PDA

View Full Version : I spent the night at Wal Mart in West Columbia

luvhoops34
12-19-2006, 08:21 AM
We had to move to a new job location yesterday and it was too muddy to get into. I called Wal Mart to ask them if we could park our travel trailer and generator trailer in their parking lot overnight. The manager was gracious enough to let us, and here we are in beautiful West Columbia....:eek:

I have no idea where anything is, except for Wal Mart! Breakfast sure sounds good. Any West Columbia posters on here have any suggesions?

Gsquared
12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Theres a good cafe in Bogata but thats in East Columbia

Johnnypaycheck
12-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Ramon's Taquito Express (head south on 36 and when you get to intersection of 35 and 36 there is hong kong chinese place on left...hang a left and Ramon's is on the right down about 1/2 to a mile. GREAT BREAKFAST TACOS!)

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh God, I am sorry you are stuck there! Just kidding, nice folks.

Breakfast: go down to light (Hwy 35) just past Dairy Queen, take a left. Proceed about a quarter mile & there is a place on the right by Sonic that is really good (tacos, etc.). There are a few places around there to eat as well. High School will be on the right as well for a landmark.

Lucy's Mexican is good later in the day, & Baytown Seafood is great for fresh seafood at a reasonable price. Both are nearby. Baytown is at the light past Dairy Queen to the right, can't miss it. Go straight thru that light (Hwy 35) & Lucy's will be past the school on the left too.

Hope that helps.

Johnnypaycheck
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Oh God, I am sorry you are stuck there! Just kidding, nice folks.

Breakfast: go down to light (Hwy 35) just past Dairy Queen, take a left. Proceed about a quarter mile & there is a place on the right by Sonic that is really good (tacos, etc.). There are a few places around there to eat as well. High School will be on the right as well for a landmark.

Lucy's Mexican is good later in the day, & Baytown Seafood is great for fresh seafood at a reasonable price. Both are nearby. Baytown is at the light past Dairy Queen to the right, can't miss it. Go straight thru that light (Hwy 35) & Lucy's will be past the school on the left too.

Hope that helps.

G$$, great minds think alike...i am craving a ramon's taco right now. may have to run down there and get me one!

luvhoops34
12-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks yall! We got here about 11 pm last night, and I did see the DQ when we turned to go to Wal Mart!

The tacos sound wonderful. Planning on heading out here in a bit to eat.

Johnnypaycheck
12-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Tell Frankie that one of the Columbia coaches sent you! we frequent that place quite often. A big contributer to our expanding waistlines here in the dub! LOL..

luvhoops34
12-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Theres a good cafe in Bogata but thats in East Columbia

Actually that's the direction our job location is. Two miles east of the river on Hwy 35.

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
G$$, great minds think alike...i am craving a ramon's taco right now. may have to run down there and get me one!

Man, now you got me hungry!

You know in Sweeny or in WC, it does not take long to list the good places to eat! Those are some good tacos.

18handicap
12-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Yes, I do miss eating at Ramon's. I will be down there for the Holiday Classic at my usual spot in Brazosport's new gym running the clock. I'll have to pick up some Ramon's each morning.

mac77
12-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Johnny, what in heaven's name are you doing up so early on a day off? I thought only us thump thump coaches who have practice would be scoping out the DL this early!

By the way Hoops, if ya got a good old fashioned sweet tooth in the morning, there's a pretty good donut shop next to Baytown Seafood, also.

luvhoops34
12-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Well yall I was in a hurry so I opted for a Sonic sausage sandwich and some oj. Hubby had to head out to the job site and I am left here at the Wal Mart. :(

pancho villa
12-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Eat at Lucy's tonite gret Mexican food. Just south of the intersection of 36 and 35.

themsu97
12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
if you are going to eat at Lucy's... make sure you get there before Pancho fatso Villa shows up or there will be no food left... Crop can put them away as well as Mac..
sorry you are stuck in the scrub...

carter08
12-19-2006, 12:14 PM
I agree
Eat at Lucy's
the Fried Ice Cream is very good

So you';re just wondering around Wal-Mart with a laptop

Have fun with that