PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 01:04 AM
What does everyone think of this whole situation between him and the Nugget coach?

District303aPastPlayer
12-19-2006, 01:13 AM
they are both funny...

g$$
12-19-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What does everyone think of this whole situation between him and the Nugget coach?

Thomas has been disliked in the league for years. This feud stems from the way Larry Brown was treated, & both Karl & Brown are old North Carolina guys who played under Dean Smith. Karl was sticking it to the Knicks & this resulted. Have you seen the video showing Thomas telling Carmello what was to come if he went in the paint?

Thomas will be out of work again soon after the Knicks fire him. The owner gave him 1 more year. The once proud NYK are now a joke & changes are coming in the Big Apple.

g$$
12-19-2006, 04:42 AM
Thomas was a great player but horrible as a coach & GM. He is still bitter from when Karl Malone knocked him out cold years ago & he had to get about 40 stitches above his eye!

luvhoops34
12-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Thomas was a great player but horrible as a coach & GM. He is still bitter from when Karl Malone knocked him out cold years ago & he had to get about 40 stitches above his eye!

I have never liked Karl Malone, until now.....:D

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I have never liked Karl Malone, until now.....:D

Oh yeah, Malone got him & got him good. Malone was taking up for Stockton getting roughed by the Bad Boys. Thomas got clocked & bled like a stuck pig. If you look at him on tv, Thomas has a huge scar above his eye where his eyebrow still does not grow right!

It was a cheap shot, but I hate Thomas, so I liked it.

Maroon87
12-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Everything Isiah has touched in his post-basketball career has turned into garbage because the guy can't check his ego.

big daddy russ
12-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Bill Laimbeer and Isaiah were the mouths of the Bad Boys. Rick Mahorn always was the muscle.

I hate the Knicks, but have always thought it was sad to see them like this. They haven't had a clear direction for the franchise since they made the Finals in '99. Seems like Ernie Grunfeld was the last GM they had that used any common sense.

Since then, they've decided that loading up on talented scoring guards was the way to go. The only true PG on the roster is a second-year guy who doesn't get any playing time and was suspended by the league for a few games, they've fallen in love with combo guards, and only one of their five high-profile players earns his keep. And Quentin Richardson has been having back problems lately.

They have $30 million sunk into two point guards (and I use that term loosely) who, combined and averaged out, only average about 30 minutes per game. And neither really produces much.

They don't have a shooter on the team (and therefore, no zone busters), they've thrown way too much money at lazy, underacheiving centers, and Isaiah Thomas is suffocating what seems to be a great group of youngsters (Nate Robinson, David Lee, Jared Jeffries, and an undersized hustler inside in Channing Frye).

Frye reminds me a lot of Marcus Camby with his long frame and shotblocking and rebounding prescence, while Robinson just has that winner's bulldog mentality. They should trade away the dead weight (Starbury, Crawford, Stevie Franchise, Jerome James, and Eddy Curry), keep Quentin as an extra spark to go with Robinson and a guard who can crash the boards, find out if Lee can be your zone-buster and three-point threat, get a coach who is disciplined and expects more from his PG's and posts, and let Malik Rose get in there to do some dirty work. He's only 6'7," but he used to be one of the league's best defenders against tough C's and PF's like Shaq and Zo, and he has championship experience.

BU97
12-19-2006, 08:07 PM
I am too young to really remember Isiah when he was a player. I mean I remember him playing, but I did not really pay close enough attention to the NBA then. I always assumed he was a class guy because he is such a soft spoken guy. Since he has been an exec he has been a real a$$, I guess it is good to know that this is not new for him. He is a world class jerk!

g$$
12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by BU97
I am too young to really remember Isiah when he was a player. I mean I remember him playing, but I did not really pay close enough attention to the NBA then. I always assumed he was a class guy because he is such a soft spoken guy. Since he has been an exec he has been a real a$$, I guess it is good to know that this is not new for him. He is a world class jerk!

Bobby Knight & Chuck Daly kept him in check. Since his playing days ended, you see the results. Guy is a world class jerk. His soft-spoken nature to the press conceals a small, jealous man.

He has made many racist statements too thru the years.

JJ7997
12-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Oh yeah, Malone got him & got him good. Malone was taking up for Stockton getting roughed by the Bad Boys. Thomas got clocked & bled like a stuck pig. If you look at him on tv, Thomas has a huge scar above his eye where his eyebrow still does not grow right!

It was a cheap shot, but I hate Thomas, so I liked it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: