12-19-2006, 03:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/
Should fit in well. :rolleyes:

RdaleBoi08
12-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Same #As He Was On The 76ers

injuredinmelee
12-19-2006, 03:40 PM
with all their suspensions they almost had to make a deal to field a team.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Those jerseys are going to sell ridiculously fast.

themsu97
12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
who cares... he is a thug... plays in the overrated NBA... which stands for nothing but attitude or nothing but a-holes

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
who cares... he is a thug... plays in the overrated NBA... which stands for nothing but attitude or nothing but a-holes

There is some truth to that but Can you imagine Melo and AI on the floor doin their thing. Ought to be somethin to see.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Who isn't a thug these days according to you downlowers:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JR2004
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Who isn't a thug these days according to you downlowers:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Apparently no one if you read this board enough!

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Apparently no one if you read this board enough! Yea I know

3afan
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

you seem to think fighting is cool ..........

themsu97
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
remember back in high school when AI was sent to prison for throwing a chair at a brawl at a bowling alley... but he got out so he would have to do 4 years of college...
heard he was a heck of a qb in Virginia, some say better than even Vick... but probably nowhere near the greatest qb ever... VY;)

Adidas410s
12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
remember back in high school when AI was sent to prison for throwing a chair at a brawl at a bowling alley... but he got out so he would have to do 4 years of college...
heard he was a heck of a qb in Virginia, some say better than even Vick... but probably nowhere near the greatest qb ever... VY;)
Never heard that story...

3&2count
12-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Bethel High School/The Brawl
In his days at Bethel High School in Hampton, Iverson was a star football and basketball player. He had scholarship offers from all over the country, as he quarterbacked the football team to a state championship his junior year. He was in the midst of leading the school's basketball team to a state title when he went to a Hampton bowling alley with friends on Valentine's Day 1993. A brawl broke out between Iverson's friends, all of whom were African-American, and several white teenagers.

Iverson claims that the brawl was triggered by racial slurs, and although the level of his involvement remains unclear -- he has maintained his innocence -- Iverson was alleged to have hit a woman in the head with a chair. He and three other African-American youths were arrested.

At 17, Iverson was convicted on a felony charge of "maiming-by-mob" and drew a 15-year prison sentence, with 10 years suspended. All scholarship offers were quickly rescinded. He spent four months at the Newport News City Farm before Virginia Governor Douglas Wilder granted him a pardon. In 1995, the Virginia Court of Appeals overturned the conviction, citing insufficient evidence of his guilt.

College at Georgetown University
While Iverson was in prison, his mother visited Georgetown basketball coach John Thompson in December 1993, begging him to help her son. "She was the reason why I helped her child," Thompson said.

In spring 1994, he visited Iverson at Hampton's Richard Milburn High, a school that catered to at-risk students or students who already had dropped out of high school. Thompson told the prolific guard that he would offer him a scholarship, but he would not hesistate to send Iverson "back to Hampton with his tail between his legs" if he failed to comply with the legendary coach, or strict honor code of Georgetown.

At Georgetown, Iverson was an Arts major, his first love as a child. He is still known for impressive caricatures that depict teammates and celebrities.

As a Hoya, Iverson won two Big East Defensive Player of the Year awards, a Rookie of the Year award, 1995-1996 All-Tournament 1st Team, and a Gold Medal for his win at the World University Games in Japan in 1995. He was also the Hoyas All-Time leading scorer.

As his family situation worsened and financial responsibility mounted, Iverson needed to turn pro early, which meant leaving school before graduating. Iverson was the first of just two basketball players (Victor Page being the other) to leave Georgetown without a degree under Thompson.

After two phenomenal years at Georgetown, Allen left his coach John Thompson and announced himself eligible for the NBA draft.

necks_c/09
12-19-2006, 08:13 PM

big daddy russ
12-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Iverson's my favorite player today. One of the last 'hustle' players of our generation, along with Artest, Bowen, Ostertag, and a few others. On that note, he doesn't fit in with Denver. He needs to be a shooting guard with a big PG (6'3" and up), and Earl Boykins doesn't fit that bill.

Would've been a better fit in LA with the Clipps.

eagles_victory
12-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Iverson's my favorite player today. One of the last 'hustle' players of our generation, along with Artest, Bowen, Ostertag, and a few others. On that note, he doesn't fit in with Denver. He needs to be a shooting guard with a big PG (6'3" and up), and Earl Boykins doesn't fit that bill.

Would've been a better fit in LA with the Clipps. would of been a good fit with Livingston but the Sixers wouldnt of done the deal if they couldnt get Livingston

big daddy russ
12-20-2006, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
would of been a good fit with Livingston but the Sixers wouldnt of done the deal if they couldnt get Livingston
You're right, but there aren't very many good big PG's in the league who could complement Iverson. Eric Snow may have a couple of good years left, but I think you're looking at guys like Chauncey Billups, Livingston, Andre Miller, Jason Kidd and Deron Williams when you're looking at guys who can complement AI.

He's not a point guard and the Nuggets will have to get Boykins (a defensive liability, especially with the 5'10" Iverson playing point..... I've met him more than once, he definititely not much taller than me) more playing time to balance Iverson and 'Melo. Definitely a great spark, but definitely not a good fit for Denver at all.

LitanyofFury
12-20-2006, 05:55 AM
I just don't really get basketball. These so called "superstars" end up having the whole game based around them most nights. The other four guys are there to feed them the ball so they can take 30+ shots a night. . .of which they won't even hit 40%. Just makes me wonder why they're getting paid all that money to shoot a worse free-throw percentage than I do, ya know Shaq?