326) OR here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=35581)

Take your pick.

injuredinmelee
12-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
HERE IT IS!!! :D :D :devil: :devil: :nerd: :nerd: :thinking:

oh Rita such a giv er. Is it just the Christmas season that sweetens you or is it always like this?

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 01:42 PM
:evillol: :evillol: 3afan loves these threads :p :p

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 01:43 PM
oh Rita such a giv er. Is it just the Christmas season that sweetens you or is it always like this? :thinking: Both, I think! :devil:

injuredinmelee
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've got your back.... ;)

here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=37326) OR here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=35581)

Take your pick.

Ha Rita beat you. Of course yours did offer two choices...

3afan
12-20-2006, 02:00 PM
thanks ..................

LH or Celina? hhhmmmmm

pirate4state
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Ha Rita beat you. Of course yours did offer two choices... :D I bumped them both & now I think I'll MERGE them all. :nerd:

AP Panther Fan
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:D I bumped them both & now I think I'll MERGE them all. :nerd:

you go girl...flaunt those "super powers" ;) :kiss:

Ranger Mom
07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
and once again.....just because!!!:D