PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi folks -

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I'll be in town after Christmas... any suggestions on fun things to do while there? Recommend a resturant? I think we arrive on the 26th and leave on the 29th (gotta be back for all the New Year Parties)... :D

44INAROW
12-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
I'll be in town after Christmas... any suggestions on fun things to do while there? Recommend a resturant? I think we arrive on the 26th and leave on the 29th (gotta be back for all the New Year Parties)... :D

dang, I'll miss you by a day - we're going to my sister in laws for a day .........

I have a call into my brother in law for the name of the Mexican food place they go to all the time - excellent food - it's off SPID in the vacinity of Cannibas (sp) field

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cannibas field

:eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Cannibas (sp) field

I believe that would be Cabinas (sp) Field! ;)

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
dang, I'll miss you by a day - we're going to my sister in laws for a day .........

I have a call into my brother in law for the name of the Mexican food place they go to all the time - excellent food - it's off SPID in the vacinity of Cannibas (sp) field Cool - my favorite food...

big daddy russ
12-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Restaurants...

-Mama Mia's downtown for Italian food
-The Longhorn for steaks
-Kiko's is good Mexican food that's easy to find

Things to do...
What do you like? Sightseeing? Barhopping? Clubbing?

If you like sightseeing, check out North Beach just over the Harbor Bridge. The Lexington aircraft carrier (now a museum) is over there along with the Texas State Aquarium. That Friday (Dec. 29) and Saturday, the TAMU-CC Islanders are hosting a college hoops tournament. Here's their schedule

link (http://goislanders.xosn.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14100&KEY=&SPID=6580&SPSID=59970)

44INAROW
12-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Restaurants...

-The Longhorn for steaks

Things to do...

If you like sightseeing, check out North Beach just over the Harbor Bridge. The Lexington aircraft carrier (now a museum) is over there along with the Texas State Aquarium. That Friday (Dec. 29) and Saturday, the TAMU-CC Islanders are hosting a college hoops tournament. Here's their schedule

link (http://goislanders.xosn.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14100&KEY=&SPID=6580&SPSID=59970)

KIKO's is the place I was thinking of............

LONGHORN - I think that's the place where Rita, P44, AP Panther Fan and I met for supper during Regional Golf............ very good food - and the libations were pretty good as well :)

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
KIKO's is the place I was thinking of............

LONGHORN - I think that's the place where Rita, P44, AP Panther Fan and I met for supper during Regional Golf............ very good food - and the libations were pretty good as well :)

Yep, that's the place!!! :) :thumbsup:

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Brewster St Icehouse Dec 28 Kevin Fowler will be there

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
:eek: :eek:

LOL...Cannibas Field might be fun to visit before going out for dessert;)

JUST KIDDING!

And yes, we did go to the Longhorn Steakhouse. I am still kind of partial to Texas Roadhouse (I think it is still open).:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Brewster St Icehouse Dec 28 Kevin Fowler will be there

That looks like a fun place! I have only seen it from the upper deck at Whataburger Field though.....

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
That looks like a fun place! I have only seen it from the upper deck at Whataburger Field though.....

It is a fun place with some good food and its even better when Kevin Fowler is there!

Maroon87
12-19-2006, 05:02 PM
It is a fun place with some good food and its even better when Kevin Fowler is there!

A couple other good places are Executive Surf Club and Dr. Rockit's. They're about a block apart on Chaparral St. downtown.

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
A couple other good places are Executive Surf Club and Dr. Rockit's. They're about a block apart on Chaparral St. downtown.

Do they still sell food after the smoking ban? They had some wicked nachos. :cool:

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Brewster St Icehouse Dec 28 Kevin Fowler will be there Could do this - it's my birthday...

Hear that fb_gurl--Kevin Fowler... So how would I find it?

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Restaurants...

-The Longhorn for steaks

Things to do...

link (http://goislanders.xosn.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14100&KEY=&SPID=6580&SPSID=59970) Cool - now I did know about the Aquarium and really wanted to that - just wonder if it'll be open?

fb_gurl
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Could do this - it's my birthday...

Hear that fb_gurl--Kevin Fowler... So how would I find it?

One problem........ the munchkin will be there.......

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Cool - now I did know about the Aquarium and really wanted to that - just wonder if it'll be open? I think they are open year round!! :thumbsup:

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by fb_gurl
One problem........ the munchkin will be there.......
It'll be okay - she's 12... if it gets rowdy, I can leave...

Originally posted by pirate4state
I think they are open year round!! :thumbsup: Great! Thank You!

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Here's the link to The Texas State Aquarium ( http://www.texasstateaquarium.org/)

I might be able to get some passes for you. How many folks will be with you?

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Here's the link to The Texas State Aquarium ( http://www.texasstateaquarium.org/)

I might be able to get some passes for you. How many folks will be with you? Really? 4...:clap: Thanks for the link (btw)...

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Darn - my youngest wants to work with dolphins when she grows-up... Their "Become A Dolphin Trainer for A Day" requires her to be 13 yoa...

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Really? 4...:clap: Thanks for the link (btw)...

I am waiting for a call back. I will pm you when I find out.:)

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I am waiting for a call back. I will pm you when I find out.:) You rock!! :kiss:

Maroon87
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
BTW Brewster St. Pub is located at 1724 N Tanachua. It's right under the Harbor Bridge across from Whataburger Field.

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
BTW Brewster St. Pub is located at 1724 N Tanachua. It's right under the Harbor Bridge across from Whataburger Field.

Here's the link for Brewster Street Ice House (www.brewsterstreet.net)

Looks like you can look at upcoming events/entertainers and order tickets online.

olddawggreen
12-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Ship Ahoy for dinner and Inzes Lonesome Coyote for drinks and dancing.:D

IHS Fan
12-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Ship Ahoy for dinner and Inzes Lonesome Coyote for drinks and dancing.:D

man, you're showing some age dropping names like that. i spent many drunk nights in inza's back in the 70's.

CHS_Grad '85
12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks everybody - I've gotten alot of great ideas...

CalallenWildcat
12-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Corpus is an awesome place over the Christmas break, I have found. Always something to do...too bad it isn't like that in other times of the year.

I'll second the previous suggestions on restaurants and things to do. Also, if you are looking for seafood, Water Street Seafood Company (on Water Street...go figure) is good, as is Snoopy's Pier (under the JFK Causeway going toward the Island...just ask people how to get there). For Mexican Food, La Playa is also good...one of their locations is just off SPID next to Outback Steakhouse.