PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw

eagles_victory
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Edge wins the battle royal man he cheated

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
It's hard to cheat in a sport that is staged and planned out.

setxsports
12-18-2006, 09:15 PM
I hate Edge

Emerson1
12-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I missed the first hour because the guide said it wasn't on. I even set it to record 8-10 but not 7-10

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I missed the first hour because the guide said it wasn't on. I even set it to record 8-10. I thought it might be 3 hours tonight.

the Hardy's are great...

theyoefnshow
12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
The PPV last night was SICK. I wasn't going to order until I read they made the tag match a 4 team w/ a ladder. Seeing Joey Mercury get busted open by that ladder as it happened was super scary. That was the 2nd worst legit injury in wrestling I've ever seen and I've been watchin since 88....

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
The PPV last night was SICK. I wasn't going to order until I read they made the tag match a 4 team w/ a ladder. Seeing Joey Mercury get busted open by that ladder as it happened was super scary. That was the 2nd worst legit injury in wrestling I've ever seen and I've been watchin since 88....

2nd worse only to Owen Hart... :(

theyoefnshow
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
well...that doesn't count as it wasn't caught on Camera. First would be the time Vince got busted open in the head by Zach Gowen. That was just gross. Third would be win Eddie Guerrero (RIP) busted pretty bad against JBL a few years back.

eagles_victory
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
zac gowen was awesome i cant wait to see cena vs K-Fed on the 1st

theyoefnshow
12-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Gowen was good but it was just a spotfest with him. Dropkick, dropkick, moonsault, repeat....I dunno....respect him for what he did/does but it was a novelty act. TNA starting to catch a lil heat though......RVD has made it open that he wants to jump after his contract expires in early '07.......

thatsminty
12-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
It's hard to cheat in a sport that is staged and planned out.

lolz

theyoefnshow
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
it was meant in the storyline he cheated numbnutz

eagles_victory
12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
a littlecompetiton wouldnt hurt the WWE maybe they would put out a little stronger product to defeat the competition it seems to be a little lackluster here of late

theyoefnshow
12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
TNA can only take it so far with Jarrett & now Russo in charge. IF Heyman was for real fired by McMahon and he goes to TNA..THEN.....they might have a chance IF they give him control.....Imagine Heyman going off on Vince about the product and the "new" ECW....that'd be worth the price of a pay per view in itself.

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
For the record, the sickest legit injury to ever take play in a wrestling ring has to be the broken leg that Sid Vicious suffered after jumping to the mat from the top rope. Search for the video. I was reminded of it after that college player (from Alabama?) broke his leg last year. Horrible thing to see on what was previously just another boring episode of Nitro.

Old Tiger
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
wrestling sucks now....

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 01:40 AM
man i forgot all about the Sid Vicious injury....yeah....that was pretty disturbing...I actually just saw the video for the first time a few months ago. His leg was just dangling there and he had this "what tha hell" look on his face. I'm telling you though, the ladder match from Sunday night was worth the price of the PPV. I watched it about 2 and a half times today (thank you TiVo!) and each time it just got better & better.

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:23 AM
I know that some of you people like this fake wrestling but I just don't get it.

I used to watch it when I was a kid with Hulk, Hacksaw, Jake the Snake and guys like that. But come on I just don't understand why someone would want to pay money to watch a pay per-view match that is rigged.

Wrestling sucks donkey dong.

Maroon87
12-19-2006, 09:30 AM
well...that doesn't count as it wasn't caught on Camera. First would be the time Vince got busted open in the head by Zach Gowen. That was just gross. Third would be win Eddie Guerrero (RIP) busted pretty bad against JBL a few years back.

Sid Vicious breaking his leg on Nitro several years back was awful...he jumped off the turnbuckles and when he landed one of his legs went the wrong way.:eek:

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Ahh, I almost went and watched it to. I can't afford to buy the PPV so me and a friend go and pay $5 to watch it in a bowling alley bar.

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Darren
I know that some of you people like this fake wrestling but I just don't get it.

I used to watch it when I was a kid with Hulk, Hacksaw, Jake the Snake and guys like that. But come on I just don't understand why someone would want to pay money to watch a pay per-view match that is rigged.

It's more dangerous and more exciting than that crap they call UFC.

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM

I hope you are joking....

Fake Wrestling more dangerous than real UFC?????

I know that some of the wrestlers are huge but I would like to see one of them go against a good UFC fighter in a real match.

