PDA

View Full Version : Deer Processing

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Where would you suggest that I get a deer processed if I am wanting Dried sausage, Sausage and Jerky?

I had it done at Burton's Sausage last year and the Sausage and Dried Sausage were very good but the Jerky wasn't good at all.

Any suggestions....

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
I'd suggest donate me some sausage or a back strap :D

lostaussie
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Where would you suggest that I get a deer processed if I am wanting Dried sausage, Sausage and Jerky?

I had it done at Burton's Sausage last year and the Sausage and Dried Sausage were very good but the Jerky wasn't good at all.

Any suggestions.... Wentzel's meat market in Hamilton Tex. that guy is like the world champion summer sausage maker several different occasions.

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I'd suggest donate me some sausage or a back strap :D

I still have some Jalapeno sausage from last year swing by Giddings and you can have some.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I still have some Jalapeno sausage from last year swing by Giddings and you can have some. Hm....I usually don't have a reason to swing by Giddings but that is tempting

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Wentzel's meat market in Hamilton Tex. that guy is like the world champion summer sausage maker several different occasions.

Thanks I will have to look into that one.

JJ7997
12-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Does Green's Sausage House over in Zabkickville do deer ? If they did they would save you a long drive and I know for a fact how good their sausage is !

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Does Green's Sausage House over in Zabkickville do deer ? If they did they would save you a long drive and I know for a fact how good their sausage is !

Yes, they do process deer. We took some down there and should be getting it back within the next few days, so I will tell you all how it tastes.

44INAROW
12-19-2006, 12:03 PM
we make our own fresh and dried sausage - hoping for a good, cold spell in early February to assure a successful batch of dried sausage - humid weather and smoking sausage doesn't work well :(

Stownhorse
12-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Wentzel's meat market in Hamilton Tex. that guy is like the world champion summer sausage maker several different occasions.

he is good

carter08
12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
If you don't mind driving

Prasek's in Hilljie

Darren
12-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

I can't say for certain how there processed deer would taste but if it is anything like their other food that they serve it has to be good (because it's made from real panther parts).

Darren
12-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by carter08
If you don't mind driving

Prasek's in Hilljie

Thats about 2 hrs away.. Is it worth that drive?