PDA

View Full Version : 2007 District 24-3A outlook

IHStangFan
12-18-2006, 06:11 PM
SO....as of next week, I will officially convert to a Needville Bluejays fan. I will still support my Mustangs, but I will be a resident of Needville, and therefore cheer on the Jays next year. How is the district going to look next year? Who will be favored? Who lost the majority of their playmakers, who is returning the majority of their same team from 2006? Predictions? Comments?

Discuss!

carter08
12-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Needville should be favored with Thaddeus Wilkerson returning

Columbia loses a lot, but they will be bringing a JV team up that did not lose a game until this year, with the only reason for those 2 losses because the best players were on varsity

IHStangFan
12-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Needville should be favored with Thaddeus Wilkerson returning

Columbia loses a lot, but they will be bringing a JV team up that did not lose a game until this year, with the only reason for those 2 losses because the best players were on varsity So its safe to say that as of now, Needville and Columbia are the favorites for the 2007 season? Wharton is losing Ansley correct? Colmubia loses Flannel. How bout Sweeny? Needville loses their QB but is primarily a running team anyway correct?

g$$
12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Too early to tell, but I have full faith in Coach Zajicek & staff in Sweeny. I do know Sweeny has some very talented classes on the way (esp. 7th & 8th grade currently). Apparently they have some athletes in those classes. With his offseason program firmly in place now after 2 years back at the helm, the outlook is bright. Look at the All-District picks on here & you will see lots of kids returning (like the Newcomer of the Year, etc.).

That being said, Sweeny lost a very good senior class. Replacing a D1 kid & District MVP like Tank Carder is never easy, but the train rolls on. I never put too much stock in JV records b/c often times most of the "stars" are already on Varsity at the 3A level. Should be a competitive district as always.

carter08
12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
So its safe to say that as of now, Needville and Columbia are the favorites for the 2007 season? Wharton is losing Ansley correct? Colmubia loses Flannel. How bout Sweeny? Needville loses their QB but is primarily a running team anyway correct?

Sweeny loses Tank
They return a average QB in Zajcek.

The way I see it playing out

1. Columbia/ needville
2. Columbia/ Needville
3. Wharton

Because Wharton is usually good

IHStangFan
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
yup, its nearly a year away, and I'm ready to watch some 24-3A football TODAY!

g$$
12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Sweeny loses Tank
They return a average QB in Zajcek.

The way I see it playing out

1. Columbia/ needville
2. Columbia/ Needville
3. Wharton

Because Wharton is usually good

Carter, stop the name calling right now. Sweeny's qb made 2nd team All-District playing all year with a hurt shoulder (hurt in 1st game). His record when playing the whole game was 10-1 (2 other losses came after injury when he did not play or finish the game). Do you play? Until you have been there & done that pipe down about a kid's ability. Sweeny was picked 4th or 5th this year in district, & what happened? Last time I checked they went unbeaten in district & 3 rounds deep. Sweeny's program is deeper than 1 kid too.

But then again, I expect nothing less from you. You are the same guy clamoring for Sage Rosenfels to play QB for the Texans, even though he has a broken thumb & is out for the year.

carter08
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry

I did not mean to disrespect\ Zajcek

I mean
He's not a bad QB
He's better than me

I just don't like Sweeny that much

IHStangFan
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Carter, stop the name calling right now. Sweeny's qb made 2nd team All-District playing all year with a hurt shoulder (hurt in 1st game). His record when playing the whole game was 10-1 (2 other losses came after injury when he did not play or finish the game). Do you play? Until you have been there & done that pipe down about a kid's ability. Sweeny was picked 4th or 5th this year in district, & what happened? Last time I checked they went unbeaten in district & 3 rounds deep. Sweeny's program is deeper than 1 kid too.

But then again, I expect nothing less from you. gmoney, relax man, theres nothing wrong or no harm intended by refering to someone as "average" I mean, was he a QB that aired it out, spread D's out, threw for 200-300 yds a game? could he scramble? did he have any 100yd games on the ground? besides, I thought that Sweeny was a running team anyway? To say a QB is average, isnt a slam, just might mean he isnt a Kitchens or a Noack, etc.

g$$
12-18-2006, 06:45 PM
gmoney, relax man, theres nothing wrong or no harm intended by refering to someone as "average" I mean, was he a QB that aired it out, spread D's out, threw for 200-300 yds a game? could he scramble? did he have any 100yd games on the ground? besides, I thought that Sweeny was a running team anyway? To say a QB is average, isnt a slam, just might mean he isnt a Kitchens or a Noack, etc.

No, you are wrong. To slam a hs kid on a message board is wrong & childish. Some things said during the playoffs about him caused a stir in Sweeny by another poster (pololdb). I will not stand for it. You can have opinions all day long, but to air them out in a derogatory way on a message board is flat wrong.

If you want to talk ball, fine. But don't tell me to relax when an immature kid with an axe to grind (hates Sweeny) & who does NOT even play says things like that on here. I am just defending a good kid & good family, as I would anyone I know.

By the way, yes Sweeny ran more than it passed, but when you are 10-1 as the starting qb (when you finish the game) & your only loss is to a team playing in the State Finals this weekend, then I say good job. He will only improve next year, I guarantee it.