I don't think that the wrestler would stand a chance.

Wrestling is nothing more than a soap opera for juveniles.

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM

LOL

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 09:41 AM

I know that some of the wrestlers are huge but I would like to see one of them go against a good UFC fighter in a real match.

WWE wrestlers wouldnt be allowed unless they get off the roids UFC does drug testing

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 09:45 AM

its quite simple my feeble minded friend ;) movies are scripted. tv shows are scripted. wwe is scripted. they are watched for ENTERTAINMENT. they don't try to pass themselves as legit but I promise u u nor I could do the things these guys do in the ring some 300 nights a year. scripted or not, cardio plays a huge part. anyone who has ever chain wrestled for more than a minute can tell u that. there is no off seaon. they go year round nonstop. u don't have to like it but if u see what these guys put themselves through four our entertainment, u have to respect it.

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
WWE wrestlers wouldnt be allowed unless they get off the roids UFC does drug testing

wwe initiated a wellness policy in april. about 8 guys were suspended. since then, they test randomly and regularly and have had no problems since. this comes off the heels of the untimely eddie guerrero passing

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I watch it because my 10 yr old son loves it, ive even spent money taking him to a live show they are athletes, actors and stunt men who train hard

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 09:50 AM

UFC consist of a few seconds of standing up and punching, then one player takes the other down and the rest of the match there are locked up lying on the ground. Every 20 seconds there is actually a punch or an elbow. It wouldn't be bad if they stood up the entire time like boxing.

It's funny because the people who like UFC would always used to say how wrestling is gay because it's a bunch of sweaty mean hugging and grabbing each other.

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 09:54 AM
UFC consist of a few seconds of standing up and punching, then one player takes the other down and the rest of the match there are locked up lying on the ground. Every 20 seconds there is actually a punch or an elbow. It wouldn't be bad if they stood up the entire time like boxing.

It's funny because the people who like UFC would always used to say how wrestling is gay because it's a bunch of sweaty mean hugging and grabbing each other.

Obviously you dont watch much UFC or you havent watched in a long time true sometimes there are fighters who dont push the action just as there are guys in boxing who dont throw punches and just stand in the ring and hug each other but for the most part UFC matches end in KOs or submissions

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:06 AM
If you are watching Wrestling knowing that it is fake and they are just well trained actors in the ring that's fine (weird but fine).

But to think that these guys could win a real match with UFC fighter is ridiculous. They are simply well conditioned actors. I know that it isn't an easy job but the are not really fighting. I just don't understand why you would want to go watch a fight that is basically dancing around a ring fake punching and kicking each other until the predetermined winner does a fake finishing move and then wins.

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 10:12 AM
look up the names kurt angle, bobby lashley, brock lesnar, charlie haas, shelton benjamin, sylvester terkay and elijah burke. look at what these guys did BEFORE becoming "sports entertainers" and tell me they are just well conditioned actors.

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 10:13 AM
I would take Big Show over any UFC fighter.;)

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:16 AM
look up the names kurt angle, bobby lashley, brock lesnar, charlie haas, shelton benjamin, sylvester terkay and elijah burke. look at what these guys did BEFORE becoming "sports entertainers" and tell me they are just well conditioned actors.

Get them to fight in UFC we will see what happens.

UFC had one big star back int he day named Ken Shamrock. When he was washed up in UFC he went to Fake Wrestling and was a star again.

Basically washed up Football players, UFC fighters and body builders end up Wrestling.

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Isn't Ken Shamrock back in that kind of fighting?

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 10:22 AM
yes that would explain why all the rookies are about 21 to 23 years old

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Isn't Ken Shamrock back in that kind of fighting?

Yes but he can't win a good UFC fight anymore he is done as a UFC fighter.

Emerson1
12-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by **********
I hate Edge
I like his entrance music. ESPN used it on a highlight segment to last week.

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 10:26 AM

Hah, Daniel Puder nearly broke Angle's arm! :p I think its awful to see such great natural wrestlers waste their talent in the kick and punch WWE. The cannibalization of ECW and WCW have really watered down the product. TNA could be a contender if they got rid of J E double F J a double R E double T Double J Jeff Jarrett. That dude is terrible.

