PDA

View Full Version : Craig Biggio Family Hunting Trip...must be nice

g$$
12-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Pic below is of Craig Biggio & the family on his ranch in South Texas. Must be nice to have his $$ & resources! Wow, some really impressive deer. Look at all the forks, etc. on the lady's deer on the far right (maybe Craig's mom?). I am officially jealous!

EDIT: Don't think this is in Texas. Maybe Iowa or up that way. Plus look at the deer & the capes/color, size, trees, etc. Those are Northern deer, unless they brought their genetics down here, high fenced it, etc. Not in Texas I don't believe for this pic.

Biggio does have a place in South Texas, as I have heard him speak of it. But I do not think this it. Sorry for any confusion.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176/swt02lt/IMG_0992biggio.jpg

GetRDoneStangs
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I recieved an e-mail with this picture on it today. It also referenced this web site. I don't know if it is where they were hunting, but an impressive operation for sure.

http://antlerranch.com/default.asp

g$$
12-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Must be because the little girl in the pic has a jacket on with that name "Antler Ranch". I know Biggio has a place in South Texas.

I received that same email from 2 different people today too. Must be making the rounds.

Chopblock
12-18-2006, 07:53 PM
It is between Iradell and Meridian off Hwy6

stxfootballfan
12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Ever heard of http://www.bareranches.com/
or http://www.labandera.com/

JJ7997
12-19-2006, 12:28 AM
You can tell by looking that this picture was taken somewhere way up north. Those are northern deer and just look at the trees, does that look like Texas to you ?

GreenMonster
12-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
You can tell by looking that this picture was taken somewhere way up north. Those are northern deer and just look at the trees, does that look like Texas to you ?

Actually, the grass is still green and the trees look like the kind of cover that can be found in that area of Hwy 6 previously mentioned. If you ever feel the need to travel between Abilene and Waco I highly recommend the Hwy 6 route. It is a really nice drive that roughly follows the Meridian River. My favorite section is just outside of Meridian on the Waco side. There is a huge sheer rock cliff that just jumps up out of the ground right next to the highway.

g$$
12-19-2006, 12:53 AM

I just noticed that too. Maybe Iowa or up that way. Plus look at the deer & the capes/color, size, trees, etc. Those are Northern deer, unless they brought their genetics down here, high fenced it, etc. Not in Texas I don't believe for this pic.

Biggio does have a place in South Texas, as I have heard him speak of it. But I do not think this it. Sorry for any confusion.

Darren
12-19-2006, 09:12 AM

I would have to agree that I think that these deer were shot outside of Texas. Not just because of the size (they are huge) but also because the surrondings (trees) do not appear to be something that you would see common to Texas.

AP Panther Fan
12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
LOL...what I find interesting about this picture is that none of the deer have their tongues hanging out. Seems like every dead deer I have ever seen has their tongue hanging out...I guess if you are planning on mounting the deer, you make sure that doesn't happen...wouldn't want that to be my job though.;)

JJ7997
12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Actually, the grass is still green and the trees look like the kind of cover that can be found in that area of Hwy 6 previously mentioned. If you ever feel the need to travel between Abilene and Waco I highly recommend the Hwy 6 route. It is a really nice drive that roughly follows the Meridian River. My favorite section is just outside of Meridian on the Waco side. There is a huge sheer rock cliff that just jumps up out of the ground right next to the highway.

Actually, I am from not too far from highway six and the area in which your refering and those trees are NOT Texas trees. I am glad to see that someone else noticed the deer not being Texas deer. You just have to pay attention to the details or have grown up the Central Texas woods like I did.