PDA

View Full Version : Former 3A players on the TV today...

SintonFan
09-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Saw a highlight in the TCU game today. Tye Gunn running for a touchdown. In the Notre Dame game, this kid named Chambers just ran a long punt back for a TD. They said he was from Liberty. Don't know much about the kid, can anyone bring some of us more info on this kid? That was one hellova runback!

cl8114
09-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Another 3A player is former all state running back Taurean Henderson. He plays RB at Tech and he also is deep on the kickoffs. Keeping looking for him Coach Leach has nothing to say but good things about him.

Chris Hart
09-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Brandon Jones just made a 14 yd. reception for Oklahoma.He is a product of Texarkana Liberty-Eylau.Good player!

Specklebelly
09-07-2002, 04:25 PM
David Underwood of Madisonville scored a rushing TD for Michigan today.

Adidas410s
09-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Former Wylie standout John Lampert was playing for Purdue today as a true freshman. He is starting on punt returns and kickoffs as well as getting a couple of plays on defense. However, he is probably going to be medical redshirted after today. During 7 on 7 drills at the end of summer practice, a teammate stepped on his shoulder and completely tore a ligament. Right now he is playing with a custom brace on his shoulder, but any serious blow would reinjure it. He will most likely undergo surgery in the next couple of weeks.

Head Hunter
09-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Jason Carter who use to play for Caldwell was returning punts for the aggies. He did alright except for some key mistakes, like one play he caught a punt and threw it to the other team, thats what it looked like but, he is a awesome athlete none the less

EAGLEBLUE
09-07-2002, 06:03 PM
The CHAMBERS kid, if it is the same one who played at Liberty is the real deal I think he graduated in 2000. Wasn't sure where he ended up. That kid gave BH fits in distict play. He played QB was very dangerous running the ball.

EAGLEBLUE
09-07-2002, 07:08 PM
SINTONFAN, The Liberty kid's name is Anthony Chambers and he plays for PURDUE.

SintonFan
09-07-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by EAGLEBLUE:
SINTONFAN, The Liberty kid's name is Anthony Chambers and he plays for PURDUE.

Thanks for the info. I got to see his punt return live. He wouldn't have returned it if he didn't have great vision. He's an impressive player. Thanks for all the responses. We should make this a weekly Sat. thread, to keep current on the former 3A college kids. I hope the Wylie kid stays healthy.

Matthew328
09-07-2002, 11:24 PM
In the TCU game 2 players from Everman start for the Frogs..even though they both played at Everman when they were 4A...tailback Corey Connally and DT John Turntine who had a fumble recovery for a TD

HsFtblFan
09-07-2002, 11:38 PM
Derrick Curry, number 49 for Notre Dame, is from Sealy. He starts at outside linebacker for the Irish and had a few tackles today and a fumble recovery.

SintonFan
09-08-2002, 12:10 AM
This is awesome...
my first time to watch Saturday football in two years and I get to put names (and towns) to numbers on TV. I missed the Sinton game yesterday so I watched the games like I was a crack addict looking for the next best alternative! (sorry about the drug analogy Matt and Co.) I bet we heard as many 3A names called today on national TV as 4A today!

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited September 08, 2002).]

coolguycody_c
09-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Former Vernon Lion, Chedrick Ricks plays for Baylor.

marlinbulldog
09-08-2002, 03:33 PM
former marlin qb/fs started for tcu saturday at cb