These are hs kids, not college or even pro. Give that junk a rest. Absolutely no need for it. (I have no relation to anyone playing either, just a fan & former Bulldog.)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-18-2006, 06:57 PM
will cow bell guy be off ur signature? plz:)

mac77
12-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Columbia only returns one starter on offense and 4 on defense. It's going to be a rebuilding year for the Necks. Yes they have a good group on the JV but it's not Friday night and it's not the same!

Crow22
12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
It'll be tough as usual....

We (Needville) do return quite a few kids (Wilkerson and Manville included) but we also had a 9-0 JV and a 10-0 freshman team.

The other teams in the district don't care about that though....that's why it'll be a dogfight like every year...

Great district to be a part of...

tigerpride_08
12-18-2006, 08:37 PM
looks like its going to be another interesting year of football next year...but right now i'm concentrated on our basketball team...:D...1-0 in district

wimbo_pro
12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry

I did not mean to disrespect\ Zajcek

I mean
He's not a bad QB
He's better than me

I just don't like Sweeny that much

Shut up Carter.

mac77
12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
looks like its going to be another interesting year of football next year...but right now i'm concentrated on our basketball team...:D...1-0 in district

Tigerpride, Columbia is also 1-0 in thump thump. Who else is in the district lead?

neck_94
12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
you all need to relax...

the topic of the thread is 2007 OUTLOOK.

carter08 is entitled to his own opinion. JUST AS YOU ARE...
I did not think he was slammin the kid, just said he was an avg qb.

as for 2007 I can see it like this:
Needville wins district, then there is everybody else.
Columbia/Sweeny/Wharton should figure somewhere in the mix, but with an 8 team district, ANYTHING can happen. I think Brookshire will make a run at the playoffs and sealy has a good group of athletes.

IHStangFan
12-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
will cow bell guy be off ur signature? plz:) If you'll take that Dallas Cowgirl helmet out of yours.

carter08
12-19-2006, 07:57 PM
If you'll take that Dallas Cowgirl helmet out of yours.

The Cowgirl comment just made you my favorite poster

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by neck_94
you all need to relax...

the topic of the thread is 2007 OUTLOOK.

carter08 is entitled to his own opinion. JUST AS YOU ARE...
I did not think he was slammin the kid, just said he was an avg qb.

as for 2007 I can see it like this:
Needville wins district, then there is everybody else.
Columbia/Sweeny/Wharton should figure somewhere in the mix, but with an 8 team district, ANYTHING can happen. I think Brookshire will make a run at the playoffs and sealy has a good group of athletes.

That topic is long since gone. I said my piece, & he apologized. Move on. I just do not agree with knocking kids on a message board (& avg. is not a compliment).

necks_c/09
12-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$

But then again, I expect nothing less from you. You are the same guy clamoring for Sage Rosenfels to play QB for the Texans, even though he has a broken thumb & is out for the year.

i am going to have to agree w/ you on that one.....they won when he was in and they lost when he was out....its that simpe.

remember columbia went 3 rounds deep also so dont act like ur rubbing it in.....the main reason columbia lost to yall was b/c scott didnt play the entire first half......and uh do u remember the lights thing that totally killed all the momentum we had going.

yall scored 14 quick on us b/c of turnovers by our backups.....once we got our priorities strait yall scored a total of 3 more.....

carter08
12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i am going to have to agree w/ you on that one.....they won when he was in and they lost when he was out....its that simpe.

So what are your predictions for next year

g$$
12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

remember columbia went 3 rounds deep also so dont act like ur rubbing it in.....the main reason columbia lost to yall was b/c scott didnt play the entire first half......and uh do u remember the lights thing that totally killed all the momentum we had going.

yall scored 14 quick on us b/c of turnovers by our backups.....once we got our priorities strait yall scored a total of 3 more.....

I never said anything to rub anything in. Sweeny won & the game is over. Where did I? All I stated were facts. That was also the QB's 2nd game back from injury too.

You play the hand you are dealt, period. Injuries are part of the game. So are turnovers, right? Heck, I rooted for WC all the way thru the playoffs.

And Tank scored every Sweeny point too vs. WC! 17 pts. I believe.

Centextrash
12-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Some of the speculation MAY depend upon who gets the Sealy HC job.

IHStangFan
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Some of the speculation MAY depend upon who gets the Sealy HC job. hmm...interesting.

LogieJoeBean001
12-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Sweeny was picked 4th or 5th this year in district, & what happened?

According to the local paper at the beginning of this season, the 4th place spot was going to be Wharton...and like you say, looked what happened! It appears we all have talent coming up from the JV teams. Wharton's Freshman were undefeated in 7th and 8th grade and only had 2 or 3 losses this year. Look for some of them to be moved to Varsity next year, I'm sure. So to say who'll be in any one spot by the end of next season, especially the #1 spot, is anybody's best guess at this point. It ought to be a good season though and I'm already looking forward to it. :D

neck_06
12-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Neck_06's 2007 Predictions

1. Needleville (as much as i hate to say it)

2. Sweeny (have a good QB coming back)

3 & 4. West Columbia/Wharton (both without a QB)

5 & 6. Sealy/Brookshire (always seem to have athletes)

7 & 8. Stafford/Columbus (need i say more?)