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 10:28 AM
kurt angle won gold in the olympics. lashley was national champion in the armed forces several years in a row. lesnar ncaa champ. burke had a toughman competion record of 100 plus wins, no losses. most of those wins via ko. terkay has dabbled in mma and the only guy to ever pin him was kurt angle. u can't say throw them in the ring because its apples and oranges. throw mike tyson and have him land a punch...game over. have kurt angle lock him in a neck vice....same thing.

Darren
12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
kurt angle won gold in the olympics. lashley was national champion in the armed forces several years in a row. lesnar ncaa champ. burke had a toughman competion record of 100 plus wins, no losses. most of those wins via ko. terkay has dabbled in mma and the only guy to ever pin him was kurt angle. u can't say throw them in the ring because its apples and oranges. throw mike tyson and have him land a punch...game over. have kurt angle lock him in a neck vice....same thing.

I agree that these guys were good in their day. But when they start to fade in their true professions they go to fake wrestling.

DUKE22
12-19-2006, 10:41 AM
I totally agree that wrestling is staged. However, those guys are athletic, and yeah they do get hurt. Watch the Undertaker and Mankind at the king of the ring in the late 90's. You can not fake some of that on a live telecast. Watch the Big Show or as was known the giant almost get his neck broke by a Nash power bomb. Watch the documentary Beyond the Mat, or read Mick Foleys book. There is some serious stuff that goes on in the squared cirlcle at times.

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 10:47 AM
past their prime? lesnar haas benjamin and lashley were college wrestlers. there is an eligibility limit. burke left because once u get to a record like that...what's left? after winning gold in the olympics? not many other options. they also debuted a new guy last night who is supposed to be a beast from the soviet though they changed his name for some reason....

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
There is some serious stuff that goes on in the squared cirlcle at times. .

Benoit dropping Sabu on his neck comes to mind. Oh, and there was that time Kevin Nash blew his quad while stepping through the ropes. :p

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 11:05 AM
lolz at that nash quad thing. he was good on the mic but sucked in the ring. ever since he destroyed backlund which completely killed backlund and bret hart's feud.....I just haven't cared for him. hbk had a sick blade job at survivor series a few years back. most of the ring was red when it was over.

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 11:10 AM
lolz at that nash quad thing. he was good on the mic but sucked in the ring. ever since he destroyed backlund which completely killed backlund and bret hart's feud.....I just haven't cared for him. hbk had a sick blade job at survivor series a few years back. most of the ring was red when it was over.

8 seconds with Backlund wasn't it? :p

Did you see the TNA PPV? I think it was the latest one with Joe/Angle. Read over at Kentucky Fried Rastlin (http://www.comics101.com) that it was a gruesome blade job.

Highschoolfan78
12-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Wrestlers are just as good as athletes as any other sports. If you ever watch Bret Hart's shadow of wrestling, he talks about how perfection is the key to not getting hurt. In some of their biographies(shawn michael's for one) he talks about how difficult it was to wrestle wrestlers like goldberg and Sid because they weren't very good and too stiff in the ring. One little wrong move and the wrestler can be hurt indefinately.

On another note, WWE has gone down hill since the monday night wars. Those rating wars brought the best out of wrestling and it hasn't been the same since WCW's fall. Raw and ECW's tuesday segment have lost all creativity and aren't really worth watchin. (although i still tune in) I really hope TNA gets their act together and puts together a real contender to the WWE. The only problem with them is their characters can not do promos/acting worth a crap. The stonecold's,rock's,and other entertainers are long gone. If you have ever listened to Johnny Nitro do an interview, then you have suffered. That's why he doesnt get much mic time anymore. Interesting side not: WCW fell after giving David Arquette air time and the title. It was a desperate call. WWE now is giving time to K-Fed, which is ridiculous. I am a wrestling fan and I hope things turn around. I grew up watching perhaps horrible wrestlers but great entertainers. The Ultimate Warrior is a hooooooooorrible wrestler/actor but his entrance and energy will never be surpassed. The best wrestlers aside from entertaining were any of the Hart's, Shawn michaels, the Cruiserweights, X-division, and any others who can REALLY wrestle.

just my two cents. I guess being into wrestling this much makes me a loser.haha

mwynn05
12-19-2006, 03:16 PM
UFC sucks pride fighting is so much better
Fedor Emilianenko would kill anyone the UFC has

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I'd pay a lot to see someone destroy tito ortiz

Blastoderm55
12-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd pay a lot to see someone destroy tito ortiz

Dish out $39.95 next weekend and you might see The Iceman do it. I'm pulling for Ortiz though.

stxfootballfan
12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
UFC sucks pride fighting is so much better
Fedor Emilianenko would kill anyone the UFC has

Fedor is the worlds most dangerous man!

mwynn05
12-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Fedor is the worlds most dangerous man! yeah no joke watching him fight is amazing

ILS1
12-19-2006, 06:40 PM
I found the video of Sid Vicious breaking his leg!!! WARNING!!! It is not for the weak at heart or stomach!!!

