PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Taylor - The Showdown...

Milk That Cow
12-18-2006, 09:45 PM
BBQ Showdown that is...

As over the past couple of days, I've partaked of the City Meat Market(Giddings) and Louie Mueller(Taylor)

THE RESULTS

BBQ SAUCE - Big Edge to Giddings - It might be the best there is...

BRISKET - A Push - Both were pretty doggone good...

SAUSAGE - Edge to Taylor - If it were cooked a liitle more they might have been the best there is...

RIBS - A Push - Giddings had pretty good pork ribs, but Taylor's beef ribs were delicious as well...

That Is All...

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I haven't eaten at Taylor before.. Since I am from Giddings I have had there BBQ plenty of times at it is probably in the top 3 that I have had.

Have you eaten at Coopers in Llano.. It's very good as well.

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
What do you think about Elgin's BBQ? Everyone always says how good it is and I have been to Southside and Meyers probably 10+ times each and have never found them to be that good.

What do you think?

Milk That Cow
12-19-2006, 10:37 AM
I think Southside is kinda overrated...

Meyer's for me is hit and miss. I went there one evening late, and it felt like I was eating 3 Day old BBQ...

rundoe
12-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I haven't eaten at Taylor before.. Since I am from Giddings I have had there BBQ plenty of times at it is probably in the top 3 that I have had.

Have you eaten at Coopers in Llano.. It's very good as well.

Coopers Rocks!!!!

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I lived in Belton/Temple for a while and Scheps (spelling) is a good BBQ place but besides that one I didn't find any other that I liked.

What does WACO have to offer?

Milk That Cow
12-19-2006, 10:53 AM

Cafeteria-Style BBQ that's just gawd awful...

Darren
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Cafeteria-Style BBQ that's just gawd awful...

What about Rudy's BBQ......

I think that it is about a 6.5 on a scale of 1-10 considering the fact that it is a chain.

Darren
12-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Coopers Rocks!!!!

I agree do you eat the Pork chops there?

Johnnypaycheck
12-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I lived in Belton/Temple for a while and Scheps (spelling) is a good BBQ place but besides that one I didn't find any other that I liked.

Belton- Schoepf's (sp?) it is horrible compared to Louie Mueller's

Waco - Michna's is GOOD! has kinfolk from Taylor

The best place to eat BBQ in Taylor is under the hwy 95 overpass at the Taylor Cafe aka Vencil Mare's. Cheap and very good!

ILS1
12-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Cooper's in Mason is A WHOLE LOT BETTER!!! I've had no problem @ Southside in Elgin!!! The Salt Lick in Driftwood is da bomb!!! Blacks in Lockhart is overrated!!!

:D

lostaussie
12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Have you eaten at Coopers in Llano.. It's very good as well. enough said:thumbsup: