PDA

View Full Version : Lieberman crying about new NCAA Rule

injuredinmelee
12-19-2006, 02:49 PM
ESPN article (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/columns/story?columnist=lieberman_nancy&id=2701428)

Be careful what you ask for. I think the NCAA has a good point in saying that it takes away opportunities from other female atheltes. Wasnt that thw whole point of Title IX to create equal opportunities for women athletes even though the mens sports (esp football) support the other sports in the university?

Darren
12-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Agreed......

Phil C
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
REDICULOUS! ONE OF THE REASONS OUR WOMEN WON THE SOCCER GOLD AT THE USA OLYMPICS IN 2004 WAS BECAUSE THE PRACTICED AGAINST A MEN'S TEAM. EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST THEY BECAME BETTER PLAYERS AND WE GOT THE GOLD. THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS!
STOP BEING REDICULOUS!

:mad:

injuredinmelee
12-19-2006, 03:36 PM
but Phil they are taking chances away from other women athletes. You cant cry for one thing and get it then cry about having it all. Be careful what you ask for. It makes me so mad the schools across the country that had to drop some mens sports to add womens sports that no one care about or supports. Historically and at most universities Mens athletics pays the bills for the womens sports. That can not be denied. They wanted treated equal they have to practice equal.

injuredinmelee
12-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I have been to Collegiate events for both men and women. I can think of several episodes where the Womens team was way better than the mens teams but no one showed up to watch the girls, but they packed the gym for the guys.

Darren
12-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I have been to Collegiate events for both men and women. I can think of several episodes where the Womens team was way better than the mens teams but no one showed up to watch the girls, but they packed the gym for the guys.

Once again agreed....

I also think that the Colleges are discriminating against FOOSEBALL playing and I think that money should be appropriated to this sport. The NCAA should step in and allow only one armed Hispanics that are hermaphrodites to play it since they are being discriminated against.

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
In highschool why are women allowed to play football, but men can't play on the volleyball team?

Darren
12-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
In highschool why are women allowed to play football, but men can't play on the volleyball team?

Because men shouldn't want to??

pirate4state
12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
In highschool why are women allowed to play football, but men can't play on the volleyball team? I know, right? Of course, it might intefere with football practice. I think they should have men's volleyball in HS. Of course, this would proably only work in the larger schools. :thinking:

injuredinmelee
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I know, right? Of course, it might intefere with football practice. I think they should have men's volleyball in HS. Of course, this would proably only work in the larger schools. :thinking:

In CA they have volleyball and water polo in most of the big high schools(boys). Of course they dont play for state championships in football but do in some of the sissier sports.

Phil C
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
When I was in high school I remember reading a paper about somewhere up north where they were setting up a girls' scout lodge but some of the parents wanted boys to be allowed to join but most of the parents were against it. It got into a heated discussion when an old man who had been listening in finally got his say "What are you arguing about! Ain't no boy that age going to want to join something called the girl scouts!"

:)

BILLYFRED0000
12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
When I was in high school I remember reading a paper about somewhere up north where they were setting up a girls' scout lodge but some of the parents wanted boys to be allowed to join but most of the parents were against it. It got into a heated discussion when an old man who had been listening in finally got his say "What are you arguing about! Ain't no boy that age going to want to join something called the girl scouts!"

:)

Well I think it is a silly rule. When I was in the USAF the womens
base team used to practice against the pickup guys all the time. We were usually just as talented as they were and gave them good hard practices. Harder than there second squad. The coach
would break up into two groups and play a lot of 5 on 5 at both ends then play a little full court. It was a good workout and a lot of fun cause those girls were pretty good.

sahen
12-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
In CA they have volleyball and water polo in most of the big high schools(boys). Of course they dont play for state championships in football but do in some of the sissier sports. there is water polo (both men and women) in a lot of the larger schools in texas as well....i know cause it was the only sport my highschool was good at, state powers in water polo..yipee?

theyoefnshow
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
chicks play sports in college? whoa....weird...