Sid Vicious Breaking Leg Video (www.break.com/index/wrestlebreak.html)

theyoefnshow
12-19-2006, 08:41 PM
damn that sucks.....
here's the Joey Mercury video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0JA4XBm9w8

trenchdweller
12-20-2006, 09:48 PM
keep the videos coming

Antec
12-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Hasnt been the same without Stone Cold and the Rock

Gorilla Moosoon and Bobby The Brain
were better commentators

Also miss the Undertaker

I remember on plot with STone Cold

they were looking for him at clubs in Bandera

Will never be the same like it was 5-15 years ago

Blastoderm55
12-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Hasnt been the same without Stone Cold and the Rock

Gorilla Moosoon and Bobby The Brain
were better commentators

Also miss the Undertaker

I remember on plot with STone Cold

they were looking for him at clubs in Bandera

Will never be the same like it was 5-15 years ago

Nope, not unless TNA steps up its game. I think UFC could make WWE perform better if it would stop with the recap shows and put on a live event every other week. They have enough fighters to do so. Use the guys.

Bandera YaYa
12-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
zac gowen was awesome i cant wait to see cena vs K-Fed on the 1st OMG ....K-Fed is already a wrestler??? hahahahahahah this is the funniest thing I've read to nite....thanks you made my day!!!! hahahahahahhahaha ...
OMG LOVES IT!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

theyoefnshow
12-20-2006, 11:48 PM
As cracked out as he may be.....the WWE made a big mistake in not hiring Jake Roberts as a road agent. He could've taught these young guys PSYCHOLOGY.....Jake was so over because he worked the mic like no one else and he had you listening to every word he said. he didn't need a title to stay popular...he was just over because of what he said and did. Same for Ted Dibiase. Though not as good as Jake (who was?) Dibiase was the perfect mold for any heel wrestler. JBL tried the same formula and was successful to a degree but the signature laugh of the Million Dollar Man was untouchable! As for TNA....if they want to succeed, they HAVE to get Vince Russo away from writing. He was a hit in WWE because Vince McMahon oversaw what he did. Nobody is there to filter the stupid crap he does now (VKM....Abyss' "dark secret"....NASH in the X division!?!?) so it's hit or miss. There are some things going the right way in TNA......the X Dvision (- Nash) LAX, Petey Williams and as much as I hate to admit it...Angle/Joe. (I'll forever label Angle as a turncoat). I'd love to see Paul Heyman go to Florida but I dont' think you could put Heyman, Cornette & Vince Russo all in one creative meeting.

IHStangFan
12-20-2006, 11:50 PM
if it isn't Stone Cold Steve Austin or the Rock....i dont care :D

theyoefnshow
12-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Austin would still be there if not for the fact that pretty much every major part of his body is completely jacked up. As for Rock.....I hope his film career completely tanks so he can come back and spice it up a bit. His last few movies while decent have not made him "the next Arnold" as he was supposed to be. I heard Gridiron Gang was pretty good though.

IHStangFan
12-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Austin would still be there if not for the fact that pretty much every major part of his body is completely jacked up. As for Rock.....I hope his film career completely tanks so he can come back and spice it up a bit. His last few movies while decent have not made him "the next Arnold" as he was supposed to be. I heard Gridiron Gang was pretty good though. they should at least bring Austin back as a ringside announcer or something....I'd like to hear his commentary. Ya know, call people names and throw beers at them....it'd be great.

District303aPastPlayer
12-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Gridiron Gang was a very good movie...

theyoefnshow
12-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Austin has a movie (made by WWE like the Marine & See No Evil) coming out in the spring or summer called "The Condemned." Something about him being in prison or falsely accused of a crime or something to that effect. Austin was pretty good in Longest Yard and has been on one of those cop dramas so he's pretty versed in hollywood. Could come off very well and 42 , the guy isn't really that old yet and could have one hell of an acting career ahead of him.